convince me not to pull the trigger on one of this

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a29765/nb-mazda-miata-buyers-guide/
motormag.com.au/features/1604/mazda-mx-5-old-vs-new
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Will it be your only car?

unless you can afford a boxster spyder, do it, no better driver's car out there

buy 2 mazda speed miatas and pimp them both out instead

Well it's 30k and has 155 hp. I know a car is more than that but jesus. I'm just waiting until they get a little cheaper before I pick up a clean one owner

No. I also have a Buick Century and a TT Quattro roadster.

can't

ND Miatas are faster than S2000s around some tracks despite being down almost 100bhp

Yup the wide powerband and short gearing contribute to that. The transmission doesn't even have an overdrive

the brake lights look like dog dicks

Shut up, you'll get mrcummy hard

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a29765/nb-mazda-miata-buyers-guide/

>convince me
cool, another limp dick thread about justifying op's shitty decision

those are good cars but you'll have to accept you'll start looking like a remorseful middle-aged dad with a dressed shirt tucked into your jeans for dat casual business look

>overdrive
why would anyone buy an automatic MX-5 anyway?

You will forever be laughed at for buying a car slower than an FR-Slow.

>155 hp

hahahahahhahaha

>being this retarded

I don't really think the Miata is great. The USED Miata is great because it's the cheapest sports car you can get that still has a ton of positives. I'd consider finding a really high quality NA. If you have the money for an ND you can afford an immaculate NA and still save $20,000

Less power than a fifteen year old Honda Civic Si.

For many times the cost.

Are angry headlights and not having 'Miata' written on the car really that valuable?

motormag.com.au/features/1604/mazda-mx-5-old-vs-new

There is more to it than that dude

It's slow

>ND Miatas are faster than S2000s around some tracks
kek the Miata faggot who thinks his ND is faster than an S2000 is back!

why do you want a miata if you have the TT roadster?

They serve the exact same purpose, and theTT is just a little faster and more fun because awd

A FWD with a Haldex is more fun than a miata?

Sure?

it can split power 50/50

not everything is about skids, especially with the powerless miata.

Sure, but 99% of the time it drives FWD with all the implications.

So?

the TT is still a better car on paper. And because its vag there's a million tunes out there to make it into a monster

And you can flash the haldex controller to deliver more power to the rear..

Also don't forget that OP already owns one, why spend money on an inferior car?

This is how it's obvious you have very little driving experience.
RWD preference isn't only about power oversteer, it's also about power delivery, throttle and corner dynamics, and a less understeery limit under acceleration.
I honestly believe that FWD is extremely dangerous on the road. Normies don't even know what understeer is, and to correct it you have to do everything you wouldn't naturally do.

>understeer
>let go of accelerator

wow that was so hard and unnatural

shut the fuck up brosifine, you know awd is better than rwd for having fun on the twisties. and also more controllable.

Don't get me wrong, the TT stock is faster than the miata stock on most tracks, offers more comfort, is better in snow, better for long trips and Audi is a more valuable brand.

But I would never chose a FWD for fun drive and for sure not a haldex AWD. pic related

>to correct it you have to do everything you wouldn't naturally do.
uh what?

You've lost the plot here friend. FWD is safer for skillless normies because understeer is corrected by letting off, shifting weight forward and regaining traction. I don't trust normies with countersteering.

If anything lift off oversteer is a bigger FWD car problem than understeer because they're all nose-heavy as fuck. Understeer is less disorienting and provokes an instinctual reaction which usually corrects it; let off.

>Implying the majority of understeer happens in high traction conditions on public roads around the world.

>buy a whole new car that is inferior/ the same except for the 1 very unlikely condition.

sounds to me like a retarded buy, and that no matter what kind of sense we try to talk into you you wont take it

buy whatever the fuck you want, i give up

might aswell buy an M3 because its RWD and costs the same if not less compared that new miata.

some user here went from a 987 boxster S to a ND RF. to me it seems like a step backwards but what do i know

That's not even getting into the chassis differences.

i have a 986 S and i wouldnt get a miata, fuck that shit

i'd lose my mid engine handling, my 2 trunks and 100hp

It's not that much faster than an ND once you factor in the weight difference but a boxster does seem like a more grown up car. would consider replacing my miata with one

>awd

quattro means it's fwd 95% of the time and awd only 5% of the time.
Rear tires will never get over 50% of the power and the car will always understeer like a motherfucker.

Even new RS3 cant fucking compete.

Like every Audi it's just a badgeracer for occasional autobahn showoff

i never felt that way with my S4 atleast.
and that was also 50/50 max, WITH a v8 at the front.

i don't think you've ever driven an audi, you little benchracer.

It is. It's a lot more comfortable and luxurious. The miata is more raw and "basic" in terms of comfort gimmicks.

>i never felt that way with my S4 atleast.

well if you dont push your car to that point no problems then.

>i don't think you've ever driven an audi, you little benchracer.

I even owned one, years ago.
But that had old quattro with permanent four-wheel drive

Former NA owner here with a few hours in a 2016 S-line TT coupe.
They are extremely different cars, so I can't see why everybody is all over OPs ass for having both?
The road in your picture will be most fun in the miata when going down, but the uphill would easily belong to the audi because it has more than 2 torque.

I'd go for the miata if I had to choose from the 2 even though I like the TT more, just because of some german lemons in my past.. FUCK YOU W203, and FUCK YOU A2 (hey it was a daily, don't hate)

>understeer
>let go of accelerator
Assuming we are actually going fast: Welcome snap oversteer.

My sarcasm detector went off, but still - The US Cuck-S50 M3 with stick is still great value for money. Running costs? Insurance? Lets not.

The new ones actually feel quite neutral compared to the "real" quattros with engines hanging out over the front axle.
Haldex is inferior though, goddamn production costs and needs to lower friction for emissions is ruining the fun.

pretty sure the S4s come with torsion AWD which is rwd-biased instead of fwd-biased

still known to under steer due to high front weight and AWD

That implies that all those stats are equal in importance though.
An extra 400+ pounds is more than a little bit if you're using the car for sporting reasons.

mazda BTFO

Cause it's a damn moneypit. Mine's not stock so it's way faster than an ND but it just keeps falling apart because VW. I only kept it because my ex loved it but we broke up 2 months ago so now I want something else.

OP here. I understand that many of you think I should just keep my TT, but there's more to it. The car is in horrible shape. It was used and abused by some previous owners and never given proper maintenance. I carried the burden of dealing with the always-on CEL and all its other problems because me and my ex were really attached to that car. She made me promise I would never get rid of it. I've put a lot of work and money into it but I would still need to spend way more than what it's worth to bring it back to it's former glory. The turbo and transmission are showing signs that they're about to hit the crapper too. I want a fresh start with a car that has zero issues rather than a broken machine that symbolizes a broken relationship.

>implying a understeer on a rain-slicked road doesn't have the EXACT same solution as understeer on a grippy prepped surface
You don't make sense retard

Nobody who actually has driven a miata will tell you you keep the TT. Enjoy the Musta. You could also get the Fiata for sick engine mawdz.

Do it. Get the 2.0 Miata. You won't regret it.

nobody will respect you

Pretty sure the S4 will vary between 25 and 75% RWD

Make sure you bring enough lube

You can't convince a woman to do anything