Female Leaders for all Civs

Veeky Forums in view of Civ 6's impending release, I am making a mod for Civilization 2 that replaces all the leaders. Unlike later Civ games which have one or multiple leaders per civ, Civ 2 has one male or female option per Civ. Hence I need a woman option for each.

I am using pic related as a base. But given that the author is a filthy American and a progressive, its a little suspect for ideological bias. Hence, I will need recommendations for better choices based on following criteria:

1. Female rulers who were regnant or co-rulers in their own right (e.g. QE1, Catherine the Great, Isabella I etc.) or significant military or political leaders (e.g. Jeanne d'Arc, the Trung sisters etc.) Regents (e.g. Catherine d'Medici) or influential consorts (e.g. Gorgo or Theodora) are acceptable at a pinch. None of this moral and symbolic crap of putting famous artists/ecclesiastical or thought leaders.

2. They should have truly significant accomplishments or developments in their reign (even if they were mostly bad, incompetent or evil) and not just in because they are female.

3. Legendary or apocryphal female leaders like Dido, Jingu or Tomyris can be in if there are really no other options, but should not be a first pick.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=378346
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What countries do you need?

do himiko instead of suiko (literally who?)

Here is list of everyone relevant.

What the hell is that and why does it say nobleman instead of noblewoman?

> What the hell is that
Quick list of females, if you forget someone.
> why does it say nobleman
It was unisex, I just filtered females.

I still dont get what that list is about.

I have nothing against female leaders in Civilization, but unless they were actually Queen Regnant or occupied an important position in politics (prime minister, de facto leader of the country etc.) then fuck off.

Theodora the Whore shouldn't be in there, and neither should Ghandi for that matter. In fact, Theodora's inclusion in Civ V was the most insulting thing I could imagine. We have Justinian, a great Roman leader who was on the verge of reuniting the empire... and all credit goes to his whore wife. His LITERAL whore wife. The one who felt sad because God had "only" given her three holes.

Here are my own revisions so far to the son of a bitch journalist's list:

>American: Eleanor Roosevelt
I might go with Shillary Clinton in this case, as distasteful as the prospect is. It is likely she is going to beat Trump and become President. On that basis she is a better fit than First Ladies like Eleanor Roosevelt or Edith Wilson.

>Arabian:Sitt Al-Mulk
Probably keep. Civ 2 used Aisha which was not a bad choice. There are also no shortage of female generals from Muhammed's time

>Assyrian: Shammuramat
Keep

>Austrian: Maria Theresa
Keep

>Aztec: Isabel de Moctezuma
Stumped by this one. In Civ 2 they used a made up ruler (Nazca)

>Babylonian: Addagoppe
Also stumped by this one. Maybe Nitocris although she is probably made up?

>Brazilian: Anita Garibaldi.
Huehue, this was a singularly bad suggestion since Anita was rebelling against the BR state. I guess I'll go with Dilma Rouseff

>Byzantine: Theodora*
Either keep or replace with Irene, Sophia or Pulcheria

>Carthaginian: Dido
Guess I'll have to keep this one too for lack of a real historical alternative, despite how much people hated it in Civ 5

>Celtic: Boudicca.
Keep

>Chinese: Wu Zetian
Keep

>Danish: Margrethe I
Keep

>Dutch: Wilhelmina
Can't think of any female Stadtholders. Probably keep

>English: Elizabeth I
Keep

>Egyptian: Hatshepsut
Keep

>Ethiopian: Makeda
Probably keep

>French: Joan of Arc
Keep

>German: Louise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
Replace with Maria Theresa (Austrians and Germans are one Civ in 2)

>Greek: Aspasia
One of you classical autists can suggest a better alternative than I can probably

>Hunnic: Kreka.
Fuck the Huns

>Incan: Mama Ocllo
Probably keep

>Indian: Indira Gandhi
Replace with Lakshmibai, the Rani of Jhansi (I prefer historical to contemporary leaders unless there is no choice)

>Indonesian: Kartini.
Replace with Tribhuvana

>Japanese: Suiko
Replace with Jingu despite the ahistoricity, at least the latter did something

>There are also no shortage of female generals from Muhammed's time

Why do I doubt this.

forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=378346

Found this via google lmao

Might interest you OP

>Korean: Seondeok
Keep. This was an okay choice, better than I expected from the numale author

>Mayan: Wak Chanil Ajaw
Keep, same comments as above

>Moroccan: Sayyida al-Hurra.
Keep. Might actually be interesting

>Mongolian: Mandukhai Khatun
Keep. Good option. There were actually several notable Mongolian queens, dunno why they went with Bortei in Civ2.

>Ottoman: Roxelana.
I'd like to replace this one, maybe with Hafsa Sultan?

>Persian: Artemisia I.
FFS, who gave them this idea. She was Greek

>Polish: Jadwiga.
Keep

>Polynesian: Liliuokalani.
Keep. Thinking of Ranavalona if the Malagassy can be considered Polynesian

>Portuguese: Maria I
Keep

>Roman: Livia Drusilla
Looking for better suggestion or I will reuse one of Byzantine emperesses

>Russian: Catherine II
Keep

>Shoshone: Sacagawea
Civ2 used her too but for the Iroquois

>Siamese: Suriyothai.
Keep but there are probably better choices

>Songhai: Amina
Keep

>Spanish: Isabella I
Keep

>Swedish: Christina
Keep, but Swedes may feel differently given how fail her reign was

>Venetian: Felicia Cornaro.
No idea. Keep I suppose

>Zulu: Nandi
Probably keep

Justinian is also overrated desu. He wasted all of Anastasius' efforts and overextended the Empire. Imagine if he had invested all of the wealth generated by Anastasius to something more practical? But yeah, Theodora is really insulting. Especially when people like Irene of Athens existed, I.E women who actually controlled the Empire. And Irene wasn't some "ruled from the shadows lol", she blinded and deposed her own son and became the Empress.

Only England, France, Russia, Egypt, Austria, India and the Shosone are any good in that list. Maybe Poland and Sweden too.

Roxelana was just a favorite concubine, no way should she be kept.

>she blinded and deposed her own son
Why the fuck would you blind your own son?

For the Empire, I guess.

Someone who know how rule an empire?

Because the set precedent that maimed and crippled people couldn't rule the Empire. Almost all pretenders to the Empire were mutilated in some way when a new ruler came in power.

This is difficult, simply because many of the Civs here were such patriarchal cishet shitlords that they never had a significant female ruler (e.g. Ottomans, Romans, Greeks).

The exact same shitty arguments that put Theodora in instead of Justinian can be applied to Roxelana over Suleiman

What said plus one minor thing that also needs to be said:

She wanted to continue to rule by herself.

>Sacagawea
>good choice

>Josephine instead of Napoleon

True. But Theodora was only bad because she created religious friction in the Empire. Roxanne's influence made Suleiman kill his most prominent heir (by all accounst a prodigy) and partly start the Ottoman decline

Sura for Persia

Mayan's should be Pacal's mom, Sak K'uk'. She only ruled for three years but she held power during the early part of Pacal's reign and helped make Palenque into a major power.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

> The one who felt sad because God had "only" given her three holes.
Did she really say that?

>do himiko instead of suiko
This.

Fuck off if you use any Japanese female leader other than Himiko.

Zenobia