DROPSHIPPING GENERAL - Make Veeky Forums Great Again Edition

Dropshipping is one of the easiest ways to make money. Hardly any overhead needed. Easy bux.

>What is dropshipping?
shopify.com/guides/dropshipping/understanding-dropshipping

>How do I get started?
Buy a domain, shopify subscription, basic LLC licensing if in the states. Can start with just a sole proprietorship

>Where do I find products?
Aliexpress

>Useful Shopify Apps
Oberlo, Scarcity, Conversion Plus, McAfee Secure, Product Upsell

>Official Discord
discord.gg/Zs2gY5u
discord.gg/Zs2gY5u

>Useful Threads:
archive.is/UovEZ
archive.is/VtLq4

Drop your site for honest reviews and tips. Honesty is helpful in this cutthroat business. Trust me.

Other urls found in this thread:

paxandroid.com
amazon.co.uk/d/Health-Personal-Care/Beard-Oil-Easy-Breed-Delicious/B01KV7F0PQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484772263&sr=8-1&keywords=easy breed
amazon.co.uk/Laptop-Shoulder-Adjustable-Strap-Laptops/dp/B01N6LMRRQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484772378&sr=8-1&keywords=brakzak
urbansurvival.co/
discord.gg/Zs2gY5u
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

paxandroid.com

Made my first 2 sales today! got in about $8.20 in profit.

I've noticed an odd thing about my advertisement demographic for facebook.

The most impressions and first sale I've had were 13-17 yr old women.

Congrats! Might want to consider using a different theme and looking less spammy without having everything on sale.

That's what I'm working on now, many of the free themes don't really work well with the site. However, I do have a few ideas, I may update the site in early February.

Every 10 seconds a pop up, "someone just bought some shit in Toronto". That was annoying. Looked pretty good besides that.

I noticed that too. I think it's from an app, I hope it is. I'll have to fix it

Thank you both for the feedback!

Congratulations on your first sales.

What are you using to convert the currencies by the way? I noticed that it's not working - prices are always displayed in dollars.

>paxandroid.com
USA or bust KEK

How many impressions/ reach did youg et on your facebook ad?

When you say profit, if that including the advertising and hosting costs?

How clearly do you state that the shit will take about a month to arrive?

is an LLC or sole proprietorship absolutely necessary?

bumpo

Anyone have a good guide for short peddling? Anyone have success?

The fist one I've done ( it was about a marble iPhone case in the store) did really well and got a lot of good feedback. However, I used a google shortlink instead of a big (shop now) button, which I'm sure scared the customers away.

I learned my lesson really fast, but the newest ad did pretty poor. I think it was because of location settings.

I'm using bitly link. Should I change it?
I got 1900 reach with my ad but only 68 pixel fires and only 4 views of product

Yes, try switching it Rooney of those "shop now" ads. That can convince the customer to directly buy the product there.

Thanks lets see

What do you guys think? Is there an untapped market for shirts/hoodies with Trumpy/conservative shit on them?

Like Ayn Rand shirts, pro 2A shirts, unapologetic right wing Veeky Forums shit?

You'll have to beat the prices. Some peke would rather buy official Trump merch but that doesn't mean they won't buy your clothes.

Teespring and similar sites are swarming with shirts like these already, so you'll have e to beat them as well

>buy chink shit and sell it on your website

is anyone actually making any money?

also why not just use amazon fba?

some

there are pros and cons to ds and fba. depends on what your product and niche is.

Which method of payment do you guys use on your websites?

I'm selling 2 products on amazon, beard oil and bags. The Beard oil was selling for a while but then completely stopped. I never sold one bag.

I'm now busy upgrading the beard oil

amazon.co.uk/d/Health-Personal-Care/Beard-Oil-Easy-Breed-Delicious/B01KV7F0PQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484772263&sr=8-1&keywords=easy breed

amazon.co.uk/Laptop-Shoulder-Adjustable-Strap-Laptops/dp/B01N6LMRRQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484772378&sr=8-1&keywords=brakzak

Probably because profit margins are much lower with FBA.

You can find cheap chinkshit on Aliexpress and sell it to western goyim with much higher profit.

I'm interest in this too. I have set paypal express checkout but to accept debit cards I would like to use Payflow Pro. I can't find the credentials and I have a verified business account.

I'm afraid that despite being from EU country since I'm not UK, that option isn't available to me? Couldn't find any solution on internet, emailed paypal support day ago and still no answer.

Bump

How long did it take to get your first sale?

Anyone making over $1,000 per month?

Also how do you deal with returns for Aliexpress items?

What did you use to make the site?

Is this thread really for sharing advices and tips and tricks for Dropshipping?

How do you think?
I actually think someone who earn tons of profit a day would not share the unique strategy,

And I am even launching for selling toward native english speaking nations, too,
And next target is Spanish speaking people, and next is Russians.

I am stepping to conquer the dropshipping field, but never share the strategy.

C'mon now,

That could happen, but it's just a dot amount among tons of sells.

Don't mind those mistakes, if it happens, just refund and be cool to treat your customers, do refund for them.

You will get 80% profit even if you happen to have problem for selling to the customers of 20% ratio.

how do you deal with the ridiculous shipping time from aliexpress?

do people really wait 3 weeks to get a phone case or a tshirt?

The most, important question is,

How do you deal with the lot of numbers of orders from customers. I actually have been watched dropshipping threads in Veeky Forums for a while,

And you were all dealing with the subjects for newbie starters, we need actually much more deeper, and specific answer now.

Well maybe, it's just the middle or high class dropshipping sellers are shunning to share the idea, I think so.

"we cut out the middle men by selling our stock direct from factory, which is why we can offer great quality products are such incredibly low prices"

Problem fixed. You can re-word any negative into something that sounds like a positive.

Shopify

One of the orders is "in processing" and it's been over 48 hours.

Plus, where do I see my revenue? It's not in my bank account. I just see $8.40 in profit in oberlo, no option to move it or cash out.

Ive known about a thing called dropshipping for a while, but I only recently figured out what the process was.

I guess I just don't understand why people spend so much money. It blows my mind that people are giving away money on twitch, and blows my mind that people would wait 3 weeks for a phone case.

I guess i just don't know anybody that does that, and I'm figuring out the marketing side of things

Is this even working when you have platforms like Amazon, eBay, Ali, etc..? This just feels like Shopify cucking people hard with that minimum $29 monthly pricing just for providing a ready to use dropshipping platform.

How much did you spend on ads?

If youre in the USA, youre automatically a sole propriortorship (igaf about spelling), but I would recomend filing to become an LLC just in case if its reasonable in your state (here its only $85 and then $15 / year)

Marketing does wonders. You dont scam smart people. If youre spending part of your day on a business forum, you are not the target audience

Nm dropshipping, is FBA with cheap shit from China still a viable strategy? I'd rather invest money to be able to guarantee 1 day shipping than risk my domain/brand being ruined by bad reviews

Yes it works. All my sales have been organic. Haven't quite broken even yet with expenses. The $30 per month is just an operating expense like any other business. It's already payed for itself.
I've spent around $200 on FB ads so far. Most Facebook visitors have been just window shopping. I'm ceasing fb ads and switching to influencers on Instagram for now

My shit isn't cheap. Yes it's made by the chinks, but I've quality tested every product on my store. That an advantage I offer that buying from AliExpress doesn't. I'm not scamming anyone. Just basic arbitrage for chink products.
ePackets. Orders reach the US in 12-20 days. All of mine have reached the customer in 10-12.
Variation of strategy is important. Basic process is something anyone can find with research. I haven't shared anything that isn't already available on the internet.

My store is www.sunburysupplyco.com for those interested. If you actually want to buy something, just mention Veeky Forums and I'll throw in a freebie or two.

My question was more related to whether it's still viable to not dropship, but rather mass-buy the goods yourself and send to Amazon to fulfil for you. The downside being less profit and competition for placement on Amazon, the upside being 1-day delivery for purchasers and you not having to deal with payment processing etc

Your site looks good.

fucking god 200 $ thats too much man, going to sponsor with people on insta now?

what about drop shipping with deal extreme? , what do you all think?

No it's really a small amount to get started. I really should go higher with ads if I really want to stay in business. Need different ads tho

I'm currently adding products to an automotive drop shipping site i'm trying to make. Mostly some lights/neon type shit but i'm having second thoughts on it. Maybe i'll just make a clothing meme site.

I would appreciate some feedback on my shop.

urbansurvival.co/

So far I've made 2 sales which equates to about $35 in profit.

Any tips on Facebook ads? Mine are up and running, but some insight on a better target audience would help.

Also wondering, should I do a automotive or clothing site? I'm sure the clothing one would be more popular but an automotive one seems more interesting.

>urbansurvival.co/
I love it.
You hit the nail on the head for your niche.

But the Chelsea only goes up to Size 10.
Might as well call it the Cuck.

Good work overall though.
Simple, easy, attractive.

I really like it, and I see some good potential for the vibe you have going. Here are some things I noticed that can help you out a bit:

Add more to your about page, it's severely lacking. Maybe write where you're based, e.g. "Based in Central London Area..." and maybe even give a little basic info on what you're selling, I think you get the idea.

I'm not a total fan of the periods after Every. Item. Name. Unless it's a choice by design for some edge, it's just not my personal taste, but feel free to keep it if you want.

Label the colors to the actual names of the colors for all products, and not numbers. maybe a small oversight on your end? Some of the products have them labeled correctly and a few don't.

I think a better shoe size range would be from 7 to 12 or something like that, just be sure to also have a few sizes above 10.

There should be a more in depth item description available across the board for the products. it doesn't need to be too much, either. Just make sure maybe on items like the canvas bag, write in the description the difference between the small and large sizes, you can get creative there and even write what size would be better suited for something if you want.

Great simplicity with the way you categorize the products with the tiles, I think it looks great. How long have you had the site up for, and what are your hopes for it?

Like the niche. You need to get a better theme. Your demographic isn't coffee loving hipsters, it's a more rugged crowd. Find keywords that best describe your niche and target on FB

Join the discord for some feedback from guys in web dev.
discord.gg/Zs2gY5u

Thanks everyone for these threads. The resources make everything so much more streamlined and this is very inspiring.

I'd tried dropshipping in the past but ran into the usual hang ups. For once I'm really looking forward to a new business venture. Wether it works out or not. Thanks!

How do I decide on a niche? I was thinking about products I use myself but the only thing that comes to mind are supplements and nootropics. Most of that shit is already out there, so it's not really a niche.

What are the best digital products to dropship?

Also, isn't it a bad idea to use Aliexpress as shipping takes forever?

Also, a lot of articles I read mention that it's best to dropship very expensive items so you can make a lot of profit. So around $200 - $2000.

How do I even go about finding these products? Sites like AliExpress obviously won't do for this

Thanks for the feedback. It's appreciated. I see where you're coming from with the sizes, but those are the sizes I can get from AliExpress.

Yeah, the about page is super short, so I'll put some time into that.

As for the periods, I kind of like it. The colors and descriptions will be updated as soon as I can. And for sizing read above.

I've had the site up for about a month I'd say and I'd really like to make more income on the side. It'd be great to see it take off though lol.

Who do you think my target demographic should be? I thought coffee loving hipsters ate this stuff up.

Guys who are making more than $1,000 more in profits (not just sales), how long did it take to get your first sale? And how long did it take ramp up to where you are now?

Also is this like pretty much every other type of self-employment, like 90% of people fail just getting off the ground?

You only fail if you're a dumbass. I know i would be amazing at dropshipping but ive never tried because im on more profitable and less boring businesses.

Been reading these threads and by god i know deep in my soul i am better at this than all of you.

Top kek

lol

Having trouble digging up any profit numbers for this, only six figures revenue numbers. Which is probably around what a corner liquor store takes in. I bet those Indian guys selling funyuns and fireball don't make more than 50k. Margin could be even smaller for dropshipping because the barrier to entry is so much lower. This is all speculation though.

Has anyone else been made to verify their shit on Aliexpress (bank statement and card and photo id)?

I haven't. Yet,

For those starting out, we have a discord with a few web devs for store feedback. A
discord.gg/Zs2gY5u

>www.sunburysupplyco.com
Congrats man, it's pretty professional!

Nope.

Could be something with me being from AU

so i'm selling something that
-takes 3-4 weeks to ship
-vendor on aliexpress offers a bulk discount
-i buy for $7-10 and sell for $30-40
-costs less than 4 dollars to pack + ship within US via usps
-sells 5-6 times a month

It makes sense to keep a small inventory in stock and fulfill myself, upselling "3 day shipping" or whatever usps offers? There are a couple dropshipper in my niche with similar or higher prices, offering the 3-4 week china shipping. Think I can edge them out with

How many Email accounts are involved in one site typically? Is it bad tatse to have only one for everything? Or maybe have two, one for Marketing/mailing list and another for support?

Any other thoughts?

Is there a really good, trusted guide to dropshipping and starting a proper business, online or elsewhere? Not just some random badly combined guide or Shopify's. I'm really serious about this so I'm willing to spend some.

Also, how can I test my niche to make sure it's profitable?

Basically looking for a robust guide, however much it costs. I find the biggest struggle to making it online is finding structure you can follow.

No, adwords

>And I am even launching for selling toward native english speaking nations, too

lol good luck with that

What would one do if you dropship from different aliexpress stores? Would you make your excuses about there being different warehouses, hence why the customers packages might not all turn up together?

If you wanted to add a freebie or a custom card or something along with every item you ship to a customer, how would you go about organising that?

spics have very low ad conversion rates.

The best conversion rates are from Scandanavians, and you can probably get away with marketing to them in English

I would definitely take 50k or even 30k in income if it didnt mean I have to wagecuck to some corporation, especially with all the SJW shit that goes on in modern Western workplaces

The easy money from ecommerce was gone 15 years ago. But that doesnt mean people cant make a modest living off of it.

A good guide is Wholesale Ted on Youtube

As for niche, the only surefire way to test it is to actually try selling it

>Dropshipping is one of the easiest ways to make money.
really? you have nonexistent margin long term. that's called easy nowadays?

Thanks for contributing to the decline of the fashion industry

i guess reinvest the initial profits into holding inventory from manufacturer, reduce costs and increase margin

Tons of people are making decent money tho.

A lot of normies use smartphones and tablets, and will impulse buy at your e-store if they like your site good enough.

Legit wholesale dropshipping has much better margins, enough to compete with others on amazon, but good luck trying to sell on Amazon when you got a list of 50 people also selling the same thing as you.

Small scale e-stores is were it will be at for the foreseeable future. Wagecucks are being btfo by automation anyway.

In house fulfillment will create tons of work and overhead for you

And third part fulfillment will eat away at your margins real fast

Few more questions:

1) How do you find suppliers for very specific items? Like themed jewelry or something.

2) If you live outside the US do you have to do anything special to use US suppliers or be able to ship there? I want my website to be in dollars instead of £s for example.

Average dropshipping margin looks like 15%. So to take home $30k, you need to sell $200k per year, or $550 per day. For my site I believe average order will be 20, which means I'd need 28 orders per day. For a conversion rate of 2%, that means 1,400 page views per day or 42,000 per month, over half a million per year.

Minimum where I'd consider this type of business viable would be $400 per month, which would require 4,800 page views per month. At that point, I'd still expect this to pay no more than minimum wage.

>A lot of normies use smartphones and tablets, and will impulse buy at your e-store if they like your site good enough.
that's not happening people search on price comparison sites and buy from the cheapest seller. at least everyone i know does this.
loyalty to sites especially small time doesn't exist since it takes like 1 minutes to register and place an order.

>Average dropshipping margin looks like 15%.
in your dreams.
more like 5% tops.

you're not selling to these people

well the truth is i only looked at electronics mainly it's possible that other areas have better margins.

With these stores you're basically targetting unsophisticated buyers. Just like how some people pay off their credit cards every month, for each of those there are 100 other who let debt accrue. You may not know them personally, but they exist.

If you are retailing from aliexpress or some other chink site, you can become an affiliate, set up some affiliate links on some dummy blog, and process orders from those links. That would increase your margins by 8% or more

The thing is, you are successful even if only 2 or 3% of people who click your ads make a purchase. Even if 97% of people only shop using google, you still make money from the remaining 3%. The people who buy buy on impulse rather than on premeditation

Unless you want to argue with people who are making money dropshipping. It may not make sense, but it still makes good

Furthermore, if you went to real dropship wholesalers, instead of chinksites that you also compete with online, you can sell your stuff at the same price everyone else is selling on amazon, but that takes some paperwork to get approved for business with them

Somewhat, yes. There are enough of those people around to make money off of. Plus, if you put effort into designing your site, you can make your products appealing enough that normies will cave into the temptation of buying from you anyway

just to questions:
how do you deal with the long waiting time for chinese shops,Do you use the alieexpreres free shiping?

What if the aliexpres seller scams you, the customer will think that you are the scammer

>The people who buy buy on impulse rather than on premeditation
i guess that is why i don't see the business in this stuff because i never buy on impulse. (unless it's snacks) it usually takes me a few months to buy a new tv or notebook.

Thanks. Put about 100hrs into testing themes and adjusting the one I have now.

I have two. One is a gmail which looks less professional and another with my domain address.

Amazon does not always ship everything together. Admit nothing. Deny Everything. If they ask why, give them an excuse.

Create a discount code for a certain product.

I aim for around 50% margins with take home profit of %25. Some of my products have 1000% margins. For the amount of work, it is easy money. Doesn't mean you cant put in any work tho.

If you're dropshipping, just find the product you want to sell on ali and add it to your product list. Don't really need to worry about having suppliers. Make sure the product you are trying to sell has shit tons of reviews and orders. Also. spent the money and quality test the products first. All my products have been tested by me.

Stay with me. People go off of reviews, and the way the product is presented. You are not a normie. Unless your buying a commodity, people rarely go off the cheapest. Dropshipping is about creating an image/brand.

Wrong.

ePackets. Cut shipping down to 12-20 days. Some cost money, others are free. Disclose to your customers via Shipping Page that processing and shipping take 14-20days

where do you host your domain mail?

If Google's keyword tool says a keyword is high competition, is there any point following that niche? I can create a beautiful website (most are shit in this niche) and have a unique idea but the keywords have high competition.

>Dropshipping is about creating an image/brand.
interesting, i just simply don't see how it would work. you sell someone else brands don't you? you are just a re-seller without stock.

i have seen before shops that offer .50 cen chink medals as "hand crafted" for $30, but usually a simple image source will lead you to the original seller as they use the stock images and stuff. nobody falls for this shit.

Hey man, thanks for answering our questions. I have one more -- if ordering from AliExpress doesn't the package come with Chinese labels and shit? When trying to build a serious business online I'm worried it would make it look really bad.

>simple image source will lead you to the original seller
>nobody falls for this shit.
>I think the average pleb knows about reverse image search