/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Woke up and forgot everything: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
Every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules: a.pomf.cat/jzmnvh.jpg

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

play-asia.com/ultimate-premium-masterline-bloodborne-14-scale-pre-painted-stat/13/70b3o3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

whats the point of the makeshift altar putting a chalice down every time I do a quicksearch?

Annalise :)

How do I get good?

Chikage users are so fucking redpilled

The term "git gud" does not refer to an actual state of skillfulness, but is rather a metaphor for the journey one must undertake. Thusly when someone is told to get good, they are being reminded of the personal discovery every one of us must set out on, a goal we must dream for, but something that forever remains unobtainable.

Despite common misperception of the phrase, "gud" is not an obtainable state, it is the ever evolving nirvana we all strive to reach, but none can obtain. As the meta-game evolves, so do the players, and so does the imperceptible notion of skill along with them. To become truly good is to reach the end of the infinite expanse of evolution that spans all playstyles, all counters, all cheap tricks, all predictive capabilities, and all reactive ones.

However impossible the goal is, however unendingly long the struggle to get there, we all undertake this task of personal growth and knowledge of the game, and we all can look back on days past with the encouraging fact that we have indeed, improved on the way we play the game.

VITamins

I used to be a scrub that got JUSTed by every boss but then I got VIT40 and now everybody loves me

>They just aren't that great for damage compared to regular weapons.
That's because you stopped at 50 ARC :^)

I've played str/arc before but the tool damage was sorely lacking at that level and all the good weapons had a huge stamina drain. With the higher arcane you can deal comparable damage to an autism-gem weapon at a distance

>All for 175 points of HP which makes fuck all difference in NG+ cycles and curse dungeons
I'd say +175 HP makes a pretty big difference in normal play and in cursed dungeons. Especially if you've got two clockwise runes (their +25% HP makes it +220 HP instead of +175).

Not as much in NG+ cycles, since you'll often die in two hits no matter what, but in cursed dungeons it's usually enough to make the difference between dying in two hits and dying in three (since physical damage is reduced in FRCs).

>especially when you're going to be fighting at a distance a lot of the time, which is a major reason to use arcane tools in the first place.
Sounds boring, and it doesn't even work for a lot of bosses anyway. Attacking them from range just enrages them and makes them tunnel vision on you specifically, even if you have two summoned players hacking at its back as you run for your life.

If you've got that much ARC anyway I don't get why you wouldn't use your converted weapons. At 99 ARC, they do like 10% more damage with gems than they do at 50 ARC

Help me rape this bitch yharnam with my mate queen killer
no pass just ring nigga

>Especially if you've got two clockwise runes (their +25% HP makes it +220 HP instead of +175).
The difference in FRCs is "only" about 110, but I agree; I'd rather have 910 HP than 800.

>At 99 ARC, they do like 10% more damage with gems than they do at 50 ARC
15%, which is almost as insignificant.

I damn sure wouldn't sacrifice 20 Vit for 20 Arc at BL98, but that user has made up his mind. Although at this point I'm not sure if he's even the user who posted the build to begin with.

It's faster to set a pass. There's no guarantee you won't summon a random cooperator.

10* for 20.

Or 49, as it were.

>Sounds boring
Less boring than fighting melee all the time with a stat spread that benefits ranged attacks with varied spells
>Attacking them from range just enrages them and makes them tunnel vision on you specifically, even if you have two summoned players hacking at its back as you run for your life.
If you fight them alone, that changes literally nothing about the fight
>If you've got that much ARC anyway I don't get why you wouldn't use your converted weapons
I do. Why would you think I exclusively use the tools?
>At 99 ARC, they do like 10% more damage with gems than they do at 50 ARC
And your spells do at like 50% more damage per hit, which adds up to a fuckton of damage if the whole spell hits

>I damn sure wouldn't sacrifice 20 Vit for 20 Arc at BL98,
40/70 vs 50/50 is sacrificing 10 vit for 20 arc boi. I mean you could go 50/60 but eh

What is the best fashion to go along with beast's embrace+claws? Aside from shirtless, I mean.

Also the 10 fewer points in vit is even less of a big deal at lv 98 since nobody is using shit like a maxed out Ludwig's build, so I don't get why everyone's having a go over it. People here do low vit meme builds all the time and post webms of one-shotting in pvp with max ARC n sheeit

The Harrowed Set is a good choice since its tattered state gives it a beastly feeling.

no, Harrowed garb is ruined by the fact that you can see your pale human skin through the collar of the shirt up to your beastly neck. Same for beast hide garb (go figure it's the two that you'd think would be best to wear as a beast)

if you want tattered, you should go for the Old Hunter garb or the Charred Hunter garb. Standard hunter outfits look good too

>I've played str/arc before but the tool damage was sorely lacking at that level and all the good weapons had a huge stamina drain.

STR/ARC here, I have 120 stamina (15 END + 20% rune) and I can use all the really heavy weapons quite effectively. Even on my character with really high stamina, I usually can't get off more than 2 or 3 heavy R2 or L2 attacks with these heavy weapons before having to dodge away from an incoming counterattack anyway, and that's how many I can do with 120 stamina (three R2's usually exhausts it though)

Are there a lot of coop in fight for orphan?

he's probably the most cooped boss in the game at around level 100

At what level does the srrc yield more random frc dungeon players?
Currently getting nothing but story dungeons at 80-117

I have two +10 Chikage now and I equip them both at the same time

If they're both gemmed you should go pvp and switch between them to negate the blood mode off animation for extra wizardry

I'm thinking of giving one of them dirty blood gems for extra autism

Not many people play/spelunk FRCs at that meta. Only the hardcore players who wear gimped armor just for its looks because they never get hit anyway.
You'll probably find the most activity at the reddit-level meta. I went from 98 to 117 and the number of summons to chalice Rom went down by like 50% and I started getting slightly more FRCs

How to pure arcane build at meta levels?

I assume it's just in case you like the dungeon you got randomly dumped into (unless you're helping someone with a password) and want to go through it yourself.

I am a sleepy boy

PURGE FILTH

Does Bloodborne still need it's own general here? I think it's more viable to just post in the Dark Souls threads at this point.

>dsg
plsno

I use harrowed for everything but chest slot. Sweaty clothes/beast hide garb are almost mandatory.

/bbg/ may be a slow general but there's really no need for a merger. We're still well and truly alive here.

bbg doesn't die, which is more than can be said for a lot of other gens. until it starts dying it will be fine to keep them separate. There are still regular BB threads on /v/ even.

I will hold hands with the doll. No one else.

I've just invaded three spics in a row, two named Miguel and Rodriguez
do mexicunts like bloodborne?

>Wanting to merge with /dsg/
Wot, are you mad? What type of hoonter are you?

thiknen of buying DaS2 scholar of the first sin

Think again. If you're tired of BB, play some DS3. If you're tired of both, play some DS1. If you're tired of all of them, play some DeS.

>want to do a 99 ARC build but can't because muh meta range
Would it be worth having no hp? It would be fun as fuck but I hate dying in one hit

I fucking love unzipping my vileblood load on no-vit arc memers, do it

this webm

what the fuck

looks like absolute dogshit

DeS, DaS, and DaSII are noticeably clunky compared to BB and DaS3. The animations for a lot of bosses in DaSII are very rigid and seeing it in 60fps just makes it all the more obvious.

Swap DeS and DaS3 and I will consider taking your opinion out of the trash

Does anyone actually use choir bell?

no

I like to pull my dick over the fact played these games from the beginning as well but don't try and delude people into thinking DeS is a more fluid game. Just because it's a faster pace than DaS 1/2 doesn't take mean it's not clunky.

I'm sure you like to pull your dick, wanker but you're deluded if you think dark souls 3 is better than DeS in any measure

tbqh you are sounding like a coward. I'm ending this conversation.

Demon's Souls is incredibly fluid. Everything has a unique moveset that flows together better than any other game in the Souls series aside from Bloodborne, has great movement, and bosses that don't bullshit you. It's home of some of the greatest fights in the series, like False Allant and Flamelurker.

Oh yeah? Well that suits me just fine, pussy. Run away but know that my Chikage will sink into your yellow back. You're a fucking simpleton hoodwinked by shiny gloss and ephemeral tricks and that's why you can't pick out the wretchedness of dark souls 3 and the genius of Demon's Souls. Fuck you.

Anyone want to farm FRC Rom with me? Pass bbg123

If I'm 25/12/50 and using tricked memelight sword/wheel, would they get a bigger bonus from +arcane gems than they would from nourishings?

Same goes fro tonitrus and bolt vs nourishings. Also is boomhammer good on an arcane build?

>ded thred
Srry bae. I would have joined but I just NG'd

Atk up for weel and probably moonlight sword

Nourishings for all of them, even the Boomhammer. Although you won't get great damage out of the Boomhammer if it's not tricked.

>I just NG'd
NG has nothing to do with Chalices, especially if you SRRC, but it's fine. I'm getting Rom down about once ever 5 or so attempts.

>I think its more viable to just post in the Dark Souls threads at this point

If you post anything about Bloodborne in /dsg/ you get a million angry PCucks on your ass telling you to go back to /bbg/ . I dislike people who intentionally try to provoke /dsg/ by jerking off to Bloodborne's superiority there but if you try to talk about BB normally, the angry masturds will soil their diapers and direct you back here.

I dislike platform elitism when it's PC or Console I also understand that Piss Dribble users were really douchy toward the pc users but the way /dsg/ is now is that you can't discuss Bloodborne in there because the pc people will get assmad.

PC players are all fucking cunts. They act like children: all entitled to what that "should" have, and act like anyone that enjoys anything else is subhuman. Cross platform was a mistake.

Also trying to decide between going str/arc or pure arc. Someone push me in either direction with compelling arguments.

I meant I started a new character altogether. I'd be dead weight yo

Pure arc is good for hunter tools and if you like the weapons you can use without str/skl investment like the saw spear, kos parasite, saw cleaver, cane, and hunter axe. Str/arc is good if you want to use the HMLS, wheel, tonitrus, and other convertable weapons with higher requirements like the whirligig and LHB.

Oh I feel. Well have fun with that. I'll be pulling my hair out.

>PC players are all fucking cunts
Oh... Heh, I see you're one of "those" people.
*scratches neck beard*
You play your electronic entertainment on a lesser platform than what I do.
*brushes dorito crumbs from collar onto floor, amongst several discarded chip bags and soda bottles*
I will never profess to understand you peasants, who continue to buy peasant platforms and contribute to the decay of gaming
*wheezes, filing the air with cloying breath*
You are why console babies continue to get your "version exclusives", while we superior gentlemen with refined taste have to suffer without. Everything should just become PC exclusive already, as my 1000 gigaplex alienware hard drive can run the same thing but so much clearer and smoother.
*reluctantly peels sweaty back from swivel chair to shit in the corner of the room and drag a garbage bag of popcorn over to the monitor*

Kidding and barely exaggerating aside, yeah. They're ironically both elitist shit cunts and whiny assholes. dsg is full of that shit

I reeeeally want to play pure arc, but at level 98, the arc investment will either leave me too frail, or not make much difference from that of a 50 arc build if I do invest in vit. I've seen the charts and such for tool scaling, but how significant is the difference between 50-70 in practice?

It'll pump an extra hundred or so damage out of your hunter tools.

It's either this, or [pending upload from Australian interweb]

Or this. Pls critique
>110 second wait before next post
What the fuck, Kawasaki?

Tbh the PS3 players were fucking children back in the day when DS1 was the newest Souls game and were butthurt about "xniggers" and "pcfats" coming to their sekrit treehouse. But as it is, discussing BB in /dsg/ is impossible due to mustards.

That said I play DS1 to 3 on pc because it's just objectively better and soon will emulate DeS on it because Sony are cunts and don't port it to ps4.

God damn I thought about being done with this after 1 playthrough but the 2nd run is so much fun, maybe better than the first one

The spinning saw L2 is just texas chainsaw massacre tier

And the burial blade is amazing too

Just beat cleric beast and gascoigne on 1st try, I feel powerful

Both are fine. You're working almost the exact same amount of hp, so "being too frail" isn't really an excuse. What weapon are you planning on using that uses 11 dex?

>Ps3 emulator
One can only hope. I can finally get my friends to play Demon's Souls and Vanquish.

Also the Demon's Souls threads back in the day were comfy as fuck, just like /bbg/ is now. When Dark Souls went multiplat, suddenly console war bullshit popped up, and the community was now split, so the online was less active on both platforms.

Saif. Never really used it before so I thought it would be fun to try.
Arcane
>pimp cane
>tentacle rape
Fire
>saws
Bolt
>rally axe
>saif

>One can only hope
DeS is kind of in a playable state right now but requires a pretty beastly rig.

Rampaging through the early game on NG+ is so hilarious and satisfying. If you had trouble the first time it's like getting revenge.

I just wish there were more enemy variety on later cycles

Yeah it is satisfying

They picked the wrong night to be running with a torch at the outsider

>AWAY AWAY
>he sprints with a fcking scythe looking like DEATH with the keeper of the old lords set
>oh shit

the whole street is massacred in seconds

Yea that's fine. Like I said, both builds are plaenty viable.

In the GOTY version does the DLC get bound to a single account or is it built in to the disc? I want to buy it second hand, but does that mean the DLC has been applied to an account already?

I bought it second hand m8 and the dlc is working fine, just finished it tonight

I only just realized that fitting a viable str/arc into a bl 98 build leaves me with about the same vit anyway. I'm a retard lol.

Pure arc it is

Ah nevermind, I just found a brand new version for like $6 more so I'll probably get that instead

FUCKING FRC ROM REEEEEEEEE

All I want for this PoS boss is to have the little romlets work like the enemies in DMC, but no I have to deal with bullshit hitting me from offscreen where I can't react to it, and I have to deal with bullshit ranged moves too. This fight is fucking cancer of the highest order.

PSN is working just fine but I can't connect to BB server - 'Failed to acquire Bloodborne server information'. What the hell?

works fine for me EU

it helps to setup the fight. if you hit rom as much as possible but stop just short of makign her teleport away, then pause and full recharge your stamina you can unleash a full combo to stagger her and squeeze out as much easy damage as possible before the real fight starts. if you do it right you can get 2/3 of her health or more down and then just hit and run, spam projectiles or whatever to close it out.

I fucking hate the merciless watchers goddamn. what's the best way to farm 23/24 damage gems? I got a few 21% from a bone ash hunter and celestial emissaries in Isz? I'm also working on the beast possessed soul boss and that seems okay too. any other methods out there a fellow hunter wouldn't mind sharing?

vicserals and you should be getting 27% ones.

I know but I suck against them. I was never good at fighting multiple strong enemies, like the living failures I struggled with them too because I would always get hit from off screen and the watchers pulverise me in 2 hits maximum so parrying is really risky.

>Not the Amygdalan Arm

...actually that raises a point, can normies even SEE the Amygdalan Arm?
Keeping in mind that people can't see the Lesser Amygdala outside of Nightmares unless their insight is high enough.

So, would you just look like some kind of lunatic waving nothing about and yet SOMEHOW causing monstrous carnage everywhere?

If anyone could help me with a quick bsb kill in loran depth 2 i would really appreciate it.

Dudes killed me with that fucking grab attack 3 times in a row and i just want my goddamn burial blade.

Pass is bsb and I'm ringing at lantern.

you can stay way outside range and just bait out attacks. dash in and out really quick. saw and club guys only have a handful attacks with pretty generous parry windows. just lead them in a big circle around the area, keep one eye on gun bro and his gun. never just r1, spam, only visceral.

Do them in rhe room with stairs and just kite them. If you're on a Str build spam Beast Cutter R2s. If you're on Arc KP will easily beat them. On skill, if you're not good at parrying them: get some distance so that if you don't parry you won't get his and only parry them when they do multiple attacks in a row. Also get +20% and + 30% visceral dmg runes and two viscerals are enough to kill them.

Yeah, dark souls 2, when compared to the rest of the series, is a blight. total garbage.

>2/3 of her health
Utter bullshit. I do exactly what you say every time and I do 1/3 at most

the arena I fought them in was the regular one square room with 4 pillars, they helped protect me from the gunman but also had me cornered by the two looming fucks at the same time. is there a better area to fight them in? I know all of the arenas change a little bit but it changes the fight too

play-asia.com/ultimate-premium-masterline-bloodborne-14-scale-pre-painted-stat/13/70b3o3

what glyph is this? if I had some stairs to work with I'll surely slaughter them. I need to get runes too, I want that 30% clawmark and a couple others. I just use the one you get from the beastboy hunter