/rsg/ Runescape General

Saradomin is the greatest God Edition

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates

>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,192,65899569

>BTS
youtube.com/watch?v=2V-0wSDcjJE

Other urls found in this thread:

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Stone_bowl
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did you keep your promise from years ago and kill Zanik? The people of Lumbridge were counting on you.

tfw you losers are too busy making fun of based schumi, while he is out pvming and getting all the chicks in rs you never could hook up with. stay jelous you pathetic cucks. he even got a fang the other day the dudes literally swiming in gold while all u do is try and make him look bad. hes even out killing yakamaru (the hardest boss in the game) some of you dont even know what he is LMAO. and schumi has shown me pictures of all his wealth so i know what im saying and boy is he rich im almost jelous of him but he is my good friend so I dont envy him. Schumi is literally immune to all you shittalkers anyway with the power of the ignore list so try all you want you microdick cucks

nice autism, would make for a tasty pasta

4th for papa smurf a shit

Did they nerf Ganodermic Beasts with the new luck rework? It feels like they've been dropping garbage lately.

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Stone_bowl

I'm trying to do the Tears of Guthix quest. Why does it say on my Magic Stone when I try to craft it into this bowl that "You don't know what to make"?

Have you talked to the snake yet?

Yes, and I've just found out that you have to talk to her without a weapon in hand to be told how to make the bowl. Not just to hold the bowl.

>these are the types of players I share a general with

life is suffering u m u

At least I know how to greentext properly.

>no skilling overloads
this would be nice, albeit completely useless for maxfags

devalues my spicy stew luck
devalues my pulse cores

Closest thing is the perfect plus potion. Condenses all perfect juju potion effects into one potion, and each dose lasts four hours. Much more useful than a skill version of overload desu.

>sub 1000s loaded with cosmetics and animations that have recently name changed

Were it not for the fact that you need a reliable source of crystal tree blossoms to make them I would agree.
Aside from being a maxfag, I got no clue how to easily get an acorn for tree.

pickpocketing elves I think

Hydrix dragons are such trash. What the fuck was Jagex thinking?

>be me
>join clan ~1.5 yrs ago
>friendly bros in discord 24/7
>most are semi-normies that go to school and/or work (aka the best kind of RS player)
>assholes, elitists, underage, and furries are kicked immediately
>taught me rago, yaka, bm, etc
>few months pass
>"h3h3 stop hitting on me silly bois im just a gamur like u bois leave me alone I don't expect special treatment/attention" gurl gamur joins clan

You know the rest.

Women, natural born clan wreckers.

The problem with that is theiving is my lowest skill.
Maybe I'll just grind crystal shapeshifters or something, try and collect a full attuned set for autism's sake.

is this your first MMORPG?

There are guilds in WoW that legitimately don't invite female players for this exact reason.

The only good thing about them was making 10m/hr for a couple of days.

hell yeah where my niggas at

How'd you manage that with these awful drops?

>discord
you deserved it cuck

>assholes, elitists, underage, and furries are kicked immediately

>this will never be rsg

Pre-release chompy prices skyrocketed, they were profitable as fug before reddit caught on.

What said.
They peaked around 57k each before it was leddit popular.

Good shit. Glad you guys made off well.

Did the servers just die? Can't load the game or the site

everything's working fine for me

Seriously, what's the obsession with these shit money making methods? Is it just the novelty? You can make twice that at spider anytime and it requires far less clicking.

>having gear to kill spider
Sorry to disappoint.

One of my first guilds in wow broke up cause the GM's cousin gave our first t6 drop to his "gf" and said it was an accident, but freaked out when we tried to get a GM to undo his "fuckup". And I put gf in quotations because they were supposedly dating but she e-dumped him a week before they were supposed to meet in real life. lul

I really liked the guild too ;_;

the clan/fc would be dead if that happened.

you can gear for spider with under 10m

I'd imagine it's because people don't want to learn spoder/are tired of doing it.

[citation needed]

not him but I did my first spider kill w/ armadyl & royal crossbow

no way you'd make 10m/hr tho, unless you also had overloads, anguish, supreme sharpshooter, reaper necklace, SE void etc. kills took fucking forever to get kills cause your accuracy is shit

Espeon "I sell pokemon name to kids in an online game for their parents money" Nintendium

Can I augment an item at 1% to stop it from degrading into dust?

So what are some weekly/daily things a new player should focus on? I've done Tears of Guthix and the boss from that new player island that you can kill twice for either coins or bonus exp. Also doing Fish Flingers.

probably but if you're doing it just to save on repair costs you're wasting your time. unaugmenting will break it and augmentors are like 300k in mats

do beneath cursed tides quest before the end of the month
fallen stars give 50k gp daily and mining xp
runesphere if you need runecrafting levels

How new are we talking?

Assuming 99 in all combat stats (aside from 96 summoning/95 prayer) and overloads and t80 armor/ t90 weapons, how much harder would solo Nex be compared to say, Araxxor? I'm assuming Nex is harder since she was never really meant to be a solo boss.

daily: boxtrap/divine sims cause hunting/divination are cancer, sinkholes (I just hand in 1 resource and go afk for 5 minutes and still end up with a medium lamp half the time), reaper task, ports,

weekly: tears of guthix, certain circus events (easy 20k agility/thieving xp etc), pengs if you're autistic enough to do them

monthly: god statues (construction + prayer or slayer xp) and troll invasion (like 50k xp book)

It's something new/different

Hunting 4k chompies is also a comp requirement

Might as well cash in on the money training and help knock part of it out at the same time.

Plus doing spooder all the time makes me want to kms myself

You've posted this every thread for the past 10 or something.
Find something more interesting to post every thread, random drama about some kike isn't that interesting.
Now if you find something lolcow worthy, then we're talking.

Dailies: Runeshops, wax, divine locations, wicked hood, farm run, coconut run, feathers
Fire, air, astral, soul, body, mind, nature

The others you can grab to stock up on for viswax, I try to keep around 6k of each on hand for combat/wax/random magic shit like crystal mask

6k of the cheapo runes and 2k of the more expensive like blood death soul, etc.

shut up espeon go jew kids for their parent's money

Don't bother without boss portal desu. But to answer your question, its like 3x harder at first but after a few dozen kills its just like any other boss- boring. Just don't get fucked by ice prisons, and make sure you cap accuracy in every way possible

I thought all items had to be unused to augment?

Fair enough. I do appreciate the honest answer lad. Was expecting some meme/sarcastic reply.

Is it still possible to solo KK?

you're prob right, I haven't augmented anything in half a yr

I augmented my attuned crystal staff a while back, so I'm not sure that's true.

don't bother

I'm aware it's not worth my time/trying, but is it still possible?

Yes

yes but it randomly requires de-aggroing which causes him to heal 100k/tick

>tfw hydrix dragon actually dropped the hauberk
I'm sorry for badmouthing you Jagex.

>mfw retards give 2 shits about their playername

I still use the same playername I had when I made my account in 05. I should probably change it for the sake of account security but I'm lazy.

yeah you're right. really wish I could find a place like that though. so fucking sick of underaged queers ruining everything

>he doesn't have a 2 letter playername

point and laugh at this faggot

Is Vamp aura really a meme?

Yes, a lot of people don't realize its capped at 50hp. Great for low-medium level players tho.

>tfw forced to use vamp aura when all the others are on cooldown but afraid someone will see

depends on what you're killing user. no one is gonna judge you for using vamp aura if you're doing slayer

I don't believe you.

So I got a reaper's task to fuck up the giant mole. Turns out she's fucking my shit up instead. I'm in full rune, combat level 70. I should just group for this right?

People WILL defend this

>Melee mole

??? Fire magic???

>Finally got around to doing Kindred Spirits
That scene where Sliske beats you nearly to death was brutal...

It says on the wiki she has no weakness and all strategies are equally usable.

what combat stats should i have before doing smoking kills? wiki just vaguely says 90+ combat

Weakness only indicates which (if there is one) combat style is extremely accurate against the enemy
In most cases you'll want to look for the 'Affinity' stats instead. The higher the stat, the more accurate the combat style is against the enemy.

I could be wrong but I think that's because 85 or 90 combat is (or was) a requirement to even start the quest. If you have the levels required to start the quest you should be able to do it with ease. Since it's one of the older quests they probably haven't adjusted the enemies for EOC yet

So this means in terms of fighting it the best at it is magic, melee then ranged? I'm still sure I couldn't solo it.

how much will you pay me if I party with you?

>So this means in terms of fighting it the best at it is magic, melee then ranged
Correct. Also for future reference, unless a certain type of spell/ammo/melee style is listed as the monster's weakness it doesn't matter which style you use.
For instance in this case you're free to use any kind of spell (air/water/earth/fire), but if the monster's specific weakness was water spells you'd be much better off using water spells.

As long as you have a level 60+ magic weapon you should be able to solo it. What equipment do you have and what does your ability bar look like?

>killing glacors
>ring of fortune shines brightly
>thinking steadfast boots
>fucking grimy harrlander
I'm 300 GP richer.

I'll give you one whole strawberry.

My magic's 55 and I'm not a huge fan of it so I think my only weapon is Mystic Air Staff (lvl 40) that doesn't cost runes which I used to level up magic on ogres. The other gear is batwing.

what weapon are you using? probably just an accuracy issue

Yeah, that's probably not enough. You should probably either give it another go with melee (provided you have level 60+ melee weapons as well) or grind magic to 60 and get a guthix staff from the magic training arena.
Alternatively you could just get someone to help you with the reaper task. I'd help but I won't be home for a while

Yeah, well. I can't afford dragon weapons. I've also been in the queue for it this whole time.

Rune halberd.

what's your attack level?

I guess I should be using Supreme accuracy auras instead of vamp at bosses?

I don't think anyone uses the ingame group finding system for anything aside from raids t b h
Try asking around in a friends chat or clan chat if someone can help you or just raise your stats until you can kill it by yourself. The task doesn't go away if you don't complete it

oh yeah rune is level 50 now.

and fyi you can reroll reaper assignments, the first one doesn't penalize you any points, not sure if you already knew this or not. in all honesty you might be a bit low to worry about doing reaper assignments, level your combat with slayer, worry about reaper assignments once all your shit is 70+. I didn't start till I was 110ish combat

>the first one doesn't penalize you any points, not sure if you already knew this or not

The first one I got was Dagganoth Kings.

>Try asking around in a friends chat or clan chat

don't bother with reapers until you have at least 60 mage
at that point you can reroll every day until you get barrows

>all these people "helping" Giant Mole-kun but not a single one of them was willing to take 5 minutes and actually kill it with him

never change /rsg/

and I can't help you because I despise un-maxed shitter retards like you, mole-kun

>I despise un-maxed shitter retards like you

>elite clue scan
>elven lanes
Fuck me.

I did it!

now to blow it on sgb

I sure hope you already have at least SOS

He felt the need to post 1b cash on /rsg/, do you think he has something that costs more than twice that?

affliction > sos for cost effectiveness

I can only stomach playing ~1hr/day and usually spend it doing Araxxor so no. Have nox/dual seismics tho, good enough on the rare occasion I choose telos over spider

I have a keepsaked green, if you want to compare dick sizes we can post wealth eval/keep sake boxes