/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh (embed) (embed)

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (embed)

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur (embed)
>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-63-synthetic-and-biological-ascension.1002382/
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-60-psionics-and-the-shroud.998827/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=865040033
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do I beat an awakened fallen empire?

I was able to singlehandedly crush the unbidden but the awakened empire destroys me.

I can't outrange them because I went kinetic. They're using lances and strike craft. I have giga cannons, kinetic batteries and matter disintegrators and point defense.

So, what are you supposed to do with factions? Please them so you can have influence growth? Is it even possible to please more than 2? I can never get this one out of red

Also, that feel when.

With core systems instead of core planets, I wonder if the research penalty is still per planet or per system.

How do I get good at Rimworld?

A month ago:

Q:
>Martin Anward,
>All of the Ascension Paths in Utopia seem interesting, but the fact that the Psionic path was given its own dev diary while the other two were put together in one seemed to indicate to me at first that Psionics received more attention than Biologics or Synthetics. Or it could be just that the latter added onto existing game mechanics, while the Shroud is certainly a new feature.
>My question is whether or not you intend or would like to expand the Biologic and Synthetic ascension paths in future content or DLCs. For example, I can easily conceive of Biologics leading to the taming of spaceborne organisms, or even the crafting of bioships. Perhaps there could also be inspiration drawn from Eldar Maidenworlds to make entire planets 'alive' as a singular organism. On the Synthetic side, perhaps they could eventually turn all their worlds into planetary computers as they no longer have any use for ecology or even atmospheres. One frequent question that was asked of you before was how the Synthetic ascension path would interact with the Machine Uprising, and I'm interested to see what is planned for that in Utopia.
>In general I'd like to see more 'event flavor' for those two ascension paths on par with what we have been shown so far with the Psionic path. But if you intend to leave this to the modding community and focus on other mechanics of the game (warscore and diplomacy) I'd understand perfectly.

A:
>Psionics got more attention because it lacked an associated mechanic, while the other two built on existing mechanics. I'm not going to rule out building more on those paths in the future but there are no concrete plans for it right now.

Well, that's all folks.

Kek, what a shitty fucking spot for a dreadnought. At least you know nobody else is comin for you from that direction.

>colonizing more than one planet per system
waste, to be honest. unless it's a really good one, you're better off expanding borders

Orbital bombardment kind of kills ground combat too in its current state. I know in reality whoever controls space would likely dominate but it makes surface combat an afterthought.

If they were to go for that style of ground combat they'd need to overhaul the attachments system in a way that I really hope would include that.
Although we still don't have fleet templates so who knows

I'm a babby playing 1000 stars with the minimum amount of AI
also shitload of mods like Ringworld start and another one that for some reason inflates the economy like nothing else (see the 36 minerals star to the left

Is slavery worth it?

>1000 stars
>minimum amount of AI

How will you purge the xenos if there aren't even any for thousands of lightyears?

What were the mechanics the other two were built on? Being shit?

>is it worth it to have a cutie space waifu to molest when you feel like it
GEE I DUNNO

I just want comfy.

>tfw want to go egalitarian but love the new alien controls too much to give up
I just want to keep aliens confined on their own planets with high living conditions, is that too much to ask?

>1000 stars with the minimum amount of AI
That sounds really boring.

>thought this was something from some mod
>it's actually that fucking trap

I'm not falling for this again.

Yeah. I make all the gross aliens chattel or battle thralls, and all the cute ones domestic servants.

Who's that guy? He looks like a cuck.

In my defense, I put max fallen empires ( 8 ) and have a mod for multiple crisis

Also plan on going psionics

wat

Is there anywhere I can get a full description of the different ascendancies? The stellaris wiki doesn't appear to have been updated yet.

Also, how do I get the "Chosen One" trait for my ruler, I'm willing to add it through cheats for RP purposes.

That too, but Synths and biomodding already existed in the vanilla game in simple state. Paradox are lazy jews.

It's also retarded that you can't enslave aliens as Xenophobic Egalitarian. You can purge xenos any ways you want, even work them to death or eat them but no proper slavery.

I played commonwealth of man which is xenophobe, aliens were all "resident" instead of citizens and had welfare so they were happy, if restricted to their own planets.

Worked well but giving everyone welfare meant that the egalitarian faction grew in power and were unhappy that the xeno were residents and didn't have full rights.

I didn't say easy, just boring.

I lost the screen, but basically, once you put mining stations on that system, after a while some 2~3k strength mining drones/pirates/whatever pop up and destroy everything

Should I go with foxes, or the reptile ones with Fu-Manchu-like tendrils?

>mfw having shitton of excess food growth is actually nice
basically doubled my shit

yiff in a blackhole, space furfag

Guys plz help

Purifiers not getting any unity points from killing xenos still hasn't been fixed, has it? I wanted to play tall Purifier and use cleanse war demand to fuck anyone settling too near.

See

Repost cause I'm curious

So what happens if UNoE goes psyonic and CoM goes cyborg and they have a migration treaty?

Do cyborgs going into Earth unlock their minds? Do psykers going to Deneb have the potential to be modified for implants?

What are those planet modifiers?

>research synthetics
>instant slavery cause no materialism
>send them all to a newly colonized planet
>sell it to materialist empire

did patch 1.5.1 fix the broken horizon signal event chain?

>Still can't make Psychic Cyborg Gene-seed Super-Soldiers in the non-existent Army Designer.

How is genetic ascension ?

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-63-synthetic-and-biological-ascension.1002382/
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-60-psionics-and-the-shroud.998827/

Basically Synthetic and Biological net clear cut stat changes whereas Psionic unlocks more events and RNG based rewards.

Perhaps consider going up to the medium stockpile, can't hurt to have spare food.

>Federation member gets declared war on
>makes sensible and fair victory conditions for if we win
Neat.

It's from a mod

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=865040033
Makes most planets have at least one modifier.

Most of them are pretty balanced. Both positive and negative (although I always encouter a shitload of -5% or -10% habitality, or +% build cost/time). Some are pretty OP though (+50% minerals, +25% society research points)

OP from what I hear.

How so ? I dont get it, how can 2+3 points be worth that much ?

You get new traits and faster gene modding. If You are in to micromanaging, it can be OP

Guilli's Planet Modifiers.
Pretty cool since it also adds modifiers to planets, stars, and gas giants, sometimes just as flavor text to make them more unique from each other.

Looks helpful, thanks. Any idea where I can find something on the Chosen One trait?

Thanks, it looks interesting

Thanks m8

But they've been awaken for a while. I have the damage perk for dealing with them so I guess it's just gonna take some time and hit and run tactics

What settings should I choose for a communist China empire?

>trash
>ugly
>repugnant
>xenophonic
>retarded
>fleeing
There.

Fanatic materialist, pacifist, xenophobic.

I grabbed a ton of graphical mods (different flag backgrounds, colours, cities, portraits etc). What gameplay mods are worth looking at?

feels good to be a slaving empire, have enother 2 primitves for livestock production.

>China
>pacifist
user...

xenophobic
authoritarian
materialist

You want them to be xenophobic isolationist, just like half of the nations in asia.

US used the MOAB for the first time ever today.

>half
Well aren't you optimistic.

I think what they were going for is having factions shape your empire's policies. So you change things to please the faction you want to dominate your empire, and suppress the factions you don't want in your empire. But the thing is, suppression on its own has a negligible effect on getting rid of a faction, you need to stack governing ethics attraction to really see a difference. And even then, if that faction has more than 10 pops in it then it might never go away completely.

is there a stellaris mod that fixes "fleet power" and gives me some actually useful information instead?

Don't pick authoritarian. Authoritarian only works if you want a monarchy or a heavily stratified society. If you pick dictatorship as materialist, chances are you get totalitarian regime as description, which it fits. Add xenophobic and pacifist to the bill and you are done.

what's the best difficulty setting for stellaris?

much better

nice video game

I'm not sure I understand how pacifist fits at all. I guess it could be isolationist but it just feels off.

sandkipz arent human, im more annoyed at how that's money we're not spending on ourselves than any non-humans dying.

>build a ringworld
>build mining stations on the ringworld

Fanatic materialist and Xenophobe ethics
Democratic mandate
Police State and Shadow Council civics

Race should have Conformist, Rapid Breeders, and Wasteful.

man that is a badass symbol. next time i make nazbol-pagan space slavs i'll have to take that.

Pacific + Xenophobic = Xenophobic Isolationist AI. Bonus points if you pick Inward Perfection, Repugnant trait, and/or Sedentary trait

Not sure about ringworlds, but habitats at least describe their mining stations as collecting resources from the nearby asteroid fields.

Nice edge, kid. Been sharpening that all break?

what a bomb, sure it might be impractical but if it isn't neat

oh i get that archer joke now

Yes, but what if, TWO MOABs?

>m-muh edge
You've earned a gold star for this post.

Would China be Continental or Tropical?

One more step towards using nukes vs terrorist and rebels.

What do you mean?

I like how the Russian responded by creating The Father of All Bombs.

Russians are very sore losers.

The planet.

What the fuck do you think earth is?

Oh, a Stellaris thing. I'll see myself out.

> Try idyllic agrarian fast breeders for giggles
> Shitty starting sectors, ready to reroll
> Find titan burger world
> Open up McD's faster than fist of the northern food chain
> Year 15
> 8 unity points
> 27 pop
> +56 food
> Starving on everything else
It's a good thing I don't have any neighbors or I'd be fucked.

I mean the homeworld for Space Alien Chinese.

>stellaris project lead moving to another tasks

sign of better things to come?

Ringworlds use the same building as planets though.

What's this screenshot from?

Offworld Trading Company.
A game that caters to your capitalistic boner but becomes too easy the moment you get teleportation.

Does the game warn you that some idiotic Psionic Empire had the brilliant idea to chose End of Cycle?

Ahhh, thanks.
I knew what it was but I couldn't remember the name at all.

>gasbros have a communist uprising
>given option to help them crush the commies
Hooray!

there we go. still managed to fall for it

Can AIs even choose it? Because that would be fucking hilarious if so.

I have yet to see any AIs do any ascendance stuff. Or build mega structures.

BY THE WAY LADS:

What weapons do I get to fuck up the unbidden?

just get immigration treaties

your wombs will defeat them

Awww :3