/fhg/ - For Honor General

RIP Warden edition

Couldn't punish the Shield Bash: >New V105 patch is out for PC/consoles waiting certification.
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-288027-16/release-notes-for-v105

>Leaked Centurion / Ninja Image
imgur.com/a/r8jXO

>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character damage values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

**ATTENTION CONSOLE BROS**
There is now an official PS4 and XB1 Community!

If you would like to join, search For Honor General (PS4)
For Honor General Official (XB1)

or

Message/add TheSteroid386 (PS4) or metalkid267 (XB1) and we will invite you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BPF_QafJ4jY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for post webms

Just got into a debate with some retard on my team who was incredibly insistent that law's top light is confirmed after a shove. Even after telling him that the hundreds of fights I've had since the update prove that he is wrong he just keeps going on about "muh /r/competitiveforhonor."

The best part is that he was an honorfag who just watched me fight a guy that was literally ganking me only seconds before.

>Ubisoft nerfing a character based solely on community bitching instead of statistics

S H I T G A M E

>honorfags in brawl

Don't they know what gamemode this is?

Whom are you referring to?

My brother and I made millions of $$$ with our newly opened salt refinery business when the game launched.

Didn't even know why we were getting so much "UR A FUCKING SUCK FAG SHIT" messages until I realised they were just autistic and mad that they got #BonkedByConq and #WhompedByWarden at the same time.

He also gets a free gb after blocking a heavy
can kill with an unlocked heavy
cant be punished as hard as other characters after a light parry
he wasn't shit tier but is now

>start game up for the first time in a month
>queue for dominion which has the highest activity
>wait 15 minutes while it tries to find a lobby
>"Matchmaking failed: Returning to main menu"
>try again, wait 15 minutes again
>same thing
>try once again, wait 15 minutes
>exact same thing

Dead fucking game?

Works on my machine. What platform?

Warden actually has a perfect 50% winrate, that's only plus or minus 3% based on which skill bracket. And even then, the two even each other out.

Yet he's getting nerfed. I main Berzerker and wanted some Warden changes, but not just straight nerfs. That doesn't make sense to me. If hes not getting compensated in some way then Ubisoft knows nothing about their own game and is just appealing to reddit.

PC

Warden is fucking GARBAGE without muh Vortex though. It's absurd how shield bash drains so much stamina but Vortex doesn't.
Warden has pretty much always been what Conq should be.
Warlord is just what happens if you combine a Conq and a Warden together like a maniac.

can't bonq the conq

I'll admit it can be frustrating to get ganged up on but Brawl is obviously not meant to just be dueling.... it's called BRAWL for a reason.

>fast zone
>crushing counter strike
he'd be a mid tier character without a vortex

>lawbringer turtles

Is this the worst matchup for Raider or what

Raider and Lawbringer is almost a mirror match, so it's still fun.

Forming a gank team in a Brawl can be suicide based on matchups though. If a Shugoki is in the equation you're just fucked because they are

B
R
O
K
E
N

With revenge

n-nani

But the big old farts just block everything. Never fall for my feints, will parry one of my stunning taps every now and again but otherwise just shove -> light and guardbreak spam. Felt like I was playing against a retarded warlord.

Oh by the way.

Just so you know.

>Ubisoft balances their game based on what Reddit says.
>Ubisoft balances their game based on what their forums say.

Reddit routinely says there is "nothing wrong" with how a Warlord can throw you off an edge - across the map - instantly with an untechable GB. Anyone who has ever played a fighting game past casual moron tier would laugh at this being in a real fighting game

The Ubisoft forums also think the Lawbringer does too much damage.

And don't forget that their forums think Dominion is the game type the game should be balanced from - which is why there's so many "Conqueror is overpowered!" and bitching about full block.

They think Duels are boring and gay and not the core game.

no they don't otherwise pk would have been nerfed dramatically

>people thought ubisoft wouldn't balance based on what the community said
welcome to r6 siege, boys. though r6 has okay balancing because it has an actual pro community around it, this game barely does at this point so balance is fully reddit-based.

Pk should have been nerfed dramatically no matter who they were asking, assuming it wasn't Pk mains

Warden needs a nerf to vortex and a buff to some other skills, since if the vortex is taken away same will happen to Warden as what happened to conqueror.
Shug needs a nerf to charge.
Warlord needs a few more small nerfs, preferably to zone at least.
PK needs light spam nerf and something to encourage her to use deflect and parry instead of just dodge heavy all the time.
Zerk needs some option to alternating ligth-heavy all the time since they'll be too easy to parry.
Conq needs a flail spin rework and a small buff to the overnerfed shield bash.
Raider and Kensei need more pressure tools.
Oro, Nob, LB and Valk feel like they're mostly fine right now.

>Orochi
>Fast zone that's also safe on block
>Can parry any direction for 5 less damage than crushing counter

Wowee

and roach is currently mid tier
but you forget that the crushing counter strike chains into a shoulderbash

in which you can roll away from or interrupt

not if you're out of stamina and they can cancel the shoulderbash into a parry or another crushing counter

Chaining into a shoulder bash becomes nothing if they get rid of Warden's vortex, because without it shoulder bash can always just be dodged. Even if you're exhausted, you can just sidestep it.

It's also actually one of the slowest unblockables in the game, only beaten out in slowness by The Long Arm and Demon's Embrace.

youtu.be/BPF_QafJ4jY

your fault. preserve stamina

Alright so how the fuck do I capitalize on when my enemy is out of stamina? Whenever I'm out of stamina I just get shat on, but whenever my opponent is out of breath and I try to take advantage of it nothing ever happens, I don't ever feel like I'm threatening them

>Valk entirely ignores deflects
Fucking epic

Unless you have 50/50s, you don't.

Or if you're against a Peacekeeper. They can just backdash spam forever and you can do nothing about this; if you try to sprint GB, they'll just stop and tech it.

>Roach
>fine
you must be joking

Is PK and orochi zone flicker fixed yet?

Sick

nope
the zone flicker makes him ok

>the zone flicker makes him ok
He still only has 2 attacks, he needs a buff to make the others more viable and a nerf on the top light damage

what could they change?
i haven't really played roach
faster side lights?

>something to encourage [Peacekeeper] to use deflect and parry instead of just dodge heavy all the time.
They already did that by nerfing the side-dodge stabs and buffing the deflect stab. There's a much larger risk/reward tradeoff now: do you go for the safer side-dodge, or do you go for the tighter deflect for a bigger punish?

Orochi IS fine. According to Roman the game director, they say Orochi is balanced right now and is doing okay. They will sooner make changes to the defensive meta before changing Orochi.

In today's devstream, they confirmed that flickering is a bug and will be removed in the near future. You shouldn't rely on it for much longer.
As an aside, the dev blogpost earlier in the week confirmed that soft feinting/GB feinting is also an exploit that will be removed.

>Warden getting neutered because Reddit complained
>Lawbringer becoming the new Warlord because Reddit complained
>Conq got over nerfed because Reddit complained
>Dumpster classes like Berzerker are being left alone because Reddit hasn't complained

Epic

You can blame that on deflects not actually stopping an enemy's chain (unless you count Zerk's auto-GB).

How about blaming it on the fact that Ubi thinks having 500ms light chains with no recovery time? I can block a PK or a Valkyrie, go to attack, and still get hit if they hammer the button. Fun fucking game.

>Warden's nerf hasn't been described but let's act like they're removing everything good about him

The day of the rope is coming

These DC crashes really upset me with their fucking frequency.
>if a single opponent (or ally) gets assmad they can crash the game and deny 7 other people any results for their time

>The only good thing he has is vortex
>Its been called a vortex nerf, which means it's going to fuck with his options from a shoulder bash, not the bash itself
>The only good thing about Warden is shoulder bash, and the only good thing about shoulder bash is the mixups. And they're nerfing the mixups.

Yeah, i'm willing to bet they're removing everything good about him.

Reminder that Dom is the best game mode with the most balance, most tactics, and most teamwork.

they could make storm rush faster, hurricane blast having hyper armor ( deflect heavy ) and yes slightly faster side lights obviously not too fast but i have no idea how to make riptide not shit.
>Orochi IS fine. According to Roman the game director
And according to him Raider was the pk killer too

so the warriors' den thing happened earlier today? did they say anything we didn't already know?

Nerfs
Shug
Warden
PK
Buff
Raider

Anybody else getting shit performance?

>Raider buffs
And this is what happens when you listen to Reddit. Raider has a decent winrate in skilled matchmaking because he's not a bad fucking character. He has range, he has good confirms, he has fuckhueg damage, and he has great area control. It's going to be another Lawbringer situation where they buff him to just be broken like another character instead of slightly buffing his lacking areas.

>Problem is without it warden imo has no way to open an attack.

He's right, you know.

Would giving warden's shoulder bash a clear "point of no return" be an acceptable nerf?
Where they have to go through the actual shoulder bash and can't cancel into parry or guard break?
Not too early or it would make the bash too easy to react to, but not too late that having a point of no return is negligible.
I don't really play warden much, maybe he already does have a point of no return, but it feels like he can cancel when he's doing the extended charge. It also feels like he can cancel into gb mid charge sometimes, although that's probably me remembering wrong and confusing it for that magnetic slide of the animation of gbing someone who is dodging.
I could be totally wrong here because as I said I don't play warden. If someone can clear up what his actual restrictions are when it comes to his shoulder bash, and when they come into effect I'd be appreciative.

Just nerf his AoE to not be safe on block and come out slower, nerf the damage on top light slightly, and buff his other tools. That's literally it. All Ubisoft has to do to balance these characters is do a little bit of buffs, a little bit of nerfs. Obviously more or less depending on who they are.

Almost as if every other class in the game has that problem and they need to win with their brains

I dont agree with the defensive meta though

post suggestions for fixing defensive meta

-conqueror gets better tracking on bash
-lawbringer shove-light can be dodged but not blocked (confirmed forthcoming)
-raider gets a partial stamina refund on a cancelled zone
-3rd hit of berserker's HHH chain is unblockable
-kensei gets superior light attacks (like shugoki)
-nobushi's hidden stance gets more dodge frames and can throw a kick earlier

Patch never.

Which hero should I try out for fun?

>-kensei gets superior light attacks (like shugoki)
wat

hybrid master race, go nobushi

i think the game calls them "enhanced light attacks"

not interrupted on block

>gamemode with feats and gear
>balanced

ok

berserker, raider, nobu

>dodge gb after the shove.

Huh, so that's a thing. As they say on leddit, TIL.

Duel is a gamemode where classes are considerably better than others

Feats allow for tactics instead of using the same spreadsheet checklist you have set up

Gear allows variety

Teammode allows teamwork to defeat classes that are considerably more powerful than other classes.

oh man this i skys dude is a massive faggot, hes going to get top mad if he loses

jesus fuck, how do you guys not get sick of playing only 1 person?

>-conqueror gets better tracking on bash
No conqueror needs a rework not a buff on his bash

>-raider gets a partial stamina refund on a cancelled zone
Why?
>-kensei gets superior light attacks (like shugoki)
that could be a good buff for kensei but it doesnt help against defensive meta

Blocking an attack should take stamina with heavies taking a big chunk, they should buff chip damage and when you're out of stamina you cant see damage indicators like with stun attacks minus the whole screen flashing or nerf dodges while out of stam.

>No combat UI when exhausted

That sounds RAD

Have you tried getting a job

You could also say they are getting rid of shitters playing him.

He will probably just get a confirmed hit after a gb.
Which is reasonable.

What can conq do with parries?

I feel like i can't do anything with him.

Conq doesnt even need to parry, you get a free GB every time you block any heavy attack.

One of the most useful feat. Only Available on one character. Why?

Let's try giving it to Peacekeeper. See how that goes.

>Gear allows variety
yea sure, everyone going max revenge gear still sure is variety.

Doesn't every hero have one class-based (i.e. Vanguard) T4 feat, one faction-based (i.e. Samurai) T4 feat, and one completely unique feat for that specific hero (i.e. Kensei)?

isn't that going to be fixed with the patch thats out on pc?

All these Warden mains on suicide watch.

People crying about PK not getting nerfed despite how reviled she is in the community.

Warden and PK get nerfed, "waaaaahhhh they listed to leddit, fucking ubicucks", you realize the general here has made the exact same complaints as on Reddit right?

I swear gamers are the worst. Bitch when a company doesn't pay attention to the community, bitch when they do.

I haven't been back on For Honor in a month or so. I main Lawbringer. Any changes I need to get used to?

Teamwork > revenge

Feat cooldown is awesome too

Yeah, but does anyone ever uses Slippery on Raider at all?
Also Morale Booster is mostly useful on elimination. It's hard to tell if your teammates are fighting during dominion and doesn't lasts that long anyway.

One day you will see, everyone across all platforms, all mediums, internet, real life, blacks, whites, asians, everyone everywhere at all times loves to bitch about literally everything that has and ever will exist.

Yes, you now have a 50/50 after landing a Shove.

Either light attack INTO their guard (this is getting patched so you can just light attack wherever), or Guard Break to catch their dodge if they try to dodge the light attack.

I'm also fond of the lightning fast light attack I can apparently do after a parry. Could I always do this? Have I been missing this fun for ten entire Reps?

Light Riposte? That always existed. It got buffed to also Stun now.

yeah dude it's right there in your moveset, light riposte

I'm dumb, then. I've been fighting thinking all I could do off a parry was GB, side heavy, and impale charge.

It wouldn't be much difference, but this could actually buff Raider and Orochi to LEGENDARY status like story mode makes them out to be.

If you parry an enemy light attack (doesn't work on heavies) you can also do an AD MORTEM from top guard that's guaranteed to hit.

>you aren't allowed to start a PVAI match unless you assemble a full lobby
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
I just want to be ABLE to do my goddamn orders without rage-quite fatal errors

Adding to , if you parry an enemy's light who's back is to a wall you can do impale riposte (side) then top heavy them and continue your Swift Justice chain.

FUCKING FAGGOT ASS PEACE KEEPING FAGGOTS KILL YOURSELF!!!!!
REEEEEEEEE

You can turn off matchmaking you idiot.