/acg/ - Armored Core General

Crest Is Best Edition.

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP
mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

Other urls found in this thread:

p156.chobi.net/20th/
typerx.usamimi.info/ac2/teamgogotea/acnx/nx_bnk_01.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Aaliyah a shit

?

bump.

I haven't played VD in a while and I'm wondering what weapons are good for a heavy?

Last raven balance patch update:

Had some time to get back on this week and make some progress, Testing is complete for movement speed and acceleration and I datamined the weapon stats (they're different in code from other stats, taking up different files)

Only things left to find are:
>Impact force (unlisted stat)
>Lock Type (not listed as "standard" in game files, but I think I know where to find it)
>weapon Lock Time (unlisted stat)
>lock on range
>Overboost, Hanger, and EO stats (I think EO is the same as weapon attack, I just haven't found it yet)

As long as I'm able to mess with OB/EO the rest of those can stay the same. The rest are more there for adjusting how weapons play but their core balance is still accuracy vs range vs dps and that's easy to figure out.

I may have asked this before, and I apologize if I did, but how would one go about implementing these improvements to Last Raven portable?

I'm working with portable but the PS2 versions seem to be different formatting

basically when I'm done I'll zip the changes into a patch file and players can apply that using a PPF patcher of some kind, I'll probably include the whole bundle in a new version of the LR ppsspp package, so players can get the patch file, patcher program, ppsspp, control schemes, hang workaround cheat, etc. in one file.

doing god's work user.

Basically anything that doesn't force you into ready position.

I only played the Armored Core 2 demo on the Playstation 1 demo disc, How should I get back into this game?

This shit really needs a update

How so?

Does this work with the official games, or do I need a pirated copy?

Hear my words, this thread wont survive the night

The three of us have to sleep sometime...

Just like the Armored Core series itself, death is always a step away.

Bedtime bump, I ain't letting it die that easily

Yes, as long as you have a way to read/write the official disc or burn a patched copy of it that will play. I'm just issuing out a manual patch file, I think the PSP has a built-in feature to add patches to games, but I could be wrong about that.

any hope for an AC announcement this year? will FromSoft finally show the 6 of us some love?

Very, very, veeeeeeery slim chance at TGS. Like, maybe a screenshot of a mocked up title logo, at the very most.

Bump.

not likely at TGS. From tends to do their announcements at E3, and it's been long enough since they said they started work that they would have something to show for it this year at E3.

Maybe not a trailer, but at least teasers/titles/screenshots. By TGS time they're more likely to have a trailer. Dev cycle for games like this is 1-2 years, so if they're not at least halfway done by now then that means it's being put aside for something else, which we would see a trailer.

Going quiet until the end of 2017 doesn't make sense for them.

Bump.

E3 is where the hope is.

even if you were to update it... it's in GIMP. I'm sorry user.
I still have hopes, but I don't think they wont drop anything for TGS.
They wanted to do new IP IIRC and for PC too.

Not him but I use GIMP.

What actually needs changing in it? I can do the edits later maybe.

ded

>tried to convince my friend to buy the armored Core trilogy on PSN since he had plenty of money and I thought he'd like it
>he passed it up to by Tom Clancy's Call of ghost Duty Recon Battlefield or something

I'm sorry bros. I failed.

Some grammatical errors would be great if you can. But mostly there have been some mad bantz about which game is better, difficulty and V vs 4A fags.

I got AC5+VD after getting hooked on the franchise by watching 4A, where do I fall into this?

dedd

p156.chobi.net/20th/
Anyone know if this is fake?

DON'T GO TO THIS WEBSITE. I got some warnings that it might be a virus.

Bump.

Can anyone recommend me some decent builds for AC:Nexus?

bump

A midweight with a Pixie2, a micro missile launcher, and something else on your back can tackle practically everything the game throws at you.

How this sounds I'm thinking of trying it out

typerx.usamimi.info/ac2/teamgogotea/acnx/nx_bnk_01.htm

Well, I've forgotten a handful of these parts, but
>Kujaku
That one's pretty dangerous, especially with the 83TP. Good luck with that.
>WB73
I'm pretty sure that's a rocket. That'll be rough to use, especially on something this twitchy.
>radar
Personally, I'm biased against radar, but maybe you're the kind of person that likes having it. Definitely makes ECM less painful.
>LB3
You better be really good at landing hits with a blade because that's the shortest blade in the game and it has a long reload time. Granted, you're ripping out about 1500-2000 AP in a hit.

>V vs FA

you mean VD vs FA. No one prefers V to FA.

I didn't check the link but if it's the 20th anniversary countdown (which it looks like, from the link) then it is a fake.

Ignore the letter rankings. You should build for weight/def/damage/heat efficiency, not to get higher scores.

>pixie2

Pixie3 master race. Get on my level.

Is the grind blade in the back, or on the shoulder? Should ultimate weapons count as shoulder weapons?

Bump.

Live.

Both. Melee UWs take up the whole arm plus two back slots, wrapping around one shoulder.

Some UWs (like giga missile) only take up the back slots and don't have a wrap-around arm component.

They're not technically shoulder weapons in V/VD because shoulder units are internal in those games.

Howdy.

Bump.

Interesting design idea.

It's okay brother user, let him play his simplistic shooter, he'll lose interest in it soon enough.

>Tried reaching a few friends how to play VD

My friends fucking sucked at playing, you can only 1 v 4 in teams fights for so long as a jack of all trades build

I really hope we get something new at E3, hopefully they can take a hint from dark souls and actually market it properly this time around.

Does it bother anyone else here that while everyone fucking knows darks souls, no one ever seems to know armored core despite being from the same developer?

Had a few friends how claimed they loved all of FromSoftwares works and then I pointed out how armored core was actually their seconds big game following kings field. The look on their face when they realized demon souls/dark souls weren't FromSoftwares first games >my giant robot got the moonlight sword before your faith spamming knight did

So I've been wrestling with this firefox issue for a while now (the one that causes me constant high disk usage). For some reason, I was able to fix it just by making a new profile. Isn't that weird?

I think this makes me angry more than anything else; the fair weather fans.

Bump.

I'm about to buy this sexy model, any input on it?

I know that feel. Tried playing 1, Last Raven and 4A with friends but no one got interested.

That Demon's Souls quote though.

>put inspiring quote
>cover half of it with a weapon so it can't be read

Truly /ourguy/.

They'll never know the pain of nine ball or Marche au Supplice/Occupation of Arteria Carpals on hard mode

Bump.

No pain, no gain. Come on step it up casuals.

bump.

>People like dark souls for being a very "in-depth" game
>Most people turn away from armored core because it's to in-depth

>praise dark souls for having the "deepest lore" and having minimalist storytelling
>claim Armored Core's story is convoluted, makes no sense, or is non-existent entirely despite using almost an identical format

I have tried with my brother, friends, even a cousin, nobody wanted to spend even 5 minutes on the garage.

Hell, even "dying" is technically part of armored core as well

and aside from Last Raven and Ninebreaker (going by the senpais expirience here, is just plain cruelty) , the games are hard but fair most of the time.

Some of the old games actually gave you pretty substantial boosts if you were actively preforming like shit

I would say levels of fair were hard mode dependent, certain fights became fucking insane on hard mode, I would say White Glint in FA could be pretty hellish too depending on your loadout

>White Glint

For a reason, I always feel he really hard when fighting on a fresh new game (did it thrice) , but once you defeat him, is like the AI just stop trying and becomes a pushover when replaying the mission.

Armored core did have a bit of funky AI at times

but he is really fun fighting against in those "first times".

That's what I liked about the series.

Why do find dying funny?

bump

>Fun
I agree, but the second chance he gets on hard mode did not evoke a nice reaction from me

That took me by surprise the first time I did hard, I dont know if it explained what really happens there on the official books, but it was a asspull that I actually enjoyed, but my reaction was basically the same that Serena has

>Wait! It's moving again?! What kind of NEXT is this?

I had like 4000 AP left the first time that happened because i fucked few quick-boosts into his missiles by accident

t. lapdog.

>League dogs, welcome to earth

I don't know why but i fucking love that line, ORCA a best though

Similar, but I run into his Assault Armor because we got trapped withing the pillars.

A man of taste has show himself it seems, the voice acting has something that makes the line sounds really good, but personally prefer the text version.

Bump.

bump

We're gonna save humanity right?