How reliable is the 986 boxster really? considering they hid the engine like jewish babies in 1943...

how reliable is the 986 boxster really? considering they hid the engine like jewish babies in 1943, wrenching seems impossible. boxster seems like a more practical daily than a miata considering the frunk

Other urls found in this thread:

rennlist.com/forums/boxster-and-boxster-s-986-forum/158904-is-6-2-too-tall-for-a-boxster.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cheap Porsche is the most expensive one

i daily mine

haven't had any serious issues with it.

base ones share more parts with vw.

engine is more accessible than you think

get it! we're already like 4 guys with boxsters here on Veeky Forums

Are you a hair stylist?

>Porsche
>hair stylist's car
You're some kind of dumb aren't ya

no, just a regular fag

hows the soft top? any good hard tops on the market?

mine has the factory one.

it makes a MASSIVE difference regarding highway noise, I got a headache after 10 minutes with the soft top because of the constant wind buffeting.

there's also a cayman style hardtop called a zeintop, ill post it in a sec.

zeintop

I kinda want one, but they're a little pricey, and i fear the long tailgate and in general would just rattle and shit because its fibreglass, compared to the aluminum HT.

looks great with it, almost like the cayman. how would the headroom be in the factory one for someone whos 6'2?

I'm tiny at 5'4, so i wouldn't exactly know.

But a quick search showed that most people seem to be fine with it. 911 996's are much more spaceous though.

rennlist.com/forums/boxster-and-boxster-s-986-forum/158904-is-6-2-too-tall-for-a-boxster.html

>911 996's are much more spaceous though.
That's not saying much. It's not terribly spacious in and of itself.

thanks for answering everything. it will be either a boxster or a newer TT audi. 911 is out of my comfort zone for spending on a toy

good luck on your purchase user

testdrive a boxster, im sure you'll love it

quads of truth

Would a Cayman be a better buy if I don't want a top down Porrsche?

Is it hard to work on the engine and more expensive to maintain on the Cayman compared to a Boxster?

Thinking of picking up a 2006 - 2009 Cayman by the end of the year.

its exactly the same in terms of maintenance

it's a lot nicer handling though.

ad 06+ cars dont suffer ims

Is the only reason to choose a boxster over an s2000 the look and porsche badge?

Pretty much yeah, S2000 would probably be cheaper to repair though

Is there no difference on the cost to having it repaired as it is a mid engine compared to a rear engine?

No same basic block between Boxster, Caymans, and 911s. Only difference is the displacement

No, a Boxster S will handle as well if not better than an S2000 and be far more comfortable to live with

Wrong, 986s are reliable af

I'm 6 even and have plenty of extra space

Are regular car mechanic capable of doing proper repair on a Porsche or does it have to be brought to a specialized mechanics or mechanics that specializes at repairing Volkswagen ?

I mean, some shit you'll have to take it in for, like reprogramming control modules for the car. That shit doesn't usually fail though.

Replacing shit and doing every now and again tune up stuff? Perfectly fine, and even easy if you know what you're doing.

What about engine and trans repair or changing manifold seals or even timing belt and what not? Can all this be done by a Joe Schmoe mechanic?

Yes. You can even mix and match a lot of engines from the 911 and S models into base models. Things get a little complicated once they went to CANbus, but not the end of the world

If you have a lift, or access to one, working on a 986 is piss easy

Unless Joe Schmoe equates to being a mouth breathing retard who has never had to figure out the proper way to do things due to design.

Everything is accessible on the 986, but some things have to be done in specific orders. Can't just start ripping out the AOS for example

What about the 987 models from 2006-2009?

It uses a timing chain. And the serpentine belt can be changed from the access panel behind the seats
Other stuff will be from the top, bottom, and the sides of the engine through the rear wheel wells
See
Same thing really, just newer stuff

More comfortable and more practical thanks to its two trunks.
Basically more viable as your only car.

WHY DO YOU KEEP MAKING 986 THREADS?

I guess convertible season has started?

>saging

Bumping a thread after more than 3 hours seemed like a bit much for that post.

No you tard