When did we start dressing so casually? And why?

When did we start dressing so casually? And why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hlbk5iEADCk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

since forever, back then a photo was a special occasion.

Pret a porter.

60s
Cultural marxism

Since forever. Mass production and new fabrics just made it possible to produce an immense variety of casual clothing.

This.

All other answers are shilling revisionists.

/thread

In the second half of the 20th century, formal/fancy clothing like the men's suit went from being a status symbol to being seen as the uniform of the office drone, driven largely by the rise of the Hollywood celebrity culture.

Basically the same thing with sun tanning becoming popular.

Since the social pressures around dress conformity relaxed, increased ability to purchase leisure clothes and a separation between the social and professional life.

>>

>implying 99% of the population weren't dressed in dirty hick overalls and old leather shoes in the era this photo was taken

False look any street video from the 30s 40s 50s.

In the meantime in modern day LA...

youtube.com/watch?v=hlbk5iEADCk

Anyone know the name of that poor dandy who hung out with one of the kings in england around the late 19th century?

He supposedly changed all fashion and his influence with the nobles led to a casual dress form which continued to trickle down.

Someone posted him before in a similar thread.

Beau Brummell.

That faggot ruined everything.

Its hot as fuck to dress like that constantly.

This, and people are too fat to be comfortable in those clothes lying on their sofa all day

I wish I could dress fancy without looking like a sperg, any values society had with looking nice were replaced with convenience and comfort.

senpai please

Didn't we alway do? Sometimes I wonder if people in the 18th century really dressed so disheveled like those portraits of commoners.

Back then people dressed the same,and had their culture and society unaltered for decades and now theres a new trend every month and our values are constantly changing. I hate globalization.

Since cars started to dominate the cities.
You don't put on a nice dress if it's going to turn to shit after a day out.

I much prefer our modern women wearing booty shorts and yoga pants over whatever the fuck that Victorian lady is wearing.

there is more power in the world today. it is inherited as transgenerational capital. it is the shoulders of giants