PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND GENERAL /PUBGG/

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

>Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

>FPS guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

>Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

>Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

>Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

+++News+++
>Sound patch live
twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/851706489030885376

>1 gorrilion copies sold
twitter.com/pubattlegrounds/status/851456792840118272
Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0xLyumsKWNY
youtube.com/watch?v=rsiPQW5L2Y4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it's a there's no cars to be found and the circle's on the other side of the island episode

I think I'm going to quit this game until third person is taken out.

>they play third person

I hope you guys don't do this

>it's a your entire squad dies instantly but then you go on to have 13 kills and finish 3rd episode
mixed feels

>laggy player in a care, probably from fucking china
>driving around and runs me over as he rubber bands all over the place

NICE

>when

Are all the crates the same or do the more expensive ones give you better stuff?

youtube.com/watch?v=0xLyumsKWNY

hahahahahahaha

i hope this is a joke

I honestly can't believe this shit. The game was somewhat palatable when the engine.ini file could increase FoV. The that that they're flat out refusing to make it an option after removing it confuses the hell out of me. Why do they do this?

in4 my 1st solo win

>squad mode
>got the kar98 with 8x scope
>hitting CONSISTENT knock down headshots with perfect 400m zeroing distance
>doesnt count on my record because they were just knock downs

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>not a pacifist win

you're SHIT

the only stat that matters is wins desu

This game worth $30?

Does this game still run terribly?

Yes
No its worth like $10, since the devs and programmers are butt fucking retarded see
Also nice to note that they roll out with content patches before optimizing so they can break more shit and make the game unplayable
>but dey are different jobs!
I know, but fucking FIX the game first off. What the fuck is the point of new weapons if the servers and other shit are fucked

whose ur fav streamer for this game /pubgg/?

mine is video related

youtube.com/watch?v=rsiPQW5L2Y4

Sacriel but this is vg so...
>watching people play videogames what are you 12 and gay?

Because FoV can be abused.

It's 3rd person 360 degrees viewing as well. What the fuck can be abused?

You fanboys taking it up the ass by these fools, and they dont even give you reacharounds

Couple days in from the patch and the servers are back to being their shit self. Good effort!

stop being stupid

This thread is dead as fuck

>i cant recognize how shit their servers are

Cmon, we all know you are gay for PU, but have some self respect

I'm genuinely shocked. Does DayZ and ARMA 3 still have lively generals?

Seems Reddit is the only active community for this game.

I almost feel like I wished they would have had the game in a bit better state before EA because the player base is going to be burnt out sooner than later.

>reddit

Whats the appeal of this game? Is it just more dust or h1z1 shit where everyone shoots on site and i get backstabbed for even remotely trusting someone?

It's battle royale not a sandbox game

bingo

what do you mean by better state? I've had no problems with it

Hahaha yah, goyim, no problem at all. Spend those shekels on the game

could just say what problems you're having autismo

>land at building, loot akm and ammo, helmet and 2 armor
>hear footsteps outside, position on stairs
>have vision of his feet and torso coming from window
>unload 5 shots with blood splatter
>nothing
>immediately get head shot, killed by a pistol
>he was actually in the building
>full 3 seconds of desync
>it looked like i was afk to him probably

Servers are fine! Buy the game goyim

so you got shit on by a person with a pistol and you're mad about it

>find kar98
>not a single optic anywhere

>find a x8, 2 x4, and endless red dots
>not a single rifle anywhere

Finally won a game lads.

>find pan
>find gloves

>not a single weapon anywhere

Don't hide your darn wookie ass in the bushes. My nigga will find ya anyway.

how do you do this

ini settings that have now been restricted.

> restricted
With just a bit of magic, they are not.

I'm the kind of person that turns the FOV slider up to 100+ in most games and I honestly don't have an issue with it in pubg. Maybe it's the third person aspect being the dominant view but the FOV seems perfectly fine.

they have far more important things to spend their time on honestly

>cutting off the version #

wow good for you buddy you really did it

you let go of your self-esteem forever

If editing the ini files is cheating then third person is cheating too.

Everybody is cheating then, stop your whining.

comparing
>going into the game's file and editing them according to some unofficial stuff you found on the Internet
and
>using a game's feature

Great post.

I'm sorry, what's the monkey logic you're applying here?

Dump them deadweights

hurr durr

listen faggot, it isn't cheating if you alter the game files, I have not input anything into the game from a 3rd party

YOU are the 3rd party fucking retard.

Sacriel if you want to learn how to play better, but summit, lirik, etc are good for casual watching

why this shit is so hyped?
how is it better then arma3 br?

so playing the game as a human is automatically cheating?

listen, how is it not skill to edit ini files (which is also a feature since the devs allow it), it just makes me a better player than those who don't

>but you're cheating coz u have a brain!!1!

Well it's a lot like arma 3 br.

I guess it strikes a good balance between h1z1 and dayz kind of excitement, hence the popularitu

Times of the great a3g threads are probably in the past, tfw :(

Because bushes and trees weren't some onbstacle you were meant to "overcome".

if that's true then why can I?

PUBG is a controlled environment, everything within is greenlit by the devs

I'll hazard a guess, correct me if I'm wrong. I think this is because pubg is a terrible, shitty game, and Veeky Forums usually likes good game.

Plausible?

But Veeky Forums likes hearthstone, overwatch and world of Warcraft for example. Your theory won't work.

>direct hit with a s12 to the body from like half a metre with no armor
>he lives

Shotguns op everyone.

>guise removing walls is not cheating

>guise using game features is cheating

removing game making features is cheating
making it availible via .ini files was an oversight from devs
there is no excuse

>arguing with the shitter who needs to cheat

ok kid, see ya when i snipe you through your precious cover

Buy it off a third party. My bot manged to snipe a copy of the game for 19USD on g2a.

so having a shit computer is basically cheating then ok gotcha, because the end result is the same

No you dumbass, shit computers play on very low

S12 is dogshit, worst gun in game probably

t. trustfund kid

Look, I got a winrate of 30ish%. I REK kiddos like you, by using tactics that you wish you would have thought of earlier.

does it do worst damage than the other shotties? i've been using it and killing just fine with it

Yeah apparently it does, main issue is the recoil. Double barrel over under shotty is the best, helps you dispatch 2 enemies in no time, can't do that with pump either.

double barrel with a choke is pretty much a rail gun

Is this game worth getting at the moment?

I was really big into dayz in the earliest days when it was a mod, and I haven't touched a survival shooter or battle royal shooter since.

Is it worth it at this point? Or is its future too uncertain and it's netcode too hit or miss?

Yep, only shotgun I can get on with sadly. Pump time between shots is crippling af.

If you got a good enough system to run it at high to ultra, and if you got a m.2 drive (theorized that it makes it smoother), then sure, go for it. Its smooth enough to have fun in.

Hmm. I guess I could always get it and refund it if it sucks.

I'm just worried I'll have fallen for the EA trap yet again.

Niggas never finish their games

My other big worry is the current meta involving third person view.

It seems super lame that the whole game is about switching between third and first person to peek around corners

never played a 3rd person game? check windows and use nades and shotguns

I've played a 3rd person game I just prefer survival games to be first person only for no peeksies

>match starts
>attachment, attachment, clothes
>more attachments, more clothes
>gunfire all around me

I get 60fps on average and 40 in towns, so it runs fine on my 660

Wait to see what the optimisation patch does

Full auto is objectively superior because it maximizes the odds that the server will agree that enough of your shots actually existed to score a kill.

>find a kar with 8x, vest, helmet and m16
>no meds and only find a backpack near end of round
>still win :^)

>play 2560x1440
>ultra AA
>ultra textures
>low foilage and shadows
>still can't see people who can see me

th-thanks

Yes, I'm constantly going from 60 FPS down to 1-5 FPS if I pan around too fast

Just a quick idea but...if one could turn off foliage through the ini files...then there is no protection of the integrity of the client loading (or in this case not loading) the assets into the game. Dont games usually have a memory checksum of some sort? if they only patched the ini files, then perhaps they did not patch the more manual memory manipulation.

That is at least what I assume.

But the game got so much cash that they can pour a lot into third party anti cheat systems (and they already use battleye?)

what are you saying senpai

hes high on sugar and hollywood movies

What I am saying is that I have no clue as to how far the engine manipulation, and the batteleye thing are interwoved. In between the cracks one may still choose not to load assets, like rocks and trees into the game.

Explaining why the other fag says that the ini files tweaking still works.

Usually games also have somekind of integrity checksum of some sort? Though I am not entirely sure on this thing. To see if all the proper assets, and proper things are loaded into the game. To ensure some basic means of quality for all.

This game is fun with some friends and VoIP

But I am genuinely concerned that nothing is going to get fixed. I play in third person but would much rather play in FPV if I knew everyone else was also FPV rather than looking at me from the other side of a wall

The .ini file thing also really bothers me and is another factor ruining this game because why the fuck do I want to role play for 10 minutes in a running simulator just to get shot when I am in the last 5 by someone with an 8x scope who has edited out the fucking bush I am sitting in from their game files? What the actual fuck?

I was kind of surprised when there was no general for PUBG last time I checked, but holy shit I am not seeing the long term value of this game with the current Dev team leadership

lmao this game is ded as fuck and nobody is going to be playing it by the end of the month, you niggers are seriously retarded for calling it an h1z1 killer

at least try to hide your concern trolling

we are not even the same person you daft user. The ini thing is a big problem for when you get to the top10. Most people already avoid the bushes and all vegetation. There needs to be more to make sure that all the bushes, trees and rocks are loaded in. or maybe that other user is bluffing by saying that the ini thing still works.

>This game is fun with some friends and VoIP
so is almost every other game ever