/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>a thing edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>...
youtube.com/channel/UCXewnZC2Xqmd_ps42Evm1rw

>user's Accord
youtube.com/watch?v=Xl_pXqmmQTc&feature=youtu.be

>...
youtube.com/watch?v=UTURtQvSvHI

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NVFBDtFa3uc
youtube.com/watch?v=9bZulPIjBs4
dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/6182806156.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How does the collage work?
See pic related.

New look

Alloys when

Never unless I could find an insane deal

Keep looking on Craigslist nigga

That little primerd fenda is racecar is fuck

How good is the parts market for a 1988 Honda prelude

Not as good as fourth gen. It's not good at all desu

is it a good idea to increase idle speed to help with hill starts and driving stick in general???? ??

No, just learn to use the throttle you sperg

you can do it. i have a car that cold idles at 2k and its hilarious to drive

Yeah I have a little bit higher idle myself and it does make it overall easier.

Took my car for a wash today as I do every week. Started to drizzle when I got there and full blown rain mid way through the wash...sigh...
>tire shine...no go
>spray wax...no go
>wheel cleaner..would have been better if I could scrub at it

sigh guess next week I will get to do a full test of the new products I bought. On top of this the only parking I could find was on the shitty part of the street where there is dirt and shit..fml

Don't most Hondas(at least the older ones) have a high idle?

Honda wants me to come in a 100,000 mile service.
They said I get a free loaner for the day.

What should I test drive for the day?

ummm what are the options

Basically Honda's entire 2016 lineup.

umm idk man. What's peaking your interest?

They usually idle at 900 but it's not uncommon for them to idle at 1300.

well mine idles at ~700 op temp and im having trouble with hill starts (no handbrake)...

but then again i've only driven stick twice so maybe i need to muscle memorize the bite point

What do you drive? I think that's a below average idle speed.

I was kinda thinking a Civic. It's the CVT model, and I'm a little interested to test drive a CVT to see what all the fuss is about.

Honda has near perfected the cvt. I have the hrv and the cvt is a charm... Its one of the better ones but it really made me realize Veeky Forums is full of temperamental 16 year olds who just bitch about cvts not knowing what they actually are.

a 93 del sol BUT i'm not entirely sure how accurate my memory is regarding my idle speed. i just know for sure it's less than 1k

Won't hurt to bump it up a bit. Try 1100.

Git gud feg

Should've checked the forecast sand pie. I was glad it rained, I got to do multiple skidz in my soup.

Whatever model you have so you can compare

Your problem is a problem of getting good. Just drive more and it'll be fine. Don't bother using the handbrake for hill start. Just give it a lot of gas and control it with clutch if you arent sure

what the hell is a sand pie

Yeah now that I think about it you gotta give it gas on a hill regardless of the idle. A high idle will only really work on a level surface.

>Needing help from a reliable Honda
Those poopras always remind me of an FC, though.

It has some electrical gremlins. The power outlet stopped working when the clocked stopped working. I'm pretty sure it could be fixed by soldering the wires but it's not my dd so I could care less about it lol

Anybody know how much power a stock CM5 I4 would gain from a computer reflash?

How about with a cold air intake and a 2.55" performance exhaust with a 4-2-1 header?

It's not like I have $2k lying around to spend on this shit, but I like fantasizing shit like this.

Its self explanatory; not to be confused with sand say.

I don't think the K24A4 can tune for shit, all the flashed Accords are CL9s with the K24A2, best to get the bolt ons for more grunt and roll with that.

you would need to swap a k24a2 or k20z3 head onto the a4 block to make it worth while.

This, CM5 a cute but it can't rev.

youtube.com/watch?v=NVFBDtFa3uc

Fuck, man, and I was reading about how Vtec only engages at 6K rpm and can be tuned to engage at 4K...

So you're saying $2k would only give the engine 5 hp?

You don't need 2k to make a CM sound mean, a short ram intake alone will make the intake valve crossover louder.

I wanted performance, not sound.

Here I was, spending months just fantasizing about modifying my car to almost 200hp with a couple of parts.

>call hmotorsonline a dozen times to get parts
>answering machine every time
I just want parts send help

You may get like 10hp or something, but the parts can be cheap because the stock Honda parts are a tad bit restrictive, trying to make the car quiet. A simple catback will free it up

youtube.com/watch?v=9bZulPIjBs4

Yeah, but it's pointless now.

It's that CM life, you gotta enjoy it for what it is.

I do; I'll just focus on getting larger rotors.

crossover depends on how many simple mods you have. i've got an 'a2 that cracks even lower than 4k because of my vtc gear

It's their peak time of the year bro, I had to call for 2 days straight to get someone. Was a bit peeved when I was told that a set of wheels (that's still up on their site) was sold. 3 weeks later, that sold set of wheels is still up.

That seems to be a thing with sites like that. Password JDM has a huge list of wheels imported from Japan but they never delete them when they're sold. It's some bullshit.

20HP with all that (at most)

Maybe no ones attending the phone, they might be closed at the hour you called.

They have a clock on their site so they are defiantly open

All I can really do is keep trying I guess, ill be pretty annoyed if the shit I want is actually gone though

>tfw want to swap in a B18C and a manual transmission in my Integra LS
>tfw cost would be more than just selling my car and buying a GS-R
>tfw can't part ways with my car because sentimental value
How do I do it br/o/s? I love her but I really love her sister too ;_;

Do the swap. Sentimental value should cover the difference anyways.

K swap and have something better than a gsr.

Car still running excellent, aside from the weak AC. I'll take care of that soon maybe.

My dog wasn't being himself though and I had him checked out yesterday. Very bad news, they found what might be a cancerous tumor at or around the spleen.

>can't even run anymore
>needs help climbing into mine or mom's beds
>really wants to play with his ball but can only manage to push it around with his paws

My heart is breaking. I kept tearing up while on deliveries yesterday after I heard the news. I've had him for 9 years since he was a puppy.

Feels bad man

Get well vibes for pupper. I know this feel and I would probably wish it on my worst enemies desu...only because they're my worst enemies tho.

Poor doggo, he's a good boy, he dindu nuffin. Give him lots of car rides, feed him steaks and bacon, and let him sleep in your bed

Feels real bad. I want to save him but it might not be possible without it costing more than I can afford. Every time I look at that pic I took today I start tearing up. I didn't even cry at all the grandparents' funerals I've been to lately.

Thanks. He was perfectly fine just a few weeks ago. Cancer is the worst thing ever and has killed almost every one of my grandparents.

I think I'll give him a ride tomorrow if he's willing to get up. It's really rough for him.

what is mr. doggo's name?

That sucks man, my cut runs around but it bums be out to see her bald patches.

>my cut
cat**

take my energy doggo. i love dogs, i miss my dog in flipland more than my kids.

;_;

Jack.

I got a cat close to the same age as my dog. Boring but she's a good cat.

I hope it's not too serious but it's not looking good at all. He just wants to lay down 24/7 and I have to force him to eat.

dont even bother if you can cut the stock piping and have a muffler shop fit a magnaflow

saves you hundreds and isn't nearly as rice looking

pic related, my car

97 base model, cost like 370 bucks total

it costed you 370 bucks to just weld in a muffler? or the whole piping plus the muffler?

150 to get a guy to fit it
220 for the muffler

keep the resonators

ur welcome

>why don't you get real Mugen parts, bro

because I didn't want a grapefruit cannon as an exhaust on an already low car

>Tfw my resonator rubs at a few places in town and my fuckhueg muffler will hit curbs if I back up too much

It sounds so good tho.

not sure if this is a QTDDTOT question or not, forgive me g/o/ds

I'm 30 and about to get medically retired from the Army. I have nowhere near 14 years driving experience, nor however many miles that would imply. Sure, I got my license at 16 but I finished high school at 17 and was in the Army that summer. (lol rural blight, inb4 thank you for your cervix jokes)

>I was a barracks rat and walked or bicycled around post
>or deployed
>or living abroad where a car was unnecessary and more trouble that it's worth
>and later, in schools
>and for a while, in the DC area

so, I've owned some cars and logged some miles, but always econoboxes with 200000 miles and _small_ stick trucks

point being that as a retirement gift to myself I'm considering a 6 cylinder stick Accord Coupe since where I'm moving back to doesn't have Metro. I know it's not a proper go-fast-mobile, but I can throw people in the back, though that's not going to be often, and it has a "real" trunk. By real, I mean it's sealed off for open bottles of booze or firearms -- again, not apt to be often, but w00t 4th amendment

tl;dr: yay or nay?

thanks in advance guiz

internals

Are those even real mugen parts?

Yes get a manual v6 accord coupe, the current one could be the last gen to offer a v6

They're good cars.

>one of the best looking modern Hondas, very professional looking
>uses a J series which has been used since the mid 90s, extremely reliable
>also the last Accord V6 ever, new one will be using the 2.0 turbo 4 making similar power and torque

I'd go for it.

I guess they could be judging by the insane tax. Mugen is cool and all but it kinda ruins the point of Honda when their parts cost more than an actual Honda.

>tfw no B18

That fucking sucks. I might not know much, but I do know a vehicle that heavy is going to drive like shit without moar engine. I'm not even some sort of "wow big engines are cool" freak, it's just conversation of energy/conservation of mass.

t. small truck and econobox driver

H22A is fine for a daily driver

for anything more I want a second car, I don't plan to add anything more to what I have now

>very professional looking
Well, this ties into my primary question, and I don't want to sound like a total knuckle dragger ... but I am an enlisted infantryman :-p

A guy in my platoon way, way back had a 350Z and I didn't fawn over it or anything, but they're neat cars. However, to me, they seem like, uhhhh "kid cars?"

The main differences I can discern are RWD, the trunk doesn't seal off, it doesn't "really" seat rear passengers, and it has no safety rating. The last point will wreck my insurance cost.

I'm banking on the Z being drastically more fun, but again, I'm neither some Joe living in the barracks trying to impress girls off post, nor a 50 something business dick working in Arlington County. I'm moving back to BFE and just need a way to get around, without drawing too much attention to myself. Even the Accord feels gaudy, coming from the shit I'm used to.

Is this correct?
>Accord: grownup, sort of fun, practical
>370Z: actually fun, not at all practical, mid-life crisis car

I'm seriously impressed by the potential of H22s. The BoostedBoiz one is making 700 horsepower now. The block and sleeves are stock I believe.

That's pretty much it. I drove my friend's 350Z a few times. Despite their size, they're not very practical at all and they're very hard to see out of. No back seats at all, either. I think the Toyota GT86 would be a good in between choice. Has the practicality of the Accord (back seats, sealed trunk), while being a fun little RWD. Only downsides is it's lacking power and a lot of people aren't fans of the Subaru boxer engine.

Mitsubishi makes some great engines.

4g63

>tfw Mitsubishi is under Nissan now

We'll probably never see a cool Mitsu ever again. Sucks. Though the last cool car was the Evo X which came out literally 10 years ago.

WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE

I was actually unaware of that sumbitch

you're saying it has a "real" trunk? I'm hitting toyota's website at the moment (I mean obviously it's advertising, but, you know)

Yep but I'm not sure on the size of it. Definitely smaller than the Accord since the Accord is midsize and the 86 is more of a compact.

>Accord is midsize
Not since that 8th gen, thing is fucking FAT.

Well according to a lot of sources it's still midsize, it just looks bigger.

>2017 - 190-193″ L x 73″ W x 57-58″ H
>2003 - 188-190″ L x 71-72″ W x 56-57″ H

Compare that to an actual full size car, 2017 Chebby Impala.

>201″ L x 73″ W x 59″ H

dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/6182806156.html

Going to go take a look at this tomorrow, the lack of details makes me wary.
Anything I should be on the lookout for?

>2017 Accord Sport weighs 3,300 to 3,369 lbs
>2004 EX Trim CM5 2.4 weighs 3210 lbs
Weird, maybe it's the design that makes it look thiccer than it is

Yeah I'm surprised they're still somewhat close to the weight of the early 2000's Accords.

Looks pretty good for the price.

>check for rust (not likely since it's Texas)
>rev it out (warm it up first)

Also see what trim it is. It's either gonna be the CX (70hp D15B8) or the VX (92hp D15Z1). There will be a stamp on the engine block just to the left and under the header piping.

>get back home after weekend trip for reno
>fill up parents car on way back
>shit thats cheap ill fill up too
>get in my car
>fill up
>just as i pull onto my street Nothing Compares to You comes on the radio
>park, shut windows, turn lights off
>close eyes
>remember how last year almost gf but she went back to her country
>feel empty
>reach out hand to try and remember her touch
>feel crest of steering wheel
>hold it just like i was holding her hand
i dont care if this is autism tier, this car has been where i can fully feel and i dont know what i'd be without it

>Grandmother buys new Accord as the last car she will ever drive
>Everybody in my family has gotten new cars but my grandmother kept this one
>Been knowing it since I was 9
>21 now
>Not knowing how much time she has left
>Gives me the accord as my first car
I know that feel, this CM5 is really the only consistent thing in my life.

mine was from gramma too
right now, i dont see her gardening anymore...