/sthg/ Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #733 - Suits Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews and General InterestsGame Development InfoNew Info and Leaks on Mania and Sonic Forces

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/image/TmQs8CvwSDuFDfsPXXUy6Q/
twitter.com/Babylonian/status/852298423931854848
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sonic should die in Forces!

Eggman plz

Rude!

Good lord how many times are we going to use this image as the OP.

According to the archive, that image has never been the OP image.

What are you talking about?

First for Amy is cutest hog.

It ain't over til the fat lady sings!

I think you mean [spoilers]Amy[/spoilers] should die in forces

X was up and down and all around.

/sthg/ help, it's the weekend I forgot how to play video games!

Does the general have a discord?

This is my first time making a thread user.

Go through Sonic 2 with Knuckles.

>discord

What's the problem, mack.

It's beautiful user!

It doesn't need one. Now fuck off

Be honest.

Which one would you pick and why?

The problem is people keep asking for a discord knowing it would just kill the general and eventually the discord itself. Have you tried reading the rants we have here in any voice other than your own? Imagine if they were worse.

Sonic X but it's about Sonic

Hurt him.

Probably old as dust now, but who else hate Roger Craig Smith voicing the boy in blue?

I liked Martin Burke, he fit him well.

Alright then. I can see why a discord would be a bad idea for something like /sthg/. Thanks for answering my question in a polite manner.

Thanks, bud. I'm sorry I'm too lazy and untalented to colour it.

I like Roger. Burke is best for Classic Sonic, though.

I like him voicing the more laid back, douche-y Boom Sonic.

We need to keep the hedgehog away from those emeralds

Where's the archive of op images?

I prefer Roger for Modern Sonic. Burke would be my go to voice for Classic though.

May I ask what about Roger appeals to you?

You have a solid point there, he works perfectly for the Sonic Coom CN series.

>That OP image
Holy shit is that actually some decent gijinka sonic art? Sauce nigga?

Fireden. You can search the archives they have of Veeky Forums boards by image there. The image in the OP has been posted twice as regular posts, but not as an OP.

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/image/TmQs8CvwSDuFDfsPXXUy6Q/

Why not both?

When does deviantart get good

I dunno, I just like his voice for whatever reason.

>Bishie eggman
If only

Fair as any reason. Do you think they'll ever bring Burke out of obscurity?

I doubt they know who he is.

Highly doubt it, since Classic Sonic is silent and I don't think it'd work with Modern. And if they did have Classic talk, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just Roger's voice again (bad move, I would think) or bring back Jaleel White.

Plus, who knows if he could still do the voice or if anyone from there know of him. The english dub was made 18 years ago.

I don't mean to stir trouble but have you ever considered what /Sthg/ will become once Forces fails and Mania soars? Sega scrapping Sonic Team and the 3D series for more Taxman like games with the main trio would be amazing, even moreso if they take the chance to ditch Izuka as well

The closest we got to a mildly hansdsome version of eggman was with a concept art of eggman nega.

What happens with /sthg/ after Forces comes out depends on how long until new major news comes and if the comics are dead.

Here from a Nibroc Rock group chat.
He is our lord and savior.

I'd be okay with this. Tell the incompetent assholes making the 3D games to fuck off and stick to Classic by Taxman and co from here on out. I think it's time for Sega to accept that Sonic just doesn't work in 3D

Very true, at that point I hope he remains silent, better than having Jaleel imo.

That fourth one is literally FANG from SFV.

This was after Sonic Rush. That scientist guy was probably supposed to be a different character that was Eggman's decedent.

I would have taken this instead of messing up Nega's origins.

Why would they be dead after the mega drive ones are just coming out?

I am not up to date on these things so I might be hilariously out of the loop but aren't their comics doing well?

Right, can't impregnate the left.

>Blacks voids and red eyes.
Dropped.

They've been on hiatus since January and nobody knows what the fuck is going on

Agreed. I'd live the rest of my life a happy man if I never heard Jaleel's shitty Sonic voice ever again.

No comics have come out since January, Archie isn't taking subscriptions for Sonic, upcoming books have been delayed, put on placeholder dates, and cancelled, and Archie and SEGA aren't saying much.

People theorize that it's due to the new lawsuit by Scott Fulop and Archie's current interest in Riverdale.

>I don't mean to stir trouble

Bullshit. Anyways, what happens to /sthg/ after Forces depends on how Forces turns out, which is still too early to tell.

>Skinny
>dropped

>not lusting after the satam eyes
Suck to be you

>I don't mean to stir trouble

>Why would they be dead after the mega drive ones are just coming out?
The last issue of Mega Drive was actually listed as cancelled. No one knows if or when it'll get a new date.

>Lusting after edge eyes.
Definitely dropped.

Ah okay, thanks for the update.
I hope they don't cancel it, at least have a good sendoff, ya know? It's the only piece of Sonic left that has good story.

Jesus, it had good artwork and that awesome classic feel, any idea why they would drop it?

I want to look deeply into Eggman's beautiful blue eyes.

Why would you care he'd have his glasses pushed up anyways.

They've dropped everything Sonic.

Archie has put out nothing Sonic-related at all for months, naturally all the dates they planned months ahead for release have all passed.

I've been assuming that SEGA is preventing them from putting out Sonic stuff because of the lawsuit, but no one other than the people in charge know what is going on.

I still have large hopes for Mania.

Let's try to speculate together /sthg/ what do role do you think silver will be playing in sonic forces since he's been confirmed?

Time travel shenanigans.

Archie has nothing to do with Mania.

The same role as all the friends. They'll talk to Sonic and maybe fight in the background or off-screen.

Oh, whoops haha misinterpreted that.

Well that makes sense then, what was that lawsuit about?

Mogul. And I don't think it's over yet.

Cheerleader.

IIRC, copyright issues regarding characters and concepts introduced by Scott Fulop being in reprints and old issues sold digitally by Archie. His company is suing both Archie and SEGA.

Do tell. What's the deal with gem elephant?

More like money from reprints.

>silver will be playing in sonic forces since he's been confirmed?
He has?

Well since eggman fucked up the entire world silver's probably gonna travel back to the past and be like what the fuck sonic you were supossed to save the world.

What a fucking baby.

Yep.

Did he actually see them or did he hear them talking to Sonic? I better see Shadow,Rogue and Omega fighting together again as Team Dark

So we know Classic ends up with Modern because of the same thing Eggman discovered which allowed him to conquer the world.

I'm guessing the same thing applies to Silver... I mean the reasons will probably be different but it really looks like Generations 2 (only watered down).

He didn't specify, but previews talk about friends communicating to Sonic via radio, so likely just his voice is confirmed right now.

So the new character is gonna be another edgelord?
Thanks Nibroc Rock

I'm hoping it's still early enough to be worked on.
Getting my hopes up, sure, but we need a few good Sonic games to kill this fucking meme that they're always bad.

Say, whatever happened to the user that was making Amy Jam?

I think they got a job and haven't been able to work much on it. It's been a long time since I've heard about it, though.

I want this new character to be fujobait sooo bad. You have no idea.

Isn't every male sonic character sans vector and storm considered to be fujobait?

You're saying that Big the Cat is fujobait?

>Does the general have a discord?

Yes.

Even vector is fujobait. Fujos love to ship vector with espio. Basically storn are the only males charcters who aren't fujobait.