Watching this is pure fucking torture

Watching this is pure fucking torture.

youtube.com/watch?v=W5tQm8HBB2Y

Where were you when the car hobby died in a boomer infused hell?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jP07olF_RVY
auto.howstuffworks.com/1971-1980-ford-pinto12.htm
youtu.be/TNIpjHy7500
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why haven't boomers died off yet?

>Watching this is pure fucking torture.

Why?

>one of only 11 made
>one of only 2 sold in the US

I have so many questions. Why were only 11 of these made? Why did the US only get 2? What countries would actually want a 70s landbarge "sports car" with an 8L engine making 125 HP at the crank?

>Click it, boy!

youtube.com/watch?v=jP07olF_RVY

>almost $4 million for a fucking boomer sled

>Why were only 11 of these made? Why did the US only get 2?
Here's the thing. Those figures are for that specific set of options for that 1971 Cuda.

It's nitpicking for a color with another color. It's fucking stupid.

because he's an autist

>125hp at the crank
you're thinking of the 3.2L, try 370 at the crank

>(you)

>125 at the cran

it's a 71 lmao

72 and onward is when everything became a cuckmobile. like that hick magnet firebird, 180hp "muscle car"

I like muscle cars but the culture around them is fucking retarded sometimes, god knows why people pay so much cash for the things. That's fine art money for something that was literally mass-produced, really makes you think.

90hp on a good day, at low altitude, in a lean setting.

its a hemi car, more like 425 hp and almost 500 lbft

lol

is this like the ricer days when people overestimated their car power?

Easy way to launder money

Eh most of the time they were actually under-rating them during the horsepower wars up until the 70s.

1. Giant ass engine
2. No emissions equipment
3. Horsepower war at the time
4. High compression

290hp to the wheels

Sounds about right.

>1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda
>0-60 mph 6.3
>Quarter mile 13.9
there's no way a car with 425hp and 500 ft lbs would be putting down times like that. they were fast for their time, but the muscle cars of old would be considered pretty slow by today's standards.

pretty sure the fastest production muscle car of that era was the 71 buick gs stage 1, and those still couldn't even break into the 12s.

Because the miracles of drug companies of which are run by boomers.

>I'm mad at what people with more money than me, do with said money
In 30 years supras, nsxs and shit will be worth a ton too.

425 is probably an exaggeration, but remember those are on ancient tires too. Tech has gotten a lot better.

hp on a dyno has nothing to do with tires nigga

Not really.

Rubber is rubber.

>ford_gt_carcoon.jpg
So is it a car? Or a physical asset retirement account? Fucking Boomers.

Confirmed retard

>implying you wouldn't keep your car just as well kept if it were worth millions

that car is the equivalent of the declaration of independence

>america makes one decent car to beat a stubborn italian
>holy grail

Okay

>if it were worth millions
It's only worth what someone's willing to pay for it. Once the boomers die out that value will come down hard.

>8L V8
>200hp
murrican engineering

the word 'boomer' getting thrown around a lot is fucking torture.

>all that fucking effort
>not filling it with nitrogen
>no easy way to remove

This is rice for autistic boomers. If you're worried about dust get a cover made, what is this bullshit.

Was taking about the E.T. and 0-60.

Doesn't bother me because I personally have little interest in muscle cars.

The E30 M3 becoming stupidly expensive to the point where a well-maintained 325is can sell for $20k? Now that fucking pisses me off.

It doesn't really matter. The seals and o-rings in that car are going to be fucked after years of not running or driving.

just got curious so started reading up a bit on the gs stage 1. found some interesting tidbits:

>In the optional Stage1 trim it was rated** 360 hp (268 kW) and 510 lb·ft (691 Nm) at a low 2800 rpm. As with all American engines produced prior to the 1972 model year, these were SAE gross ratings, which are generally significantly higher than SAE net ratings and are not indicative of what actual production engines produce in their "as installed" condition (with all engine accessories and full exhaust system in place). The fastest magazine test results from this period were obtained by MOTOR TREND Magazine, which managed to extract a 13.38 ET @ 105.5 MPH from their 3,810 pound GS Stage 1 coupe test car.
gross vs net helps explain the high hp numbers these car companies were reporting. different scales than what we use today.

>The December 2004 issue of Musclecar Enthusiast" conducted an engine dynamometer test of a freshly rebuilt and well documented 1970 455 Stage 1 (bored .040" over to 464 cubic inches and minus the power-robbing factory engine fan, air cleaner assembly and mufflers). In that condition and with factory timing and carburetor tuning, the engine produced a maximum of 360.9 HP. Optimal carburetor and ignition tuning yielded a peak HP reading of 381.7 HP - again with no engine fan, air cleaner or mufflers in place. While urban legend would have us believe that these engines made "420 HP from the factory," actual empirical results prove otherwise. Although another dynamometer test on a 1970 Skylark GS Stage I showed 471 SAE gross hp, which is more consistent with the engine producing about 360 SAE net hp.
keep in mind this was the fastest muscle car of the era. 360hp at the crank with zero engine accessories, mufflers, or air cleaner.

I'll be able to do this with my STI one day :')

Huh. I thought it was in general for Plymouth Cudas, if they had hemis, were convertible, and had a 4-speed trans. So by that logic, today's ever dwindling manual transmission cars in a color like green and hand cranked windows will be worth millions?

Who would spend 3.5 million on a old piece of metal

Uhhhh no?

why do anything in life, you fun-sucking soul killer?

Don't forget the cars weighed damn near 4000 pounds. Like this.

>3810 pounds
>360 HP

That gives you a weight to power ratio of around 10.6 LBS/HP. However, you still need an exhaust system, which will sap power away, bringing power to weight ratio even lower.

>50 years from now Veeky Forums will be bidding on civics and Ford STs

its literally nothing special.

Yes and no.

First is that the car has to have street cred and the Hemis have that in spades for the crowd that buy them.

Second thing is that what drives a lot of the top restorations is competition at shows.

Finally, Mopars are one of the most expensive restoration projects there are because of unbelievable rust and poor parts availability for these competition show cars. You aren't winning a trophy at one of these shows with repop parts.

All of these factors have come together to make these muscle era cars as expensive as they are and would largely have to be recreated for late model stuff. Not sure that can happen.

Implying that car will ever be taken to redline or do anything remotely "fun"

Everything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it you dingus. I expect grain will be worthless when we've evolved to break down non-metallic minerals and shale for sustenance.

Completely false. People have a sense of history. Brass Era cars, the good ones, have historical value which people learn about and appreciate. Nobody who originally owned a brass car is alive, and their kids are dead too so there is no "driving with dad" nostalgia about them with current owners, but they are still worth a fortune.

Try again.

Someone who wasn't a tire kicker and knew what the seller had

Well since a poor like you will never own it, why do you care what someone does with their own money? If I want to buy 500 tons of dog food and just stare at it, I will. Because fuck you. You're just projecting your destitute life onto someone else, angry that they aren't as miserable as you are.

"Damned be those who like what I don't like!!! Grrr!!!" Right user?

>odometer status: Burnt

lost it

not the same guy, but
Imagine living a life so devoid of meaning that you find owning items purely for the sake of saying you own them satisfying.
Worse still, imagine being the bootlicking faggot that justifies it as 'they earned the right to do that' nevermind the fact that they actively chose to avoid enjoyable things in life to gain the capital to buy a car and stare at it in a bubble in a garage.
tl;dr read marx faggot

>Ran when parked
>one of a kind
>1 out of 23 in exact combination
>matching numbers
>low miles
>too much to list
>$10,000,000 or will be auctioned, if reserve not met, will be strapped to Space-X rocket and launched to space
>priced AS IS
>no tire kickers
>only used synthetic oil
>joy riders will be prosecuted
>AC blows ice cold!
>Moss green accents

You're still projecting your views on life to others, like it is some sort of gospel. Meaning is subjective. You need to try harder if you are trying to make a good point. You're getting BTFO, unable to justify why it is wrong people like what you don't like.

You're game is weak, bring your A game.

I'm not saying that it's wrong for him to like that, it makes perfect sense for his alienation from society due to power and wealth leading to enjoyment being vastly different from the average person because all enjoyment has become inherently tied to capital, all I'm saying is from an outside perspective it's really, really fucking funny to see people feeling good about owning a thing with no sentimental value to them other than 'it's exceptionally rare and that means it's good'. But like I said, I'm sympathetic to the things that caused that mindset.

>ITT: Pathetic NEET neckbear permavirgin bus riding losers who will never be able to own such a legendary vehicle
LOL, pathetic. Maybe if you moved out of your parent's basement ant got a McJob, you could afford such a luxury.

>By retirement, graduates with bachelor's and advanced degrees can expect to have earned an average total of $1.8 million
just to put this in perspective

> read marx faggot

I used to be a total commie before I realized how stupid I was.
Get a job fag

Also all these people talking out of their ass about classics. Literally car throttle tier shit

were you 14 and thought communism was nationalized healthcare because that's the only way i can honestly see that making sense
also at least Veeky Forums is smart enough to not think old american cars are inherently terrible i'd just massively prefer a shitty ford pinto to a legendary, super expensive car because one i don't feel bad dying in a fireball in

I dont know if this excuses anything, but that car is a "numbers matching" meaning the engine and transmission are original

On top of that, there were only 11 of those cars ever produced in 1971... so maybe the price makes some sense?

wasn't the pinto the car at the center of a lawsuit in the 80s specifically because it would explode into a fireball if it was rear-ended?

why yes, yes it was.
auto.howstuffworks.com/1971-1980-ford-pinto12.htm

that was exactly my point of referencing it instead of some other shit car

I was in college and thought Lenin was gods gift to mankind and the death figures were capitalist propaganda.
After college I realized that capitalism is the only system that works.

I would rather die in a pinto than live in a supercar

oh okay, you were a retarded tankie that thought the USSR was the best thing to happen to the world that does also work

it is still looking down on them.

being sympathetic to them is the equivalent of them being sympathetic to poor folks who cant live life in the way they see best and the things that caused their mindsets that end in them being poor faggots, and finding it funny cause their views seem so odd is awful similar to getting enjoyment in having rare shit that other folks cant have, theyre both mindsets entirely based in looking down on other folks and their lifestyles and decisions.

unfortunately i totally agree with you and also find it funny/am sympathetic towards them, but i at least realize that i am a faggot for doing so.

just cause it seems like the best weve had so far doesnt mean its the best.

but im not a commie faggot that thinks itll work, im a commie faggot that thinks communism needs some serious revision before its worth trying again.

You're nothing but a deluded dipshit who should off themselves.

Communism will never work buddy 4 years of political science with commie profs made me realize this.
>realized poli sci was a meme too late and am now doing econ.

so its like dubs
and shiny pokemon trading cards

>Move into house owned by the British equivalent of boomers.
>Pristine 'classics' in hermetic temperature controlled storage in garage.
>Massive unused inspection pit 'oh, we get a man to do the work on our cars'.
>Now I use it to maintain fucked Ladas.

Such is life in the zone ect ect..

It's funny when I watch these auctions with my dad. He would trade cars with friends every year or sell one and just get another. Mach 1 mustang, Cuda, Duster, Firebird, ect. It seems like in the 60s and 70s muscle cars were just handed out like because of how inexpensive they were.

get used to get gramps

>$3.5 mil for a landbarge.

You're a fucking moron.

Some guy at my college has an e30 m3 that isn't maintained at all. I can't wait to scoop up my neighbors pristine e36 when he finally decides to upgrade

>510 lb·ft (691 Nm) at a low 2800 rpm

wow

>tfw drag racing my dodge demon on Nankang NS2s

you lied to me user

You forgot
>no lowballers, I know what I got!

>It seems like in the 60s and 70s muscle cars were just handed out like because of how inexpensive they were.
I know, right?! It's *almost* like people are paying millions for mass-produced factory items! Isn't that just crazy!?

tfw you will never take that car out of its bubble and speed away

Who the freak goes by weight/power. Use specific power you goof ball.

>Mopar
Ftfy

>Veeky Forums complains about MUH BOOMERS selling cars that have a pedigree and are a part of history for outrageous prices all the while miatas and civic prices are skyrocketing because people "know what they got" and they "don't make them like this anymore"
It's called let the boomers spends millions of dollars on on a numbers matching original only 2 with that code 60s muscle car while anyone who wants that same car but dosent car about the collector bullshit goes out and finds the same one for a couple grand

I would be more pissed at boomers if our generation is shelling out 400 dollars a pop for fucking n64's.

stupid know no generation

Muscle car era power figures are not accurate. They are in SAE Gross. Which means it was measure under optimal conditions, and not as is in the car. So you can shave at least 25 percent off.

Ladas are cool tho

>he doesn't measure cars by their power/weight ratio
wew

Fucking hate that shit.

My RX8 is dying an honorabu death with miles under its wheels and rust on its sills. Going to work with a boot full of tools, or around a racetrack.... with a boot full of tools

And one in the driver's seat.

>Where were you when the car hobby died in a boomer infused hell?
On the backroads, pushing my 86 hard.

>moss green accents
sides

>tfw to smart

>he thinks europe had anything better for the everyman.

Ferraris, Lambos and Astons were just as far out of reach for the wagecuck as gthey are today. and american cars of the era would demolish anything in their price range from across the pond.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Logic machine broke senpai

Could be worse, you could be the auctioneer with a cracked voice trying to sell the batmobile.

youtu.be/TNIpjHy7500

theres plenty of classic cars that are still cheap, just because its not a boomer meme car doesn't mean its not good.

what do you expect, it almost 50 years old

rich people in Europe had cars with 50 hp

N64's cost about $30