/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Previous thread:

>do the "turn giants into burgers" research
>enables me to recruit them instead

Gay

>be synth
>convert to spiritualism
Bravo paradog!

Okay so upgrading at a port w/a space academy doesnt confer the fire rate bonus, and prolly none of the others either.

Thanks for testing it for me, I appreciate it.

pls stop posting spider, spider is not strategy

that would be pretty cool thing to have if it weren't an oversight

Epic storytime? Recap from my last hyperlane game.
> Started new spiral galaxy with spiritualist /militarist /egalitarian ethos
> name them covenant of the beacon and proced to have Fun sassanid rp with a spice of interstellar zoroastrianianism. I Fight many wars ,made many vassals while keeping good relations with some other spiritual empires.
> My musculoid, cuttlefish people discovers psionic and the shroud
> Empire leader become immortal, everyone Else get another 40 years of life.
> Covenant of beacon is blooming hard, admiral slays the void dragon, last Wars on close enemies are won.
>Suddenly materialic empire awakes and counquer 3 normal empires
> I know that i must conquer them before they blob

> Continue>>

>set it so that advanced aliens don't start next to me
>they start next to me except there's like a few planets uncolonized in between

Wow this is some top-tier game design where the options don't even do anything huh?

Make the thread before him.

>do the "turn giants into friends" research
>they attack and occupy the colony

> Dow them, but the distance, hyperlanes and smaller fleet are cousing me to withdraw.
> Fight the attrition war while i muster my fleet.
> Shroud is kind, giving me psi drive and avatar.
> I unlock new ascention slot but i dont want to spend IT on perk that boosts fighting fallen/awaken empire.
> I warp to enemy system and after a long battle my dragonslayer admiral is victorious.
> I lost more then half of the ships, but i continue my campaign, taking ringworlds is what im after.
> Warp to the heart od their empire where my enemy is making his last stand.
> His last ships explodes as my psi cuttlefish commando are taking his bombarded ringworld.
> In the same moment ive got a signal and month later unbidden portal opens ontop of one of my vassals.
>I finish my conquest early and take only most precious systems.
> My fleet is in bad shape and unbidden already have 5 fleets od their own.
> Build myself back to 100k and pick that ascention perk in the leftover slot to boost my chances with unbidden, while they absorb more then 20 systems of my vassals. They are right on my border.
> I scout the portal and with the help of the bait i attack the transdimentional gate.
> I see returning fleets, as my own force vanish in the fire of explosions.
> My avatar separates from main fleet and attacks one of the returning fleets to buy us some time.
> My general is suddenly gone, maybe his ship got destroyed, nobody seem to realize that their leader is gone.
> As the unbidden fleets close in, my ships are perforated. The avatar is no more just as the last Anchorage of the portal.
> With the last bit of their streangh my fleet destroys and shuts down the portal while i command reatret.
>Im left with 15k almost Dead fleet, the pride of our navy.
>We brought IT on ourselves, war took away to many of our cuttlefishian kind.
> But We will overcome IT, just like we always do.

> Continue>>

The biggest project of our lifetimes, just need some minerals first

Are you the Foxy science ships guy?

Rp aside, IT was awsome, but now im not sure if anything Will beat IT, seriously.
And what the hell happend with my admiral, he later appeared on the leader tab like he just teleported out from the battle.

In my recent Sol game I had a size 24 gaia world
(with this shit, coincidentally enough)
on barnard's star, which I made my capital. I renamed the system something less shit though.

>Infinity Machine gives sentient AI 20 years in

Ruhroh. Also what does that self exiled scientist do if I accept him? Does he fuck me in any way? The planet he told me to never set foot again was worthless according to the event.

>Playing Aurora 4x
>Moving my main fleet (Ion Age) to deal with swarm that just took out a survey ship.
>Suddenly have a active sensor contact
>Single ayyy ship
>Its speed is 15km/s
>Fuck
Next hour of game time in 5 seconds intervals I watch as my entire fleet is made into wrecks.
>Only survivor is a FAC who life support almost fails as it stuffed with survivors from my fleet before it can reach a colony.

Guess it time to mine the jump points and wait till I tech up.

Also, this is the right place for Aurora 4x?

good playlist for each government type when

Is that a mod?

this is secretly aurora general

>do the "turn giants into burgers" research
>they bring FREEDOM to my colony

It annoys the shit out of me that you can't terraform colonized worlds. I want to build something like a Fallen Empire core worlds thing around Sol, have a small cluster of systems with multiple ring worlds and gaia worlds.

>too lazy to make the thread himself
>still not too lazy to not whine like a little bitch
Why should I cater to you if you can't make the thread yourself?

>tfw want to play aurora but can't micro for shit
Ah well, always fun to read other people's stories from it.

The Exile? nothing. He's a pretty good one, too.

Yup.

Are the neighboring star systems always named similarly if you start from Sol system? If so, that's a pretty insane start to the game

>haha time for Stellaris
>five worlds colonized all going well
>alpha/delta/zeta aliens detected
>empire right on my borders is an aggressive fanatic militarist
>the other nearby empires are pacifist or isolationist
>mfw

Good to know. I was thinking of starting up a new game and make ships inspired from the Terran trade authority books as well as my usual collection of ships. Who knows, might make a political simulation on the side to house rule myself being the head of a semi-democracy that priories change after elections.

Yup, they're all systems from our real life astronomical neighbourhood

He murdered a bunch of other scientists and hid their bodies in the basement. I thought it was a The Thing reference, but he never actually does anything if you take him.

Sentient AI is safe as long as you don't use synths or have their rights set to full.

>psifags get cool events
>biofags can't create the perfect lifeform that turns on them and wants to wipe out all inferior life
>robotfags can't open a hole to the shroud through SCIENCE! that lets cosmic horrors flood in to the galaxy
Fucking paracucks.

I have a tendicy to recycle ideas from my old games and put it into new ones. It has a steep learning curve and there no unified way of doing things, but once you learn it it rather simple.

Civ V question.

This is my first 4X game, but I'm getting pretty good at it. Emperor difficulty feels pretty right at the moment, but there have been no victories on that level as of yet.

The main problem as I increase the difficulty is just that I feel like I can't compete with the AI's militarily until about Renaissance. They just always have way more and better units than me as well as having tons of cities and population. It feels like I have to be a turtling, diplomatic little bitchboy up until I can really bring my cities to a point where I outproduce them. Am I doing something wrong, or is that just the way the game works?

No, having their rights set to full just lowers the chance of the AI revolt happening pretty dramatically. It can still happen, but it's a lot less likely. The only way to guarantee that it's never a problem is to never build synths.

I think the art department didn't get the memo from the writers for this event...

>robotfags unable to go full DALEK on the galaxy

Oh wait, you can

Don't worry, the Shroud monster that spawns with End of Cycles is glitched so its shields don't recover and it dies to the first FE/AE fleet it finds as well as ignores colonisable planets.

Yeah they're all named the same. Randomly generated system contents and distance from you though(might be outside initial borders)

Theres an event where you can permanently lock out the AI revolt while they've got full rights too.

Has anyone tried a challenge run where you're not allowed to colonize other planets? Seems like it could be interesting.

Actually you can't, it's fucking impossible to get rid of materialism once you've gone full-synth, so no f. purifiers.

>Seems like it could be interesting.

Seems like it'd be boring as fuck as you wait for your tiny trickle of resources and unity to get to the point where you can build ringworlds/habitats and you'd basically be at the mercy of the AI never wanting to invade/protectorate you.

Why does the New Ships and Classes mod have to enable every fucking species as a usable portrait?
Better yet, why does it change every loading screen and the main menu into some shitty ingame screenshot glorifying the mod?

>starved for resources while waiting for the next tech pop up, which is slow as hell
>neighboring systems will rival and kill you off within the first 50 years

Not so much, no

Fanatic Purifiers seems needlessly restrictive to me. The only requirement should have been xenophobe.

so with this fleet can i take on the FE next to me? note it isnt an AA yet.

Looks like my plans of going with synth ascendancy and having sentient robot friends are in full effect.

I want to start a new game but C# is so close, I don't know anymore.

Doing well but apparently Sol didn't spawn in this galaxy so I lost most of my will to play.

>so close
to never coming out?

>species rights are hardcoded
>can't fix purifiers myself
Fuck you, paracucks.

Post ship designs.

True, but has he said firmly how far away it is?

I have a week off of work, so it really tempting. Hell, Let me start a game up.

>he doesn't make seperate specialized ship classes for each size class
>he doesnt go full fleet admiral

What are you, gay?

HAK HAK HAK

how do I free my species' pops yet retain slavery?

vettes are plasma boats
cruisers:
half are an all plasma variant
the other half have 3 plasma ports plus 3 flak ports
b-ships
mostly arc emmitters with kinetic artillery and flak, with some pure plasma/kinetic artillery ships to boot.
i have the max shield/power and a +83% fire rate

This is the only thing that makes me upset about the game. Psionic is basically THE only truly cool path to take. Genetics could of been so much better. And robotics starts out great, but then instantly flatlines after your first perk.

Can't wait for conversion mods.

In stellaris in the Race menu

Set their rights to citizenship, set other species pops to caste or slavery.

Seems doable, good luck.

>+83% fire rate

how?

Well off to start a big game of Aurora 4x.

>Yes, I am doing a conventional start
>it will be 10 years of Sol.

Is there a place where I can learn the basics of stellaris ? Played a lot fo Civ V but this is quite different. I can't get around making non-shit ships for example.

Any youtube channel you'd recommend?

wtf how did this happen? there are only 3 pops of the jhoolian goons and those are slaves

how the fuck did this happen? how did my entire populace become slaves to themselves?

Are you keeping the defaults except more pop and labs? Eww.

mushroom'd :^)

Yea, just noticed that and deleted before I started.

What do you recommend as a fun start? I prefer Conventional starts.

fanatic purifiers + militarist + supremacy + admiral = 33 + 10 + 15 + 25 = 83

Is there a way to force the Horizon Signa event?

these should be banned

It's a bug. People seem to think it's caused by the event allowing you to give other species in your empire the Psionic trait, which also rejiggers who the game thinks the "founding" race was.

wtf all my factions also dissapeared and now everyone is unhappy

well RIP this play through, lets see if I can still win before I lose with a death march

Genetics should have gone into have uprisings against your genetically altered pops by base pops, or an FE appearing to stop you 'tampering with nature', or focused on the whole weaponised xenomorph thing and have your scientists accidentally produce some super-organism that starts to overrun your planets.

So many directions they could have taken it.

Even 40k directions where your gene warriors decide that, since they're superior to your regular pops, they should be the ones running the show.

I haven't played CiV in 6 years but yeah, that sounds about right. I dialled it right back to King because I found that more enjoyable.

>start game as merchant ferengi spiders
>EXPAND
>nope, xenophobe fuckers hate me simply because xenophobes, close borders, war within first 15 years
>they are stronger than me by far but suck at war, they declare the war a tie after 10 years
>nevar furget
>80 years later, decide revenge is needed
>spend last 5 years doing nothing but building ships, i'm still new to this game so I'm sure I could have done much better
>roll in with 10k fleet, destroy every fucking thing in sight
>vassalize his ass

FUCK YOUR SHIT YA FUCKING FAGGOT GOD DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A GANGSTER

Yeah, if you get that event you basically have to shut it down as fast as possible if you don't want to end up enslaved to your former slaves due to an absurd bug.

noice

have autocannons essentially become beam weapons for you?

What's a RTS with fun base building?

Grab the more traditions + more ascension perks mods

other cool thing for genetics are genetic failures. some of your pops transform into hideous useless things with all negative traits or some shit

Still open for recommendations

I wouldn't know, i prefer my plasma machine guns

here goes everything

So Paradox hires you to make some insults towards the various empires in Stellaris, what would your insult be?

Yo momma so fat she has her own gravity field that sucks even black holes in

It's up to you to make shit up that isn't "Terran Federation, 2025", m8.

Do AE's fix their ring worlds when they get angery?

i don't believe they do, last time i took on an AA its ring world was still broken.

If its still asleep don't take any worlds or you'll awaken it and any other FEs. Smash its ports and fleets and then send in science ships to analyse the wreckage so you'll be ready to take its worlds and slap down its awakening.

> "My name.. is Dante. But you can call me Dante thr xeno killer."
> FUCK YOU

too late now, i've beat 2 AA before. hell i might be easier now with my insane fire rate.

I'd rip off the cheesiest oneliners from sci-fi and action films I can find.

>"I'd tell you to lick my shit, but for all I know, it may be a delicacy for your people."

> "cuck"

persona mod when

holy fuck no contest, GG nerds

Any endless space fags that can give some pro tips and tricks?
Got ES the other day at steam sale and getting better bit by bit.

But how do you merge your fleets and increase invasion power?

Very well then. Since this is just for fun and screwing around game, I just going to call it a Terran Union.

I am going to do a political system to houserule my play, but unless anons want to know how I am going to work it, I won't bore you with how I am going to do election every 5 years.