EVE Online General /eog/

Pay2Die Edition

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes, Eve is F2P with some restrictions and you can earn enough money ingame to get a subscription.

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using any referral link (chaining them with friends works best)
If you have no friends create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway.
Or use this link:
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=4eca5d19-7c52-44fd-9de6-ff7b1398159c&action=buddy

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

>>>>>>
Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9
>>>>>>

Now:
>Nothing

Future: (updates.eveonline.com/)
>New Suns
>PLEX and AUR change:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-changes-on-the-way/
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-rework-follow-up/
>Missile changes:
forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6894505
>Upwell Refineries:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/introducing-upwell-refineries
>T3C Rebalance (Ex. CPU and PG subs merged, among others) ships will have 4 subs with 3 options each
>Vexor, Caldari Medium Industrials and Rupture remodel
>New Blood Raider caps and PvE Event
>CONCORD Ships:
forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=515826
>New Project Discovery
>Outposts become Citadels

Past:
>March 14: "improved" Probe/Dscan, Fighter, HIC and Rorq changes
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, cargo notifications
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes, nobody likes Reyni (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Previous Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3bZ_3oobRC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

downvoted

Is horde shit nowadays?

cute, but that's not a valid argument user-kun

Reply to this post with your favourite EVE memes

bomb orca

Implying horde wasnt shit.

heard it was better before

It was better but it was never even ok-tier.

What's a good corp for someone looking to pvp and make lots of nullsec/wh isk?

>tfw too autistic for small gangs and just stick with large blobs

I wouldnt recommend wh or null for it. I enjoyed my shor life in TEST during WWB, but comparing it to lowsec its like wastelands. Ive never been in wh so dunno about this one. I would recommend Factional Warfare for nice ISK and cheap pvp. But if you want to be in blob I can't really point you in any direction.

I think I'll go live in low and finance it with incursions, so I don't have to encounter blobs so much

Post your favorite looking ship

TEST, karmafleet, Horde, Brave. They're basically interchangeable for the line member.

kek

looks like a dog dick

>looks like a dog dick
>eog

but it's nothing like a dog dick
have you even seen a dog dick before retard i bet you havent

Im pretty sure he has no contact with his father so no.

well i've seen several and i can tell you unless your dog has severe autism thats not how its dick should look

New space ship leaks

looks like fresh dog poo not a dog penis

>All these dog dick experts on eog

Sorry this answer is so late. I use dual monitors and I use virtual desktops and hotkeys to switch between them. I manually control everything and don't use any sort of external programs to modify window size or layout or anything.

incursions are shit in low and few people actually do them

>as usuap, CCP doesn't understand the reason rapid lights are so good and thinks changing the reload will consitute a good "nerf"
Sasuga

I don't know why they're so against the idea of deleting them

they're nerfing the range as well.

the reload speed isn't really what they're looking for.

First they're going to neuter every missile ship so theres no more range bonuses to light missiles. This will stop them from being 60km rape machines and reduce them to their max skilled 35km. Second the HML buff isn't that much at all and its gonna be a big woopty do. Either way RLML's won't be an automatic "I win" anymore purely because the range is so heavily reduced

because they've never outright deleted ANYTHING

this is one of those times when they should. there is no way for a cruiser weapon with frigate application to be balanced. same for rapid heavies

Theres nothing wrong with rapid heavies because heavies on their own apply like ass to cruisers anyway

no. battleship should have battleship application, it doesn't matter whether you think heavies are fine or not

if a ship the same size as yours has zero hope ever of mitigating your damage, shit is broken

>battleship should have battleship application
and no one uses torps because they apply like absolute ass to literally everything thats not a battleship.

>it doesn't matter if you think heavies are fine or not
it doesn't matter if you think battleships should have battleship application or not.

>you can't mitigate Heavy Missile dps

dude a slowboating omen mitigates some 50% of heavy missile damage.

he said ships the same size as yours have zero hope of mitigating, Omen is not a battleship

>let's kill battleships even more

Heavy missiles on a caracal will lose 50% of their damage to a slowboating omen.

Battleships almost never square off 1v1 where one guy is using rapid heavies. Torpedo launchers at that level will do way more damage than rapid heavies in every case.

>and no one uses torps because they apply like absolute ass to literally everything thats not a battleship

actually it's because they're impossible to fit and have less range than battleship blasters

>it doesn't matter if you think battleships should have battleship application or not.

ok, let's just forget about damage application and mitigation, fuck those game mechanics right, they're too complicated and result in too much fun and mixed fleet comps

>dude a slowboating omen mitigates some 50% of heavy missile damage.

I don't care about how balanced heavy missiles are, it can never be a justification for a battleship having cruise application

Industry teams.

>actually it's because they're impossible to fit
No its also because they apply like ass

Enjoy trying to get torpedos to work on anything thats not a battleship or bigger they apply like ass and apply way worse than cruise missiles. Torps only apply great when you use them with stealth bombers because stealth bombers get 50% to explosion radius.

>ok, let's just forget about damage application and mitigation, fuck those game mechanics right, they're too complicated and result in too much fun and mixed fleet comps
I like it how when you came up with "it doesn't matter what you think" and I counter with "it doesn't matter what you think too" you default to this estranged reply about complexity.

>I don't care how bad heavies are, it can never justify a battleship having them
yea it does. They apply like shit, they do barely half their paper dps, hell many cruisers can outright speed tank them purely because they apply like such shit. Rapid heavies work fine for battleships because their application isn't oppressive to cruisers like RLML's are to frigates

>they apply like ass

they're impossible to fit. try it, you can't. you take your rapid heavy meme fit you got off reddit, and try to fit torps. you'll be like 50% over on powergrid and cpu
but also because rapid heavies make them pointless because they have like +1000% application and break the game

>Enjoy trying to get torpedos to work

I've used them successfully in solo and small gang. they aren't very good. you'd have to be a huge retard to think that this has any bearing on rapid lights/heavies not being broken though, I'll be the first to tell you torps need changes

>you default to this estranged reply

because it's going to be hard to explain this to you if you don't see any point in not having all ships applying full dps to everything, it's like you don't even play the game or are a retarded blobfag

>yea it does

hml isn't rhml. I don't care if you think your caracal should do more dps to an omen, it's a separate discussion, a raven is not a caracal

>but also because rapid heavies make them pointless because they have like +1000% application and break the game
>+1000%
you just pull numbers out your ass?

You can fit torps ez, they are just shit.

I did guess yes. you can look the numbers up and tell me how wrong I am if you like

it's both, and as I've said many times now that doesn't make cruiser application on a battleship ok

>because it's going to be hard to explain this to you
lol nigga what the fuck is there to explain? you think RHML's are as oppressive to cruisers when cruisers can flat out negate 50% the damage by just SLOWBOATING. Try slowboating in a frig and see how much damage you negate from RLML's

RHML's are shit, they apply like ass, they do ass damage because of it.

>RHML isn't HML
yea they are, heavies from a RHML will still lose some 50% the dps regardless. The launcher doesn't magically make the missile apply perfectly to a cruiser like a light missile does to a frig

>I did guess yes. you can look the numbers up and tell me how wrong I am if you like

A RHML raven gets 330dps with caldari navy scourge

against an omen with an afterburner they do a mere 98.3 dps

but tell me how the RHML menace is overpowered

Hahaha what the fuck thats 71% damage lost

>yea they are

no, they aren't. a battleship should be doing less % of its dps to a cruiser than a cruiser should. a cruiser should have more damage mitigation opportunities vs a battleship than another cruiser. when you just have shit with retardedly powerful application for no good reason, it just plebs up the game and removes skill and playstyles, fags the game up with muh ehp n+1 garbage

you're stupid as fuck see
71% damage mitigated with an afterburner you stupid fuck

>when you just have shit with retardedly powerful application for no good reason
>RHML
you can't be serious, you can't be this retarded. This has to be bait.

>a cruiser should have more damage mitigation opportunities
fit an afterburner.

>but tell me how the RHML menace is overpowered

because a torp's stats are 106.5m/s exp velocity, 337.5m explosion radius, and 5 drf. a heavy missile's stats are 121.5m/s explosion velocity, 105m explosion radius and 3.2 drf. one of these is appropriate for a battleship, while the other isn't

honestly just kill yourselves. how many different ways can I phrase the same thing? a battleship should have less damage application than a cruiser. if you have a bonused battleship weapon with cruiser application, then the game is broken

you can reply again telling me that heavy missiles are shit or torps are shit, I never said they aren't, it's not relevant. kys

>ways can I phrase the same thing?
You can just admit you're wrong

theres nothing wrong with RHML's especially when you think they have "retardedly powerful application"

>waste half of magazine to kill a cruiser
>omg so broken

actually at that damage you'd have to waste like 2.5 magazines to kill an AB cruiser

Well you should be fitting some tackle if you want into battleship pvp.

>a battleship should have less damage application than a cruiser.
No one cares what you think

to steelman his argument, to get similar anti-frigate application with non-missiles, you'd need to fit small weapons on your cruiser

why don't you like me user?

a tackle-less battleship shouldn't even necessarily be able to kill a cruiser retard. this is the rapid cancer playstyle - "how many kills am I entitled to before I reload and die?". delete that shit and learn what a web is, or perhaps ezmode grapplers, you don't even need to try with these

I'm correct though

kill yourself

>how many kills am I entitled to before I reload and die
You are fucking retarded. You HAVE to use rapid heavies because torps only work on the typhoon and cruises are a joke. Tackle or not.

>I'm correct though
you're not correct in any way just kys you autistic fuck

you're fucking retarded if you think I've not said multiple times that torps are bad

and cruises are fine, kill yourself

your autistic and retarded, stop killing the game by defending rapid memes

>and cruises are fine
lol

kill yourself or explain the issues you're having with cruises

Post your lossmail of this oppressive cruiser genocider battleship you seem to be bullshitting about

post your lossmail of you getting brain damage aspie

oneiros

too slow, ugly hull, forced into 2L2M reps to be useful, making it 2/3 of a guardian with less tank.

>They're basically interchangeable for the line member.

>BRAVE
>get farmed by everyone, 5000 players living in a pipe system

>TEST
>get farmed by Goons, 3 kinds of Russians, PL, NC, WHfags

>Horde
>don't get farmed because PL has your back

>Karmafleet
>farm Co2 and TEST, corp AND alliance SRP, sometimes gets farmed by PL but it's rare compared to TEST, part of the richest and best organized alliance in EVE

>>Horde
>>don't get farmed because PL has your back
Hahaha no.
Have you seen their ratting system?

PL is like a an uncle that shows you love by fisting ur butthole

>Goons

kek

t. horde member

From the PoV of someone that kills all 4 regularly.
I would say TEST and Horde are the best all around for fun.
TEST actually creates content and forms fleets, but they get poked by everyone all the time.
Horde gets farmed but reacts to farms with violent autistic spasms of fleets and get kills their attackers often, and they have PL to kill anyone that drops big ships on them or on their structures but these never happen.

Brave is absolute shit tier now, everyone kills them, they don't kill shit outside of a small inner circle.

Karma will open your gates to *better* corps and make you tons of money but they are shit at content, they are used as a human shield and they don't really create content worth mentioning.

Keep in mind that the way this corps and EVE function, if you are a silent no mic lone wolf faggot you are doomed to a life of being a literally who without friends, forever poor and without content.
So fixing that is 10 times more important than choosing a good corp.

test doesnt get farmed much, esoteria is too out of the way

>new applicant
>check employment history
>karmafleet
>mfw

>Karma will open your gates to *better* corps and make you tons of money but they are shit at content
I agree with this.

>test doesnt get farmed much, esoteria is too out of the way

>last thread: cloaky camping
>this thread: RHML and Karmafleet shilling

Fucking business as usual I guess. Why have we been invaded by shitters over the last year?

>Horde kills their attackers often

Uh, the cap fleet says otherwise.

>Brave is shit

Just started flying with them desu, the WH corp id good at least. Can't say for the rest, but I guess the friendly attitude brings a different crowd to the aggressive autism of Horde and Karmafleet

>Karmafleet opens gates to better

Literally what? Every Goon I talk to hates Karmafleet more than anyone else because they are shit, and everyone else hates Karmafleet because they are Goons.

The best newbie corp is whatever works for you, there is no measure that is not subjective. I enjoyed Horde, but some Brave pilots fucking hate them with a passion because the trolling made them mad.

I know you haven't
90% of every fleet that comes here gets blobbed to death
>inb4 posting an exception and trying to pass it off as rule

BRAVE's main problem is that their space is shit. If they had a nice pocket somewhere they would still get farmed but at least their members could make Isk. Are they even allowed to do exploration outside their space?

If you think you can live in any null corp and do PVE and do not get farmed then you're a lying fuck.

>live in null
>never lost a ratting ship

>live in null
>never lost a ratting ship because I run incursions in high sec on an alt

youtube.com/watch?v=3bZ_3oobRC4

>We are just throwing stones into a pond and seeing what happens with the ripples

What did he mean by this?