/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread prison daddy edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 1/4/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony for PS4, PS Vita, and Steam on September 26th (N. America), and September 29th (Europe)
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30971354
twitter.com/ui_ronpa/status/853294847238651905
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

chiaki

I want to "drop the soap".

JUNKO ENOSHIMA DID NOTHING WRONG

>ywn get extra portions in exchange for sexual favors
>ywn be pinned on a kitchen table and pounded by chubby chef dick
>ywn engage in naked tantric blindfold taste testing
>ywn correctly guess the secret ingredient it's more dick
It's not fucking fair terubros

Can we make this bread into a comfy bread?

I want Naegi to lock me in an airtight school and fix me with hope. He would try anything and everything to make me feel hope, but I would just laugh it off, because as long as he's helping me, no hope is strong enough to enter my heart. I'd show him that no matter what he has done, I'd never forgive him. He'd make me food and clean my secret lair, and drag me out to bed if I stay up late. When the nights get so cold that we have no choice but to cuddle together at night for warmth, he'd feel my breath going from shallow to deep as my form relaxes and I fall asleep in my arms. He'd feel me cling to him in the night when I wake up from a despair nightmare and feel me sob into his chest, first seeds of hope sprouting in my traumatized mind. He'd softly kiss my hair and tell me everything will be okay. He'd take care of me when I get sick, read all the books from the library and hold my hand so that I can fall asleep.He'd make shitty homemade pizza for me and stay up late with me watching dumb movies, and feel me cuddle up to him when I can't stay awake anymore.He'd teach me retarded drinking games and show me how to play pool in the rec room.

One night, I silently sneak over to the kitchen. A shining sliver of a blade extends from my clenched fist when I walk into his room. But my hand stops, centimeters away from his chest, and begins to shake violently. Something is wrong. One by one, my trembling fingers let go of the hilt, and with a soft thud, the knife falls onto the carpet. I throw myself on Naegi and buries my face right where the knife should have gone, Clutching at the fabric of his clothes. My whole body shakes feverishly and he scoops me body into his arms and tell me that everything will be okay, just like usual. My silent sobbing turns to wailing that echoes out into the dimly lit corridors beyond the door.

I would finally be cured of despair. Because the only thing I can't analyze is love.

Hoshi is built for comfy and rough prison sex

Reminder that Chiaki is still and will always be best girl
She got revived as a robot and is now on the boat playing games with the DR2 cast.

What do the characters smell like?

Mugi!

My husband is so cute!

Shinguji is for ________

The lastest trendy perfume of course

Bandai

Old books, perfume, make up and cum

Is totally rocking her jacket!

I always imgine thst he'd smell like a freash mint and morning tea, I don't where the tea came from but that's just me.

Study anthropological and cultural facts with.

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30971354

I'm just going to say too that Kuzu smells like a mixture of karinto and cologne which he uses to be more manly and try to mask the smell of the karinto which he eats daily because of the piles of karinto bags you see in his room because why not.

...I like mint tea so that sounds alluring.

being moe

Nee-san

Nth for happy underrated couple!

Alright I removed the penis and the cum! Is it okay now?

Tea (I could see his favorites being black and Rooibos) and cough medicine.

Kodaka

>everyone thought kodaka hated shinguji but he actually likes him
So is he into girls (male)?

Sweaty armpits and dirty skin.

The Kodaka hates beautiful men and tall people thing was just a meme

Nani?

I can't hold it in any longer, I was always confused and had lingering thoughts, but I pushed them back, reassuring myself that it's just a thought and nothing else, but I am wrong, it turns out, I actually like the thought, I love it, I don't know what to do anymore but I just can't hold it in my mind anymore. I have to confess this, I just don't know if I can even keep the urges in check or if I can not be tempted into doing this any longer, I just want to let it all out and embrace myself that I am _______

kuzuanon

He just likes his design.

Doesn't he hate Amami or something?

Aaa GggHhhOooSssTtt

Peko.

>Doesn't he hate Amami or something?
No. End this meme already.

He never said he hated him. Just that he thought his high ranking in the poll was due to his design so nip Amamifags chimped out.

Bonus mode

>Doesn't he hate Amami or something?
Uh, no?

Yes... I am ghost Kuzuanon that dresses up as Peko, that must be it!

What said.

You know if they do end up doing the whole "53 protagonists" edition for the 10th anniversary then I'm certain the protagonist for FDR5 looked like Cloud and was pretty moody.

wasnt cloud like a deconstruction of rpg steroytypes or something? i wonder what the smt-style protagnist looks like

Okay let's end these memes. Kodaka doesn't hate Amami he just thinks he's popular mainly for his design and that he doesn't have enough character for V2.

There's evidence he likes Kaito and Shinguji. The former because he says he tried to make him popular pre release and compared him to a Yu Yu Hakusho character and the latter because of his design and the fact he said he's a nice guy and he feels sorry for him.

Now drop this and don't give in to Nip delusions.

so bonus mode really does have students making up rumors of junko and amami being a thing?

>that he doesn't have enough character for V2.
He never said that either. Just that he doesn't have much of a trait. Plus we know that we should take him seriously after what he said about the DR2 cast prior to DR3.

Yes, you're right.
Does it involve the protagonist's waifu being killed the rival student in front of his eyes?

No, not rumors, that was the person who created that's own take on the event.

How would a deconstruction of a DR protag look like?
like what would he do and how would he act like?

>he said he's a nice guy and he feels sorry for him
Sorry for what? Being a fictional serial killer who murdered two girls for his insane rambling?
>Does it involve the protagonist's waifu being killed the rival student in front of his eyes?
We sort of have that with SDR2

>and the latter because of his design and the fact he said he's a nice guy and he feels sorry for him.
That doesn't means he likes him. He says he kind of felt sorry for the dead DR1 characters as well.

>being killed the rival student
Being killed BY the rival student

Oh I see. Sorry for the false information, I guess among the eccentric V3 cast he does seem to be an odd choice to want to see more of, especially to the creator.

I would say the problem with Kaito as a character is that impressions matter and aside from being pegged as a Hagakure 2.0 Kaito also comes off as being simply a generic shonen protagonist.

He compares Kaito to this guy by the way in the interview.

True.

Yes. And the mastermind was an insane bishonen with silver hair.

Honestly I'm interested in what the DR4 protagonist was like as well. Gotta be a reference to a popular SMT hero.

I just said there's evidence for him liking those two it's not conclusive. Either way it doesn't matter since you don't need a creator's validation to like or dislike a character.

How's he an odd choice? He literally reeks of prequelbait.

my mind imminently went to devil survivor and persona, but those are spinoffs of the smt series.. Maybe a parody of the smt apocalypse kid?

I want to tell Yumeno that everything will be alright while giving her and Saihara a great big hug

What about poor Maki?

This. Not sure why people care what Kohacka likes or not.

With the logo I could see it being more of Devil Survivor than Persona if they used SMT spinoffs. But it's probably a reference to the main SMT.

I have to agree here, Amami is one of the more enigmatic of the cast in the game, the game literally forces you with topics surrounding the previous events and most have to do with Amami in some way.
The only fault is that a selection of Amamifags was being too vocal and hopeful in him starring in a V2 game of some kind.

Again, I agree with this too.
People are too subconscious about how Kodaka like s character.

Then what about the DR8 and DR9 logos? What do they reference and how would this influence what the protagonists were of those games?

Well Danganronpa hinges on eccentric, Savant-like characters so he's not the type you'd expect to be at the centre of a spin-off. In his case though I guess it's because we don't know much about him and he's prequelbait, like you said.

Either way he'll probably be the protagonist, and they tend to be the least crazy of the cast.

Because they want validation, in spite of how an opinion is something you should make for yourself and it shouldn't matter what your opinion is, unless it's based on something completely wrong like how Kaede/Maki should be an official pair just because there's one artwork of them together (If at anything it looked more like Maki taking her place as the heroine).

A V2 game would be kind of absurd in the first place, regardless of whether Saihara's deduction was on the spot the foregone conclusion is that Amami survives and if at anything I feel V3 was made to put an end to Dangan Ronpa as simply being 'that game about kids killing each other'.

No

Not sure why they'd want a game. I'd much prefer V2 being a LN written by Kitayama or someone of that caliber. It being a game or anime would be suck.

I feel like I've seen DR9's logo before.

Maki can watch

i would happily fuck him

>I feel V3 was made to put an end to Dangan Ronpa as simply being 'that game about kids killing each other'.
Why do you think that?

>Either way he'll probably be the protagonist, and they tend to be the least crazy of the cast.
That's probably a given with the ahoges and greenish eyes. Plus he seemed pretty normal to me.

MODS

MODS

9 is based off of Mobile Suit Gundam and 10 is based off of Doraemon.

We will miss you, Hoshibro.
Thanks for that.

I agree on the premise that V2 could be anything else, I was exaggerating on the point.

Also, I don't know about V2 being made to put an end of anything, it seems like they WANT you to think that, honestly.

>Well Danganronpa hinges on eccentric, Savant-like characters so he's not the type you'd expect to be at the centre of a spin-off.
I didn't expect Mukuro to be the center of IF either. But then again that was mostly an AU fanfiction. Plus DRK and DRT exist.

Not that user but I agree. I feel like having another killing game would go against the message of V3 and just be hypocritical. Of course he could simply take the DR series in a new direction while incorporating elements of the killing games like AA did with Miles Edgeworth Investigations. Who knows maybe he'll make something on par with AAI2

>Also, I don't know about V2 being made to put an end of anything
I meant V3 by the way.

Miracle Danganronpa looks like Mobile Suit Gundam so the protagonist was probably SHSL Pilot.

>A V2 game would be kind of absurd in the first place, regardless of whether Saihara's deduction was on the spot the foregone conclusion is that Amami survives and if at anything I feel V3 was made to put an end to Dangan Ronpa as simply being 'that game about kids killing each other'.
Or it could mean something else. You know they'll milk this shit for all its worth.

twitter.com/ui_ronpa/status/853294847238651905
Close enough

>I feel like having another killing game would go against the message of V3
Since when does Kodaka care about his messages?
He never seriously did and I really don't see him trying to branch out when he made V3 have the same formula as the rest.

Thank you

>I feel like having another killing game would go against the message of V3 and just be hypocritical.
Not really. You're taking the ending too literally.

>Of course he could simply take the DR series in a new direction while incorporating elements of the killing games like AA did with Miles Edgeworth Investigations. Who knows maybe he'll make something on par with AAI2
Kodaka is too much of a hack to do that. It's why he's stuck to the same shit for the 3 main games.

I agree, creating a new universe for just one game with so many unanswered questions seems like a waste of potential to further make money.

And I want the series to continue.

>feel like having another killing game would go against the message of V3 and just be hypocritical.
Just like how he wanted to leave the DR2 ending up for interpretation only for DR3 to contradict that.

I remember the days when V3 was supposed to break the norm only to find out it was literally the same exact bullshit as the last two games.

This is just my speculation, but when you consider things like how the survivor is practically trapped into another game where they're certain to die, how both Amami and Ouma wanted to crash the killing game entirely and that Kiibo also wanted to do the same after his ahoge is removed suggests that what we're seeing isn't just any ordinary killing game.

Well, if the theory that people are being brainwashed by 'Hope' using the killing game turns out to be true it'd be a huge blow against TDR that the survivors picked another option.

Could be, though I noticed the next When They Cry game is also said to be open world and while a mystery is much harder to construct when it's not closed circle there really is only so much you can do when the plot is '16 high school students are locked up and made to kill each other'.

That's the fundamental issue in my opinion, even if Kodaka switched death patterns up it doesn't change the fact that the basics of the killing game is limited in potential.

Exactly, it would be stupid to just end it there. Leaving the game with all these questions gives a window of theories and speculation for years until the next game comes around to either break or fit into those theories, just as it has always been.

Same.

Yeah, like the lies and shit.

So this faggot was the MC?

Lies felt so underutilized for a gameplay mechanic.

No he was the rival.
Char was the MC

That's another thing actually.
What of TDR, what do we make of them, what will become of them, what will we learn of them?

It's not the first time something was fucking... underutilized.

I'm looking at your, Danganronpa Another Episode.

What if it was a test like DRAE.

>That's the fundamental issue in my opinion, even if Kodaka switched death patterns up it doesn't change the fact that the basics of the killing game is limited in potential.
Pretty much. V3 was his last chance to truly break the mold but it didn't really deliver that much and only reinforced the idea that the killing game concept has gotten stale especially since Kodaka doesn't want to ever let go of DR1's killing patterns and reveals.

Yes. Just give him a weird looking ahoge and greenish eyes and he's set to go.

Charfag pls go.

Yeah and it doesn't have enough memes to make up for it. Only ones I can recall are Tulpaman and HICKSHON so I'm hoping it will improve after English release. Pre-release had tons more good memes

>I'm looking at your
...Do I need more sake later?

To be honest, even if he wants to let go, he can't.
The killing games and all that shit is what makes Danganronpa, Danganronpa, I can't imagine anything else besides the novels and the spinoffs.

>it doesn't change the fact that the basics of the killing game is limited in potential.
Really a lot could be done if you switch up the setting and add new rules here and there perhaps even change the reward of killing from escaping to something else
Kodaka's problem is that he reuses a lot of the same twists in each game which kinda makes them feel stale.

Wonder how badly he'd botch up a DR fighter if SC ever let him do it.

DRV3 is essentially a reboot of DR1. There's so many plot similarities it's uncanny.

And this time to disguise his hackery Kodaka uses muh meta shit to make himself out to be a genius. He can just play that formulaic structure off as references to the past DR seasons

Yeah V3 fucking sucked when it came to meme potential. Even ZTD was better with memes. Only good meme post game is Tulpaman. But that's literally it.

I have slightly more hope for a fighter to be fair, Spike Chunsoft aren't new to the fighter scene.
Although, I'm wary of Kodaka's perception of that...

I agree with this, a lot of things can change if you change core aspects of a killing game.
DR1 and 2 were fine with this seeing as 2 was a continuation and had a new setting.
But returning to a school again and not even bothering to add a few new tricks and gameplay aspects is a bit disappointing.