Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/

Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #860
Swim Lessons Edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. STOP ASKING US BEFORE DOING THAT. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

For File Acquisition errors, do one of the following:
- switch all locale/system/region/date/time/everything settings to Japanese
- keep locale locale/system/region/everything settings and run with Applocale (Win7/Win8) or Locale Emulator (Win10)
Always run as admin.

>READ THE READMES OF EVERY MOD YOU DOWNLOAD. IT SOLVES 99% OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

>Information (CHECK BEFORE ASKING):
Main Site: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/index.html
FAQ Image Guide: i.imgur.com/FaWIWLn.jpg
Win10 FPS Issues? Use this: feen.us/lhi9.zip (now with subtitle fix)

>Downloads:
/aa2g/ Pre-Installed Game [Preferred]: tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2.torrent
AAUnlimited: github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/releases
Manual Installation [For masochists, not recommended]: pastebin.com/FgP7nFWH

>Character Card Database:
no-info.no-ip.info/aa2/ (down forever, use the backup zip for old cards or megas for new ones)

>Mods & More:
AA2 Pastebin: pastebin.com/BhpfXqHP
/aa2g/ Modding Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and More):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky
youtube.com/watch?v=NG6a1oqMh-o
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8kV0q6qNG0lflVOcWdKMUMxbnRUUEJ6eHFzUnZXSjZHQlZDdEtHWEQ0eFVNSFFaS25oQlU
f.lewd.se/FeC3vJ_Muramasa_Momohime.7z
f.lewd.se/Fx7fHJ_Muramasa_Momohime.7z
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to teach cute girls how to swim!

Good morning

Clear skies in the forecast?

I used the win10 fps dll fix for the maker and it messed up the translation. is there a fix for that?

Yes, download new translation.

You need the translated loader for the maker

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums_League_8

The Veeky ForumsLeague is cumming soon. Are we going to participate?

>braindead anime poster

You had your chance and you fucked it up. Take your shitposting elsewhere.

I want hunger games.

If that were true you would have posted a tribute.

>page 10

i wish i could leave

niggers belong in the back of the bus.

What is stopping you?

I stole this girl's first kiss and there's nothing you can do about it.

Upgrade or downgrade

Gray hair version looks cuter

I don't like the AA1 front hair on left but I don't like the blue on the right and the new hair is too busy.

I stole yours and that's all that matters.

Color is cuter. Much cuter!

Just one click away

scary

grey hair is better. change that AA1 front hair plz

The front hair was the reason I decided to redesign her since its so bad but I guess the redesign is bad too. The grey was starting to bother me but ill think about it some more

All she needs is a new front hair. You don't knock down the whole house when you put in hardwood floor.

youtube.com/watch?v=NG6a1oqMh-o

I don't know where else I can ask this, but I'll try to be as descriptive as possible- sorry for the wall of text in advance. First and foremost, I've got the game (pre-install in the OP) running just fine- it's just the text I'm having problems with. It would SEEM like this is an easy problem to fix, since PART of it's mentioned in the FAQ- but that's where things start getting both weird and complicated.

So I have the Win10 FPS fix installed (the version in OP which includes the sub mod- I DIDN'T do it with AA2Install), along with the included translation pack- all UI elements are perfectly fine. But if I launch the game with the Translation Loader using Locale Emulator, the first part of the pic is what shows up when I press Load Game (been using the save that came with the game for testing). I know it's supposed to be some Japanese symbols, and the same thing happens to character names. If I talk to anyone, the usual u's and v's show up. Before you say it, the problem isn't over yet- not by a LONGSHOT- and I DID look through the FAQ image but found NOTHING to do with currency or time and date.

So let's close the game and try something else. I also have SBAppLocale, so I set up a .bat to run it and the included Frontier Pack loader. Again, the game runs perfectly fine, but this is when the shit gets ridiculous. If you look on the second half of the pic, the scrambled Japanese... is instead replaced by boxes. However, the NAMES (SPECIFICALLY the names) display correctly, and the text has proper brackets... ?

I honestly have no idea what's going on. All I have installed are the included translation pack, the Win10 FPS fix, and Locale Emulator and SBAppLocale. That's it. All I know is that any english names and club names DO display correctly, and I couldn't care less about what's in Japanese- it's everything else that's got me thrown in a loop.

Did I seriously fuck this up in a few days?

The entire problem is in your locale setup. Your pc's region/locale settings are not mingling properly with your locale emulator of choice.

Well color me surprised. It works! It'll take a bit to get used to the ENG in my taskbar, but whatever- the game runs fine, the brackets are still there, and all of the Japanese displays correctly. only with SBApp tho but whatever

holy shit why was this so simple

>holy shit why was this so simple
Because you were descriptive and eliminated any and all other possible causes for the problem. Ya done good, user. Now post a cutie.

Does this no sidehair work?

This no sidehair?

Why not try the front and side hair you had on the blue ver?

It makes the skull too round but it was mitigated by the fact that the previous hair had a lot of back width. With the pigtails I want to try to keep the skull thinner

This is Rei. Say something nice about her.

I want to pull her antennae

Well... I found this folder:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8kV0q6qNG0lflVOcWdKMUMxbnRUUEJ6eHFzUnZXSjZHQlZDdEtHWEQ0eFVNSFFaS25oQlU
Have fun?

the fuck

kowaii D:

If you manage

Creepy girl needs a nap! Naptime!

card?

I'll try, user. But I uh... just got finished making my first card last night, though she's really basic. I'll see if I can get a hair retexture and I'll post.

Tomboy Warning in advance. Kinda got a hang of how the Maker works and I'm trying to go for a delinquent vibe, but she's pretty much just a Ryuko Matoi knockoff right now

What happened to Saki?

>No

i had
it was painful and boring

Some quick question though, while I'm at it- what would be the most recommended texture, and how can I fix the pixelized lighting?

>what would be the most recommended texture
the one you like the most
>how can I fix the pixelized lighting
switch the rendering mode in the config

>pixelized lighting
?

(Cross-thread)
of course I forgot to set the texture
for the user
f.lewd.se/FeC3vJ_Muramasa_Momohime.7z

enjoy

>top, second from the left
>not Saki
How?!

Hair too short, tits too big. Pubes are wrong colour.

What is this?

>haircut
>pads
>not shown

not him, but thanks for the card

Here, inspect her, you'll quickly find that she's not right

shit

So if she isn't Saki, then who is she? Or rather, what is she?

A ruthless murderer.

That's it? No timeline fuckery? Not an extra dimensional being, a figment of one's imagination, or even a doppelganger? Just a regular old mundane murderer?

What do you take me for, Shakespeare?

take 3, updated pauldrons assets so they don't clip
f.lewd.se/Fx7fHJ_Muramasa_Momohime.7z

Looks cool actually

No one starts a pro unless they were born with a vagina. Just do your best user.

it would have been if we didn't have a fake amanger the first time and a fuckup of a manager the second time

it's sprouted much cross-thread shitposting

>tfw femanon
>tfw after 2 years still awful at cardmaking

Post business transactions.

banana? more like trojan horse

I'm making a game with a similar anime 3d style. Just wondering how interested you guys would be in the ability to have a folder of eye textures like AA2 that is compatible with the existing stuff we have? I've had the idea for a while, just not sure how much people want it.

what do you have done already?

A 3D modeled girl and clothes, third person movement, 1 h-event with animations. Some placeholder stuff for the intro and basic customization. I can shill it if that description wasn't enough, but I'm more interested in hearing people's opinion on that previous feature.

AA2's ability to set any eye texture is what made this game so versatile desu so definitely go for it. Obviously improve upon it, like being able to use transparent textures and setting different textures and highlights for each eye. Also feel free to shill with some illustrations so we know it's a real thing

Had trouble deciding between Manly and Irritable with most of my time just editing the hair, but I'm finished!... For now. Anyway, here's the card in all of its... "glory". Haven't snowflaked it, so that's why I have it under a spoiler (do the mods mind if the cards are not clothed or not?). I don't know how to describe it, but I tried leaning away from the usual "delinquent" look and going for something calmer, if it makes sense.

I haven't even gotten around to actually playing the game yet, because of how long this was taking... and I haven't even touched any HEXA stuff yet. I could use the break.

Sounds kinda interesting. How do you plan to pull it off, like with how AA2 does custom music (just drag and drop the files into a specific folder, and they show up in the maker)? Or will it just be like it already is (browsing for a specific folder where the eye texture you want is located)?

Don't post undressed cards, it equals 3 day ban.

Heterochromia should be easy enough with the colours. Transparency should also be fine. I've made a footnote about the ability to have two different textures now, thanks.

Here's an image. I haven't tweaked the specularity properly yet so it's too shiny at the moment. Also the hair colour is a randomized one.

Ideally I want to have one folder where the user can put what he want, and then simply selects it in the game with the menu's there from an array. If you know a better way for the user then please explain, I'm genuinly curious.

I wonder what was she staring at?

You can keep it