/twg/ - Total War General

EIN REICH, EIN VOLK, EINE DAMSEL -edition

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Previously on /twg/

V A M P I R E - C H A N

1st for the Empire

Bit too early
Also when's 1.5

also praise sigmar

>722 posts
>copy pasting 4chanx

WARLORD OF EIGHT PEAKS

>he wants tomb kings to be in the second game so badly that he thinks Old Friend will be tomb kings related as well

Tomb Kings are the pre-order race.

Still waiting user ;_;

I'm going to be _________ by a ________!

Why is Skarsnik so unironically so shit as an AI, there's literally not a match where he doesn't get rekked in the first 50 turns.

The AI just isn't kunnin enough.

>doesn't even bother going back to Eight Peaks
>just fucks around burning Wissenland down and getting spanked by Beggar Nohammer

have my boipucci molested

huge barb wired dick

13th for quietly waiting for Eltharion to be in Warhammer 2.

The CREW gets ready to bully some little bitch boi and end the war

Blind or Grim?

>Crusading in the chaos wastes
Metal

>Chaos still existing at turn 263

Daith of Wood Elves fills the role of blind swordsman.

I've seen Archie spawn on top of a hero and get stuck in th wastes a few times

Not for long!

>hit the button for the fire-ball trinket
>Nothing happens
>suddenly the trinket spills over
>wrecks a mortis engine with one "salvo"

Given that there will be lords already from High Elves that carry grudges against Darkies, I wouldn't mind if it was Grim. He'd be quite suited to Megamap then, as he has a beef with greenskins.

Age of Sigmar fucking when?

LETS MAKE WARHAMMER GREAT AGAIN!

Hope you get it desu, you held up your part of the bargain.

stop being a faggot tho

He's a smith and not a swordsman, though, surely.

(you)

>stop being a faggot tho

>being on Veeky Forums
>not being a faggot

one exclues another friend

So we can all agree that Shogun 2 is the best total war, with Warhammer and Rome 1 sharing the number two spot, right?

Great!

What do you guys think about this?

>colossal enemies can spawn and roam around
>those enemies could be giants and arachnoks but 4-6 times as large
>balanced for a fight against a fullstack
>gives items and money on defeat
>will reinforce nearby battles as third party, hostile to all

HOPE YOU BROUGHT A RAINCOAT FUCKERS

Good mod, would rather not have in the main game.

right now, gib me Ironjawz

>Giant randomly spawns as you're trying to lay siege to an enemy hold
>Giant decides to attack the keep rather than you
>You can pay him it x to make him leave afterwards
>If not, it sticks around causing havoc.

>shit maps
>shit sieges
>1-on-1 animations

No, fuck off.

wow what kind of space marine is that?
it kinda looks like the marines from starcraft but they don't have shields or a hammer

Basically
>Enjoyed slaughtering them in siege battles where level 4 towers would destroy them, so waited for them to come of the wastes again to siege Ostrosk, Kislev or Praag
>Even spent time reviving Kislev in that time
>Chaos never came, fucking elves even colonized Norsca in that time
>Wondered what was wrong
>Went into the wastes and saw Archy and Sivgald just sitting there stuck together idle for the last 50 turns afraid to move

As the crew moved into the wastes, they could hear the screams of "don't hurt me pls" echo from the north...

>turn 168 of angrund hard campaign
>things are finally going my way after having to fight my way very slowly towards 8 peaks because fucking thorgrim lost the badlands bowl
>have lots of military allies so I can sicc them at the orcs
>suddenly out of the blue welves decide its a perfect time to attack bretonnia
>I'm the only ally of welves and also ally of bretonnia who has several allies

RREEEEEEE WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH TREE-HITLER WHY CAN'T THERE BE A MOMENT OF PEACE WITHOUT THESE FUCKING DISTRACTIONS.

I wouldn't know how they could handle a siege (not being able to pass through a gate due to the size, not being able to climb walls due to being monsters).

I image them just roaming around in raid stance and being a nuisance that way.

After the TWW's 2nd expansion hopefully.

is it just me or is the walls building chain bugged for skarsnik...?

They could probably entirely destroy walls and towers without anyone's help.
There would also be a chance that they turn on you rather than the enemy.

>Turn 168
>No 8P

bruh, just leave the starting position and move out for 8P at the start of the game.
Took me 40-50 turns to win it over and start expanding, very hard difficulty.

>Having a witch hunter in your army
>having helstorm rocket batteries and not the volley gun

??

>They could probably entirely destroy walls and towers without anyone's help.

That's a pretty good solution, haven't thought of that.

Nah, no thanks. Maybe a fun mod or something but doesn't really fit in to the world. There is simply a good dozen or three things they could do on the list I think.

I would but everytime I tried some fucker immediately went to raid my lands. First it was skarsnik who cheated his way to Karak Norn and Girmhold and while dealing with him the fuckin mutinous gits start sending their full stacks at me.

What happened in Norsca? o_O

Would love this, except
>those enemies could be giants and arachnoks but 4-6 times as large balanced for a fight against a full stack

They should just be regular strength

Bad news, everyone. My super elite crack team of peasants died when their army was wiped out by a Chaos army.

>raid my lands
you abandon them bro, just leave them to waste.
you occupy cities on the way to get XP and heal up on the way to 8P, same as Skarsnik campaign

IMPORTANT /TWG/ SURVEY

1. Number of non-Dwarf/Angrund playthroughs you've done
2. Number of campaigns you've seen Dwarfs colonise Grung Zint (hold near Brettonia/Marienburg)
3. Do you use any "AI colonises more" mods?

Me:
5 playthroughs
0 times, once colonized by Elves though
Yes

I'd play Flesh-Eater Courts.

*Blocks your path*

Just buff Beastmemes so they dont get completely wiped by turn 20.

LEAFENSRAUM

No

theres plenty of beasties tribes user and they do quite well even if they arent the beastmeme

>you abandon them bro, just leave them to waste

That doesn't sound very dwarfish.

I have 4 volley guns with Franz, ergo all 3 of those stacks together have 8 hellstorm including sunmaker, hammer of the witches, 4 volleygun, 4 tanks. Hellstorm is OP vs infantry

Witchers prevent enemy hero shit with bodyguard and watcher, and are decent 1 on 1. I believe sigvald was killed by one without me even paying attention. 3 Witchers passively reduce enemy hero success by -45% in the same province if fully upgraded I think?

I did the spearmen trick to constantly destroy the ports, then out of nowhere argwylion colonized it all, even after I destroyed oak of ages and other elves. Also after I resurrected Kislev they had nothing better to do than to go raze the remaining varg

In my VC playthrough all 4 elves started colonizing norsca and completely captured it too

you will get them again bruh, i believe clan Angrund would do ANYTHING to get 8 peaks back

If they are going to do a Dark Elf v High Elf LP that is NOT Allarielle v Hellebron The Witch and the Bitch or if they do two(unlikely) then they should save the position of "Hates Dark Elves alot" for Altih Anar. Personally I think Eltharion or Imrik are going to be FLC, I doubt we will even see Alith. Though I'd love to see all 3, if I had to choose I'd definitely go with Eltharion with Imrik as a second because Caledor.

0, i seen elves colonizing it, tho
Sort of, Rise of the Beastmen probably do this too. I think.

I loved my hunters by the end game. Some 70% chance of killing enemy heroes through assassination, 1 v 1 gods, -6 chaos corruption, ward save of 20

>abandoning territory because you're too shit to defend it against greenskins

That's literally the most dwarfish thing in the world.

On side note, I like how Saltzpyre in Vermintide isn't an edgelord (for a Witch Hunter), which is something very tempting and easy to do with them.

Question for Dawi players: What do you guys use to deal with routers at the end. Or is there no way to kill the fuckers once they route? Gyrocopters or something?

I reassemble my army, giving it time to rest before the cowards return for a second beating.

>playing on Hard
>a moment of peace in Total Warhammer

siege units, quarrlers, and copters yeah.

That's what you get for trying to be everybodies best bum buddy. You should only have one defensive ally, per frontier. Never ally with two neighbors.

My first hunter had a consistent 95% assassination chance, through assigning thugs and rogues to his retinue.
I really need to learn to embed them into armies though.

Beaten the game as various factions 6+ times.
The only time I payed attention to that corner was when I played Skarsnik.
The dwarfs of Grung Zing just sat there the whole campaign, noone attacked them and they didnt attack anyone.

I'm going to be dominated by a best elf!

Well it got me tilea as vassalage for reasons beyond my comprehension.

Dwarves just sit in their mountains like faggots and practically never colonise anything.

I've seen them ignore all the areas north and west of Karaz a Karak countless times.

Zhufbar and Black Mountains somehow seem to have a 'do not go here' tag, just like everything north of the The Vaults.
That is the only place I've seen the AI ever colonise.

>No map
>Just a cloud of bullshit

yeah nah

Mounted Thunderers (Great Weapons) ofcourse!
Courtesy of Radious.

Goblin Dabbing

All shall fear the Tomb Kings, be they Manlets, Masochists or Mannlets.

the fuck trinket is that?

Is that some shit only elves get?

Care to explain how any of those make sense as the "old friend"? The old friend is obviously referencing something either aforementioned in the TWW game or something explicitly mentioned in the lore as an "old friend." The only one who MAYBE fits that bill is Leitdorf being a friend of Karl and Krell being obviously missing from the game.

to your first point, I found an anecdote.
>Revenue £123.5 million. The anual spend average for the players is 300 to 600£. So we have per year 400k to 200k active players. You should add Casual players (around 80£ per year) and old players that they are still playing but they are investing small quantity. That means that per year should be around 800k to 400k (active and casual players) New players or reconverted players can be 100k per year, and the company was created on 1975, and each year games workshop loose 100k players and win the same quantity. So, "total historic players" can be 1.2m to 0.8m.

Granted, not all of these players will have bought TWW, but those statistics are enough to sell Sega or the CA development team on the idea.

To your second point, the proof is in the fact that they made the game AT ALL. No company that large would commit to an idea they thought didn't have legs to support them.

And your third point, there is nothing that would appeal to that audience so they couldn't care what choice gets made. Therefore they aren't even worth bringing up.

Never

Seriously

>168 turns of 50% increased upkeep
you realise you can just ignore the other badlands factions and go straight for 8 peaks right?

You don't have to take every settlement along the way, especially as you can't afford to defend them with the upkeep penalty.

waiting for Ungrim to win badlands bowl is stupid anyway because if a dawi faction takes 8peaks you got yourself a mighty civil war on yer hands.

No peace, just war!

How did that weird little revolution in the comments turn out?

It's some ring with a bound spell: fireball.
Except that's not how it works, must've glitched out due to some mod or whatever.

He's a zealot, but yeah, not a total edgemeister.

He's actually pretty bro-tier/mentally flexible (adapting to the circumstances of his new companions easily, including the Bright Mage he was supposed to be bringing in).

What's the spearmen trick? Very small stack at sea to constantly raid?

>SFO dwarfs

>Settra victory conditions: Conquer everyone and everything
>Major penalty to any diplomatic arrangement with a faction that isn't them becoming your vassal or paying you tribute for a deal.

MOUNTED THUNDEREERSSRSRSRS WHAT!

Yes

1. Spears are the cheapest Empire unit
2. They are way stronger than they should be in autoresolve combat
3. A hero with 15+ spears can go across norsca and autoresolve raid the villages, winning easily against max-level norscan gerisons, then the next turn you raze it after getting around 4-5k income

And if a full stack of varg or skraeling come to recolonise the ruins you can usually disembark and slaughter them as they are stuck after retaking the town and cannot retreat, and also are at half strength from the colonisation

>at war with faction
>accept their "peace treaty"
>they raid me next turn

so should I fight them and take the penalty or just be a bitch and let them raid me?

Raid them back

DAWI MISSILES

"A fistful of days more"
t. dev like 4 days ago

Apparently someone pointed out it was a dumb repetitive joke "bordering on bullying" or something
The guy who started it said something like "YEA THATS THE POINT, I WAS IRONIC, I WAS TRYING TO SHIT ON THE PEOPLE THAT ASK FOR THE PATCH"

>they STILL haven't fixed the longcoat clipping into his legs
He looks so fucking weird.

>hand has five fingers
>four days have passed
They're lying, it's gonna be more.