How do people drift in Gran Turismo? If I use the handbrake the car comes to a halt

How do people drift in Gran Turismo? If I use the handbrake the car comes to a halt.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kz2hUKswc9E

I dunno about GT5. but just started playing 3 again, and the handbrake is useless unless shifting the weight to correct from understeer imo. Just hit the corners fast enough with the throttle applied, and then hit throttle as needed to maintain while countersteering. Probably way easier with a wheel and pedals, but as I have none I can't really tell you.

>used car
>high mileage
>tofu water spilled all over interior
>priced over $3 million

use the shitty tires?

>34819km
>High milage
what

woops, I thought it said 348190

You just don't in GT4 because the physics suck that bad.

GT3 had some great drifting.

GT5 was good, but GT6 steals the show with its very visible and realistic weight transfer model. You can truly see the suspension loading up and unloading as you move the weight from side to side as you initiate a drift.

they drift in drift mode that's made for drift

GT is terrible simulator, you can't really have fun with car in it. If you want to drift, try LFS or Assetto Corsa on PC.

Only 34000 dollars. Pretty normal for an 86 (in Australia at least)

Is LFS a good drifting sim? I find it really easy to start drifts with the brakes, and can keep them in a good line with very little counter steer. My only drifting experience is when I used to take my fathers truck out to dirt roads and practice weight transfer, so it's probably not a good representation of asphalt drifting.

Yes. LFS is realistic (and does shitbox rallycross better than any other game on the market). You might miss "real" cars, but that's how this game works, i guess.

Realistic doesn't necessary mean "difficult". In Gran Turismo (it's stupid to compare those two games though), drifting is infinitely harder than in LFS, and yet if you'd try to skid in real car, it'd feel more like LFS than like GT.

Huh. That's for the clear up. I usually play split screen GT6 down a friends house, trying to one up each other with shitboxes while our sports cars and GT cars all collect dust. I figured something was up, but just got used to it.

gt3 with a pad was a blast, complicated string was so much fun with 330 or the Ruf
gt4 with a pad was woeful, bspec and that point system they introduced was fucking atrocious
I remember the first time i fired it up with a my g25 though, gee wiz, what a difference that wheel made.
Then I moved onto Enthusia and never looked back

9 times out of 10 I just overcorrect and crash
only got int done a handful of times

that's me crashing in style

did you put traction control on 0?

In GT4 I took a Chaser and made it a drift car. The only way it works is to basically snap oversteer the damn thing at the outside end of the corner, then you downshift and gas it all the way through, shifting up when necessary.

Lots of toe, caster, and camber adjustment to be done, as well as shortening gears 3-6 while making 1-2 longer.

i do it for all road cars in the game

>Shigeno Version
What did they mean by this

It' a special version of the Trueno
revs to 10k and such

You use the wrong car. Take the Amuse s2000, put road tires on and choose citta di amalfi track or smth like that. I guarantee it can make great lift off oversteer. DO NOT USE HANDBRAKE to initiate drift.