Hey Veeky Forums...

Hey Veeky Forums, Reddit is sperging out over a video that has surfaced from a dealership that took one of their new unsold Honda Type Rs for a "joy ride"

In true Reddit fashion, these are stupid ass liberals that somehow equate "revving high" with engine damage even though the video shows nothing incriminating at all.

Here is the streamable link, tell me your opinions:

streamable.com/3eh69

and the post: reddit.com/r/Honda/comments/6hopup/honda_dealership_employees_take_new_and_unwrapped/

Other urls found in this thread:

techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/ATGG1717OM/enu/ATGG1717OM.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is it their car? No. Then they shouldn't be taking it out for joy rides.

1. Break in period is a thing
2. Revving high while cold is bad

flustered honda fangirls detected

Truly epic post user.

>Honda of Chantilly
At least they let you know they fucked with it

>needing to break in a motor in twenty fucking seventeen

lmao

DELET

Actually if it was unsold then it WAS their car at the time of the joy ride.

>Chantilly
Fucking NoVA fags ruin everything

Find me a techincal manual from a car sold by a major manufacturer that does not include a mention of a break in period. Protip: you can't

Show me the new Type R Honda one where it has it

>Caring about red.dit
>Nice blog m8
>Fuck off now
How would you even know about this if you weren't visiting them?

Why were you on reddit?

>he still visits shareblue.co. correctherecord.c..... Reddit.com
Topkeke

Isn't Honda's entire deal that they perform best when revved high? What's the actual issue here?

Ledditors are like a bunch of senile boomer age women only they're 17. Literally nothing to see here.

This.
Normalfag leave reeeeee

wait a second.... is the engine in that car literally a boosted k20? It sure behaves like one

Anybody that really is offended by the video is a fucking faggot. Any new sports car can be test driven "hard". Literally just bring a friend or two with you and the salesman won't join you on a cruise and you redline/launch at a highway entrance.

>m-m-muh engine break in period

He's not tracking it, literally doesn't matter. The spergs that will buy it will damage it more with their missed shifts.

Don't the the engine hard during break in or when cold, ya dipshits.

different engine family.

Do any of you niggers actually think that the car got damaged in any way, shape or form by what the guy did in that short video?

I have recently purchased a Lexus CT200H and a Ford Transit 250. Neither had any mention of a break in period in the owner's manual.

Why are you posting this here?
Fuck off.

they love shit like this, they will go to the end of the earth to ensure he is fired now.

>needing to break in shoes in current year
>needing to break in anything in current year

It's Honda's car that is lent to a dealership until it sells

Mustang GT has it, but that's a real engine, so maybe that's that.

who the fuck cares
they could be breaking in the engine for the next owner for all you fucking know

That's not how you properly break in an engine user

People are only excusing this behavior because it's from reddit. I wouldn't want some sleezeball using my shit like this if I'm about to buy it

>Break in period is a thing

No it's not.

Faggot.

what did he mean by this

It isn't, the dealership takes responsibility, Honda isn't just going to send them a brand new one for free if they damage one while joyriding

I don't see what the big deal is. He didn't rag it, and he didn't hit the redline. Maybe revved it a little hard for a brand new car, but that is not a massive issue in this day and age.

Big fuss over nothing, typical of that fucking place

Cool your tits, Watanabe. It's just a Honda.

"During the first 600 miles (1,000 km) of operation, avoid sudden acceleration or full throttle operation so as not to damage the engine or powertrain."
- Honda, 2017 Civic Hatch Owner's Guide (including model with 2.0L engine), Page 443

techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/ATGG1717OM/enu/ATGG1717OM.pdf

Can you stop forcing reddit here, thanks!

its a k20c1
vtec on exhaust only (its turbo, doesn't need it on the intake)

>Reddit is full of retard normies

what else is new

Learn how the dealership system works. The dealership is a separate entity. Car manufactures are not allowed to sell their cars directly (only Tesla is at the moment)

This is why things like this or typical dealership shit happens. If Honda was in direct charge of those employees they wouldn't have a job right now.

No...dealerships buy cars then sell them stooopiddd

Do you have even the slightest idea how retail works?

Wow user BTFO

he didn't even drive fast