Should they give up Le Mans altogether?

Should they give up Le Mans altogether?

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/wdkglm.mp4
motorsport.com/lemans/news/how-a-marshal-mix-up-caused-lead-toyotas-le-mans-failure-920639/
autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130253/marshal-confusion-led-to-7-toyota-failure
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think you should give up posting altogether

Not only should they keep going, they should field the next Supra in GTE

CVTs have no place in racing.

LeMans is for Mazda

Williams made a CVT for F1 way back in '94 and it was banned immediately. It was several seconds later than their conventional transmission.

I hope they don't :(

They set the quickest lap at le mans ever. They have 3 good cars and will win the WEC. Its only a matter of time till they win the thing

at least they still got rally.

LeManzda?

Yes they should come to terms with the fact that they suck.

Honda needs to do the same in F1.

After so many years of failure, both efforts are just bringing down everybody when they show up to the track. Everybody looks at them and thinks "well, here are the failures again, how depressing"

I never thought a Yaris could be so sexy.

They should focus on making their (racing) cars *reliable* as opposed to *fast, but only for 1/3 of the race*.

>several seconds later
what did he mean by this

Probably "faster"

Also, these cars look so small in person! I'd love to sit in one just to see what it's like sometime! Probably never gonna happen though...

>They set the quickest lap at le mans ever.
its a good thing too, they needed to get back to the pit asap so they could fix their shit

will Nissan come back to Le Mans? I love their meme machines

Hopefully not
Their memes are terrible and slow

Last year they were relaiable for 99% of the race .

And this year only 1 car had retired due to problems , the second got pushed out by another car .

That being said , i think they wanted to let toyota win it . Imagine if toyota would leave ? Only porsche doing circles around the others , would be boring ..

No, the second car lost fuel right before it was hit.
That's why it was hit; it lost power while overtaking an LMP2 car.

I don't get it, why don't they just take their cars to a race track in dubai or something were temperatures are incredibly high, and drive for a whole week or something, fixing it accordingly so that it can endure it its crystal clear that realibility wins lemans, not speed

>at least we still got the 9 car
even the third car imploded.
They never showed a good replay showing the Manor P2 car on the left. so it's not even clear how Lapierre fucked that up.

fuck dude i remember this

Toyota needs to get rid of Rob Leupen and Hugues de Chaunac. Those gaijins are the problem. They should let TOM's run the LMP1 team not TMG, the team should be based in Japan not Cologne, Germany.
Don't cancel the whole LMP1 project instead change the team director.

Which is worse, Honda's power unit failures in F1 or Toyota's meltdowns at Le Mans?

Toyota Racing is a fucking mess.

Engineers in England, mechanics in Germany, executives in Japan. It's like they took the worst fucking racing stereotypes from each fucking country and decided to make the worst multi autosport organization in the world.

They need someone to start kicking the shit out of the lazy mechanics, and pimp slapping some sense in to the Engineers. While the executives stop apologizing and begging forgiveness.

Why are Japanese motorsports so shit at international races outside of Japan?
Outside of SuperGT Sato's Indy 500 is probably the biggest win internationally for a Japanese driver. Only one Japanese manufacturer has won Le Mans etc.
Clearly their culture has a passion for motorsports but they suck at it. Someone needs to represent Nippon engineering and prove it's not shit.

nah you are just fucking clueless, Japana has had remarkable success in several disciplines, Dakar, australian touring cars, IMSA, WRC and Formula 1 all of these have had seaons of continous japanese domination

japan is also the most succesful county on motorcycle related motorsport

also, SFWD and sport compact drag racing classes are dominated by japanese cars

Honda's F1 success is overrated. They only had success as an engine manufacturer. When they tried to enter their own full team as a constructor they sucked.
a lot of the Japanese prototypes that dominated IMSA back in the day would lose the big one at Le Mans and then win all the other sportscar races like in North America.

>7 championships
>overrated
you are fucking retarded

>a lot of the Japanese prototypes that dominated IMSA back in the day would lose the big one at Le Mans
blame the 962, no one could beat that one, not even teams from america or other european nations

7 chams
>as engine providers only

it is overated

ferrari has more than twice champs doing the whole shabang

even renault has 9 titles as engine suppliers alone and 2 more as the whole team

VAG needs to unfuck itself.

Well, ONE Toyota finished the race at least...

you gotta do both, build your own engine and chassis.

The problem is Toyota needs a new livery.
That red and white on the TS050 was ugly and looked too similar to Audi's colors. that's why they can't win Le Mans.

Except ferrari has been racing f1 since forever

Porsche is more likely to leave. The 919 is already old as fuck and porsche is known for not making successors once they lose.

LMP1 racing is exciting but they really need more cars. 5 cars just end up getting lost in the traffic. Need 10-15.

The LMP1s are in my opinion more impressive than the F1s. 900+ hp with the hybrids.

But whats the point if theres only 2 people racing them. Same problem as F1 really. Merc and Ferrari with a parade following suit.

24hLM is more exciting than F1 dont get me wrong. You still have the LMP2s and GTEs racing at the same time to distract from car failures and pits that really make the LMP1s races interesting.

I think Toyota should stay. They have the fastest cars on the track and had random unpredictable failures but clearly the current Gazoo team has what it takes to win. It would be a shame if they didn't stick it out. Especially after such a strong showing the last two years in terms of pure performance. They work out th kinks in reliability and they will dominate for years. And besides, Toyota's reputation is for the best reliability in the business. The 24hLM is the perfect place to showcase this. By quitting they are going to tarnish their reputation.

They should stop for a while I think. This was pretty much an all or nothing attempt, and they got nothing. Put money into unfucking the actual company, and come back to LMP1 in 5-10 years with a properly built and tested car. A lot of it is pretty much an advertisement, so even if they did people would shitpost about how they couldn't handle LMP.

An LMP2 team would be cool, but has the same issue. If they bring back their actual sports cars, unfuck the MR2, proper supra, rear wheel drive corolla (please god), and start building an actual base on which to construct a racing pedigree, then it might work. If anything they proved that you can't just buy a Le Mans win, which is a good thing.

We know Nissan are a bunch of cucks but wouldn't it be great both for the keks and for a big motorsports revolution if:

>Everyone is racing with their bleeding edge MR cars
>Nissan comes up and fucks them sideways with their FF abomination

>people would shitpost about how they couldn't handle LMP.
I mean field cars in both like how Porsche is doing right now

>nissan
>cucks
>fielding the most uncucked car in racing
k then.

>fielding the most uncucked idea in racing
Fixed. The car itself was cucked

>they bring back their actual sports cars
It seems Toyota cares more about using the Lexus brand for their line of sports cars now. Even in Japan in SuperGT they use a Lexus RCF now because there's no more Supra.
It sucks that Toyota seems to be going this way, everything should be badged as Toyota. Instead of the Scion FR-S it should have been badged as the 86.
It feels like instead of giving us one awesome sportscar like a new Supra, Toyota rather use their Lexus F-Sport line and make a bunch of different sportscars and advertise it as a line of "performance vehicles".

except the nissang gtr lm was awd

my.mixtape.moe/wdkglm.mp4
who the fuck is Tom?

when Toyota first announced the WRC team the media assumed that they would pull out of the WEC soon. it depends if Toyota can afford to keep both. but they have an agreement with WEC until 2020.

that's their biggest problem, defo

the whole F-Sport line is a bunch of watered down inferior versions of the LFA. You would hope that there would be some trickle down effect into the mass production models. but there's not. that's why they should badge it all as Toyota.

>ctrl alt del
Rob Leupen couldn't get his lazy ass on the team radio and give Kamui some powershell command lines?

They have to be similar color schemed to spectators can spot which class is which.

Uhhh... Except scion was shut down and it is now badged as the 86.

Looks like they decided to continue on to next year.

Technically it wasnt.

The electric motors would work at certain times only, and in the end the car raced without it.

Remember it was supposed to generate ridiculous amount of power in short burts?

>The failure that struck Toyota’s leading Le Mans 24 Hours challenger was indirectly caused by Kamui Kobayashi mistaking an LMP2 driver in the pitlane for a marshal, it has emerged.

>It transpired that the clutch had overheated during a safety car period, when Kobayashi had just taken over from Conway and was sat at the end of the pitlane in front a red light waiting for the train of cars formed behind the safety car to pass.
>But the Japanese driver started to go when he saw what he believed to be a marshal instructing him to leave the pits, only to be told on the radio to stop again – in the process overwhelming his TS050 Hybrid's clutch and setting up the car's demise on the first racing lap once the safety car withdrew.

So clutch failure was the problem with the #7 car, not an electronic glitch with the pit speed limiter. What a horrible way to lose on that kind of silly mistake. but that's why you need to be on guard at Le Mans in case weird shit happens and expect the unexpected.
#7 was under investigation for violating pit lane exit procedure but then the car failed before the stewards had to make a decision.

motorsport.com/lemans/news/how-a-marshal-mix-up-caused-lead-toyotas-le-mans-failure-920639/
autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130253/marshal-confusion-led-to-7-toyota-failure

>should the only other manu who is competitve in lmp1 give up?

how many ways can you say no?

those 6H races coming up now in the WEC feel meaningless after such a poor performance at Le Mans.

Toyota never entered a third car before because of costs. and the one time they change their mind and enter the third car it still gets fucked up.
Rossiter had to miss Le Mans because of SuperGT testing and Toyota has a chance to win the championship there so they forced him to stay in Japan and prioritize SuperGT over Le Mans. Maybe if he was in the ByKolles Non-H LMP1 at the start like he was supposed to be, then maybe the 9 Toyota doesn't get damaged from the ByKolles debris on Lap 1, and maybe it's running closer to the front during the race.

so in some ways Toyota possibly screwed themselves over by keeping Rossiter in Japan but the reason they did it was to help their own SuperGT team.