/mmog/ - MMO General

Cute Alchemy edition:

This general is for discussing new, old, and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals. If you are on one of these forgotten/niche games, looking for a guild, or friends, or just want to know the state of the game, ask here!

MOs with documented MMO aspects are also welcome here, such as games like ARK, and Dark and Light.

Card games like Elder Scrolls Legends, Krosmaga, Duelyst and Faeria are also welcome to discuss here.

We have a game of the week that we all try to play together! This week we have: Lodoss War Online.

We currently have a guild on Wakfu (Remington) and Archeage (Reckoning) ask for an invitation on this general!

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread:

graveyard tags: mabinogi, wakfu, dfo, maplestory, ragnarok, vindictus, runescape, lodoss

Other urls found in this thread:

wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/news/devblog/tickets/674498-devblog-level-100-professions
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28367745
youtube.com/watch?v=SJfsQgGMPJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Whoops, forgot to post previous thread:

First for play a MMO with ME!

Okay, which one?

Do you have any preference user? I play some every now and then. Depends on the mood.

best comfy mmo to play with anons is Wurm/H&H/Salem

I would add Wakfu to it. Farming, planting, hanging out on bags and even doing dungeons is really comfy on it.

Go here

But I prefer this thread. That one is already inciting shitposting and fights.

>less replies

kys

>OP samefagging
yeah dude

Any news about Lodoss lag issue? I read the devs were "working" on it, but so far nothing. This is looking bad.

That's not me.

Are any of these MMOs reasonably popular? I used to play Dragon Nest before it crashed and burned, and really loved the combat and PvP there before gear went wild.

What do you mean by popular? Some of them (like Mabinogi or Lineage) are way more popular than DN even at it's prime. Shame really, I loved Dragon Nest so much back in the day. I stopped playing it when the EU servers died. What a shitfest that was...

Popular as in I can find parties, the market isn't fucked beyond belief, I can expect content updates and it won't die in two years.

this is the mmo graveyard, these mmos dont have enough Veeky Forums posters to sustain their own general

Pick and or see any of the MMO's from the graveyard tags. All of them are pretty much alive, you can get parties and be sure they won't die soon. It all depends on what you are looking for, gameplay and social wise.

Twin Saga is out of beta just now. Is anyone playing it? How is it?

Why it's always the furfag wakfushill

check the ellinia goodbyes section nerds

you're not the first to go dude I got banned

bye nerd, too bad we weren't able to nolife it up to gollux
try not to drop out

what for

I was actually key weighting. I usually give at least a little attention to the game but this time I wasn't. I got caught.
suspended for 30 days

Hasn't this game been around since forever?

>watch random stream on twitch
>suddenly BGM from Ragnarok Online plays
>get instant nostalgia moment
>remember all the good times back in the days with friends
>urgr to play RO rises even if it is dead
>mfw

I miss the good times. Maybe I need to try one more time to get that feeling again. Feels like I'm addicted to this. And maybe I should try renewal for something fresh.

learn nip
buy a sub for jRO
enjoy life

You should try moving on user.

Let it go.

Since early this year? Or was it September? Can't recall, but yeah, they are releasing the game just yesterday or so. Is anyone playing it here? I fooled around with it for a while when it was on OB, but is was a barebones MMO. Extremely simple. Did it got better?

Albion seems cozy, but non-stop linear grinding on tiny maps for those few relevant builds is a kill. Reminds me of ToS.

BOTH these generals are still up?

That other one have 5 IP's and is already looking like nothing but trash. Wish we could contain those idiots there.

My biggest issue with it is that I literally don't see any kind of hype anywhere about the game. A PvP only MMO is asking way too much.

Apparently they are reworking how crafting XP works on Wakfu. Haven't read it all, but hopefully this means no getting literally a million resources taking 400 hours to craft a lvl 20 shitty green bow. Jesus Christ.

whoops, forgot link:

wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/news/devblog/tickets/674498-devblog-level-100-professions

But is there a reason for hype? It is already too late to change most of core mechanics. Also i think they are trying to be mobile too hard.

Woah, just saw that they are actually planning a NATIONS REWORK. Finally that decision will not only be for ERP. Can't wait. So many changes this year.

For some reason people REALLY have pushed it around here. I had no idea it was actually a mobile game.

Well, devs refer it as "truly crossplatform" (just look at that pic at their homepage). I guess tiny maps and other simplifications are directly caused by mobile limitations.

Isn't there a dinosaur hunter MMO (MH ripoff) that is REALLY popular on mobile? (anyone have played it here?) How are they going to compete with that? The client side MMO's are kinda dead nowadays, and mobile is such a huge ocean of competition. Good luck on that.

Whatever happened to the Lodoss players? The hype finally died?

it's shit

Do anyone listen to any MMO podcast around here? The only one I hear from time to time is the MMObomb one, and man, is such a trashy show sometimes (most times) wish there were more of them.

first reply decide which class I main and rp as in wakfu

Kill yourself.

that's not a playable class, silly!

Xelors! If you play on Remington, leave your name to invite you to the guild.

Good day user is kill.

No, I'm here, I just can't post a picture right now.

Have a good day.
Also the new Tera class sucks.

How do? All I heard about is how OP it is.

skyforge released on steam

tempted to replay it

What's a good mmo that I can play on my mac

Same here. It looks cool and easy to get into.

>playing cyka MMOs hosted by my.com
you should know better user

maybe we could have fun for a while

best idol by far

Go back to /poeg/

>found all 4 archer skel cards for my db rk
>damage didn't go up that much

at least i have 4 archer skel cards to sell

I don't wanna

wouldn't that be something

Why aren't there any MMO with TRUE high skilled action combat? Hell why aren't there any MMO with Nier Automata combat?

because it wouldn't work.

Nobody cares.

Because highly skilled games only reach a very niche market and mmo is a very expensive genre

I do :3

thanks for keeping us updated!

>lying

>high skilled action combat
>Nier

Because all information needs to be sent and processed by server. This style of combat would be killed even by 40 ms latency.

Internet is not so good as to handle that kind of gameplay happening with people all around the world yet.

There exist only one game
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28367745

I don't like the artstyle in PSO2.

What can you say about Vindictus? Is it really worth it if i liked BnS and BDO combat system?

That's literally the only reason I'm still playing Vindictus.

You can't have this kind of game as an open world with hundreds of players connected as it would be unplayable with a moderate amount of ping. The whole game as instanced dungeons hosted by players is a solution that makes it work. That being said it's a fucking disgrace that 7 years later Vindictus is the only game with actual combat you'd find in a single player game and not some watered down hotbar """"""""""""""""action"""""""""""""""" garbage.

if you want a game where you can air juggle your opponent for 5 hours just go play Dragon Nest or something

>playing '''''''action''''''' mmo instead of turn by turn mmo

I think a NIOH or Ninja Gaiden instance based MMO similar to Vindictus and over instance based games with true high skill action combat is very possible.

I mean PSO2 already has the follow;

Normal Attack (literally a Light Attack in Action Games)
Potion Arts (Pretty much the Strong Attack in Action Games)
A Jump button (Jump cancelling exist in PSO2)
A Guard Button (Guard cancelling exist in PSO2)

And a shit ton of action game-like exploits. See: Penta Dashing. It's really trying hard to be an action game.

let's play games

Play novaRO with me, I'm playing right now!

I have never played RO in my life

It hasn't aged well

Why do RPG makers keep using same grinding mechanics while there is so much great stuff in classic fantasy books that can be adopted instead?

It feels like you're complaining about two completely different things at the start and at the end of your post.

I'm going to try out Skyforge. Wish me luck.

It's a good time to start! RO is full of comfy autistic grinding so if you like that you'll fit right in.

Dont waste your time

I mean adopt game mechanics from classic fantasy stuff by Le Guin, Vance and so on.

books arent game mechanics

Anyone here still play Diablo 3? Just bought the game and can't find anyone low level to play with

Anyone play maplestory?

That game is still around?

>Just bought the game
Why would you waste money on the worst game of the series that ruined it forever?

Because I just finished Diablo 2, and really wanted to play 3 with someone.

I'm having fun so far but its really lonely

Not that user you replied to, but I've never played renewal yet. Is it good, and which class you would suggest? I've played AcidDemo Alchemist and Arrow Vulcan Bard before on mid/highrate server.makes me curious because NovaRO looks good and I already downloaded the client while being drunk

don't listen to him. D3 is more fun than 2

Renewal has way more things to do than pre-re, more instances and more shit in general. Most pre-re servers have to use old tables or customize everything so the shitty trans level 99 classes can run it.

If you've played alchemist and enjoy it I suggest continuing it and playing a genetic to start with since they're very versatile and strong. And they have a shit ton of utility and can make +20 stat foods.

It really depends on what you're looking for in a class.

youtube.com/watch?v=SJfsQgGMPJY

don't suppose you still play the game?

>people STILL want action mmos after countless shitty ones

go back to dota faggot

>tfw character finally turns 18 years old

I'm gonna fuck that bard