/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

eotugame.com/
stellaris.smods.ru/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ESSENTIAL STELLARU MODS?
pastebin looks useless as fuck

Note that if you try to study the titans there is a chance they can attack your colony.
The way this works is that they appear as a neutral invasion. You'll need to build like ten assault troops at least to take it back from them, and you can't bombard your own colony in this situation for some reason.

Just advice to hold off on researching the project if it arises until you can deal with that potential consequence.
Having to drop minerals and energy into an army that early on can hurt.

Nice looking planet, the endless forests mod places tile blockers you can clear from the start, though being Preservationists I'd feel bad

were is this spidy meme from ? i'd read it , doesn't look too weeb

HAK HAK HAK

Do spiritualists get butthurt over extensive gene-modding? I mean, you're still changing the body the gods gifted you with or some shit like that.

Alright, i'll keep it in mind. Haven't settled one before. Shitting out another colony now.

It's "Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?"

A web novel that got adapted in a manga. It's intended to be another deconstruction of the "NEET gamer find himself reincarnated in a RPG world and make everyone his bitch" fad. The writing is decent, the translations are pretty shitty, and the manga makes the spider way too cute as opposed to the disgusting monster she is in the novel.

And I'm still waiting for a good RTS with spiders, and ants, and wasps and shit.

-UI overhaul 1080 p

-any of the mods that allow more than one crisis to happen in one game

-unique system spawns 100% to always be able to find Sanctuary , Sol AND all of the leviathans from the DLC instead of just 3-4 per game

- argue ably essential : more planet cap

How do I stellaris?

I'm back from not playing it in a long time.
I tried playing it yesterday and i fallen behind in technology and fleet size compared to much smaller empires.
WHAT THE FUCK

Also how do i fleet composition now?
It used to be corvette spam ONLY
Is it the same now or should i just focus on the biggest ships i have?

At this point i have no idea what\s going on and i need some hints

Neat, a Gaia planet close to our borders. Didn't even see it when I first came through :^)

>gaia with 90 hab

It's weird to look at

Impossible Creatures 2 when?

Waiting for eotugame.com/ myself.

But Impossible Creatures was kinda fun too. I liked building fortresses with these spiky thorns.

I just got the pop up for this fuckers
you space hacker ! damn you , i wasn't ready

>>-any of the mods that allow more than one crisis to happen in one game
i'm more likely to remove crises--find myself far, far more interested in political climate over some god-shit deleting my opponents

>tfw

definitely never

uh oh, the fanatic xenophobes are gettin riled up

What's the best way to go full imperial groß without taking fanatic xenophobe for the border range?

Are you sure it's a .4% chance of happening? I got this event two playthroughs in a row.

You can just do xenophobe.

+15% from xenophobe
+20% from an early social tech
+20% from domination opener

There's other I've forgot

That looks pretty cool. Thanks for sharing it.

+10% from a civic.(also gives 1 extra rival I think)

T-REX BURGER TIME LADS

I think it's 0.8%
It's also every time you enter a new black hole system.

When playing fanatic purifiers, do cleansing worlds as a wargoal count towards the unity gain from purging pops?

what's wrong with fanatic xenophobe?

no, some user tried it last thread and only got it from purging

I assume they might just have other ethics in mind to get some meme civics or something.

Eh, I want to try and build a grorious imperium, but without being all FUGGING XENOS about it.

Perhaps fanatic militarist and materialist?

>I want to try and build a grorious imperium, but without being all FUGGING XENOS about it.

that is literally what militarist is made for my man

You can do Militarist Authoritarian (or egalitarian) Xenophobes. It's basically isolationists who would only care about themselves while subjugating others. You can even enslave aliens.

Exactly my thoughts.

Perhaps, but I'm thinking something along the lines of "we're all going to be one big happy cosmopolitan empire, by force if necessary"
Fanatic militarist and egalitarian might be the best.

What about militarist xenophile egalitarian? If not, then yeah I think F-mili and egal are best thematically

>militarist xenophile egalitarian

holy shit this is definitely what I'm going to do for my first playthrough

conquer the aliens, but they love it

>want to make divine empire of peaceful xeno-huggers who love liberty
>only option when egalitarian is elections

Is there a mod to unlock certain shit being tied to certain ethics like that?

What exactly are you asking for? You want a Democratic government when Authoritarian?

>T-REX BURGER TIME LADS
got that in my current game.

and they still let me recruit them as armies.

also I got gene modding so I put agrarian on the pops there so they will probably be able to feed a 40 planet empire on their own at maximum farm upgrade

>but without being all FUGGING XENOS about it
just go regular xenophobe and enslave any useful species, and displace any that aren't

Holy fuck we found some slaves boys, my -25% mineral species can finally put their shovels down

>repugnant
Better genemod those disgusting fucks.

Is there a Steam Workshop downloader that works?

>build a free mining station on a +3 ec/month
>or scrap it for 610 minerals @ 30 a month

hmmmm

skymods.ru

what's with the format of the stellaris mods from the .ru website? it has a .mod file + folder named a certain number, a zip inside the folder, with another .mod file (and the actual assets of the mod), and all the .mod files are named "descriptor.mod"

I hate that fucking event, it never works out for the better.

Corvette spam is still a thing, it's just easily countered ever since they overhauled combat a few patches back. Evasion was heavily nerfed in general, and they also added tracking to weapons as an additional countermeasure against it. So while corvettes can still evade large weapons, they have a harder time with smaller weapons, which have better tracking and accuracy. Also missiles have extremely high tracking which makes them perfect counters to corvette spam, especially since corvettes can no longer have point defense.

You can still get by spamming corvettes though, because they're cheap and fast and if the enemy is spamming cruisers and battleships they'll have fewer small weapon slots to deal with corvettes.

Also in terms of weapon meta, kinetic is now meta, lasers are meh, and missiles are generally bad past early game because the AI spams point defense. They nerfed laser armor penetration and accuracy and buffed kinetics by giving them bonuses against shields AND armor that scale with weapon size. So kinetics are good at all stages of the game. Plasma is also very strong because it's armor penetration is still very high, no reason to use lasers at all once you get plasma.

How does slave pop growth work? Makes sense that the game prioritizes my pops growing faster than them, but damn nigga. 0.10 is castration tier.

Mostly asking because I often get an event that gives one slave (Alien Trespasser) and another one that I forgot. Dunno if it's from mods.

It's stellaris.smods.ru/

the mods are uploaded in the way that steam saves them

when you unzip the compressed file it gives you a folder and a .mod file with the same 89849849 number that the mod

the folder needs to go in the workshop folder created inside paradox game , somewhere in program files

mod file goes alone in a folder named mod

if you open the mod file using notepad it will show you how the path needs to look like for it to work ,

are spinal mounted X weapons worth using? if so which one?

i remember hearing that arc emitters were the best but i don't know if thats still true

>Endless Space 1 is $1
>no one talking about it
personally I dont have much to say because of how easy I find it but this still boggles me

also should I buy Endless Space 2 now or wait for a sale?

what is google ?

Kinetic Artillery and/or Tachyon Lances

me and a friend got it today , didn't like it and he refunded it one hour later

i'm totally going to try ES2 though

nah dawg, you just stick 'em in mydocs/mod like any other paradox game

personally I really enjoyed Endless Space up until the point where it no longer provided any challenge to me

>Playing a multiculti powerhouse in Stellaris
>Be a liberal democracy
>Get a communique from someone
>Thought it's my nemesis
>Instead, it's a bunch of slaves from their empire who want to be free
>Accept them into my empire
>Check the system I got
>It's the capital system of my rival
>mfw

steam does some weird shit

In the end the Unbidden were beaten not by Might, but by Friendship.

>inb4 why are your minerals so low
>inb4 why is your energy so low

Yeah, basically. Open all the government types no matter what ethics choices you have. Like egalitarians spiritualists who have a monarchy instead of requiring democratic elections

Why do you have so much food?
Why is your mineral income so low?
Energy doesn't matter as long as you're in a positive balance.

>Jon Tron Prime

That sounds like it would be trivial to do with a mod.

>why is your mineral income so low
It was at +350 before, figure it's because I mobilized all my fleets at once.
Plus colonization rush since we managed to beat back the Unbidden, had to claim back all the worlds and didn't have the time to build anything useful.

>why do you have so much food
It's like 5 am and I couldn't bother destroying the farms when I could just pretend my nation is fighting an obesity crisis.

spectral wraith just jumped into the ringworld sanctuary system and got itself killed for me...

It is a relatively older title.

Buy it now since it has a 25% discount compared to when it will be on release.

I was drunk

It is. It's very explicit in the files you have to change, not hidden at all.

So can i research psionics then switch to materialist?

I'm going spiritualist with deviant/natural engineers to push towards materialism.

>tfw I never get any nice stuff like the sanctuary, horizon signal, non-xenophobic FE neighbors, etc
Just fucking kill me.

cool

Whats the best way to purge a species I just conquered?

Basically they're a shitty cuck species with awful genetics than also inhabit continental words so I want to BTFO them so humans can populate the worlds

I'm thinking processing looks pretty good. 10 years and they cease to exist

It's theoretically possible, but with how it works right now, you won't be able to get enough materialistic pops to embrace the faction because psionic tech adds spiritualist attraction and to attract materialists you need robots, but you can't research them.

Rename it to ProtonJon Prime and you will be forgiven.

>tfw this shit is 3 jumps from Sol and blocking my expansion

Fuck you too game.

extermination is 5 years

>he fell for the hyperlane meme

Name my Species and Empire, /civ4xg/.

Im a big Aurora 4x fan and i play exclusively on Hyperlanes only.

>Energy doesn't matter as long as you're in a positive balance.

pull the other one.

Floating 10k-20k+ energy is something everyone should do once they get the opportunity.

>late game energy is easier to get than minerals
>energy can be used to buy minerals, curator help/scientists, artist troupe stuff, spice etc.
>helps to maintain positive balance even when you have 500k + of jump drive naval power flying around at the same time

Minerals is still the name of the game and mineral input allows you to get more of everything else, but floating energy gives you some flexibility and reassurance. Plus it's quick and easy for making economic factions very happy.

What galaxy shape is most interesting/fun for hyperlane only?

Why does Stellaris get discussed 99% here when Civ VI is objectively the superior game?

Which mod let's you settle on tomb worlds?
Please answer me!

Finally beat Awakened FE in a war. It was pretty easy, just had to chip away his 100k fleets one by one. He head like 6 of them. I had a big 280k fleet . Now I'm at 100 planets with 1200 pops. Still, there's a huge federation on the other side with equivalent strength. Might have to wage a war with them on more than 4 sides.

in Stellaris you can actually build FUN and GREAT tall empires
in civ6 tall doesn't even EXIST!@!!

W-what is this worm thing that wants to eat my scientists?

Oh god I'm committing to it, pray for me.

Species Dindu Nuffins
Empire Bix Nood

It loves you.

>playing any Civ game before it has all the expansions/DLC released

What does tall mean in this context?

not colonizing in any context

Are f. purifiers still broken?

Because it's too similar to Civ V and in turn slightly similar to Civ IV and Alpha Centauri.

I have put literally 2000+ hours collectively into those three games to the point where I really couldn't give much of a shit about Civ any more.

That being said Stellaris is a piece of shit and the only fun I have is in spite of the game's design. It's fun enough on multiplayer where you can scheme with or against other players but that's understandably hard to do with the time investment required.

However, this is how it's turned out, rest in peace.

The one I'm using in that picture is Planetary Diversity, which allows you to start in Tomb Worlds. However it also adds like 20 new types of colonizable planets and balances habitability.

I'm sure you'd be able to find other mod that allows you to choose Tomb Worlds to start on without adding new types of planets.

Why won't YOU discuss civ6 then?

>I'm thinking processing looks pretty good. 10 years and they cease to exist

Processing if you need food 10 years.

If you don't want diplo pen - Displacement - who knows

Forced labour takes 20 more years than extermination but they produce food & minerals. Could be useful if you are planning on building mines or farms on the planets anyway.

Neutering is a waste of time.

If you don't want them.. just resettle one pop of your species to each purge planet and exterminate the rest. Deal with it in 5 years.

>Over 50 years since I put species as undesirables and they haven't been displaced yet
Help.

>Whats the best way to purge a species I just conquered?
This.

Neutering really just seems like an RP option, or a way to really be hard on the species that causes you a lot of trouble.