The elder scrolls online general /tesog/

best settlement edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/22/watch-the-return-to-morrowind-gameplay-trailer
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/21/homestead-is-now-live-on-xbox-one-and-playstationr4

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/124986015

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/330377/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-10

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [New Player's Guiide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
sup nig

I love you.

More like "trials never ever" edition.

>Be me
Rank 7 in trades in my guild with 1M in sales
>Log in
>Now rank 8
Well atleast i sold 80k in shit.

ha get rekt hasbeen, morrowind called they want their UI back

HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO THIS STUPID FUCKING NIGGER SHIT. MAGDK FUCKING BLOWS. THESE NIGGER FUCKING SPIDERS AND THE YELLOW PILLAR WON'T SPAWN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LOOKS LIKE ITS TIME TO START WRITING A WILL!

So I just started playing this shit and for some stupid ass reason i pick magic and get a claymore first weapon. wtf?

Any class can be built around any weapon. You can go craft, steal, find a Destruction staff after the tutorial.

can i roleplay a non-combat thief in this game

if you can find a non-gay erp vampire guild.

Thieves Guild is pretty non-combat focused and you could just roam around cities stealing stuff and breaking into places. There are even sets built around making sneaking cost less stamina, no longer reduce your movement speed and helping with your detection radius.

Short Bosmer girls for snuggling and cuddling.

Bamp bros

>Azura said it's MY turn to play!

Hey guys I been looking for a new MMO to play after not playing any MMO for almost 3 years now. I have it narrowed down to this and BDO.

I just want to know how is the group conent and PVP balance? A problem with BDO is taht instead of real content they increase the grind more and more and add paid cash shop items to ease the pain + PVP is super unbalance.

WELL i did it. i finally retarded strengthed my way through it

how do I make a face that looks good in all lighting

Well it has better PvE group content than BDO that's for sure, PvP is not really my forte so I can't comment on that.

The cash shop in ESO is also a joke in a good way, its purely cosmetic and the few things that are "timesavers" for things like upgrading your mount daily aren't worth the cost vs the time/cost it takes to just do them normally.

Thanks to the crown sale, my redguard's looking better than ever.

>we wuz sword singers n shieeet

Props broseidon. I still need to attempt it. Probably most comfortable with my magdk, but don't know how well they'd perform.

10/10 would get raped by

i beat it with a magdk. it was rough. it's more than doable. you should really have some tri pots though. running out of stamina will kill you so fast and my magdk only has around 10k base

>bombs internally

I love shitposting in MMO's

it's literally my life

>hit 50 on a character
>think of a new build I want to try
>roll a new character
At least when the double XP ends tomorrow I'll be less enthusiastic about making alts.

Cool, thanks. I'll need to work on my rotation though. Currently have BSW divines, grothdarr divines, and willpower jewelry, golded fire staves. My rotation needs work, only pulling around 18k - 20k DPS single target, so I need to work on it. Really don't want to have to gold out my BSW, trying to save tempers for Morrowind, in case a new armor becomes too dog.

You can just reset stats and skills you know.

Racials man.

yeah, standard build. same one i used except i use a lightning staff on my back bar. your dps will be more than enough it's just the stamina will fuck you if you're not careful. get used to spamming burning embers

>not always being a bosmer in at all times

I am the pupper.

This is a stupid question, but what is that skill that tanks seem to use that makes the user emit some kind of golden wave and seems to heal/regen health nearby players?

Probably Vigor its a PvP skill and a common Stamina Heal.

It's Vigor, an alliance war skill, not a tank-specific thing. Most tanks take it because it's nice to have a self heal and since it's an AoE heal you can kind of help keep up the DPSes.

>mfw theres always at least one pin that doesnt lock even though the pins wiggling

It's a shame no one else can see pupper form.

Why is there a young wasp following me around? Am I supposed to take it somewhere?

>i picked up a quest but am too retarded to know this and check my log
how do people get tripped up like this still the game has baby hand holding quest markers

Is this some new-age trolling, wasps will follow you sometimes if you kill their parents.

A baby handholding game and you still managed to be wrong. Great going, champ.

Wasps will lay eggs in you sometimes. Kill the parent before it hatches and it'll follow you around for a while.

Are these purple style things worth anything? They're taking up bank space and I don't think I'm hitting rank 10 in crafting passives anytime soon

depends on style, but they are usually worth quite a bit

Not so much nowadays with the motifs dropping from the anniversary boxes, although that market will start to dry up.

Is there a non-crown Guar mount? I really want one.

Only non-crown mounts are horses. It's unfortunate.

Wait, so the 4/5 horses you can buy in the stable are the only non-crown mounts? There's no rare-drop mounts or anything?

Nope. The game launched with horses and nothing but horses, and that didn't really change until the senche loyalty bonus a few months before they dropped the mandatory sub. Mounts are largely treated as cosmetic after you get your first one.

Hey guys I'm new, why do you all hate Bosmers?

Go ask Veeky Forums's tes thread for the answer.

>ywn be part of Beth's Dev team during morrowind development
>Ywn do acid with kirkbride and eat pizza with Todd while forlornly developing an expansive RPG with about 5 other guys
That must be the true feel of comfy

All the smart ones flew away on the moving city. All that's left are the idiots.

Been thinking about it instead of sleeping. Should I go into normal ma to get a feel for the spawns, or just rice into vma?

>start main questline
>find it pretty boring
>do the thieves guild questline
>it's decent but boring at the same time with the need to do the same crime spree missions again and again to unlock the next story mission
>just started dark brotherhood questline
>feels the exact same as the thieves guild but with killing instead of stealing

I enjoy this game a lot in general but why are the story missions so mediocre and boring for the most part? Is there any good questline in this game? I haven't started the mages guild questline properly or the fighters guild so I guess I could be missing something good there.

Whoops didn't mean to quote that guy.

You can also do your faction main questline, and each zone has its own self contained quest line. Some of the zone quest lines are really well done, like Rivenspire and Alik'r.

is it more beneficial to rank up to level 50 via quests or through grinding dungeons?

Little bit of each. Queue for your random dungeon every day, about a full level of XP for each one. Pray you don't get a DLC dungeon, and quest as well.

My highest level character is 30 and I haven't really played all classes. Is it worth to comeback now and play again? I'd like to be able to chill since WoW has gotten so tiring atm

I was incredibly disappointed with the heist system. For all the workup around it, I was expecting something like Thief like stealth gameplay and instead we ended up with basket hopping and telepathic all seeing guards with magical fuck lanterns.
>No light snuffing, in fact light or dark don't matter
>No distraction devices
>No knockout tools or body dragging
>Loot is the same pickpocket trash we've been seeing for years
>No puzzle locks or special lockpicking tools for advanced or magical vaults
>Same handful of heist maps with a fucking time limit.

Also the Dark Brotherhood questline didn't feel like a Dark Brotherhood questline. Sure, they had a cast of zany psychopaths but it was a generic revenge quest in the end.
>No poison apples/food in general
>No clever murder situations with evidence planting or making it look like suicide
>No CLUE style murder mystery party like in Oblivion
At least assassinating NPC's and daedra is fun.

memes aside, you're late for 2 or 3 weeks of double xp

No he is early for the next double exp event

I agree with most of your points about the thieves guild, they could've done so many more things that would've made it more interesting. I would have liked distraction devices myself. Though something I've learned is that if you use agony on guards in the dark brotherhood it disables their detection light and you can kill them before they increase the alert counter. Not sure if it works for the TG guards.

The final boss fight for the Dark Brotherhood was my favourite of all the single player bosses in the game though. Really cool.

doing anything with TG heist guards immediately triggers detection, even if its a blade of woe assassination.

When is that?

Is the vg pc guild ded?

>vg
It's dead for you, don't join it.

we didn't do the trail last night as far as i know. Its very ded

With the crown sale, finally got the banker assistant, and jesus fuck it is so convenient.

And it got me thinking, can you use it in IC? Like, go romping around for telvar, then summon the banker, stash the stones, and not have to worry about getting ganked as much?

it explicitly says it doesn't.

Don't blame him.
The school systems just suck.
It's not his fault.

i know that one instance of Kirkbride showing respect for ESO's argonian "love" but god dammit i wish i knew what he thought about shit like the Azure Plasm book and the one on the origin of Daedric Titans

my own view of the lore is an inescapable blurry mess between the base games, Kirkbride's stuff, and pretty much everything in ESO

then again, the whole thing being a dream, blurry messes are to be expected

right?

>switch my clannfear to volatile familiar even though I hate the screechy chimp-looking fuck because people sometimes sperg out when they see a clannfear in a dungeon
>start feeling unreasonably angry at all times
Sometimes this piece of shit just stands there and does nothing while pulsing away next to me. I'd probably also be less angry if this fuck didn't eat magicka like crazy.
The dumbest shit is that my dps hasn't increased at all. I don't know why I bother.

i just started with this game and how is pvp doing later.

will i have a huge gap between me fresh on level cap and thos level 300+ players?

if so i think i will drop it because the gap for pvp looks really huge right now from 50 to 600

a little late, but if you've never done it before you should run normal then watch a video. the place has a lot of mechanics that you can either learn from mistakes or just watch a video

yes there is a huge gap. there's four different cyrodiils though. there's one that has champion points enabled and one that has them disabled. play on azura's star, the non champ one if you want balance

S-should I pull the trigger?

>play on azura's star, the non champ one if you want balance

SWEDEN yes

In some timelines , you already did.

What are you waiting for?

oy gevalt

Yeah, that shit happens all the time on Azura.

>~3 am EDT, DC night caps the map, since a couple of their PvP guilds are west coast US based
>Later that morning, another faction will push and cap everything, since the DC guild members all logged off, and its just scattered stray pvp'ers
>The third faction will rise up eventually, then it'll all start over again

>go to open 3 chests in the same delve
>all already unlocked
>level 10 glyphs and a soul gem
WOW

when i played azura's star the ad always seemed to suck the most ass. this was on us servers also. honestly i would play on azura's star all the time, but magsorc is many times more overpowered without cp levels. it's pretty shitty

welcome new players :^D

börk börk

Ebonheart is fucking braindead on Azuras Star

I used to do this on almost everything until i found it leaves the trash i didn't want in there

So I'm gonna start playing this as Aldmeri Dominion with some friends, no idea what char/build yet or anything since it's confusing for me, any tips I should know/use?

General advice:

>Put all your points into either Stamina or Magicka, only tanks should bother with health or splitting points between pools, your resource pool not only gives you more of that resource but skills that do damage or heal scale off of the pool that they're cast from
>If it just applies a buff it doesn't really matter whether it's magicka or stamina, if you have to burn a little magicka as a stam character to get increased weapon crit that's a good skill, for example
>stamina builds use more mundane weapons (2H, DW, Bow, etc.), magicka builds use staves, some niche magicka builds use DW to exploit a passive in DW that increases damage when using swords, but don't worry about that until you're far in - staves are way better for leveling
>every skill can be "morphed" once it's leveled up, sometimes this always you to change magicka skills into stamina ones, other times it just provides a couple of upgrades for an otherwise magicka skill, etc. Skills that may initially look useless to you might turn into something amazing
>skills level up whenever you gain experience with them on your active skill bar, if you're trying to level a skill in particular make sure it's on the active skill bar when turning in a quest
>learn to recognize tells so you know when to block NPCs, interrupt them and roll out of red circles, don't eat attacks unless you have to, this matters less in open world but in vet dungeons failure to block or dodge can mean death

got to love the month of double exp, right? fucking absolute shit head cp 500+ players