Wargames General /wgg/

>What is this?
A general for all strategic, operational, and tactical wargames that can't generate enough traffic to sustain their own generals. ARMA need not apply.

>Old thread
>Attention Grabbing tags:
/wgg/ /sdg/ /rtt/ /rts/ /rtsg/ /tsg/ /mowg/ /mowassg/ /ctag/

>Example welcome games:
Steel Division: Normandy 44
Wargame: Red Dragon
Combat Mission
Call to Arms
Flashpoint Campaigns
Graviteam Tactics
Theatre of War
Men of War
Command: Modern Air Naval Operations
Armored Brigade
Close Combat
Steel Panthers MBT
CMANO

>Introduction to Steel Division:
paradoxplaza.com/steel-division-player-guide/

>Graviteam Downloads:
pastebin.com/TwMLZQ6h
pastebin.com/cgWbuPSS

>Interesting history links:
Cold War military technology ads:
vintageadbrowser.com/military-ads-1980s
/wgg/ misc Cold War literature:
mediafire.com/download/zfm69f0k91pmf0y/wgg-lit-v1.3.rar
The Soviet Army: troops, organization & equipment
fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm100-2-3.pdf
USMC intelligence North Korea handbook:
fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nkor.pdf
Everything there is to know about the T-62:
thesovietarmourblog.blogspot.my/2015/12/t-62.html

>Steamgroups:
We should really make a new steamgroup, the old ones were bloated and far too WG focused.

>Teamspeak server
ts3.nogf.moe

>Legacy Wargame General pasta and game-info repository:
pastebin.com/70Nwcb5m
dropbox.com/s/lon0cgmjfqwq1oi/WargameRD_Hidden_Knowledge_Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0
docs.google.com/document/d/1UvBiH3lrCFzLYnRzNzF49yVtaNHYLfi7dgMpNE517RM/
>Mius Front Link:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9C_KBrk6cmCcTBmN0lqNG9ocVE/view

Other urls found in this thread:

skidrowreloaded.com/syrian-warfare-hi2u/
youtube.com/watch?v=HIDi07qQNZk
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/steel-divisions-balance-…-but-seriously.1013367/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So I'm thinking about grabbing syrian warfare. Anyone know what/where the latest piratable version is and if i can run it with my set up? My CPU is Q9650 and my GPU is a gt730.

Please someone help me save my data(im poor af right now) and give us a link to torrent that isnt shit please! All the ones im seeing are making me nervous with the comment section and i dont wanna waste my precious shit posting phone data...

You probably can, it's not the greatest looking game of all time. I forgot where i got my pirated version.

When are we going to talk about secret documents and history again?

bamp

was it here

skidrowreloaded.com/syrian-warfare-hi2u/ if not do u think u could up your torrent to mega or someting user?

Sooooo can i play as isis or assad in syrian warfare? is there a skirmish mode?

>also i relaly want them to post more info about iron harvest 1920 the art style so far looks pretty gud

*BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPP*

"i think allies are OP" t. FUCKING SHITTER KILL YOURSELF

Who are you quoting?

no one just asking a question about sw. are there any mods for it yet? it at least needs a skirmish mode ffs

youtube.com/watch?v=HIDi07qQNZk

I just want to say the op image is a e s t h e t i c as fuck

I'm new to SD, been playing mostly as 3rd armoured so far. What the hell am I meant to do with all these half tracks, pretty much everything I call in seems to come with one. I try to use them in conjunction with my infantry for fire support but I just end up with so many of them I end up leaving them behind which seems like a waste.

Are UGCW /wgg/?

Fuck off, Mosque.

>commission
why

What the fuck is your problem sperg?

If you've played Wargame: Treat them like you'd treat IFVs.

The M3 Halfrack is the BMP-2 of Steel Division.
It makes up a full 50% of the price of some of your infantry so you need to get the most use out of it as possible.
Use it to dick on enemy infantry and suppress their light open topped vehicles, use them to probe enemy lines and flush out recon teams, use their great speed to outflank slower enemy units by speeding down roads and attacking enemy positions from the other side whilst your infantry engage from the front.

As the US 3AD your Phase A riflemen are not that great against other infantry due to their lack of an MG or SMGs, thankfully the halftrack is there to help. If it stays at range it's more or less invulnerable to return fire from infantry, so it should be following alongside or behind your infantry as they advance, ready to pepper any infantry that you encounter with MG fire. When the enemy infantry are suppressed you can move in with your rifles to finish the job or make the enemy surrender.

what? nothing just looking for some advice you nog lord

who knows. weebs n shieet

Go fuck yourself

To be fair the Churchill AVRE with 20 front armor in phase A is kinda ridiculous and is probably the only reason why 12th SS has the Firefly in phase A.

As Luftlande the AVRE (and other Churchills) are incredibly annoying because you got very little that can properly deal with them other than the panzerknacker, which is very vulnerable to British spitfires.

A lot of the balance issues could ultimately be solved by removing the Churchill AVRE from phase A which would mean 12th SS Panzer no longer needs to get the firefly in phase A which would improve things massively for the 3rd armored in return.

I noticed that people that think allies are too weak have played very little with/against the Scots against/with Luftlande while people that think Axis is underpowered probably have fought very little against the 3rd Armored and mostly against the 15th infantry.

The balance is probably like 15th Infantry>12th SS Panzer>3rd Armored>=91th Luftlande right now. I only played 1v1 with a little bit of 2v2 so I'm not going to talk about how stuff is in larger team games.

People complaining about the 3rd Armored while playing 12th SS are silly. With luftlande Jumbos can become annoying late game but aren't nearly as bad as the Phase A AVRE.

A lot of balance issues will sort themselves out in time when more divisions are added to the game. These things won't be such a huge deal when it's not the case that 50% of Axis divisions have a Firefly.

the avre I can deal with but the m3 spam is insane, you cannot counter it with anything as luftlande.

if you're not opening the game with a spam of Pak 36s, you're doing it wrong

The light Pak gun has a high ROF which makes them quite effective against halftracks on open maps to my experience. For closer range engagements you get panzerschreks though munition has been an issue in my games.

that does not matter you might have 3 or 6 pieces of those 36s but the enemy has 9 m3s that all suppress your shit into oblivion

I've found that doesn't happen, the Pak kills the lead M3 and all it's pals behind it poo themselves in terror whilst the Pak uses 15rpm to tear them a new one.

The luftlande is harder to play but imo they actually have an easier time dealing with an AVRE (the plane with the 75mm and i haven't seen many players go for a phase A fighter)
main problem for luftlande is the lack of good AT guns.
I've never seen the AVRE deal much damage, thing has very short range and doesn't get ap shells, not really that threatening outside of a town and not very hard to get a close range kill/scare away.

The people i'm triggered by actually are playing SS and they're whining about panthers being too weak.

>tfw no good space wargames

do you imagine them as normal wargames with a space skin?

Call to arms is shit af mane

Does steel division have driect control mode kinda thingy?

>Does steel division have driect control mode kinda thingy?
No, it's a like a smaller scale and mechanically refined Wargame. It's not like MoW.
The scale of the battles can be seen in this screenshot, albeit from a replay.

No, you control units by giving orders just like in the classic RTS games.

Thanks m80.

Does the same apply to 12th SS as I see most of their infantry is also mechanised.

I guess a lot more micro is involved when compared to using the Scots infantry then?

oh cool. this might sound a bit nitpicky of me but is something bothersme so does SD have a collision system? AKA if a tank stops in middle of a road it blocks it? Or is it more like in COH where tanks and stuff can basically occupy the same space while they try and navigate around each other? What happens if a tank bumps into a halftrack or something will it squash it?

What about infantry is there a squad system like in CoH or is it more like command n conquers "each dude is a unit" style?

>if a tank stops in middle of a road it blocks it?
Yep.
>Or is it more like in COH where tanks and stuff can basically occupy the same space while they try and navigate around each other?
Nope.
>What happens if a tank bumps into a halftrack or something will it squash it?
No clue. I should look into this.
>What about infantry is there a squad system like in CoH
Yep.

>Does the same apply to 12th SS as I see most of their infantry is also mechanised.
They're very similar yes, but the SS Panzer Grens are much better at fighting infantry on their own due to them having SMGs and 2 MGs per squad.

>oh cool. this might sound a bit nitpicky of me but is something bothersme so does SD have a collision system?
It does, but units will never really bump into each other save when convoying down a road together. The scale is just too big.

>What happens if a tank bumps into a halftrack or something will it squash it?
Nope, but if it's an enemy halftrack it would be long dead before it got to that range.

>What about infantry is there a squad system like in CoH or is it more like command n conquers "each dude is a unit" style?
You can see in the screenshot, infantry are squads, vehicles are individuals.

>tfw no friend to play with
Do we have a group?

what is this shit

even the availability is the same

death to planefags

To be fair, coh tanks only phase through eachother half of the time.

You're not playing wargame anymore, there are no mixed decks, no coalitions.
This means that asymmetrical balance can actually be a thing.

>when the rts factions aren't literally the same

Not to mention the minor details that POINT INCOME IS DIFFERENT FOR EACH DIVISION so direct point cost comparisons make no sense.

I dunno, "balanced asymmetrically in favor of the better deck" sounds a lot like wargame to me

How do we fix Pz4s?

go back in time and make them not trash in reality

it makes even less sense in that context, 12. SS has more income in the phase that comes in.

Well the left one isn't strictly Pareto superior.

Why do I need to download Steel Division when all I want is Steel Battalion?

Not much you can do historically. I do feel bad for the Panzer 4 H though as it was really nice, just overshadowed by the more popular panthers and tigers.

Push high tier tanks to phase C so we can have a phase B with pzIV, sherman and churchills duking it out.

this would really be best. as is, there's no reason not to just skip the B mediums and start spawning jumbos and panthers.

eugene never learned that "you only get 1 or 2" isn't a good enough limiter when you only have the points to buy a few tanks per phase anyway.

>steam forums are full of wehraboos whining about jumbos and actually thinking the panthers are underpowered

this is too perfect

you are like a little baby, watch THIS
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/steel-divisions-balance-…-but-seriously.1013367/

Post more SD memes

>saw a guy complaining that the 76mm sherman could pen the panther from the front.
Gives me a fucking aneurysm reading this shit.

nice falseflag amerilard

Seems interesting so far. I got another super nit picky question though do units have voices like in coh?

Yeah, but not specific to the tank in particular afaik, only the unit class and language.
So all recce infantry have the same voice, all infantry transports, all tanks etc etc etc

Yes. No Italian voice though, the Axis all speak German.

Allies get British and American voices. Not sure about the French.

how do i get good at SD. I never got to get good get at wargame since when I bought I was to late to the party and the game was already dying

they do, they're not amazing but they beat red dragon's at least

and I'm pretty sure there's a kelly's heroes reference in the american tank lines

I like how RD Chinese voices are all Chinese memes.

Eugen would never neglect the french like that.

Howling

How varied are they? is it "sure thing sir" when everythings quiet and then the same "sure thing sir" when all hell is breaking loose around them or does it change to a scream or "we're getting our asses kicked" kinda line? Must seem totally nit picky to some players but this stuff just irks me when its done terribly.

>macabre

ree

>German profile pic
>Wittman

>wittman killed a lot of dudes so his tank was the best!

Yeah it totally wasn't the fact that he made his kills in an urban setting with a very experienced and highly trained crew against an unprepared adversary.

naziboos might actually be the most hilariously bitchy "people" on the fucking planet

god, I hope eugene never gives in to these screaming retards

Has to be a troll, right?

Nope, just look at the rest of that thread. It's all like that.

All the Germans clapped when Wittmann came back

>he stood there a while shooting all and everthing in range befor bailing out

So you know;)

Dude just fucking watch a video or something

It keeps getting worse

>MUH PANTHER

What if the Jumbo's frontal AV was 19 instead of 21?

What if Wheraboos weren't completely retarded?

>find fresh wehraboo whine thread.
>scroll through to the end to make a l2p comment.
>last minute, notice i already made one.
lmao, the only way to deal with these people is derision.

You'd see just as much whining and the Jumbo would be cheaper.

>Has literally never heard of the Battle of Arracourt

why do people whine about the jumbos? they cannot survive a 4 JU88s with a 1000 kg of bombs so who cares

When?

Is M5 AT worth taking as yankees? Only 1000m range and only 11 AP. Doesn't even have HE.

rheinwiesen mission to starve nazisubhumans when?

Yes, do you think you're going to put tanks on all your flanks early game?

>Jagdpanther

rip Jumbo dreams

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY AIRBOURNE DECK

I WANT TO FUCKING PARACHUTE FILTHY MERICAN PIGS DOWN ON SHITTY FRENCH VILLAGE AND WATCH GERMAN GAJIN SURROUND AND BUTCHER THEM!