Cucked by /Jewbaru/

I bought a 2009 impreza with 180,000 miles from a dealership about 2 months ago and after putting

Other urls found in this thread:

rockauto.com/en/catalog/subaru,2009,impreza,2.5l h4,1443519,exhaust & emission,catalytic converter,5808
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Go to a junkyard and get new cats. Have an exhaust shop weld them in for you.

About how much would that cost?

This.

Also you're a dumbass for buying a warranty and living in an emissions state.

Also would new aftermarket cats be better? I don't need dirt cheap but under 800 is the goal

If you Could use kittens nstead of cats mine just had a few.

Didn't buy a warranty. My state has lemon laws that cover it

They'll work, theyll have to be welded in, so what ever parts is + labor

You could buy a whole exhaust system for less than 800 if you can do it yourself

>not fixing your cat
enjoy your decreased fuel efficiency

Its just bolts i think but it'd suck to do without being able to lift the car to head level wouldn't it?

Recommended brand and source?

I think he meant not buying a warranty.

Get cats off of rockauto or orielys or whatever and have an exhaust shop put em on

rockauto.com/en/catalog/subaru,2009,impreza,2.5l h4,1443519,exhaust & emission,catalytic converter,5808

the most expensive one is $372, x2 is $744, and an exhaust shop will charge less than $100 to put them in

Wow thanks. The front and rear are different shapes I think. Do I need 2 different types or will they just add pipe to adapt it?

Nvm those are direct fit so no welding required right?

>buying a Subaru
>from a stealership
>180k miles in 8 years / 22k miles a year

You've goofed on multiple levels, son

>from a stealership
And there is no doubt in my mind that they niggered it to keep the CEL off during the sale.

I thought emission control systems were covered for 10 years, regardless of warranty status?

>Falling for the high mileage used car because it's cheap meme
Stop listening to Veeky Forums

>Buying a car with 180k miles
>Not expecting issues
There's the problem

Either pony up the cash and get your cats replaced, or buy a $100 OBD2 code checker/clearer and learn how to fudge your way through an emissions test.

Or move to the countryside.

Or sell the car on craigslist.

There is just so much cancer in this post that I honestly don't even know where to start.

>180k miles on an 09
>high mileage meme boxer engine
>cats causing an engine code???? Wtf
>paying $1500 for CATS

>182,000 car develops a problem
>IT"S THE DEALERSHIPS FAULT

You're fucking retarded.
Cats do cause a CEL.
Cats do cost that much.
Boxer engines are very reliable.
You're fucking retarded.

are the cats clogged? just use fuel injection cleaner to help somewhat clean out the cats

Already been done before the light even came on. Im gonna try it on my next fillup but i don't think it'll work

DESU, probably not. If they did chances are it would have come on in your first week of ownership.
>t. bought a used subaru from a stealership with a niggered CEL

Op here just read some replies. It's at 120 not 180. Mistyped the original post

Sorry honey but you must drive a serious piece of shit if removing your catalytic converters gives you a check engine light.

look around online about honeycomb ceramic cats, clearing CEL 420 doesn't have to be an expensive experience. they still pass emissions and clear the code just the same but cost less and flow faster if that's your thing look it up