/ndg/ - NieR/Drakenguard General #60

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

with a teaspoon of despair edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>[Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc]
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q
PASSWORD=hikaru

English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Nier:Automata Save Editor:
Python script:
dropbox.com/s/p9539mxoe2lyi5s/N_A_editor.py?dl=0
Executable:
dropbox.com/s/jt2gs9ou1nhxhfc/N_A_editor.exe?dl=0

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

christianpost.com/news/nier-automata-dlc-update-latest-news-no-meaningful-dlcs-due-to-budget-constraints-says-game-director-178264/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

2B9S cutest lewdest couple.

I bought the No pants 9S and the Pod upgrade trophies

Name one character more fucked than Emil.

Brother Nier literally[\spoiler]

"Good morning my love~"

brother Nier a shit, daddy Nier is obviously the canon iteration.

Why didn't you let 9S run around with no pants on?

>Ywn be a defender model YoRHa
>Ywn sit on some backwater supply dump in the middle of the desert
>Ywn have your only friend and companion be your cute Operator
>Ywn get to invite her down only for the Backdoor to open
>Ywn detonate your boxes while embracing to leave this fucked world

But the no pants trophy is really easy. Just don't use transporter or get it before transporters become available

Too busy playing with A2.

>self destruct early in B
>just keep playing till you get the trophy
easy

She needs a bath.

only if you include him getting fucked by Kaine after E

He was a prostitute dude.

>DLC where you play as Commander
>DLC where you play as A2
>DLC where you play as Devola and Popola

Fuck, where are the DLCs.

christianpost.com/news/nier-automata-dlc-update-latest-news-no-meaningful-dlcs-due-to-budget-constraints-says-game-director-178264/

They don't have to be meaningful, they just have to be fun

>implying operator would give a fuck about you when everything around is more interesting than you
I noticed in previous thread that girls in the desert are forgotten by the world. They haven't even noticed everyone else died, they just stare at sand with occassional scorpions and snek and enjoy themselves.

Seeing as weeb Nier happened 5 years after best Nier, they're probably both canon.

>no DLC where you play as an abandoned android prototype, gradually replacing the old parts of your body with new android parts and rediscovering your past memories while gradually going from a smuck that gets his/her ass kicked by the beginning robots to a powerful hybrid android that uses a blend of all of the model's abilities to destroy your enemies

>"We don't have enough manpower or budget to create that type of content," Taro said

>story eventually crosses with Jackass and her crusade against Resistance government

>you'll never wash A2 and then go shopping with her to buy her something that would cover all her skinless spots so she can look nice and cute, not scary
why live?

I just beat the game

So if I am right this is a Matrix setup where the whatever that was in the tower set up YorHa to fight the machines and repeat ad finem?

>No Emil War DLC
>No DLC where Emil goes back in time and stops the babies from Drakenguard 1 so that Nier never happens so that nobody has to suffer

>He was a prostitute
Haha what? Really?

No. Not at all. You're completely wrong.

Wtf with her face she looks worse than me when I dont sleep for 48 hours.

Why? I assume that is the case since I find this data in the tower.

You found all that data because the Machine Network managed to hack into the moon server not because it was pulling the strings all the time.

This is the face of not sleeping since detonating blackbox, because she claimed androids don't need sleep and just pretended to sleep so 9S doesn't worry about her, and being heavily exhausted by the time she defeats Eve.

I see.

Yorha androids are similar to machines but non Yorha andriods are not right? Here is where I am confused.

It is said the Yorha project is made to keep android morale up since the extinction of human but when the aliens invaded, all humans have already been extinct. When the game says human extinction, does it mean the human race? Or the failure of the gestalt Project

Someone please give her a coffee, an energy drink or whatever shit its the equivalent for androids

>Yorha androids are similar to machines but non Yorha andriods are not right?
I think the larger point is that they (Androids, YoRHa androids, Machines and whatever Machines are evolving into) are so similar that it's silly and pointless to try to draw distinctions. Whenever you sit down and try to determine what makes them different you end up finding out they all share a lot in common.

I think we're meant to see the arbitrary divisions between artificial life as stupid as artificial life would see the arbitrary divisions we real humans draw between ourselves.

It's really subtle and I love how they pulled it off.

When he said that, the "that type of content" he was talking about were DLCs on the scale of the Witcher 3, which obviously won't be happening. DLC is definitely coming for Automata, it's almost confirmed by the promotional images for Monday's Automata livestream being screenshots of the apologetic machines. However, I'd expect the DLC to be at worst combat arenas, and at best some sort of sidequest dungeon, not any significant addition to the game or any new story content.

Dat comfy Pod.

But they made it very clear that machines will always be flawed evolution. They can only imitate the humans and since they don't have a full picture they can only be flawed imitation. They are not evolving. They are just imitating humans.

Three years of murdering your friend might do that to you.

They're still evolving. The fact that they can't perfectly imitate humans doesn't mean they aren't evolving. Adam and Eve are definitely a huge evolution compared to some of the less intelligent stubbies you meet. The fact that they'll never truly become like humans doesn't mean it isn't evolution m8

>dlc is added
>it's a 20 hour long visual novel
you don't need much time or manpower to transcribe taro's writings into in-game vn format, and he can write that stuff by himself while on a toilet, so he doesn't need to pay anyone.

Evolution by its nature is flawed. The fact that they'll never become perfect imitations of humans is sort of the point (driving home that humans are really gone for good), but also irrelevant. The point isn't how close the machines are or aren't to humans, the point is how close they are to the Androids, which is very. Even the non-yorha androids.

The non-yorha androids developed the yorha with machine black boxes, because they didn't considered the machines to be truly intelligent or alive, and therefore yorha wouldn't be either. But clearly they are. Because machines are, too.

Without the machine network can they still evolve? I assume the machine network was destroyed by A2 at the end right?

>coffee
That made me wonder, how the androids process chemicals? Devola can get drunk so do androids react to chemicals that humans react to?
Emulating effects it'd have on humans makes no sense so it looks like they have digestion, blood and neural systems being 1:1 copy of human ones, but made with synthetic materials and replaceable. That also explains the other resistance guy eating despite not having to eat just so he can feel like humans.
Fascinating.

See, now you're talking about the end of the game. I don't know if they can still evolve. I don't know if any of them are still alive or if all their consciousnesses were built up on the ark. If you're asking questions about how things are going to go after Ending E, don't bother: there aren't really many answers for your to find. The story is over. 9S and A2 and 2B may have more stories in the future, but those stories are for them, not for you.

It would be better for Automata's story to end where it is now than to be continued in purely VN form. I know you want more but that's the point, you're supposed to. But you have to let them go so they can live their own lives, without your direction, without you seeing.

doesn't need to be a continuation, it could very well be a sidestory happening concurently to the main game, backstory of some characters, rediscovered info from time after gestalt project burned down, emil's recollection of alien invasion, past machine wars or even the legion wars.

Only their form evolve, that's why Adam and Eve appeared, but their characters are still just effects of learning from humans. Notice how Pascal and Adam are the most mentally advanced, it's just because they craved knowledge more than other machines. Most machines only learn from the network and other machines, those two guys went one step further and that made them appear more human-like.

If the purpose of the Yorha project was to set up a situation where the humans were still alive and then wipe everyone out why was the unit 9S created when it was known that 9S units could uncover the truth?

I also assume that the backdoor that allowed the machine network into Yorha was due to what happened at the end of ending A/B where 9S hacked Eve for too long right? Also why did the network want to gloat 9S and 2A to the top of the tower?

N2's entire conversation with you should have indicated otherwise. Many of the "mistakes" the machines were making were intentional.

When you have a network of countless machines to toy with you can conduct any number of experiments meant to minxmax your results.

The Machines were evolving the entire time. I'm pretty sure the giant cannon was built with the intention of destroying the moon server, but N2, influenced by the evolutionary data she was collecting, changed her mind and decided to use the cannon to create something instead of destroy something.

2B has a cute baby face!

>Notice how Jean-Paul is the most mentally advanced
Fixd that for you, you ignoramus.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Not even a frogposter but this was my legitimate feel when I saw that

>only their form evolve
But that's not true. Their intelligence evolves as well. Even Eve is clearly significantly more intelligent than the bots at the amusement park, and not just because Adam is forcing him to read books. It's not just that he knows more, he's less single-minded as well.

The 9S unit was allowed to continue being used despite how dangerous it was because they needed it. Look how smart and powerful 9S is: yes, he's able to find out things that the Android Illuminati or whatever don't want him finding out, but he's also able to get to the bottom of mysteries like the tower, he's able to take on a squadron of fucking flight units on the ground using hacking; they need him to stay relevant. The machines are naturally evolving, creating more powerful units like Adam and Eve, all the androids can do is perfect new unit lines. They need units like 9S to stay current in the war as the machines keep evolving. Remember, the androids don't know that N2 is trying to keep the war going forever. As far as they know the machines are trying to win, so they need to create more and more powerful units to stay current, even if that means having to deal with units like 9S who are a liability.

Also, 9S being able to find shit out never caused any problems for years and years, he was easy enough to contain and wipe. The only reason he got away with his discovery this time is the timing, right before a logic virus attack on the bunker.

The bunker backdoor was always there, placed there by the androids who created the yorha project. It was there so that eventually, they could allow the bunker to be attacked and destroy the project, if it became a liability, or just when they were ready to move onto a different project. Nobody expected the machine network to become advanced enough to hack into the moon server itself and find out about the backdoor on its own terms.

funny because I mentioned him as well and only right before sending decided to not include him

My headcanon is N2 sent Jean-Paul into the desert to die alone because fuck him.

What do you guys think he did to the poor S-model?

>9S units
there's only one 9S. there are other scanner units, but whether they were as efficient/smart/dangerous as 9S is unknown.

What about the wise machines, though? And there are other examples, too. To say that "only their forms evolve" is not only incorrect but completely missing the point of machine evolution. If you really think the mental difference between Adam and the small stubbies is just that Adam read more books, you're delusional

>he's less single-minded as well
then why did he go from being as advanced as Adam to
>FUCKING DROIDS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
as soon as there was no one left to keep him busy

Judging by the fact none of other S you meet in the game have weapons, they are a good deal less dangerous than 9S.

I had the impression it was the other way round. 9S interfacing with the machine network for too long lead to it discovering the backdoor which then gave it access to the moon server. Also what is the origin of the logic virus? Or it another "evolution" process by the Network?

That is why I think they have genitals, why would you make an android that similar to humans that even can get drunk and dont give they genitals?

Probably hugged him all over and used his mouth to kiss any booboos the little S-model got running around those ruins and I'll bet you he made it sit down for family dinners every night while they swapped stories about what they each did that day.

For the exact same reason 9S went to FUCKING DROIDS REEEEEEEEE

his favorite person died

Adam died, Eve goes crazy and decides to destroy everybody. 2B dies, 9S goes crazy and decides to destroy everbody, even to the point of wanting to destroy the moon server himself.

That creepy music is there for a reason dude.
>21O probably wanted to do the same with 9S

>I had the impression it was the other way round. 9S interfacing with the machine network for too long lead to it discovering the backdoor which then gave it access to the moon server.

You know what, you're probably right! But either way the upshot is that the machines found out about the backdoor sooner than they were supposed to. I don't know what the origin of the logic virus is, but presumably it's something the network developed some time ago, as it's used in the stage play as well. I think it only affects yorha units and machines as they're made from the same base cores; we never see a non-yorha android get infected with the virus.

I think they don't have genitals, remember how A2 is naked? There's also that Jackass line about how their battle frenzy is similar to human sex, which is a weird way to to phrase it if yorha can have sex too.

that doesn't mean they can't fug though, they probably do like a mind interface thing or just beat the shit out of eachother. I think if they had sex we wouldn't be wondering about it; other taro games don't shy away from the topic of sex; if they could fuck in a traditional sense it probably would've come up or at least been mentioned at some point

Can someone post the photo of Taro broken emil mask?

>attle frenzy is similar to human sex
?

Last question. How was A2 able to destroy the tower?

Never had a good ol' fuckfight?

Girl broke my ribs once. Super hot.

I think 9S was linked to the tower.

They're no different from Jean-Paul, factory cult or forest kingdom. They learned about something edgy from the network and believed in it. They probably discovered some message board for edgy suicidal teenagers.

A2 didn't destroy the tower, it was destroyed when the Ark was launched. She sort of destroyed N2, but N2 mainly ripped itself apart. It made me think of that quest for the mother robot when she talks about how the concept of disagreement is new to them. Similarly, the concept of self-doubt was new to N2. When N2 couldn't decide what to do (re: killing the androids) that doubt became an argument between itself, and it ripped itself apart. But if you're talking about the physical destruction of the tower, I think that was a side-effect of the Ark firing off (as that was the tower's only direct function anyway), not because of anything A2 did.

I guess I got love and sex confused. again. thanks for the correction user

christ now I gotta call my shrink.

The network had Veeky Forums?

I went back to rewatch Ending C cause I doubted my own memory but the Ark didn't launch in Ending C given that the only difference Ending C and D is 9s's fate I am more inclined to think is the reason.

But they were all on the network user. Even the bots in pascal's village who thought they were off the network still were.

Some of the machines are more intelligent than the others. Think of all the machines who just fight you and say nothing. Think of the machines who ran around babbling random shit like "have a nice day." You can't possibly think that they're as intelligent as Adam and they just don't -know- as many things because they haven't read as many books. Intelligence and knowledge aren't the same.

You're not the same user who was arguing that the machines aren't actually evolving even though the game directly states that they are many times, are you? Because if so I don't want to waste time contending with that level of retardation.

A2 is early yorha model so maybe she was made just for killing and shit. And she also uses a fuel filter, Pascal for some reason doesn't mass produce those for resistance and during the whole story produced only two, one for A2 and one for Anemone. It seems most androids don't need fuel filters. Otherwise pod would tell 2B and 9S to fix theirs a thousand times through the whole game.

>Even the bots in pascal's village who thought they were off the network still were.

Not true. There is no evidence of this being the case.

I thought N2 said something to that effect. Fine then, maybe I'm wrong. Everything else I say in that post except for the first 2 sentences still stand, especially the last part. If you're the dummy trying to argue that the machines don't evolve despite the fact that they.... do, i've got nothing that'll convince you otherwise if the numerous times the game states they're evolving didn't.

Trying to draw lines between the Machines/Androids/Yorha as whether they are 'human' or not misses the entire point of the game.

So much suffering happens simply due to assumptions made - and misunderstandings that are placed by one group on the other. It's largely a social commentary on how humans divide themselves up as well.

I thought as some others did too earlier - that machines can only ever IMITATE HUMANS (As 9S discovers how they rinse/repeat governments) and that true emotion for them was impossible.

--SPOILERS AHEAD--

And then - then. You find out that Yorha's Black-Boxes are made from the SAME CORES as Machines, they share the same structure of consciousness. Would you say that 2B/9S/A2 are emotionless? That they are inhuman?

All Machines had to go off was the history of Humanity. Yorha Androids (Built by the Human-made Androids) were essentially raised/taught to believe they were made in humanities image. It's why 21O is obsessed with Family, and 6O is obsessed with nature/beauty.

Thats the real kicker at the end that haunted me for a while. Machines could always learn to become 'human' because Yorha was already well on its way there. Experiencing emotion/loss (Adam and Eve experience this too).

The coldest part of this that drives the message home is that the original Androids DECIDED to make Yorha using Machine-Cores because it would be """"Inhumane"""" to use real Android AI.

I am not arguing with you. I just wanted to point out that portion which you mentioned wasn't true. Not the user you are talking to desu

You folks have probably been getting this a lot here recently but here it is anyway.

I played Nier and Nier Automata. Enjoyed both games but I liked the first one a bit more. Probably because I felt really protective of Yonah playing as Papa Nier which created a better experience when I was playing.

Anyway I was wondering if someone who liked the Nier games is more likely to enjoy the Drakengard games. I've been looking for something to play so why not that.

All yorha models were just made for killing and shit, to a certain degree. Remember? They were made out of machine cores so they wouldn't truly be alive or conscious (obviously they are, but this is the logic used by yorha's creators) as traditional AI in them would be "inhumane."

Dont' get me wrong, I think they probably fuck, but it's probably more of a brain interface thing than physical sexual intercourse.

Exactly. The androids thought "well obviously we're intelligent, we're really alive and feel real emotion. If we made the YoRHa like us it would be inhumane. But the machines are just automatons going through motions, they aren't really alive, their emotions are false. So we'll make YoRHa like them."

And then obviously they end up being wrong on both counts. What matters, like you said, isn't "how human" the androids, yorha, or machines are. What matters is that they're all essentially the same.

One thing I still don't get. The machine network figured all that out at the end but why does it still taunt 9s into the tower?

>why does it still taunt 9s into the tower?
Because bullying is fun.

>One thing I still don't get. The machine network figured all that out at the end but why does it still taunt 9s into the tower?
It only changes its mind after it sees 9S/A2 battling their way through the tower (or at least, thats what I gathered).

Reading through the final log you get at the end of the game shows that N2 looked over the androids experiences - as well as their own Machine ones - as well as learning from 9S/A2, before seeing the tragic irony in what had occured.

Hence why they decide to launch the Ark into space - so that somewhere someone might learn from the large mistake that had been made.

Feel free to correct me though.

one of the ways the network evolves is by studying the extremes of emotion in the yorha and other androids, hence why the network was torturing pascal and 9S throughout route C.

If you haven't read the stageplay or A2's backstory summary at the resistance camp terminals, N2 was doing the exact same thing to A2 during the original pear harbor assault mission

I give up on discussing because it's all just tiring speculations.

I'll just wait for Taro to make a dlc or write a novel that would explain all the quirks of androids and machines. The game was just released after all. Whether he goes for events before the stage play or after Automata, it'll prove that we're all just wasting time trying to guess.

Just enough time to get all the remaining trophies without buying them.

I feel like I'm missing something. I've been fighting this boss underneath the amusement park for like 3 hours. Is this like a gear check or something or do I just suck that bad?

which boss

The first one I would assume.

the backdoor was likely compromised and infiltrated way before that, but left alone for reasons unknown, possibly the shooting in the foot to prevent wiping out the required enemy part.

early in route b we can already see N2 observing the battle vs adam and eve while looking from 9s's perspective. that was before he started interfacing with the network.

n2 was already watching him, which implies she got access to him somehow, possibly by discovering the backdoor and infiltrating the bunker/yorha systems way before the command planned to open it during the final clean up.

>it's all just tiring speculations
welcome to yoko taro m8. Do you really think "all the quirks of androids and machines" will ever be explained? they won't be. don't set yourself up for disappointment. This is a story about A2, 2B, 9S, etc. Not a story about androidkind as a whole, or else the people who you know, actually created yorha would be characters, or at least mentioned outside of intel files. You're most likely not getting any more information on the quirks of androids/machines outside of what you already have.

What level are you? I fought it on hard mode at level 12 and it definitely took a few tries, but 3 hours seem excessive. I didn't really have any notable chips at that point either.

The game just won't launch anymore and it worked fine the week of release.
I have tried checking the files and un/reinstalling it.
task manager shows the game loading 70mb or so and then stopping.

I don't know what to do.

So does that mean we can assume that YoRHa was under N2's influence since then? Or only when the Red Eye virus shows up?

I really don't miss times when I had problems with steam games not launching. I miss autistic map painting games though.

If you have FAR installed completely remove it, launch the game to see if it runs, and then manually reinstall the latest version of FAR.

have you updated anything, even something simple like your gpu drivers since it was last working?

Logic virus and the backdoor are unrelated. The logic virus infected the Yorha via the backdoor, the only reason why 9s was unaffected was because he was a scanner model strong enough to fight off the infection. Which is why the 4S is alive as well.