/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/2771
forums.libretro.com/t/analog-shader-pack-version-3-is-here/5493
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cemu is shit. botw won't even run on my expensive 2007 laptop.

Has anyone tested the new WASAPI driver in RA?

yeah. it's fucking great. it causes ra to hang.

I don't think it works for Realtek HD Audio right now.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand they already paid the bounty so the guy who made it fucked off right?

No, he's still around. I think he pushed another change on his fork today.

github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/2771

bump

Those are nice bumps

bump

:c

I can't believe you fags pay for this shit

Your gif is broken.

Thanks shitman

anyone know how to get the game to play? I'm stuck at the top and nothing works. I think it might be emulation related.

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

i rastarted a million times. i get to the top and the guns don't do shit. i think it's just a bad emulator. i played it once in the 90's and i didn't have the problem

It would help if you specified which game you were talking about, along with which emulator you are using.

mednafen in ubuntu

You rode the short bus in primary school, didn't you.

fuck you.
if you can't help me, then just don't make a post. simple. Go back to playing with bandcamp on your macintosh.

Working on a simple crt shader, using tv-outs as a basis. The advantage is that it's quite fast and works on my low end system.

Suggestions? THis is my first time messing with crt shader settings.

looks like shit

you'll need to redownload the rom. you're probably playing a bad dump.

Terrible

Tell me about Citra

what do you think about it and its developers?

How bout now? I increased sharpness.

Please offer actual ideas.

No, the "scanlines" look horrible. Look at some of the well known CRT shaders for comparison.

Even worse.

What is the best way to cut down some of the clutter in Retroarch/Lakka? I don't mind configuring stuff but for family its just too much stuff that can go wrong.

Never ask for opinions on CRT shaders. The only people who bother responding are people who play on CRTs and want to justify it.
like me

I want something that can:

1. Run on my system.
2. round the pixels
3. produce subtle lines.

I don't like those THICK BLACK LINES that many shaders produce.

What the fuck is this?

You're banned.

From the isozone, which I've never even been on until now.

I'm getting it, too. Probably a bug or something.

What version of OpenGL does Beetle HW need? It crashes constantly if I try to change anything.

Same here

Why do you have to plug the controller in before you start Dolphin? PPSSPP doesn't make you do that.

because the devs are too lazy to add code to recognize the controller being connected while it's running

i am having a shitty problem with android emulators to run duel links, the load time are on the roof and in general is laggy as fuck, any ideas?
it worked fine for some time before.

What emu?

What's the best way to map a Mouse to an Analog stick in Dolphin?
This is what I have right now, only problem is slow mouse movements aren't picked up at all. Even if I keep it constant, it's as if Dolphin it self has a deadzone.
Anyone know if you can fix this?

Can confirm, I've never posted there in my life.

I like it. Scanlines are nice and subtle. No ideas here but you seem to be on the right track.

>map a Mouse to an Analog stick
No

I know it won't be perfect, but having this issue be fixed would at least make it good enough.

Can anyone tell me exactly how OpenEmu works?

I use macOS with a somewhat cheap monitor. RetroArch works mighty fine in terms of performance, but OpenEmu stutters like dick and I believe it's because RA has this dynamic rate control feature that solves the problem. Am I getting close to the problem or is OpenEmu really lacking optimization?

The wiki says this randomly crashes. Is that still true?

No one knows because no one wants to play it.

Well considering they spent months getting this dogshit to work.

Is there any way I can hook standalone PPSSPP to RetroArch so I can run shaders?

Of course. Download the standalone's source code and then modify it to use the libretro API.

That doesn't mean anyone here is actually going to play it to find out if it really works.

Just wait till SP finish Nier, Zelda and few other new games.

If you don't contribute to Daniel de Mettis' monthly hash fund, you are a literal thief.

Not that, I mean, wasn't there a core like the Imageviewer or ffmpeg cores, that hooked d3d or something? I can't find it but I was under the impression I read that.

so i was thinking to do a casual excalibur 2 run in FFIX on mednafen but then i remembered about the cutscene skipping..

would it work if i replaced the cutscene files with dummy files?

Unless there's a huge Patreon money involved, both are in shit state atm.

So it turns out even if you disable dualcore in Dolphin, you still have to go into each individual games properties and disable it there as well.

Fucking brilliant.

Same here my man. I'm looking for something similar.

That's not how it works at all. A square means it will just do whatever you set in the settings, and I'm pretty sure there are no default game configs that have dualcore on. If a game needs dualcore off, then it will probably be in the default config anyway.

If it does work like that, then it's a bug and you should report it.

Where's a glsl version of crt-geom-flat

Curvature toggle on crt-geom does precisely dick.

how well does netplay work with Retroarch and ps1 beetle core?

/s

What is the difference between snes and snes_faust Mednafen modules?

PAL games and special cart chips are not supported, and the only input devices currently emulated are the standard SNES gamepad and multitap. Timing is approximate, so some games may exhibit timing-related issues.

A unique feature to this module(at the current time) is optional 1-frame speculative execution, disabled by default, controlled by the snes_faust.spex setting. Enabling it will reduce input(controller)->output(video) latency by 1 video frame(~16.7ms), with no deleterious effects on most games tested(though it will increase CPU usage a bit). Combine it with the setting changes recommended here for a better netplay experience.

open it up in a text editor and comment out line 259
>#define CURVATURE

Damn I'm retarded. Many thanks

bizhawk is fucking great. is this what retroarch wants to be?

Bizhawk is hot fucking garbage.

RetroArch is centuries ahead of that trash.

>hot garbage
the menubar has all the settings visible and organized proprerly. i guess that's not good.
>centuries ahead.
so, i suppose that in the future we want a convoluted distopian clusterfuck of a ui that doesn't allow us to play games via:: File>Open ROM.
fuck the future.

Dear god pcsx2 why do you suck so hard.

Newfag emulator here, playing BotW on Cemu 1.7.4d. Everything is working great, used the 19k shader cache, cemuhook for cutscenes, nvidia controls for the cemu.exe, etc...

One question though, if I only have a 1080p monitor, is there any point in using a graphics pack higher than the 1080p one? I have the hardware to run it, but if it's only noticeable if I have a better resolution/output, there's no point, right?

Open source, No quality control, hacks, contempt for end users.

>listing open source as a reason

Do you actually believe that closing the source code would magically make it better?

it's not magic. look at cemu.

Are you fucking retarded? Cemu's progress has zero relevance with being closed source.

I think it would have stopped a bunch of gibbering chimps from adding broken code that made PCSX2 unfixable.

last time I tried DS emulation was with No$GBA, is DeSmuME a lot better?
I just want new super mario bros for my dad but I'm not sure how good/bad his laptop is.

Can you elaborate on which code is broken and unfixable?

I feel like this is just a meme and that the real reason is that that there's no one who truly understands the PS2 hardware on its lowest level.

>can't see the correlation.
sorry buddy. all the best emulators for games we play are closed source.

no$gba is only good to use for its debugger. It has lots of emulation bugs and audio static. Use DeSmuME, turn on the JIT and set the block size to ~12.

You can downsample for extra AA, the difference between 1440p and 1080p on a 1080p monitor is noticeable. Also the heatwave bug seems to happen less if you're integer scaled (ie. 1440p, 4K).

what is JIT?

Works on my machine

Is there a single good CRT shader

Correlation is Not Causation.

>used the 19k shader cache
idiot

CEMU is shit

Just disappears here on FF and the 404 message appears on the top of the page. It also doesn't display properly in irfanview.

Use XNView or XNViewMP

There's multiple decent CRT shaders and a couple of really good ones that emulate CRTs to high degrees of accuracy on very high resolution displays.

It's labeled 'dynamic recompiler' in Config -> Emulation Settings.

pcsx2 patreon when???

Get the TV shaders, use the one in curved > slotmask sharp > composite

forums.libretro.com/t/analog-shader-pack-version-3-is-here/5493

Is emulating the virtual console through Dolphin still better than actual N64 emulation?

Depending on the game, yes

That thing isn't a unique shader, but instead several shaders mixed together with certain settings. It's not useful for me, since it uses both CRT Lottes, and Maister NTSC at the same time, making it too demanding for my simple laptop to handle.

Tvout is also better to use a sa base over maister NTSC, since it takes almost nothing to run.