/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 14th:
AD 70 – Siege of Jerusalem: Titus, son of emperor Vespasian, surrounds the Jewish capital with four Roman legions.
966 – After his marriage to the Christian Doubravka of Bohemia, the pagan ruler of the Polans, Mieszko I, converts to Christianity, an event considered to be the founding of the Polish state.
1294 – Temür, grandson of Kublai, is elected Khagan of the Mongols and Emperor of the Yuan dynasty with the reigning titles Oljeitu and Chengzong.
1699 – Khalsa: The Sikh religion was formalised as the Khalsa - the brotherhood of Warrior-Saints - by Guru Gobind Singh in northern India, in accordance with the Nanakshahi calendar.
1931 – The Spanish Cortes deposes King Alfonso XIII and proclaims the Second Spanish Republic.

>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-XRzW-WVZY8
strawpoll.me/12743502
youtube.com/watch?v=7FfKbSvWPDU
youtube.com/watch?v=QAlMaVYIzqw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

BASED

Ming is ABSOLUTELY BASED

Every time

Does MEIOU and Taxes work with 1.20?

is there a mod that completely removes mana in EU4 and works?

uninstall.mod

Depend on how much the different between 1.19 and 1.20.

No, EU4 will never be good.

MEIOU remove that development button in province UI if that mean something.

No
No

No

>Paradox will never hire composer that Aplitude uses
youtube.com/watch?v=-XRzW-WVZY8
Why even live

It is now nearly 5 months since HPM was updated
Anyone else in favour of replacing it in the archive with Vickymod?

strawpoll.me/12743502

>Wiz
>DDRjake
>Johan
Paradox will never hire anyone good

trob

>2017
>not making your own soundtracks

>2017
>not sucking your own dick

It has been 4 hours since I successfully sucked my own penis. Things are different now. As soon as mouth-to-penis contact was made I felt a shockwave through my body. I have reason to believe I have super strength and telekinesis now.. 3 hours after contact I noticed a van parked on my street but no one has entered or exited the car since its arrival. I fear for my safety, I'm not sure what sort of power I may have stumbled upon but it's possible that the government has found out. If I don't update this again please send help.

k.

can you release MEIOU and Taxes 2.0 please

Good for you

I can't play these games but enjoy watching them, any suggestions for Youtubers that play CK2?

what now?

Expand into India and then dismantle Russia with German help.

>play utrecht
>take friesland
>unironically get 30 AE with everyone in europe
what le fug

>Convert CK2 game
>See this

What do?

>high value province
>part of HRE
>same religion
>same culture
What did you expect

>using a version of the game with square Memel
You deserved it

>he takes a princes sovereign land
Use console commands you spas

>be agressive
>get AGRESSIVE expansion
woooooww
nothing i could do haha

Pray to Allah

The AI in EU4 can't colonize shit. They usually take 150 years more than what they did IRL to colonize Mesoamerica(sometimes they just don't colonize it). Or they focus on colonizing fucking useless shitholes instead of colonizing coastal areas. They usually don't conquer tribal nations and instead leave them in peace, giving them time to catch up in tech levels and convert to Christianism...

Meanwhile in Victoria 2 it takes the AI 15 years to colonize all of Africa.

I wish we had some kind of colonization railroading in EU4, so that colonization went more or less like it did in real life.

>remove F R E E casus belli on primitives and savages
that's literally it

Meanwhile, in the British Isles

Sweden yes?

I've been wanting some sort of ai control on colonizing too. It bothers me a bit when I see "english brazil" or whatever, for example. If the AI countries could have some sort of preferred region which they would colonize then it could've looked more historical.

Is there some sort of problem I'm not seeing? Great Britain controls Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Makes some sense at least.

EU4 is just pure garbage. Inca never gets conquered, Mesoamerica almost never gets properly colonized. However in the 15th century they'll create ahistorical colonies everywhere in the Ivory Coast.

The increased aggressiveness and ferocity for Ivory Coast natives doesn't deter the AI from colonizing there far too early, mainly because that bullshit native policy which completely removes native revolts exists.

Vic 2 is superior.

Does MEIOU address this?

The only thing MEIOU address is adding more useless bloat

Vic 2 is ugly as shit though. I wish vic2 had some sort of graphics overhaul.

I just thought it was cool that, without player intervention, Britain ended up controlling northern Ireland like that while the rest was independent.

Yes, it's better with M&T and it's also railroaded so Iberia gets a bonus colonist earlier than everyone else if I'm not wrong

>colonial casus beli is gone
>deus vult is last idea
Wonder why they don't expand user

>In EU4 you can create colonies all over coastal Africa as soon as you get the colonial range for it, which can be done in the 15th century
>In Victoria 2 you need to wait until the late 19th century to get the techs required to colonize these same lands that could be colonized in EU4 with just the enough colonial range 400 years before

Explain.

>railroading
>In EU4 you cannot create colonial nation in Africa, not even the Cape colony

You need to develop advanced medicine to survive in the depths of the Dark continent.

Vicky 2 has comfiest music man

The main issue with Vicky 2 is that it ends too early. And mods that add an expanded timeline are broken

Railroading is great, the player should be the only force able to change history in the games

So why the fuck can a 15th century country colonize much of Africa with the technology that was available to them in that era?

HPM wanted to expand the start date to 1815, what happened with that?

HPM got a job and nobody was autistic enough to pick up the torch.

I don't know but there was a PDM submod that allowed you to start in 1821. Sadly, PDM sucks.

HPM is ded

W&B

>DoD is designed quite well for a mod
>Its PDM based
Life is suffering

>1815 start
>Spain will manage to hold Bolivia and some other colonies in the Americas forever unless they get a doomstack of rebels
>Belgium will probably never exist because Netherlands will swallow it
I'm not sure if that would work to be honest. I am probably forgetting some other things

They take longer to colonize in MEIOU desu (like late 1600s) but they usually colonize the right places

Lots of European countries established colonies on the African coast during the early modern era. They tended to just be coastal fortresses, though, or islands just offshore. In EU4 game terms, they would have just been toeholds for the Europeans to influence trade in the nodes there and have easy access to the trade goods (ie. slaves and ivory). The Dutch, British and Danish all had coastal holdings in Africa in the 1500s and 1600s.

Spain has a civil war against united hispanic Americas
Ottomans have a firmer grip on its stuff

Naples had that crazy guy going all in vs Austria.
They literally had same purpose as Caribbean islands- trade and resupply

Also reminder nobody played this gem.
youtube.com/watch?v=7FfKbSvWPDU

I thought the purpose of the Caribbean islands was so that the Europeans had somewhere to grow all their sugarcane.

That too.
Based sugarcane.

Remove kebap

What idea group should I get if Im playing uesugi? I own around 60% of japan at this point but I was thinking of getting some millitary idea. Im rich as fuck 300 ducats right now

Shogun took my rival's provinces, but does that mean I need to worry?

Quality is good as japan

You pretty much always want Quantity as one of your first two idea groups, manpower is just such a scarce resource in EU4.

Isn't it better to go with a diplomatic idea because diplomatic technologies aren't good early so you can afford to be a little behind in them?

With rich enough nations, should you use 50% merc armies?

Im gonna do it im gonna fuckin do it. To bad Sikh is mechanically one of the weakest religions its got such a nice color and no one converts to it but today is the day.

You should use as many mercs as you can afford as every nation, only infantry though.

Yeah that's part of why I find colonial nations so comfy, but you should be able to get military ideas and tech with advisor priority and national focus. It's only really an issue if you're coring a lot in the first 50 years.

Took you too long to respond so I took defensive ideas. Quality is mostly naval bonuses desu, only one or two bonuses seem useful. Kinda regret not taking quantity, After a recent war Im quite drained

>complains about Africans colonies when you still can't set up the east India companies

Even without a navy, quality is one of the best groups there - if not the best. You basically get 15 discipline with it, and more army tradition too. 10 of that 15 discipline will count and do damage even in a defensive battle. It's extremely good.

>carribean was trade
No carribean was sugar and tobacco plantations you took slaves to
You took luxury goods to North America to sell to the middleclass and buy furs from native helpers
You took weapons and clothes to Africa for slaves
How do people still not know how the triangle trade worked

check out this Red Roman Realm

youtube.com/watch?v=QAlMaVYIzqw

BASED

MP when ?

this desu

W&B

>Sikh emerges by event whenever a Hindu nation borders a Muslim one

Does that mean I could get Sikhism as Majapahit or Sunda if I managed to get a border with Malacca or Siak?

Get colonisation first and colonise the Indies, then quality as you need those naval buffs so it's not a waste like for most other nations
Ally uesuegi as they have revanchism
Imawaga
And hyuga
Then you'll be able to take the shogunate if you have the bigger navy
Remember to take shogunate you have to own kyoto so send your stack there first so your ally doesn't occupy it
Your allies auto join wars vs the shogun

Well, somebody needs to host it, and it's not going to be me

What's the difference between giving merchants a province and giving it to a trade company

Pretty cool desu. What are you end goals?

Quantity is the best group overall, because as some other user said, manpower is so scarce, and it gives you a bajillion force limit too. It doesn't win wars on its own but it goes a very long way towards it.
Offensive/Defensive/Quality are all gucci too. They make your dudes fight better, while quantity just makes more of your dudes.

Economic, Expansion, Admin and Innovative are ok too.
Influence can be ok too I guess.

Trade is a meme.

Colonial only if you plan on colonizing the shit out of things.

Most of the naval ideas are shit in singleplayer since the AI can't into fleet building and no one can rival you.

Religious is still one of the best groups too.

>3
>6
>6

>implying you can even compete with US 3k+ prestige

Hmm, revanchism?

>Imawaga
>And hyuga
They're not here anymore. I am allied to these three.

So you think I can take the shogunate now after I ally a couple of more of them? My mil tech is low though.

>best idea group
>no free casus beli straight away
>still takes forever to convert Muslims
>quality
>trying to be gamey whilst also failing
>RP failure
Kys kiddo

Unite India make a march out of afghanistan Indochina and Tibet. My main goal is I wanna see if I can beat super Ming going sikh is just cause its fun.

>revanchism
If you lose territory you get buffs
>take shogun now
They just had a war, they won but their manpower should be low whilst yours is high
How many more Diplo reps can you have? As I said allies auto join and cannot break alliance in war
>mil tech
>mattering
Just have one more troop, fight in plains and a general, then you'll be fine

absolutely liquortastically FUCKIN' hella white and based

>kys

Bereft yourself of life.

They became independent somehow... I can't ally them.

What do I do then?

Is liquor W&B?

file

You can fuck my bitch Report & Ignore!

*blocks your path*