/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: 97 days for splatoon

Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
-SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT JULY 21!
-New mode announced and it's called Salmon run, its a new PVE gamemode where you need to fight hordes of salmonoid creatures with 3 friends! youtube.com/watch?v=8alvfmZi0zY
-New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl,boy and squid, they can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
pastebin.com/h04p6aqy (embed)

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9 (embed)

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL (embed)

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-15/new-splatoon-manga-launches-on-may-15/.114875
youtube.com/watch?v=othifj91Q3w
youtube.com/watch?v=6FsyVf4hWvw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sex with sex!

Friends with Octolings!

>really want to finish BotW for once and all
>still keeps playing Splatoon instead from day to day, even if I already saw all it has to offer

What's wrong with me?

You're squid is not good!

The same is going to happen to me with mk8 and botw when I finally buy my switch for the former. I should be more excited for Zelda but... /mk8g/s return man. Got me hopelessly hyped.

Ink Skates!

Hideki Naganuma Soundtrack!

Anything to make Spla2n less "Teen" and more "Punk"!

somebody draw this fucking sexy squid

I drew squid girl for Easter

It's Friday though

cute also it's saturday tho

Bitch, the timestamp on your post literraly says "Fri"

???

I thought Veeky Forums used whatever time zone the servers were in, but I guess it's dependent on the user's time zone instead.

The more you know.

That's fucking kawaii, but who's the one on the left?

Thats some great art

I just noticed the headgear for the new school outfit are earrings shaped like a 2. That's pretty neat.

The loading icon is also shaped like a two, but it's a splashing stream of pink ink.

Team Callie 5ever

Hmmmm

Have there been any wider shots of the new hub? I'm trying to work out what all the stores are.

You can see a hat shop, Ammo Knights and probably Salmon Run on the left. Then I'm guessing that's local battle on the right and maybe a minigame? Crusty Sean seems to show up in a truck just off camera, but he's not selling shoes any more, so there must be another couple of stores somewhere.

>got into low level squib lobby while using the inkbrush
>managed to sneak all the way into the enemy spawn without being seen
>walk up behind charger squib
>give her butt a nice firm slap with the brush
>watch her panic shoot everywhere as I send her off the cliff

Why is it so fun teasing squibs? I'm sorry Adri

>earrings
nice

I spot a red mailbox on the left! Memeverse is back!

Even if it's just for Splatoon I will be so happy to see all that "graffiti" again

The tv studio is on the right side, towards the lobby entrance. You can see the 'On Air' sign and an inkling peeking through the glass. Question is: will Callie and Marie be visible inside?

Riots if they're not!

Ooh, nice catch. You can kinda see it blurrily in the background of the trailer in one shot.

Seamlessly reconstructed using the latest squid forensics.

Definitely has that new green/purple theme on the walls.

is this the Nintendo Face?

>the little video from the direct uses english
>proper english

Since fucking when did Inklings and the others use english?

I hope the Squid Girl outfit comes back

For them our cities are like Atlantis that was actually found. Their linguists and historians decyphered the language, found that it was simple and logical and adopted as one of written languages. They obviously can't speak it, though, but graffiti on the walls and TV ads don't need to talk.

But why try to adopt a dead language for an entirely different civilization, AND keep using the language you've created over thousands upon thousands of years?

I mean, for historical and research purposes, it's great, so know they can learn more about their human predecessors.

because it's the language of the dead gods who forged your technologies

I too hope this but probably not.

haha love doing that

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-15/new-splatoon-manga-launches-on-may-15/.114875
>The May issue of Shogakukan's Coro Coro Comics magazine revealed on Saturday that Sankichi Hinodeya will launch a new Splatoon manga starting in the magazine's June issue, which will ship on May 15. The May issue also published a full-color preview chapter for the manga.

There are clearly a lot of different languages in Inkopolis. Take at least Jelonzo who learned inklish and other jellies who didn't.

hopefully the writing is better, or at least calms down on squidboy nudity for jokes

They really do loves them some squid butt, don't they.

Nah, Goggles nudes must stay. Just don't reuse the same reasons for them.

I know its a bit early to ask but maybe someone in this thread knows. Do the old amiibo have a different function in the new game?

They haven't said anything about them yet as far as I'm aware.

it was hinted that we are going to get a school uniform, ninja outfit and an armor they were shown after the amiibos, thats all the "proof" we have but I cant guarantee they are amiibo exclusive

Playable Octolings when?

Why can't they get along?!

>yfw a Splatoon 2 update is released that adds an alternate 4v4vSalmon Horde mode where Squidlings and Octolings fight each other for eggs

I can actually kinda see that happening. It bypasses the lore and gear problems.

But then you have the issue of how to use Octolings in the Hub and how to buy them gear. I want them to get along

well they can aways grab discarded gear from the sewers or dumpsters

maybe the Salmonid are outbreeding the Octolings and Squidlings, and only come ashore in specific areas, forcing Squidlings and Octolings to beat down their common foe while also fighting each other for the precious Salmonid egg resources

for narrative reasons, DJ Octavio sneaks into Inkopolis "periodically" i.e. each time a player enters a Horde queue, to "steal" that player's Squidling gear for their Octoling alt to use in Horde mode, and when the player quits the queue to play some other mode their Squidling swipes the gear back and takes it up to Inkopolis

Aren't there a bunch of hints that Octolings are going to be playable? It would be incredibly idiotic if they didn't seeing as how popular Octolings are

I want to bully DJ Octavio!

Smuggling

I'm afraid I think most of what made them seem playable was just down to the fact that they were coded as a subtype of the player character, rather than any deliberate hints.

They are popular though, and so far Splatoon 2 has basically been ticking wish list item after wish list item for me, so who knows.

Let's take a closer look at this image together.
>Cute earrings
>Shirt unbuttoned down to the third button
>Loose bow
>Long moe sleeves
>Short skirt
>Spats on under skirt
>Loose socks
>Cute loafers
Truly a gift from god himself.

Was it confirmed he's actually helping them with the OST? It'd be kickass if he really is.

Nah, he said he'd like to, but I don't think Nintendo ever responded.

I'm so glad that we don't have to choose between spats and skirts. Couldn't have asked for a better design.
Now if only the boys could crossdress.

>Wii U suddenly stops connecting games to the internet
>options menu internet test works fine
>every other device on the network works fine
>it just doesn't want to play any games online
>cucked out of splat zones because reasons

smugling

Is best band coming back for the sequel?

Nah, he's pretty tied up I think with another project.

youtube.com/watch?v=othifj91Q3w

youtube.com/watch?v=6FsyVf4hWvw

So what other species could they add in Splatoon that could be playable?

I'm sure they could make their idea of rabbits work, but use stylized sea hares instead. Since they're slugs they could leave a very small ink trail behind them when walking/running but I dunno how much that would affect gameplay. Since it's set so far in the future they could probably make some other sea creatures evolve and also produce ink.

Jellyfish, I guess

Shoot, now that's a shame. Guess there's always next time. Those are some bitching tracks though.

bumpo

Could be better

>winning RM with an all e-liter squad

is that a shark? is that a nipple?

really hoping for more maps for salmon run and not just one

I have a feeling it'll be one map at launch and they'll add a map here or there as they go along

I feel like they'll probably do the same with hairstyles and Octolings

I'm sure there'll be a few.

In the past weeks I've found a new love for the paintbrush

God is good

Cuttlefish seems like the obvious one that's missing. You could caricature them like wise old monks that remained neutral in the war, with a big forehead representing their big brain, and their funny eyes and beard-like tentacles.

Praise skater bucket |0|

dead fucking thread

Can you play Salmon Run solo?

Doubt it, unless they've developed really good bots. You'd probably just get murdered trying to solo it.

If you mean solo queue, definitely. Solo as in really actually solo- maybe not. Maybe tri-squads for Salmon Run will be a common sight.

Unf

We need more squidmoms

this is terrifying to watch
i feel like it's about to jump out of the screen

Would you an uncut woomy?

As long as I can touch her suction cups I'm game

>tfw running a 3-4:1 Splatzones KDA with OG roller in B-

That's a big woomy

You're in luck! Pick any limb, and you'll find a suction cup you can touch!

Time to grab the lube then

No need, inklings' own ink is an excellent lubricant!

>Inklings are a social species, so it’s no surprise that you can even snap photos with your amiibo friend in Inkopolis Square.

Does this mean they'll jump out of the box and follow you around the hub?

Also, ika radio 2 on the right.

i wanna get a capture card entirely and only for splatoon