/ovg/ - Trucks at Hiccory in 30 minutes edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PsJrE85zv7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*23 minutes

I'm looking to download the Assetto Corsa mods but I can only find them bundled with the main game, which I don't need.

I've searched and searched but with no luck, if any of you could help I'd appreciate it.

I'm really only looking for the nipponese pack but I'd be happy to have everything.

19*

ñ

ñ pero caca jajajajaja

ñ

JAJAJAJAJA TACO TACO

ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET Ñ PERRO CACA

not even 15 minutes after you post that a corvette crashes out
good job

I bet the corvette driver didn't post ñ to ensure ropa interior limpia

top ten anime deaths

>When someone has the audacity to say that Blur was overrated

>tfw Mumble fucks my connection
Why do I have to listen to these funny men? I was fine last week

ñ

slightly underrated

BMW M235i at Slovakia Ring in 18 hours

What are the chances of FM7 dominating this sub in the winter?

Open track days would be comfy

Considering car roster and the car-meet style lobbies, I would say it is a strong possibility

I kept forgetting to ask this, but did any of you fags go to EA play last week to play Burn- I mean Need for Speed?

There was a corvette in hp1??

How much does the quality grade of your parts matter in dirt 4? Upgraded mine to all C and i am still getting smoked, pretty hard pressed to even get on the podium on the tough difficulty with no assists. Do i just need to git gud? Usually am trailing by like 3-8 seconds, much better on tarmac but still hard. Using the 95 impreza seems okay, slides around a lot.

Parts have nothing to do with overall pace other than reducing wear on really long rallies. In short: git gud, adjust your setups.

Idk how to go much faster honestly, i am usually topping out 5th gear going through most of these stages and then on a real long straight blast through 6th. 4th and 3rd for really tight non-hairpins but still man, gotta put up quite the pace then i guess. Must be slowing down too much for hairpins or not enough and sliding too much losing time. That and that hesitation to not go flatout because i don't fully know the stages and even with early pacenotes those things come late in 6th gear flying at 100 something mph.

I tuned my shit to be much stiffer, seems to hold up a lot better under the really high speed 5th gear cornering etc.

>mumble instantly gets 9x better

UPDATE WHEN

beamng when

1.0 will probably be 2019.
Multiplayer never ever.

Civetta Bolide

>forza motorsport ads all over le mans track

literally every other sim btfo

>other sim
>other
>forza
>sim

I'm a person who like sims and more street-car style racing games
Is there a way to adapt a regular stock car steering wheel to a Logitech G27?
I know you can get adapter plates to attach an aftermarket wheel, but I want to try and attach a regular wheel to it to get that comfy irl driving sim experience.

I'm in the same boat of it'll prolly never be multiplayer, but man, it wouldn't be too hard to run, an i5 or an FX octo-core or anything ryzen can handle multiple cars colliding no prob.
hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

Yes, but having the deformation sent exact over the net perfectly is the tricky part. The game itself is really well optimized now and I cab spawn 3-4 cars on a laptop dual core before bed shitting happens.

I mean, they made it so you can record and save the exact state of a car, beaten up, wrecked, or just slightly damaged, that data can easily be sent client side.
I made a covet that I wanted to look properly beat up rather than just a paintjob, so I went to town on it with the node grabber, opened the radial menu and saved, then saved the config, now I can load the exact damage that I inflicted with the node grabber.
And loading and saving those states have zero impact on the game unlike changing a single part or modifying the tune. I'd imagine this would be used to send damage data from player to server and vice versa.

I'm a person who like sims and more shit-car style racing games
Is there a way to adapt a regular shit car steering wheel to a Logitech G27?
I know you can get adapter plates to attach an aftermarket wheel, but I want to try and attach a regular wheel to it to get that disappointing irl endurance engine failures sim experience.

I forgot about that. I'm guessing they might have a crack at it once all the content is in. They still have at least 2 maps, 1 car and the campaign to finish, so its gonna be far off.

What's the filesize of the state?

No idea really, but I can tell you from running on an SSD, it takes literally no time to load it, the second you press load, it's there instantly whereas loading a normal config or modifying a config takes /some/ time to load.

idk famalam, it'd seem pretty neat putting one of those big thin wheels from a chevy or something for truck games or something closer to what you'd find in a semi for something like euro truck sim.
something like this looks comfy af to me.

hang on you were not memeing? because this question was /already/ answered in a previous thread

I'm a person who like memes and more street-car style racing games
Is there a way to adapt a regular meme car steering wheel to a Logitech G27?
I know you can get adapter plates to attach an aftermarket wheel, but I want to try and attach a meme wheel to it to get that comfy irl driving meme experience.

About 250kb on the top end.

is this a joke or not

well, let's assume it's not a joke. everything is possible user, you only have to believe

open your wheel and think a little, then try to make some kind of adapter. I "adapted" my old sports car wheel to g27 with a piece of wood and couple of drilled holes, worked flawlessly, you might have a little bit more of a problem if it'll be one-bolt wheel, but still - it's worth a try.

Also, keep in mind that bigger, heavier wheel = less FFB.

initial D reference?

nigga r u 4 real?
there was a corvette even in NFS1

No arca webms?

Fark, are those 500 profile tyres or something?

race cancelled because arca drivers cried like babies when the shit toyota died

I'll make mine when I know what the fuck I'm doing after le mans
so who knows when

This is HP1, not HP2 on PC, right? Looks great for its time tbqh.

how do you think they get that crazy grip bro

Idk, magnets under the road?

Gee bill, 4 turbos?

SHiT 5 with real stages when

don't have to be WRC stages, just map some villages from local rallies

would be nice desu if rally games would incorporate the use of GPS data.

i don't think it would be that difficult for shitmasters to combine their track generator with google maps data, at least for basic track/forest/grass position. Not like there is anything more in generator than track, forest and grass.

why do you put all this effort into shit nobody cares about

Probably pushing back the M235i because of Le Mans and participation will be rough.

hope you're enjoying your "randomly generated" order of appearance of same 5-10 corners in SHiT 4

or SHiT Rally's """12""" stages per rally

post more of these images

man, LMP1s are so lame.
Can we use LMP2s for ovgtp instead?

>spec shit

It's ok because you can LARP as Jackie Chan

im not enjoying it because ive never played any of those games youre always going on about. thanks for projecting though.

P1 kills themselves (especially the Toyotas)
P2 kill other people

keep the P1

pick a stage
find in google maps
switch to street view and follow the road

>buy colin mcrae 04
>"to unlock the incredible group B mode register online now!"
>codemaster.com/register doesn't exist
anymore
J U S T

>CORVETTE

Can I drive an aston for ovgtp?

That's better than what I have

The only Gt3 aston is a mod, I don't think the organiser wants to deal with BoP

depends, is the organiser a GM cuck?

i'd like the stingray myself

>SJ will never archive his mods for us again
Good job chasing out our founder

I don't care what you think.
Aston or riot. It's the superior car.

also got a webm with very shitty sync

It's extremely gay that AC has no Astons. Extremely gay.

They look nothing alike.

Now that we are supposedly ditching rFactor, all sort of shit leagues with russian mods will show up.

Thanks shadow gubmint.

Not in GT3 bud, it still lost to the ferraris in GTE Am

>GTE AM
Nobody cares. Pro is where the real racing happens.

thats not how you spell LMP2 mate

>2013
>Criterion is confirmed to no longer be involved in any future NFS and Ghost is the new dev
>YouTuber BlackPanthaa makes an entire video celebrating the "rebirth" of NFS
>Rivals sucks ass
>BP thinks Rivals sucks ass
>BP says it's mainly due to the handling
>A lot of points in BP's vid allude to him hating Ghost as a dev
>Ghost invites BP to PR events for 2015
>Ghost puts BP's logo in 2015
>BP hypes the game to shit
>BP says the handling has improved
>BP says it's the best handling the series ever had
>2015 ends up being worse then Rivals
>BP continues to defend it with as much bs as possible
>Eventually admits the physics are "dodgy."
>Payback is revealed
>BP instantly hypes it drawing comparisons between it and MW2005
>Ghost invites BP to EA Play
>BP says the handling has improved
>BP then says this is the best handling the series ever had

How is it humanly possible for NFS fanboys/shills to be this fucking retarded?

If you're the type of normie that lets YouTube spergs influence whether or not you buy/enjoy a video game then yes, it is possible to be this fucking retarded.

Its like the fast and furious movies, they're all shit with the exception of the first 3, but fanboys still defend that shit.

it won't be any different from the rFactor days then ;^)

There is still a lot of good rfactor mods we never tried.

This
rFactor 1 is not dead

When enough money is given to them, they'll say anything EA wants them to say.

haha that's so FUNNY. Do you happen to like ziki sauce?

>ziki
>not ziti
youtube.com/watch?v=PsJrE85zv7E

>xd he's saying nice things so he is OBVIOUSLY paid

Developers/publishers never directly pay people to say nice things, but what they do do is bring them out to PR events, all things paid for, and start a "friendship" with them. There has never been and instance where someone from a publisher deliberately hands dollar bills to someone in exchange for good PR, it just doesn't work like that.

P.S. If you are going to argue with me that publishers DO fork over physical/digital cash to people directly, at least post some proof so you don't accidentally give me the upper hand.