Why don't you own a minivan, Veeky Forums?

Why don't you own a minivan, Veeky Forums?

>tons of space
>very versatile
>not a mommymobile SUV
>not an autism wagon
>nor does it have the stereotypes associated with cargo vans
>normies don't want them so they're super cheap

What's not to like?

>slow as fuck
>tons of useless space
>to big for the city

>>slow as fuck
irrelevant unless your a benchracing gaylord

>>tons of useless space
not my fault you have no imagination

>>to big for the city
you're kidding, right? where do you live, boston?

I used to have a Estima I got for 100 USD (not a typo). Nothing wrong with it at all either.
There was an old 80's mix CD in the disc changer in the back that I still have today.
Ultimate fucking comfy.
>pic related
The tracklist.

Barcelona. I kid you not that I have tons of problems parking my Ford Focus sedan in the underground park at work. Turns are too narrow, spaces are narrow, everything is tiny.

I do kind of want an aerostar.
I think the shitbox Holocaust took them all though.

Or you could just not give a fuck about what strangers on the internet think and buy a contractor van for the same fucking price.

never mind the rapist stigma, why would you want outdated 60s tech without even the cool vintage look? at least buy a conversion van so mothers don't hide their children behind their dress as you drive by

>Not an autism wagon
Found the problem

the forester is technically a crossover

Call it whatever the fuck you want, that gen and the previous one are super low. They just have jacked up struts. Put them on WRX/equivalent suspension and they're a boxier Outback.

>big and heavy
nah

I rented a Sienna when my WRX was in the shop and it was comfortable and I wanted to claw out of it every second because I didn't care when I was taking up three lanes of traffic

Between a 4000 lbs cuckover with 180 hp or a a minivan with 300 hp the choice is easy.

>not a mommymobile SUV
The sad thing is, you are absolutely correct about this fact. I don't understand why this "I NEED A BIG TRUCK/SUV" is a trend for women now who don't actually need one.

Women have little confidence in their driving ability and feel the need to compensate by being in a towering, mobile fortress.

>wagon
>autism
The only autism here is American for associating every single bodystyle with a stigma.

well, things here are a little more interesting than europe where everyone either drives a hatchback or an ugly boxy van that looks like a dishwasher

the only autism is you for caring

>not a mommymobile SUV

you're right, it's even worse you tasteless faggot

>not driving a certain bodystyle because you're afraid of what people think of you
>somehow less autismal than complaining about it

>accuses others of autism
>posts anime reaction image

Can't fit shit in a sedan or crossover with ridiculous strut towers and rear panel contours for muh styling. Wagons, pickups, minivans, liftbacks, and hatches a best.

>well, things here are a little more interesting
Read: Everyone drives a fucking SAYDAHHHN until they realize they can't haul SHIT in it and buy a an oversized pickup truck.

>t. lives in a country where an "EXECUTIVE SUH-LEWN" with beige cloth seats instead of gray vinyl is considered aspirational

How about just not shitposting?

>Not a mommymobile
A few years ago I would have called you an idiot, but it's so true now. I only ever see those sticker families and hs/uni stickers on new grand cherokees and merc SUVs.

What the hell happened to the soccer-mom minivan meme?

and they're completely oblivious to the danger they're posing to everyone else on the road. Still won't stop any of them from paying attention "more important" things like the text they absolutely need to answer right now.

>What the hell happened to the soccer-mom minivan meme?
they sold them to mexicans or traded them in for cuckovers

I dunno, but my mom is completely obsessed with buying a jeep grand cherokee with AWD "to tow with". No salt in my wounds though, I get the minivan for cheap meaning I can make a two seater my daily since Ill have a dedicated hauler/roadtrip mobile.

These also tend to have stronger transmissions and more resilient truck motors. This is often a weakness in minivans if you plan to lug any real weight. I want one so bad.

I value handling and ease of parking. Manufacturers of those do not.

they're a bitch to work on

Why don't you own a pickup truck, Veeky Forums?

>tons of space
>very versatile
>not a mommymobile SUV
>not an autism wagon
>nor does it have the stereotypes associated with cargo vans
>they're super cheap

What's not to like?

Uncle had one of these 10 years ago. I remember when it got stuck in the mall parking lot lel

>slow as fuck

Still faster than a GT86.

>they're super cheap

You and I both know that for 4wd trucks that's not true.

That's a crock a' shit

Not him but my only truck was a 1988 k1500 Silverado with 4x4 that was about to shit the bed because of the transfer case but it never broke on me and was a $1000 shitbox.

another catalonia fag here, i have a saab 9-3SS i dont even dare enter barcelona, car too big to fit even enter some parkings

Because my weebwagon handles and looks 900,000 times better, weighs less, gets better fuel economy, and is still just about as useful. I don't ever carry more than 3 people besides myself, so the capacity to seat 7+ is unnecessary.

>not buying a classy station wagon

Why? Spark plugs on the rear bank?

Base of the windshield is usually over the engine, and transverse v6s are almost always crammed in so tight that even simple jobs turn into a bitch

I don't need the space, and if I did, I'd buy a Suburban because it's heavier and therefore safer.

I'm jealous of that find

>I'd buy a Suburban because it's heavier and therefore safer
nice soccer mom logic

It's actually basic physics, but keep shitposting. Anti-rollover tech since around 2009 paired with weight has made Large SUVs the safest cars on the road. My life is more important than MPGs (because I'm not poor) and a trimmed our Suburban or Yukon XL has all the features I would want in a car, along with the space.

>Anti-rollover tech
>paired with weight

so basically you need a nanny system and tons of reinforced metal and airbags packed into every crevice to keep you from killing yourself

uhn. TOO MANY WINDOWS. uhn

my folks awd sienna does a 7 second 0 - 60

I need weight and reinforced metal packed with airbags to prevent me from getting killed by the other retards on the road. You've also moved the goalposts from your last "critique" shitlord, so well done on that.

do you not know how to drive defensively? u moron

Last year I got rear-ended by a guy who managed to slow down to about 35 mph while my car was stationary in gridlock traffic. Explain to me how I could have defensively driven around the sea of cars at a dead stop around me to avoid him, dumbfuck.

you leave space in front of you, idiot

It's slow and I only want to go fast.

This, so much this. I would not trust my wife with anything under 4ton and i dont tust her with anything under.

Also cops won't pull you over. Unless you live in Detroit because illegal metal scrappers use them.

Slow, poor handling, terrible mileage,

Because Mazda is being a bunch of huge faggots right now and won't release a new Mazdaspeed5, let alone any new 5 for that matter

Shit I've seen more soccer moms in mustangs than minivans
I'm not joking