/edg/scg/ Elite Star:Dangerous Citizen general #152

Commander creator/pet autism edition

Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/AEU0TuVt
Be aware, Thargroids are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace with unknown intentions. it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible.
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 Schedule Friday, desire to know intensifies.

>FAQ (updated)
pastebin.com/nKiNTgsY
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Previous dad:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hHOrpFeXUao
chproducts.com/Throttle-Quadrant-v13-d-718.html
amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Flight-Rudder-Pedals-Playstation/dp/B015PII6YI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=hHOrpFeXUao

first for deep purple

First for requesting when the space legs will arrive

nth for new money exploit when?

Frontier always fucks up and spills credits into our pockets as if to compensate for their nerfs.

What is the longest a schedule has taken before? Aren't they around a month in length usually?

Your character model disappears when you enter hypercruise. The moment the countdown stops and you enter witchspace, your chair is empty. The moment your ship arrives in your target system, your model plops into existence again.

Kinda surprising to see that they modelled the seat under your ass/legs. Makes me optimistic regarding space legs.

In the way you're hoping for?

Never

never again

your credit train is over

welcome to the dark age

I want to park my ship near a ring while I walk around the cockpit and observation deck staring at the void while getting obscenely smashed.

I want to enter a planet's gravity well, turn off my engines and stare out the window as my ship plummets towards the surface.

The first part should be doable, but I have my doubts about space legs in moving ships. If I got the first part I would autustically travel as far away from the galaxy as possible, just so I could turn around and stare at the Milky Way from my observation deck.

Impossible. Fdev can not accomplish such a feat.

>I want to enter a planet's gravity well, turn off my engines and stare out the window as my ship plummets towards the surface.
in vr

>the game potatofies your mic on purpose for the ingame voice comms

Anyone doing bounty hunting with open seats?

Elite has no artificial gravity or inertial compensation. Moving around while in motion is not a problem for the engine, but you'll probably get thrown around if there's acceleration and you aren't attached to something.

>something interesting at 15 FPS
>something boring at 120 FPS
jesus christ what went wrong in the space game industry

sure in my cobra mk3 with no turrets

Suggestions for ship names?

And what does a custom ship ID do, anyway? Does the station operator call it out instead of the previous code based on your CMDR name?

wait, my mining lasers are on turrets

which is pointless because they dont fire for me while mining, dunno

You can get decals and a numberplate on your ship if you spend your neetbux on them and maybe the station operator will call it, idk.

they do not

Wife's Son
Daditude
Gone Dadding
Daddy-o
Cucktastrophe
Cuck Life
Kill Me
SWMisoBBC4MWF

sooooo.... it's basically to satisfy dad-related autism?

Look at his empty eyes. He's autist. Autism levels are over 100% in this photo.

effed in the ayy

VISION

they sent it as an attachment in hotmail and the spam filter got it.

You didn't know about Chris' painkiller addiction? This is the real ENGINE behind his false promises only to get money so he can get high off oxy and shit like that. Real driving force behind Star Citizen is a deadly addiction.

What's the bind for this fucking third person camera mode they talk about when you enter the turret role in multicrew?

>only to get money

He already had money. A lot of money.

You need to bind all the new camera stuff manually. That's fucking great because it will mess up your existing binds.

Which submenu is it in and what is it called?

Now he spends the money on heavy painkillers. Can you count 1 plus 1? Or did you just waste your time typing that post.

I got pic related new for $95 on Amazon. Did I did gud?

I don't remember, I launched ED today and it's in the controls when you scroll down. There's a section for the new camera stuff. Then I closed the game and haven't touched it after I landed on a planet and it took 20 minutes to get to the fucking station and just watch the reticule in center of my screen. Immersive...

To clarify, I can't find any bind to get into the mode that actually lets me aim or shoot the turret after taking gunner role. I've reset my binds to the X52 defaults already.

>That's fucking great because it will mess up your existing binds.

Didn't happen for me. Were you doing something wrong? I literally just bound all the controls and went on my way. Didn't affect anything else. Odd.

ATV "still a couple of hours away"

Unless it comes with the 3.0 schedule, I struggle to care

Why did FDev make pirating so pointless?

>needlessly wonky limpet controllers
>have to buy limpets
>limpets take up cargo space
>cargo scanner
>interdicting with p2p
>terrible payouts
>poorly designed piracy missions
>poorly implemented factions

The list goes on and on.

>buy ED in the sale
>try to start the game
>"name your commander"
>literally every single fucking name in the universe is already taken
I fucking hate this. Every single fucking time with any online game.

Looks like it'll be Commander ((diahu88&0T, after all.

All this would be forgiven if npcs actually carried lots of expensive goods on them.

CH gear is boss.

True. I cam across one last night that had 6 Progenitor Cells and 56 BioWastes. I just killed him. Wasted all that time interdicting him and that's my reward?

It'd be nice if you could pull the same "Drop X amount of your cargo or die" bullshit with NPCs.

>doesn't know about pirating ice

I'm thinking about getting pedals too and maybe a yoke for big ship funz.

That's authentic flight sim shit. They make a throttle quadrant that could probably be put to use also, if you wanted something unique.

chproducts.com/Throttle-Quadrant-v13-d-718.html

I don't know who gets more fucked, the PvPers or the pirates:

>CQC ends up stillborn
>moneymaking nerfs mean fewer people experimenting with weapons due to rebuys
>no ingame weapons testing range or in-universe VR (like Arena Commander) to avoid this
>Engineers showed that FD wants money and doesn't give a shit about balance
>specific weapon/ship stats are shown but real interactions involving them are a fucking mystery that some NEET on Reddit solves 8 months later with his PhD in pure math and lack of day job
>bland flight model (?) causes fights to be won or lost in the outfitting screen rather than in space
>no ingame incentive to PvP after dealing with all that shit

Who's ready for Ship Pipeline Pt.3?

I have a X55 Rhino setup but the joystick is shit, So im replacing it with the CH, the throttle is serviceable though. Still havent decided how to deal with the loss of an axis tho, I never did like twist sticks, but the x55 throttle doesnt have a rudder rocker like my x45(rip in old age peace) did.

Why did they hire this incompetent fuck again? And why does he still have his job?

Pedals are nice, especially since they can double as gas and brakes in the SRV.

just keep throwing money at it. that usually works with hobbies.

amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Flight-Rudder-Pedals-Playstation/dp/B015PII6YI

>Elite Dangerous.

The vibe I get is that if you're gonna spend money just CH stuff. Thrustmaster is shinier "cooler" but every thing Ive ever read about CH saying their build quality is top of the pile, because they're an industrial manufacturer making game controllers, not a game controller company.

>Just keep throwing money at it.
Instructions unclear game stuck in pre-alpha.

I honestly don't, is that a new PAINITE meme or an actual opportunity?

>painite
>meme

It's gone on for so long because we've kept a lid on it, unlike 17D and Quince.

>The vibe I get is that if you're gonna spend money just CH stuff.

They're durable but not the most accurate.

Some of the reason I play with a HOTAS is for the feeling of actually using a stick, which CH fails at because it feels like a toy, too.

I have over 2 billion and all the biggest ships. I'm not pimping out them though. I'll blow my cash on ships that will unlock with King/Admiral rank(in 2020)

yuo r littol baby

>still no ATV

how i credits

They have more important things to care about, like upholding their professional image in spectrum.

But do you have King and Admiral rank and triple elite?
Who's baby now? You can't win this autism battle.

atm I'm upgrading all engineers to lvl 5, 17 down.

>muh professionalism

wrong pic

yes i have either naval rank completed in full

>Those CQC ranks

It must trigger autists knowing they'll NEVER be able to grind those up

Son of a..
CQC fucking blows. Maybe in the future when ED adds space legs and multi crew CQC is a thing.

>tfw only 7.5 billion in assets
Does anyone know if Robigo slave grinding still works?
I need to make sure I'm prepared for the day of the VISION

Why the fuck would either of those things improve CQC?

But no, I don't think anything could save it

The ice in question is not made of water. Only hint I'll post here.

I don't know about save but at least multi crew tdm sounds fun. I'd play it. But again, there needs to be space legs and some kind of boarding mechanic with fps elements

>The ice in question is not made of water

then it isn't ice

literally never happening

Rep loss now outpaces gain.

But have you learnt to park your Cutter yet?

OH YOU MEAN LOW TEMPERATURE DIAMONDS NPCS MINE IN THE ICE RINGS

So, gimballed or fixed cmdrs?

So some tough guy in previous thread was saying that anime is shit and waifus are cancer.
I'll have you know we, in coalition, with Her Majesty Aisling Duval going to conquer the galaxy and make anime real. All unworthy subhumans like yourself can perish.

>what is a colloquialism

Depends on the ship and how you want to fly it

Depends on the ship and position of your hard points, but generally speaking fixed is better if you can fly/aim.

An excuse for saying stupid shit

>anime is shit
It is.
>waifus are cancer
They are.
>unworthy subhumans
You've got that backwards.

Flying a Conda atm, was planing in going back to the bubble and participate in the CG's if there's any that involves killing that is.

Five Guys is shit. The only reason to go is they give you unlimited fries when you dine in. So not only is he a fatass with shit taste, he's a cheap fatass with shit taste.

>tfw want a flight stick for this and AC7
>flight sticks for both PC and PS4 suck ass apparently

Guess I'll just wait.

Say that again to my face

Flight sticks have always sucked with Ace Combat games, PC has plenty of options.

>Flight stick
>For Ace Combat

Any good cheap ones?

yes

Nice try

I just realised what a disappointment 3.0 will be.

Thanks Agent!

Really? I've only heard bad things about most of them.

that's only some of them. you have to know what to look for.

How busted is turret multicrew right now? Just hopped in a ship with multicannons and there's no leading indicator when you target a ship.