/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 15th:
769 – The Lateran Council condemned the Council of Hieria and anathematized its iconoclastic rulings.
1395 – Timur defeats Tokhtamysh of the Golden Horde at the Battle of the Terek River. The Golden Horde capital city, Sarai, is razed to the ground and Timur installs a puppet ruler on the throne.
1450 – Battle of Formigny: Toward the end of the Hundred Years' War, the French attack and nearly annihilate English forces, ending English domination in Northern France.
1865 – President Abraham Lincoln dies after being shot the previous evening by actor John Wilkes Booth. Vice President Andrew Johnson, becomes President upon Lincoln's death.
1945 – Bergen-Belsen concentration camp is liberated.

>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/236850/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

In CK2, what kind of retinues should I be going for as an Italian? 2 Italian Pikes/1 Skirmish? All defence?
black and shit

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

t. mosley

DH or HoI3?

based

Anyone know what mapmod is in use in this picture?

Caleb's Political Titles

How the FUCK do you increase absolutism? I lower autonomy, I use harsh treatment, I strengthen the government, literallynothing raises it, it stays at 0 no matter what.

This is the weakest protestant reformation I have ever seen and I had no hand in any part of it. Only Brandenburg and Denmark are of any note. The fact they won the 30 year war is hilarious since all of Europe was part of the catholic side. Except France which was nice since for some fuckin reason Brittany was the emperor.

Is it possible to remove the HRE while being the emperor? I don't care and I just want to be gross.

HoI3

Shit, i have no idea how to play it but whatever, i'll proceed to get assfucked.

Dont listen to him DH is better.

Seriously, lads, anyone else had this?

just fuck my estados unidos up part 2: freedom edition

La Plata

can someone explain this retarded mene, a year in gsg and i still dont understand it

How to stabilize my economy in Vic 2?

Playing as Ottoderps, have 100% tax on everyone plus a 50% tariff and I'm still losing money

i'm not sure either, i just saw someone posting it one day and decided to repost it in every thread

R8

You took that infamy hit just to take Haiti?

is it safe to assume you genocided based on religion?

Why is that most countries in Vicky 2 are doomed from the start of the game?

Almost all uncivs have 0 chances of becoming anything, with a few notable exceptions such as Japan and some Middle Eastern countries. The rest will end up being a part of some European blob no matter what. I know, it's historically accurate, but this means those countries are almost unplayable, since you wont survive the first 50 years of the game.

Then you got other countries that will only get to being GP if you start blobbing in China or Africa, or prestige spam. Examples: Brazil, Argentina, most European minors, etc.

So basically if you want to dominate the game you have to play USA, Japan or some European GP. The rest can't compete.

VERY white

>that Balkans

Based. Nice touch allowing Bosniak and Albanian allies their own nations too. How did you manage this?

You are in the age of absolutism right?

>That year
>67% literacy

Really makes you think

I did genocide based on religion, but Islamic Law actually did most of the work. By the time I started genociding, over half of the empire's Christian population had either converted or immigrated away. Pic related is right before my first genocide.

you have a decision to get them as accepted, that's probably why they survived

I think it has something to do with HPM being Argentinian or something like that

my current infamy level is for getting some FSA cores released, i took the infamy hit for haiti ages ago during a long period of status quo because i could afford to

i probably shouldn't have taken the infamy hit for releasing the FSA cores but the US wouldn't stop trying to invade me so they needed to be put to sleep for good

Thanks. You are the whitest poster in all /gsg/

All New World countries can become decent to great through immigration. United India is a major powerhouse, Persia is ok and can westernise quickly, Arab Union is powerful too. Forming Indonesia is challenging, but it's possible and you become quite powerful. Indochinese countries are decent.

>Ottomans do the thing where they rename Constantinople
>Retake it
>Province gets renamed back
>City stays as Istanbul
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Arab Union is powerful too
which country do you recommend forming it as?

If I play as Warri why won't the missionary decision change my religion from animist? Vicky 2 HPM btw

n-no, do i need to be
Of fucking course I am.

Persia can get conquered by Russia easily. In a lot of games they attack Persia. In HPM migration is broken so the only one who gets a decent amount of migration is USA, other countries will always remain low population shitholes because of this. United India is hard as fuck to form, you have to defeat the fucking UK and all their allies. Indochina will get conquered by France. Arab Union needs to form first, and for that you need to defeat the Ottomans. That is highly unlikely.

Basically unless you do a lot of gamey shit, most of those countries are not a viable option

click on the name of the city and edit it yourself you spastic

I've only done it as Egypt, which is pretty easy since you can become GP after westernising, which can also be done early.
I think HPM has a Maghrebi Union now, which should be strong enough to form the Arab Union. Then there's Arabia, which you can form if you manage to take Hejaz from the Egyotians or the Ottomans. You're still fairly week, but should be able to prestige into GP, and form the Arab Union that way

>not a viable option
They're called challenges

Then give me a pic of something useful it could be a million things you may be the wrong type of goverment I dont know unless I see.

I think I was just being retarded, I lowered autonomy in a province and it didn't go up so I thought it was broken, then I did it in 10 provinces and it went up by three.

It seems pretty fucking pointless, 70 unrest (7 in each province × 10) for 0.3 discipline and 0.3 admin efficiency is pointless, not even close to worth it. Another bravo Paradox tier mechanic.

Is administration even worth it if I don't blob that much?

Vicky 2 is set during the age of imperialism so basically unless you have an empire you are shit. Even the USA had an empire, eventhough they don't want to admit it

>Caleb's Political Titles
I mean the graphics

>there will never be a Darkest Hour remake/HD

Honestly makes me sad.

Why, if HoI4 is a superior version, which will be even further improved with downloadable content, content packs and free patches?

Not sure if you're memeing but I love the fact you get to play into the Cold War in DH.

I would like it if HoI4 got a Cold War DLC, though.

t. Johan

Yeah, it's an add on for CPT, I think it's called Caleb's Unified Nation Terrain Submod.

>draws arrow to hanoi
>u won vietnam
>draws arrow to pyongyang
>u won korea
>draws arrow to berlin
>u won germany
>draws arrow to moscow
>u won cold war
>that'll be $19.99 goy

Austria what are you doing?

The planes look like roaches

Where can I find all of the eu4 dlc?

>Cold war DLC comes out spring 2018
East vs West.
30$

>factions

Holy shit how do I deal with this bullshit? Bribing doesn't seem to work, giving honorary titles doesn't do anything, appointing to the council doesn't do anything. Revoking landed titles and/or trying to imprison them would only make things worse. What am I supposed to do?

In your crack den, lazy negro

store.steampowered.com/app/236850/

See

Im a jew though, I'm not paying $200 for all the dlc

Search for it on the /gsg/ archive

Ha jokes on you it was just on sale

I only paid $80 dollars for all the DLC

How about you read the OP, jyuu-chan

What did she mean by this?

Wow, you sure bamboozled them.

Imagine the absolute shitstorm from ledditors had they put "enjoyed rape".

wonder what's going on in Al Andalus

Should be inverted desu

>siege the very next holding on the same province
>catch her again

Anyone?

>Attraction to Rapist: +1
>Rapist: -1
Keke

wut map mod?

graphic map improvement

Why not ToT?

i just like this better leave me alone

How well am I going? I think I might try to ally with Muscovy and build enough favors to get all my allies to butt fuck Poland and/or Teutonic Order.

>allied with France.
>shitpost for a while.
>alt-tab back to game.
>France no longer allied with me because I refuse their call of war against Aragon.

>The 3rd of October, 1945
France, Russia, Germany, Austria, Spain, the Ottomans.
For centuries these Kingdoms have tried to break our backs. When the whole world was against us and the barbarians were at the gates we weathered the storm. For the second time we've pushed the Germans out of allied lands but at great cost. The measures we took to secure manpower and meet industrial output put great strain on our colonies. What no one could do from without may be happening from within. Careful planning must be made if we wish to escape the twilight period of the Empire.

Please respond

>not having two monitors for the sole purpose of reaching maximum shitpost efficiency

r8 my europe

shit, old screenshot

Your only options are the sword and the dagger, as in war or assassination.

How do I blob in CWE?

Still can't find it :(

I'm using laptop, tho.
>mfw playing Memeversalis IV and shitposting while working.

that should not stop you, just plug a couple more monitors into your laptop

>shitty weeb can't even do his job
pottery

It's a hitlermod shitpost.

how do i make soldier pops stay in their provinces intead of going to the capital like retards in CWE

This has happened to me in every game since patch 19. Reformed never really exists in any strength and is always wiped out by the end of the game, Protestant at least gets some countries and wins the 30YW but they also get wiped out by end of the game, so the HRE ends up dissolving because not enough viable eletors.

Playing a Castille game in EU4 and I'm stuck deciding if I should disinherit Enrique or not, doing it stops me getting a really shit leader and improves my chances of a female ruler so I can hopefully trigger Iberian Wedding.

It's my first EU4 game, I've played other Grand Strategy games (V2, CK2) but still learning my way around this game.

Yep its been about 50 years since then and there are only 2 electors now and Austria has eaten half of Germany might even form it. Im not sure if my game can handle 2 final bosses between super Austria and 1.20 Ming that even got global trade to spawn in their capitol.

what mod

What games where I can be le comfy merchand?