/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Cutest of Cutes edition

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah Lore (DEEPEST)The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T15-xfUr8z4
jphanderson.wordpress.com/2017/04/03/breath-of-the-wild-script/
youtu.be/_DKH_4XvVIg?t=130
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Long Throw

Technically first for Riju.

>the perfect waifu doesn't exi-

Sell me on your shitty DLC fanwank ideas

Time travel portals allow Lonk to travel back 100 years to have boss fights against each champion.

fivest for there's probably a post that is actually fifth

Best Waifu in each relevant game:

LA: Marin
OoT: Malon
MM: Romani
WW: Medli
OoX: Maple
TP: Midna
SS: Zelda
ST: GHOST BLOWJOB
ALBW: Hilda
BotW: Riju

More recipes, or your smartphone tracking special recipes like cake or pie or having mushrooms and stuff being used in elixirs and more unique stuff like if you took all types of mushrooms and got.. something
Elixir vendor, where the fuck is the witch?
Slingshots
Horses teleporting with you
Korok seeds used for something else after unlocking everything, like cash or rare stuff
Blacksmiths/vendors selling weapons, shields and bows, weapon types are based on shrine or divine beast progress - i want fucktons of korok weapons available to me at all times damnit
Rewards from Beetle being more significant
Ability to track Acorns
Fishing, rod and reel. yes I know about bombs but bait does not workat fucking all
Double durability on Champion weapons
A new phase of Ganon, humanoid form, only available to wielders of the Master Sword
Large ass dungeons on par with Hyrule Castle, just dungeons to explore, no mazes, no puzzles, just let me dick around and explore
Other misc crafting like sharping swords, making your own weapons, or improving current weapons because I like the idea of some other anons Boko bat with ancient screws in it for more smash

Don't forget about fierce Tetra!

>koroks disappear if you find them all!

No, they don't. Now my map is ruined by hundreds of poops and every time I'm outside I see these little FREAKS ruining my framerate.

Tetra is the hot chick you go off on adventures with over the weekend and maybe sneak a little sexy time with while nobody's looking.

Medli is the kind of girl you can go home to, kind and supporting but secretly kinky as fuck. Command melody makes her wet as fuck. She knows about what goes on during your weekend flings with Tetra but she's fine with it. If anything she gets off on it.

>Gaddison
>son
>SON
>Not in Tarrey Town

Remember how big the plateau felt?

He's the guard at the entrance to Tarrey Town, patrols up and down that rock bridge.

Dinraal no longer spawns at the Eldin skeleton

Where can I go to farm these parts?

the fish keeps the hinox away

I wish you could go inside of Akkala stronghold.

Here's hoping that the sequel will have map reveals tied to dungeons

Zelda and Link visit every race and make them allies with a formal agreement and Hyrule Castle and Town get rebuilt

if switch/wii u:
hard reset the console

if cemu:
ur fucked

>wow this area is huge
>wow that blue guy just killed me in one hit
>holy fuck where do I got warm clothes
>wow this sword has 4 times as much attack as my axe
>goddammit arrows are super rare
>holy fuck I just climbed this church how do I get back down

Yahaha!

So I heard if you get one of the elemental resist sets (Snowquill, Flamebreaker etc) to 2 stars you get full immunity to that element can I use to to ride the dragons by climbing on them

>Ability to track Acorns
This has to be a meme at this point. No one is actually this incompetent, right?

They still knock you back if you touch them.

nope they still do physical damage if you touch them

I need a cursed Bokoblin, they don't spawn in either guardhouse in Hyrule Castle. Where can I find one?

Fuck, the dream is dead

This is the one thing I feel like BotW is missing.

All of these ruins but no real caves or structures to explore in the entire world except for Hyrule Castle.

One of my favorite memories of playing TP was when I stumbled across that branching cave in Lake Hylia. I had no idea it was there until I ran across it and it was a blast to explore, if straight forward.

Applying something like that to the non-linear design logic of BotW would be incredible. Imagine of the Colosseum had pits beneath it where old mechanisms used for the fights were. Cages for monsters, beasts and fighters. An armory, etc.

Akkala Stronghold could have been similarly expanded. Same with some of the ruins in the desert. What if you discovered a ruin that housed an entrance to an ancient tomb and as you made your way down the ruins would seem less and less degraded and better maintained until you reached the bottom and found the ancient spirit of Twinrova gathering her power to revive herself or something.

The overworld is already full of fantastic opportunities for exploration but they all end at ground level. Plenty of discovery, but few of those discoveries lead to more focused exploration.

I'd actually like a Hyrule Castle Town rebuilding set of quests, especially if you get to customize it.

Anyone have that video with some guy killing a Lynel using only tree branches?

I suspect there aren't any significant caves because of their terrain system. As far as I can tell, their system doesn't allow for one height-mapped chunk of terrain to overlap another, so any caves they do have are 'hard modeled' geometry, not technically 'terrain.'

Move over OP, real cutest BOTW character coming through.

That's a damn shame. For all the verticality the overworld has it ends up feeling rather flat without features like this.

This is no place for your deceptions, blasphemer.

>half of gerudo town knows you're a voe
>still have to wear those shitty clothes

I can think of only four or five that see through the outfit.

One of them runs a black market, one is two old to care and two are the highest ranking officials of the Gerudo government and need your help.

Fuck, even the innkeeper who gives you a fucking massage and spa treatment doesn't realize you are voe.

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Tits is accurate

Teake says you're welcome to join her ranks but if you say you will she says she spoke to Buliara and she knows the mission you're on takes precedence. So Link not only has the potential to have an older Riju attempting to seduce him but also a guaranteed job doing what he does best. Knowing his skill level him taking Buliara's job after some time seems very likely

Fish > Sandniggers

>holy fuck I just climbed this church how do I get back down
The true peak of BotW
Literally nothing topped that

I took my pictures in the Rito beast

You have to post fanart to prove your point.

I can just post in game screenshots.

WE LITERALLY HAD THIS ISSUE WITH DOOM 1
THIS WAS AN ISSUE WITH SHOOTERS IN THE 90S, WE SOLVED THIS WITH STAR WARS DARK FORCES GODDAMN SHIT FUCK NINTENDO!!!! WE SHOULD NOT BE HAVING THIS ISSUE IN 2017

Not true, check out Cape Cales, Lake Akkala, the cave east of Keya Pond or the Forgotten Temple.
All are examples of overlapping heights.

m8 my waifu could beat your waifu in a fight

user your waifu is dead and mine has access to a fucking man-made thunder god.

ever wonder how much a bottle of semen might go for in gerudo town?

Ghosts can still use weapons senpai, and you can't kill a ghost. Unless you heal it

They do have overhangs and smaller caves, but they're not part of the terrain system.

The cliff overhangs are 'caps' that they put on the height-map. If you can get the camera to clip through a cliffside, you can see the real terrain hiding behind the facade.

The only weapon she can use is Vah Ruta.

Which has been established as having a weakness to electricity.

Of course a 60 year old beat a 12 year old

Have you guys seen this faggot's video? He goes on a long rant that pretty much culminates to "wahh wahh this game is too open needed, I need someone to hold me back"

youtube.com/watch?v=T15-xfUr8z4

Here's the write-up

jphanderson.wordpress.com/2017/04/03/breath-of-the-wild-script/

Yeah that's all custom geometry, not a height-map. Like houses or shrines, not like the hills. It's more expensive to do that stuff.

Ultima VII Part II circumvented that issue by making entrances to cellars and stuff basically teleporters, teleporting you out to the see (which only on the map showed as sea) where they instead installed the dungeon.

I still think she's 14.

>Hyrule is a holographic universe

If the king could use an axe Mipha can use a spear

Why are so many girls thirsty for link?

It's tradition
Legend of Zelda needs to go full waifu dating sim at some point, really fulfill the vision of OoT

impossible to say how old she is but I go for the youngest age rather than the oldest possible

Here's an example of how terrain is built:
>go to 2:10
youtu.be/_DKH_4XvVIg?t=130

Clipping behind cliff geometry reveals a very simple heightmap terrain hidden behind the cliff face.

The only places thet deviate significantly from heightmap + geometry-dropped-on-top are: Shrine internals, Divine Beasts' internals, and Hyrule Castle.

All these locations require a load screen, except for Hyrule Castle. Any area of significant complexity with 'hard modeled' buildings, like towns, tank the game's framerate. Everything points to this part of the game engine being relatively un-optimized...

have you seen the other males in this game?
>fat guy who leers at women all day
>pathetic beta who gives you his shoes
>a literal pedophile
>an old homosexual
>someone stuck up a tower
>a crossdresser
>kilton

Link is the first young and attractive male to show up in 100 years.

What about Mt Hebra? It's got a circular hole in it

please no. I don't want another mass effect which the overwhelming part of people just play for the waifus

Who's the pedo? I've been through the game fairly extensively and I don't remember anything like that

Actually, yeah, that seems to be an odd exception. It's still not any kind of sprawling cave system, but at least it's a big-ish cave of some kind..

The guy who goes after the 6 year old Zora.

after you clear out the zora divine beast there is a little red female zora who gives you a quest for a soul or something and some dude or something likes fresh tuna or something

Oh yeah, that was weird as shit. He doesn't even second guess that she's supposedly mature in age, and he just jumps on it.

Updated
Weapon type
>One-handed: Requires only one hand and allows the use of a shield. Typically balanced
>Two-handed: Slow and requires both hands, thus preventing the use of a shield. Typically stronger
>Spear: Fast but requires both hands, thus preventing the use of a shield. Typically weaker

Weapon material
>Wood: Can catch fire when exposed to high temperatures causing it to become a fire weapon but also deteriorate over time rather than just use
>Metal: Magnetic and capable of acting as a lightning rod. Creates sparks when striking ore or flint
>Ancient: Strong against Guardian enemies and strengthened by Ancient Proficiency
>Bone: Strengthened by the Radiant set of armor

Weapon attack type
>Sharp: Can cut through trees
>Blunt: Can't cut through trees

Weapon charge type
>Hold and spin: Hold the weapon in place while charging up stamina before doing a rapid spin
>Spin: Slowly begin to spin while simultaneously using stamina
>Hold and jab: Hold the weapon in place while charging up stamina before rapidly jabbing
>Hold and iaigiri: Hold the weapon in place while charging up stamina before suddenly slashing

Weapon element
>None
>Fire: Briefly sets flammable things ablaze while also raising the immediate surrounding temperature. Does double damage against ice enemies
>Ice: Briefly freezes freezable objects solid while also reducing the immediate surrounding temperature. Does double damage against fire enemies
>Shock: Electrocutes enemies, briefly paralyzing them and causing them to drop their equipment. Has an AoE against frozen or wet enemies

Special properties
>None
>Torch: Can be on fire indefinitely and is capable of lighting other things on fire
>Spring-Loaded Hammer: Regular attacks will always cause enemy recoil and charged attacks cause major enemy recoil
>Boomerang: Returns to the user when thrown
>Rod: Uses an element when swung
>Korok Leaf: Uses gusts of air
>Windcleaver: Uses sharp gusts of air to cut things from a distance
>Breaker: Ignores attack power and destroys destructible materials such as ore and crates in one hit

Anything I'm missing? Does the Woodcutter's Axe or Double Axe ignore damage and cut trees in one hit?

I think that using the woodcutter's axe on trees reduces the durability damage it takes, but it doesn't take them down in one hit.

axes seem to one shot trees, then again atk up food effects mining/chopping.

and axes seem to last longer when cutting trees

THE BEST

>Hold and iaigiri
>iaigiri

Goron weapons are more effective against deposits and Taluses than other weapons of the same type/damage.
Master Sword has a beam when 'thrown'.
Guardian shield deflects beams without staggering Link.
Lynel and Stalfos shields inflict damage on successful parry.

I think he's talking about the move you do with the eightfold longblade where you slash it as you take it out of the sheath. I also don't know any Japanese so I very well could be completely mistaken

I would ask if this affects wooden crates as well, but I think that any two-handed metal weapons destroy ore and wooden crates in one hit, but I'm not 100% sure.

It gets a little confusing with special properties when durability and attack power come into play.

An Iaigiri is a type of move practiced in Iaido, a Japanese sword discipline. It's rapidly unsheathing, slashing, and then sheathing the katana from a standstill, often when kneeling on the ground. I have yet to try it myself, but supposedly the Eightfold Blade has this as its charge move.

Can't believe I forgot the Master Sword.
Not gonna apply shield properties yet because that gets into territory I don't fully understand yet. For example, every shield is listed with a parry power, so I don't think it's just Lynel and Stalfos shields that inflict damage.

I want to marry that fish and produce a heir to the zora throne with it

>master sword on mineral deposit
>2 swings to break the vein
>eat bananas
>one swing to break the vein
ah... AAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

>give rusty shield to a sucktorok
>he spits out a royal shield

neat

>Depriving Sidon of his birthright

I knew fishfags were despicable but this is over the line

oh all right, thought it was just a typo

So I got the diamond circlet from under the Akkala labyrinth, was there anything else in that basement that I missed?

>thinking Sidon would rater be stuck in one place doing taxes forever than out exploring the world

>implying Muzu doesn't handle taxes and other shit that Dorephan can't be bothered with

No. Diamond Circlet is also not part of any armor sets so you are not missing anything in that direction either.

It's worth doing just to destroy 3 decayed guardians with one parry.

Naturally.

the fuck sword are that?

Full Diamond Armour from Isha would've been magnificent but hell to purchase and upgrade

I wonder how they're armpit smells haha

Literally the only girls who aren't are either Yiga or Prima, the innkeeper who tells you she's into bugs to try and get you to go away.

Goron one I'd assume. Couldn't say which

>even fully upgraded climbing gear doesn't let you climb in rain
Why?
Why even add the rain mechanic if there's absolutely no way around it other than to wait it out?

Most of the Gerudo don't really care about him. Although most of them only meet him while he's crossdressing.

>no way around it

>Stamina elixirs and foods.
>Stamina Upgrades.
>Rivali's (sp?) Gale.
>Link can take 6 steps and then a hop between slips.
>Using fulton on logs, rocks or anything