freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

itch.io/jam/agdg-loli-jam-2017
youtube.com/watch?v=6sJFMyI3eZ0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant_colony_optimization_algorithms
dmhacker.github.io/sim/tsp/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for non-anime gamedevs

post "hit another!" in this thread and good code will come to you!

>*refunds your game*

Whatcha gonna do about it, fuckboy?

Post your loli jam progress!
itch.io/jam/agdg-loli-jam-2017

Seven days left!

my game takes 1 sec to complete. everything else is bonus

Not gonna make it in months let alone a week.
I'm a shitter who shouldn't even try to make games.

>play game for 100 hours
>get full refund
GENIUS IDEA!

Feel free.

Hell, feel free to pirate my game.
If you don't think it's worth your money, it isn't.

Recommend me some Ancient Egyptian pyramid enemies I could add

>my game is a boring pretentious walkiung simulator with ccrudely shoved in political message, why are people refunding it?!

really compiles my code

The Rock

anubis

Cute dog bois

my game is going to be opensource, since I'm not going to be able to prevent people from pirating it, anyways. I'll still sell it on steam.

make a better game

KEK

Why not just offer it for free with a PayPal link for donations?

because steam garners more attention, it is it's own type of marketing.

ur mum

scorpion golem made of sarcophagi

In a way I'm pretty much of the same opinion: your main game can last one hour and a half and be great and working, a refund in that case would be being an asshole.
On the other hand, the people who pull this off are always unreliable shitty artsy indie devs, and they would probably abuse it.
Somebody could make a survival/crafting game with no ending, a 1 hour tutorial, 10 minutes of actual gameplay and be like: "Refund window 59 minutes :^)"
In the end, I think time-based refund systems are shit and you can have too many trust issues. Boils down too much to bad dev/good dev. Let's find some other way, please.
Spike traps from the ground.
Rattlesnakes.
Rattlesnakes in pots.
Falling rocks (and pots).
Anubis and other gods.
Living hieroglyphs (sketches like birds that come alive and let stuff fall on you?)

Enjiy paying >$1000 to get on Steam after greenlight is kill

what?

if you can beat the game within the refund window, then its not a real game

and the refund window is 4 hours

if you get bored with the game after only 3 1/2 hours of ply time, its a shit game and you want your money back

Not much to report this week honestly. I have compressed the 6 backgrounds used in the intro stage down to 3 and I have been redrawing them from scratch (at over 2x the size) based on the feedback from DD13.

Also I buffed Lore so she no longer loses black flames when using her Burst (but it still runs off of a gauge to determine damage and score bonus). It grazes the same regardless if the gauge is 100% or 1% though so even if you don't use it for damage it still has uses for her scoring mechanics. I cannot help that she is my favorite. Probably because she was the first moth I made

The refund window is under 2 hours of play within 14 days of purchase. Steam has been known to stretch those numbers a bit to allow more refunds but those that is the official window.

I have a concept for a game. If I wanted to make a 2d paper mario esque game, would either unity or game maker studio be good choices? I am completely new at this

(from previous thread)

Unity because you can move and rotate sprites in 3d space

is that a joke

>"if you can beat the game within the refund window, then its not a real game" (?)
>and the refund window is 4 hours (it's actually 2)
>implying the game has got me bored in 3 1/2 hours or it's just the lenght
Weak bait, pham.
Paper Mario-esque? As in, completely 2D flat stuff or 2D in a 3D world? If it's the first GameMaker, the latter Unity.

did they recently changed it?

I got refund on 3 1/2 hour of the new deus ex

I explained that it wasn't a real deus ex game it was more like a mgs game and i didnt want that and i got the refund $25

Godot might work for you, it's easier to use than Unity, and has better 3D than Gamemaker.

Typically if a game is panned universally they make an exception for it and extend the limits of when it can be refunded (see No Man's Sky)

I thought that was paper Mario's whole gimmick. If you want straight 2d then go with GM.

Is it normal to lose inspiration for a little while? I dont know what I did but christ the depression is kicking in hard lately.

Why did blender just fuck up the neutral pose?

Just be yourself

Its hard to believe but yes, Unity has that capability.

+1 to "if only 2d, gm, if any 2.5d or 3d, unity" response

make Indiana Jones a boss

Godot has better everything than Gamemaker

Stop trying to recruit plebs to the godot club.

Except games.

I've seen people say this for who knows how long and still there are 0 godot games.

Isn't that your job?

Take a small break. Emphasis on small, no more than a week.

There are games, they're just unfinished.

that's because people who keep talking about godot on /agdg/ don't actually make games, they just want to irritate people on cantonese cartoon board

The Deponia series is Godot, but they also made the engine. Freedom Wars is a cool looking open source game made in Godot but it's not done.

youtube.com/watch?v=6sJFMyI3eZ0

Scarabs are a must. Various Egyptian gods are also an obvious choice. Jackals, or whatever type of animal they think the iconographic Egyptian dog is supposed to represent these days. Floating possessed canopic jars.

Seriously what the fuck. It just suddenly decided to double the distance between the foot control bones and the feet, fucking up every single animation I've made so far.

The reload animation just loops on and on instead of switching to idle sprite once it finishes.

what am I missing?

i would recommend probably not fucking with the background too much yet and instead just make really quick readability changes like throwing up a fog between it and the gameplay space or using a shader which lowers the contrast

its easy to make a lot of revisions on the same pieces of art so its usually good to minimize that by going and working on other portions of the game which arent in yet at all but keep the same feedback in mind when creating those other parts

>Excluding FPS
Kek you're just a bunch of cookie cutters scared to even acknowledge 3D genres.

Where's your game?

there isnt really enough code here to tell exactly what the problem is but my gut would say the problem would be something like one of these this
>it does go to idle at the end but then restarts the reload
>the animation is 14 frames long so you are checking an index that it will never reach
>setting state doesnt actually do anything

i would start by putting a breakpoint where it sets the state back to idle and seeing if it gets hit when you expect it to

>FPS
>3D genre
>the FPS genre was pioneered by 2D games

I need a pathfinding system that:
>Gets a list of points
>Creates a path that goes through all of them
>Starting at any of those points
>And going through all the others in any order
>Returns the shortest path

Any ideas?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant_colony_optimization_algorithms

This is the traveling salesman problem.

>it does go to idle at the end but then restarts the reload
not possible, it goes to reload state only on pressing R, there is no reason for it to got there again if I'm not holding anything

>the animation is 14 frames long so you are checking an index that it will never reach
hm, yeah, it's 14 frames long
wait first frame in 14 frame animation is index 0 and last is index 13?
well I tried to se it to 13 and even 15, but it keeps looping

>setting state doesnt actually do anything
it returns to idle from everything else, so I guess
if image_index = whatever
{
state = states.idle
}
is a wrong instruction to use here
god all of this just makes me feel stupid

the moment I fix something and move on to something else the wall just grows taller and taller

This is honestly good advice. Unfortunately I had already convinced myself that at least one of the three layers needs a complete redraw. However I will be taking your suggestion and just altering the remaining 2 as efficiently as possible via code or 'tricks'. I still have lots to add from the feedback and I still really want to have a proper stage 2 included for DD14.

Thank you, user!

rewrote the tile-neighbor indexing system and added functionality to place and remove individual tile instances at runtime.
p-progress

how's the modeling going, user?

>twisting yourself into mental knots to avoid admitting someone was right
Hi gogem

PLAY MY GAME YOU DUMBFUCKS

shut up gogem

what if i buy it and don't play?
what if i pirate it and play a lot?

>what if i buy it and don't play?
fine

>what if i pirate it and play a lot?
fine as long as you shill it too

Even I don't want to know how bad it is. And I'm also stuck since I can't make good enough references, which means I have to grind drawing like a madman.
Here's the most ok thing I made.

>when a crazy idea that vastly improves my game pops up

Doing a "city" mockup real quick to see how it looks like ingame

Is it wrong if I like vector aesthetic? You know, the contemporary stuff that dominates corporate design and advertising? But have game art direction in that style

Is it "wrong"? I associate it with mobile and flash games in most cases, but I'm sure it could be executed well. Most any style can.

Really surprised no one caught this.
Unless GM is lazy and let's you mix assignment with equality. It needs to be if image index == whatever

It does, actually. It's also really liberal with where semicolons are required. In both cases I wish it wasn't since it's instilled some bad habits in me.

Pixel art looks better

REEEEEE

how do you make a comfy background for your sidescroller

Draw a happy face on it

guys I think it's because the image speed is less than 1 so image index 13 does fuck all

Use other colors for starters

It's possible. Seems to me like that wouldn't be the issue; an image speed greater than 1 could skip sprite frames, but it doesn't seem like a speed less than 1 ought to. Either way, using anything other than an integer for image speed seems like it's probably bad practice to me (I don't know much about much, though).

What new project should I start today?

I tried it
the check literally doesn't work beyond number 12, even with a 16 frame animation

An h-game.
Even low quality rpg maker ones can get you 800 per month.

Is this bait? If this is bait then it is incredibly well put together, it takes real skill to rustle jimmies with such restraint rather than just making some dumb statement about engines.

game dev already makes me want to kill myself enough, I'll maintain the shreds of what's left of my dignity, thanks though!

What will be the theme for the June Jam after DD14?

I just wanted some guidance in pathfinding... :3c
dmhacker.github.io/sim/tsp/

Yep i agree with Monster girl island is quite nice though when i see it in phub. You just gotta know what the community wants and you're set.

Is this what it's like to be a woman? Knowing that you could make huge bank by sullying yourself and having to live with that struggle?

Kind of, except women actively enjoy sullying themselves, so they get to enjoy it.

I think having the top be a park is looking way better than the crappy building I had before.

Black spikes aren't cute, it looks like a graveyard.

Got somewhat-useable animations in to do stuff based on your speed.

currently working on the object of the level to be getting cubes across the street, unlocking the gate and doing some puzzles in the park.

Okay, I'll bite - you're describing the travelling salesman problem, it's an incredibly difficult problem to solve other than by brute force approaches. There are some indications that a quantum computer could solve it in non-polynomial time so maybe try that?

can you sell lewd games made in gamemaker? they had something in their docs about not allowing lewds

Post webm dodgin obstacles, pls
Also, play wipeout music in the background!