/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Didn't know about Jester Thomas either
>Pontiff arena screenshots
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75840229419686666

>Patch 1.13
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75840229415620604

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

GREATEST CLUB

someone should make this for the "show your humanity" puzzle

What's a large dex weapon that scales really well? Not ultragreatswords

So where do frost and firemagic fit in with the good vs evil

Postan

every CGS

murakumo and carthus curved gs are good, carthus gs also looks really nice which is a bonus

pcfcbf

Dark Souls card game when

unless they changed it in the patch, vanilla greataxe is very strong sharp

how did you manage to post this in the wrong general two threads in a row

>LKLS just for the poise

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

>Chameleon needs 20 fucking INT
>You need to do an NPC quest to get it
>You can't buy infinite branches
Jesus Christ. It's such a silly spell, why make it so hard to get?

>>You can't buy infinite branches
Yes you can, you give the crone the Xanthous Ashes for them. You just can't hold more than 10 at a time.

it's ok, you posted this TWICE in the wrong thread anyway, we will remember this shame of yours, sudoku is the only option now.

>You can't buy infinite branches
Yes you can?

It also looks cool

Fucking idiot

Well fuck. Too early in the morning for this multiple-vg-tabs-open shit apparently, my bad.

DS card game would be pretty rad though.

This is why we can't have more than nine deck slots

this looks like a really good way to get (you)s

?

kek, based angle, cursing in just the right moment

>hosts and their buttbuddies just rush and tank the angel arrows now
Dregheap is now shit.

>poise stacking against a greathammer

I'm so so SO fucking happy they nerfed the shit out of giant seed and summoner class hosts. I can actually do meta level DLC2 invasions regularly now. When I first played through the DLC2 I knew the swamp was going to be a fantastic area to invade because of the poison and especially because of the gatling gun angels. But before the patch literally everyone would just insta-pop seed making invading that shit fucking impossible. Now I can actually have fun using the angel to fuck up or at least trap newbies.

new best OP pic

Broasting

Apparently the summon cooldown is literally less than 1 minute. If you let the host escape, he'll still summon again no matter what.

read the rules

It depends on how many phantoms he has. I think the max is like 8 minutes, if you kill 4 phantoms.

what a garbage fucking meme
kill yourself furfaggot

summoners can still pull infinite phantoms, it only blocks them from summoning the SAME PERSON and the cd isnt even very high, especially when you account for permanent rolling away

Speaking of Chameleon, i've just gotten to the Cathedral of the Deep and i killed Yoel. Will there still be a Pilgrim in Irithyll to kill Anri?

I seriously don't understand why the angels were nerfed
It was a challenging area, but if you looked your surrounding you could take cover and plan a route to avoid the angels as much as possible
It only punished idiots running in the open since the angels are stronger the more you stay in their field of vision

They don't give you a free win anymore but they still help a shitload against gankers, if you want free wins invade at the archer place with a greatbow

Praise the...moon???

Here you go

I'm 3-0 naked with Caestus in Undead Match. Beat another naked dude with a shotel and a heavy armored PUG user with no to minimal damage. Lat ude had shotel and pyromancy and I won with a sliver of health left.

Did the owner of that dog take that picture after the DLC or was this before Gael was even a thing?

>finally load up trc
>get through the first area
>get to demon bats
>has absolutely nothing to do with anything i just did

Is this gonna be the theme of the DLC? That fight was pretty lame desu.

Anyone on ps4 need help with anything?

The cooldown varies based on the number of summons the host has and the number that have already died that session.
A phantom also has an internal cooldown of something like 4 minutes where they can't be resummoned by the same host after dying. 9/10 times, 'summoner' hosts are using passworded fuccbuddies so that cooldown ruins them.

yes, things making absolutely zero sense is how it works

Did you notice how the first part of the dreg heap had nothing to do with the next part, and how the part after that had nothing to do with either o the previous ones?
The whole point of the dreg heap is a little bit of everything smashed together with no overarching structure, because the world has literally collapsed in on itself.

Repostan because no replies in the previous thread
What is better, Lightning Stake or Lightning Storm? I'm at 60 fth

>the lore is that the lore doesn't matter anymore
>t-time is convoluted xD
Ok I like the idea of Dark Souls' lore but fuck me this is really bad

Who knows time is convoluted after all.

Took another one for autism purposes (trying to center the moon)

The point is to show off fashion you fucking retards

>literally the end of the world
>areas from Lothric, Drangleic, and Lordran all smashed together because the world is collapsing in on itself.

Honestly I think the best part of this DLC is it being the place from the opening cutscene. Only Firelink Shrine and the Kiln really had that "end of the world all is ash" theme going for it, but this was really nice.

Why did from nerf both gargoyle and dragonslayer spears? Where they that strong?

No there won't

Yes.

>get a flat, circular arena
>it's the eye piercing blue pontiff crap
why

That would have been amazing if they has smushed up lava areas against grass or water like areas or something like that. What we got was pretty meh.

Stake for 1v1
Storm in groups

Gargoyle was. Not sure Dragonslayer deserved it

Gargoyle was the best wep in the game along with washingpole. As for dragon, I'm not sure.

>High wall
>Grand archives
>Lothric and a bit of high wall again
>Earthen peak
>Firelink shrine
I like it

This is the Emerald Herald. Say something nice about her.

Can't spell Shanalotte without anal

She's not quite butt ugly, only close to it.

cutest firekeeper

dragonslayer did not deserve a 70 fucking ar loss
fuck flame spear and everybody that uses it though, i dont know how anybody with eyes can handle it being on their screen

Worst level up waifu in the second best hub area.

Tongue but hole

Which weapons have weapon arts that allow me to BLOW people THE FUCK OUT? I wanna invade in Carthus and annoy the fuck out of people.

Hey I was wondering if someone could "surrogate" for my fashion?
I really want to be in the collage but I don't have access to my PC at the moment.

If someone could take a screenshot for me of:
>Cathedral Knight Helm
>Dragonscale Armor
>Wolf Knight Gauntlet
>Lorian's Leggings
>Wolf Knight Greatsword
>Wolf Knight Greatshield

I know this is kinda autism but could one of you wonderful faggots please help a dude out? I don't care where you take it, just please gimme a hand if you could?

Nice blog

>Only just realized END gives you defense
>SL 125 pyromancer with 9 END
>Been getting 3shot by everything despite being in relatively heavy armor with FAP and Steel Protection +3

And now I have to go to NG+3 to dump my useless Dex so I can get some Endurance.

She's nice

Tongue but hole

Demons greataxe

Honestly for magic I just go for the cancer 150 meta.

You can go to 140-something if you want to stomp 120 faggots.

try a faith glass canon with the new arrow

Storm is so slow and obvious you probably won't hit people often, but you can use it as your last spell to safely get a sip in
Stake is hard to tell the difference from Spear so it's good for tricking people into trying to roll around you and smashing them

As someone who never uses magic but just plays against it, I think you've got more potential with Stake

Just a heads up that Caestus are viable in PvP.

That's kinda nice but I'm trying to keep in around SL35.

What the fuck are you retards doing with your builds that you need to go to 140 to gain more than base endurance ?

Please post your builds so we can ridicule you.

Weapons that have WAs which are stronger than normal should be weaker in raw damage as a result. They should be balanced to rely on their WA, the unique thing that gives their weapon identity, over the standard attacks every weapon in their class shares.

The Splitleaf Greatsword has an amazing weaponart, but is the shortest glaive by a wide margin, and outranged even by some regular greatswords. That's a good tradeoff, it forces more reliance on the unique, identity-defining aspect of the weapon.

GFS and DSS both have very, very powerful unique WAs on top of having excellent reach. Even with the nerf to AR, both of these weapons still deal more damage with their WA than any equivalent spear. They should be weaker as straight up R1/running attack machines to push players more towards taking advantage of the thing that makes these weapons unique. If the weaponart itself isn't good enough to carry that role, then the weapon art is the thing that should be receiving buffs, not the standard R1s that it shares with every other weapon in its class.

you can do it at level 40

couldn't allow DLC weapons to have ranged counters that would be unfair

I had a SL20 DGA build a while ago. Just had to rush the Knight ring from Lothric Castle. There's absolutely no reason you couldn't wield it at 35.

I honestly don't know about them, but 30 Vig, 30 Att, 20 End, 40/40 Int/Fai, and a Vit/Str/Dex spread to get whatever fashion or weapons you want works at around 120~125ish.

>worst
>second best

Both of these things are GOAT

>30 vig

It's like you want to die in 3 hits.

30 to 40 vig is what an extra 200 hp?

You shouldn't be trading hits as a caster in the 1st place.

Fists are underrated.
Demon's Fist and Caestus are absolute top-tier if you learn how to overcome the range. If you get into range and get into an L1 combo it's pretty hard to break out with minimal damage. Demon's Fist has the most damage. The claws are a bit shittier, except maybe crow talons since the WA is absolutely crazy if you actually manage to connect, and Manikin Claws just for the quickstepping. Once you learn how to get into range (running L1 and running R2 are great for this) you can quick ass because the DPS is fucking ridiculous, and every fucking attack combos.

If you're still here, then I'd really appreciate it if you'd help me mule some weapons and armor onto a new character.

>dying in 3 hits and being actually fucking good caster
vs
>dying in 4 hits and being a shit caster

Really hard choice, especially since you shouldn't ever get into that situation, nor should you be trading hits.

enjoy getting parried

>dex faggot build
>maximum edgy black hood and cape armor
>hair over one eye, scar over one eye, different colored pupils
>not one, not two, but count'em THREE katanas
>walk slowly even when dueling
>always point down and duel bow after scoring a kill
>character's name is Leave me alone

I'm so proud of this edgy motherfucker, I just can't stop grinning like a shit eating retard every time I go online with him