/ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station

AI Holograms edition

Last Thread:
Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>New trialmins (Dragonbro and Bobda, Goldsteel, Xevonix and RFultra were denied)
>Nuke returns as admin
>MrPain promises to make an attack animations poll

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz

fucking remove dragonbro

just remove him

Lets kick off this thread right.
>post the best valid you've collected

what has he done for him to be so hated?

He's anti-sawbones
Sawbones and pals are shitposting about him

go figure

I like this thread.

See, this is what I hate about most the anti-RP crowd: Any time that someone proclaims that they want more roleplay people immediately assume they want autistic Bay levels of RP where people need to emote doing even basic actions such as pressing a button or they get banned. No. The medium RP crowd doesn't want that. The reason why we don't go to Bay is because Bay has TOO MUCH roleplay: They put the roleplay first and the game second, rather than other way around as it should be (and as opposed to the light/no RP crowd that wants to put the game first and make roleplay optional or completely absent). It's like it's impossible to have a middleground, and that if you don't like one extreme then it must mean that you like the opposite extreme instead, which is not the case.

We just want people to put more effort in getting immersed. No, it does not mean you should have to type out three sentences every time you want to point a gun at people. No, it does not mean that admins should police everything you do and tell you how to play your own character. It simply means to pretend that you're an actual human being in an actual sci-fi setting with a job on a deep space research facility, and act accordingly. Rather than treat this game as some valid-hunting sandbox with a light space station flavor.

I do, however, acknowledge that not everyone plays this game for the purpose of roleplay. There's nothing inherently WRONG with wanting to treat this game as a valid-hunting sandbox, but everyone plays this game for different reasons. That guy earlier was right in pointing out there is a massive rift in player interests on this server and at some point we're gonna have to sit down and discuss what direction this server should go in, whether it's more of a roleplay focus or more of a gamist space-mafia focus. There's nothing wrong with liking the latter, but don't be surprised when the people who prefer more roleplay try to stand up for that.

other admins voted against him being in

Some retarded chick who lased the CMO to death in surgery 5 minutes into a round. I just pushed her over when she came into the recovery room, took her gun and blasted her, bagged and tagged, and went on with my work.
It was weird not really feeling anything while I did that aside from it just being part of the job.

This thread is now bullshit.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

you think I'm going to read that giant wall of text?

cause I'm not.

>if I repost the argument in a different thread and try to make it look like pasta it will make people take it less seriously

I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly.
I don't want /me breathes in, I just want people to not act like they're playing a videogame with an objective/win condition.

>probe responds to xevonix's app seriously, professionally, and reasonably
>xevonix proceeds to pitch a shitfit and completely ignore the fact that everything Probe said was right, proving everything Probe said right in the process
As someone who actually likes Xevonix, I gotta say that's fucking sad.

>as someone who actually likes xevonix
now we all know thats a lie

>probe brings up a ban from over 2 years ago
>"sorry kiddo you are a stain on the community :^)"

>go into hive last night
>suddently start getting radiation damage
>rush to medical after getting healed up by a doctor
>make myself some Arithrazine
>inject 10 units
>suddently my flesh starts falling off of my bones
>jump into cryo to sort it out
>it never stops
>after 10 minutes in cryo get out and pretty much instantly die from brute damage
>someone tries to clone me
>husked
>turned out that I had 50 internal bleedings all over my body, but strangely enough full blood
fucking hell, next time I'm going diona

where are the multipliers for internal bleeding coming from? I had like 4 on my leg and it broke.
or have I just not been aware of it existing always?

>xevonix is intelligent, nihlistic and has a wicked sense of humor
>probe acts like a child

>that post
But that's not what Probe posted.
Probe rightly said that Xevonix does not have the temperament to deal with wrangling a bunch of begrudging, autistic manchildren, and he's completely right on that; Xevonix flips his shit on a fucking hair trigger, that's not admin material.

nah im talking about the other faggot goldsteel

what do you mean by this?

Probe's lawyer speak on the forums is megagay

remember to deport all non-white crew out the nearest airlock

DOUBLE JEPORADY

tfw I started the double jeopardy meme during the caralash debacle

fuck of deadpool

not him, but yeah fuck him

post the bartender meme story

bartender meme story?

is this the bay bartender story you want?

See, this is what I hate about most the anti-RP crowd: Any time that someone proclaims that they want more roleplay people immediately assume they want autistic Bay levels of RP where people need to emote doing even basic actions such as pressing a button or they get banned. No. The medium RP crowd doesn't want that. The reason why we don't go to Bay is because Bay has TOO MUCH roleplay: They put the roleplay first and the game second, rather than other way around as it should be (and as opposed to the light/no RP crowd that wants to put the game first and make roleplay optional or completely absent). It's like it's impossible to have a middleground, and that if you don't like one extreme then it must mean that you like the opposite extreme instead, which is not the case.

We just want people to put more effort in getting immersed. No, it does not mean you should have to type out three sentences every time you want to point a gun at people. No, it does not mean that admins should police everything you do and tell you how to play your own character. It simply means to pretend that you're an actual human being in an actual sci-fi setting with a job on a deep space research facility, and act accordingly. Rather than treat this game as some valid-hunting sandbox with a light space station flavor.

I do, however, acknowledge that not everyone plays this game for the purpose of roleplay. There's nothing inherently WRONG with wanting to treat this game as a valid-hunting sandbox, but everyone plays this game for different reasons. That guy earlier was right in pointing out there is a massive rift in player interests on this server and at some point we're gonna have to sit down and discuss what direction this server should go in, whether it's more of a roleplay focus or more of a gamist space-mafia focus. There's nothing wrong with liking the latter, but don't be surprised when the people who prefer more roleplay try to stand up for that.

>[10:13:07]ADMIN: Xevonix/(Yahir Kepplinger) projects his mind towards (believed:Ashe Mallory/actual:Blitzikaze/(Ashe Mallory): Eat shit and maximize those suit sensors.

This is your potential admin for the day

>potential admin
lmao don't count on it

I see nothing wrong with this. People without maxed suit sensors need to eat shit and max their suit sensors, or else stop fucking haunting us when they die with their sensors off.

>yahir will never draw your static

They can't keep getting away with this

Perfect.

>Unironically watching the Expanse

LUL

hi guys, is there a way to refill a fire extinguisher with chems ? i saw a dude that used it with that sleeping substance once, and with acid. using a beaker on it seems not to work.

DRAMA
IN
SPACE

>tfw yahir drew my static but I lost it in a hard drive failure

Why the fuck do every alien movie ends with xenomorphs being spaced, it's not fair,

The context of the message was that Ashe refused to max their suit sensors all round, and when I went up and started manually turning them up on them once I found them on my way to cargo they told a sec officer I molested them then bombed medbay because they were a traitor. I got cloned and they taunted me and tried to kill me with space hypothermia memes and when I was saved and taken away they wound up missing the shuttle and getting presumably damaged because they were stuttering complaining that they missed the shuttle.

whats your ic name?

frank bickerson

>forcing people to max suit sensors when it isn't code red
You should kill yourself, if they want to play with their life that's their choice.

to allow my crew to potentially put their lives at risk out of some personal decision doesnt sit well with me as CMO
i just like to make sure no ones dying is all

ayy thanks xen

It might not sit well but you still can't force them to max them outside of code red.

Actually on code blue suit sensors and enforced.

nobody actually cares though because nobody roleplays

Maxing is still not mandatory on code blue. They just have to be on in general.

GUYS!
GUYS!
REMOVE BIRBS!

>he forces people to max sensors
>he unironically wants to live in 1984

>he applies for admin twice with great sincerity and is rejected completely

lmao

all i get from the first half of this greentext is this guy sucks dick at improvising

You talking about RFultra?

Anyone have a beginner's guide to lifeweb?

Roundstart ghouls when?

LIFEWEB IS NOT SS13

FUCK OFF TO YOUR CONTAINMENT DISCORD

it's called the fucking wiki and then learn shit while you play

lifeweb wiki is laughable

it's enough to start. you dont need the entire game explained to you its very simple

Hi, I dunno who said this, but Ryetalin works just fine, I'd argue it's superior to an injector(not that Ryetalin's effect is better, it just is easier to mass produce and make in general)

the piano has been drinking..

can we ban amari gay from heads already?

Could we rename ghouls so I can at least try to convince myself that they're not just fallout references

ghouls aren't fallout exclusive monsters you know
also ghouls were added? since when and what do they do?

No, actual fallout ghouls were added. You become one by doing some shit with the new radiation changes. Right now I think they're immune to radiation (maybe healed by it?). I'm not quite sure what their pros/cons are outside of that.

>Station Time: 15:15

What happens if a round lasts 24 hours

does it return to station time 12:00 or does it go to 36:00?

thats a good question, might want to consult the code for that

on vore code it just goes to 0000 after 2400

who /comfy/ that round?

autism survival space room 13.

Self lubing shoes is one of the best symptoms.
It's either that or Kingston syndrome which is the most fun imo.

Jesus, that round was awful.
>Ion law
>%%%@. Ion damage critical, mineral sheets must be thrown into the singularity while wearing worn bio suits and assistants wearing helmets must be stalked, otherwise no pinpointers must be located within the Pod Bay
>some shitter says to hide the mats
>Starts fucking spaceing them
>tell a borg to kill him
>BWIONK
>tell a borg to arrest him
>set up the PA and get the sheets there
>ask the borgs if they can set up the field generators
>thank fuck, they can
>tell borgs to pop it while standing on the biohood
>Spend the rest of the time searching out material sheets
>Have three left, singulo shrinks to stage one
>PA can't reach it and it isn't sucking the sheets over the field
>drop the field
>Mats get thrown in
>turn emmiters back on
>It looses
>BWIONK
>Singulo explodes and disappears (???)
>other shittery
>Vines loose in escape
>lube in escape
>Extended

I've never seen greytide to the extent that it was last round

TIL the AME fuel is antimatter, which apparently causes the singulo to explode on contact

I can only imagine that it's because today is a holiday, so the Normaunds/NEET ratio has been thrown out of balance

damn near every single assistant was arrested at least twice

ion law is greater than law 1, who bwoinked you for saying to kill the greyshit?

Dragonbro
Worse yet, I was on NT default
Also RIP SAUSAGE best borgo I could ask for taken too soon by lord singulo

You were a very good NT default AI

put it in his feedback desu, literally nothing wrong with your actions

if someone gathers the correct logs I would peanut post myself

>sausage
>best borg
This is how I can tell you're a shitter.

this honestly, day 1 and hes bwoinking people incorrectly, tut tut

whats wrong with sausage?

Did anyone end up finding the WGW machine?

the one dragobro spaced?

I guess, I had to go do other things before the round ended. Did he do it as an admin or player?

>getting upset over borg tier listing
All borgs are shit.

>oh hell yeah wizard finally get to do my gimmick
>it's ragin so i can't summon magic x4 and one point on blink
>go meme build instead

I don't disagree with this statement, but Sausage is extra shit.

Arithrazine causes very serious internal damage and/or bleeding, 1 unit is dangerous enough and removes all radiation from you, 10 units is begging for an organ smashing.

>just wanna play a game of dota seven
>your AM rushes dagon

I feed patients 5u all the time and nothing bad happens. I'm pretty skeptical about this.