Paladins General - /palg/

DESPAIR EDITION

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB48)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?37097-Open-Beta-48-Patch-Notes-April-14-2017

>Datamine (OB47)
smitedatamining.com/paladins-ob-47-datamining-seris-and-fairy-cards/

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=0p9Ptob5pC4&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZMHnh2zEfGQ?t=982
youtube.com/watch?v=ezDG04gWp4s
paladins.gamepedia.com/Dark_Whisper_IV
paladins.gamepedia.com/Nether_Siphon_IV
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for glorious waifu age over the next two patches.

I want to listen to Fernando's soothing voice!

>Seris is not in the OP
YOU'VE MESSED WITH THE NATURAL ORDER!

>Will they ever fix the busted hitboxes?
No youtu.be/ZMHnh2zEfGQ?t=982
Hitboxes will stay bad forever so the game is playable with a controller, the bad players don't quit, and because good hitboxes will encourage more cheating

youtube.com/watch?v=ezDG04gWp4s

Some Seris Mythbusting to help clearup some confusion.

You had one job fucker!

So glad they didn't let her telefrag. That would be such a pain.

So now that ob45 has been out for a bit how does everyone feel about essence and crafting? Are you still starving for essence? Do you have an over abundance of it? Are you still missing critical legendary cards?

Way too much, but only because I don't buy legos I won't use. I have pretty much every card otherwise.

>Do you have an over abundance of it?
I have over 100K

>Are you still missing critical legendary cards?
No

Essence is still retarded and adds nothing to the game except to make the loadout system, that most of the playerbase already ignored, even more obnoxious.

I have tons of essence sitting around still but 60% of the champions I haven't played even once since OB45 or earlier so I'd imagine if I actually bought their shit I would be out.

I already have perfect builds for most champs but I'm always short on essence because every time I get some I spend it all on trying meme builds

Still think the system is retarded because how much essence you get per chest is 100% RNG, should've kept the gold system

>the system is retarded because how much essence you get per chest is 100% RNG
Yep, this is the worst part. It's pointless gambling added when the old system was simpler.

The entire point of essence was just so people could roll chests with gold without getting gold from duplicate refunds or gold rolls.

>feel like playing support after a while
>4 loses in a row

If I don't carry the games I always lose holy shit

Some days I have this issue. I hate to blame other people, but when I have a ton of heals at the end it's not my fault they kept running in to die.

Is Seris as OP as she looks?

Not really. Her weapon does more damage than her Q. Her heal isn't that great. Her only real strong point is her ult pulling people regadless of resistances, and even that doesnt' go through walls.

No she's not OP. She has some nice area denial with her ghost orbs but her escape takes some time to activate and she can't deal much damage when she's getting a flank bouncing around her. Her single target healing is pretty nice but it locks her into a channel and means you can't do anything meanwhile. It needs a shorter cooldown honestly, taking away her options to heal one target on a 3-6 second cd is pretty bad.

Her weapon looked pretty strong if you actually hit with it. I hope she doesn't end up as more of a damage than a support.

it only does 210 damage every 0.3 seconds and moves slow as hell. even with 4 stacks her rend soul only deals 400 damage. That means in a 1v1 you would have to hit a skye with every shot over 2.1 seconds then follow up with a rend soul. Or hit 4 times rend soul then follow up with 3 more hits. assuming they don't have any heals. Also you would probably have better luck with the stun legendary but in that case your healing range will be severely crippled. She's not overpowered. She's fun though I'll give her that.

>been playing Drogoz all day
>go Viktor for a change
>playing out of my mind
>Kill Kinessa while she's out of position and standing completely still
>guy whispers me calling me a hacker, tells me he's streaming on paladinsgame and he's going to get hirez to ban me
>oh shit
>start getting afraid some baddy is going to get me banned from paladins
>nobody is actually streaming on paladinsgame
>insists that he's streaming and submitting the footage to HiRez
>won't actually tell me his twitch
>decide to ignore him until the game is over
>still playing really good
>start getting whispers from Lex on the other team calling me a hacker
>accuse me of turning on hacks for revenge because he just beat me pretty soundly in the previous game where I played Grover
>actually was really looking forward to playing against him again
>adjusted my tactics and went with liferip first just so I could survive a duel and made it my duty to keep our backline safe
>we win pretty handily
>both of them are giving me shit in the lobby
>Kinessa keeps on insisting he's streaming and has proof and gonna get me banned
>can't convince them I wasn't, keep trying to point out how good the pros have much better aim
>remember that the last time I played Viktor I also got accused of hacking
>actually really concerned that I'm going to get banned because the Lex I thought was really good is also convinced I was hacking
>usually enjoy it when someone calls me a hacker
>actually feeling really disappointed and shitty instead

Anyone who whispers you for a purpose other than partying is probably not worth even noticing. I've seen it used once, and it was a salty kid spamming my chat to try to annoy me because I beat him.

Plus, you don't have much to worry about. Hi-Rez doesn't ban based on 2 guys reporting you.

Just call them bad, Lorez doesn't even ban the actual hackers so don't worry about it. I actually get the fattest boner when people accuse me of hacking. Years of playing FPS games and nothing strokes my ego more than some third world sub human accusing me of hacking because I can actually aim.

Same, especially when actual hacks are usually pretty obvious.

I used to play a shit ton of CS1.6 as a teenager, and getting banned from a pub was like a badge of honor, but that's cause there was always another pub to play in, and because I knew I could never get VACed because I wasn't hacking.

With this shit it's different. I've seen some of the HiRez employees actually spectate and ban some people on stream before and it's not exactly a rigorous process.

Also really got me wondering what the fuck what I was doing looked like from spectator mode. I know spectator mode isn't actually accurate and tends to make shit look sketchier than it actually is.

Nope.
Her ult is blocked by shields.

I haven't heard of anyone really getting banned from this game besides that pro drama I think you'll be okay.

The thing with Leminate?

Yeah.

Brand new to this game. Pip is really cool

t. Lex

fuck off retard I have no idea what that means

chill nigga damn
watch Lex' champion teaser

>getting this triggered by a simple joke

God damn, it was a joke about the game not about you. Calm your ass down dude.

welcome, reddit

fatass finnish manlets fuck off with your shitty meme

ded general?

Yeah. I've posted 6 times already.

OB49 when?

13k on steam rn and unknown amount on ps4 xbone, how is nobody here?

They're all playing PUBG and H1Z1 looks like.

I've been accused of aimbotting, as Torvald. These people are idiots and HiRez is very aware of this.

Is pip's heal still bugged?

paladins.gamepedia.com/Dark_Whisper_IV
paladins.gamepedia.com/Nether_Siphon_IV

>move almost twice as fast during your F and heal for 8% of your hp per second for the duration
>Shadow Travel - Details: Soul Orb (your weapon) is instantly reloaded on use.

Who thought this was balanced?

who are the common compfag champs

Don't play comp while the game is on this current state,

It's basically pick BK2win

bk drogoz makoa

>not pocket snake

Pip, Viktor, Fernando, Ying, and Tyra are probably the most new player friendly heroes to play

Grohk has similar card with movement speed in Ghost Walk.
And I tested healing in Shadow travel yesterday, not as good as it seems, especially if you got cauterized before.
She's still damn hard to kill.

It's not like next patch changes much, BK is still fucking busted.

for serious now
why are eevie's eyes so far apart?

That card's a noob trap, it's much better to use a Soul Rend to heal back because the Orbs stack last just under 5 seconds, the duration of the shadow travel. It's much better to pop the soul rend immediaitely after the Shadow travel rather than waste the Soul Orb stack trying to heal in Shadow Travel. It also last long enough for the Out of Combat regen to kick in anyway,

tight hitboxes would make skinny characters like evie cancer

you can meme all you want about muh hitboxes but it's a fact that large hitboxes make games like paladins objectively better

it's thanks to them that champs like sha-lin can actually be good, since you can actually aim at people and hit them consistently, instead of the overwatch alternative of having a character who deals ridiculous damage and can kill almost every champ in 1 hit but is not viable at all because said damage is so inconsistent

and like you said, accurate hitboxes make small characters absolute cancer to play against, overwatch is again a good example

>still no solo only queue announcement

bk, ying, rukus, torv, lex is the meta

To see more despair.

>torvald
Are you sure about that?

I have bought the majority of the cards before the essence patch anyway so I'm not hit too hard. For now I'm happy using basic loadouts on new champs and I spent my free essence on some legs.

Got about 120 chests stocked up and waiting for the right moment to buy a booster goy and open them all

>This is seris VA

Noice

cute lips

C-cute!

2B from Nier Automata and Evie share the same VA. Skyes VA had a role in a Barney movie. Yings VA voiced Riven and Bucks VA Trundle from LoL. Fernandos VA has a few characters in the Borderlands games. Pips VA also voiced Sylvanus in Smite. Torvalds VA is the narrator in the first seasons of One Piece.

pretty cool. desu i think they all did a great job.

>Pips VA also voiced Sylvanus in Smite.
Fuck now that you mention it both characters sound similar

>>Skyes VA had a role in a Barney movie
>Great job everyone! Let's all have a big group hug!
>TIME'S TICKING

To be fair, You technically were.

>Yings VA voiced Riven
She was also Squid Girl and Nepgear

She's also the voice of Alisa in tekken blood vengeance
Was quite a nice surprise when i first watch it weeks ago
You probably hear a lot of her if you watch dubbed anime

So how good is Barik? He's freaking stressful to play but I always feel like I have a decent impact with him.

He's pretty good, actually. Not the best solo tank, but he can really hit hard.

The hit boxes in this game are so generous and people still feel the need to aimbot.
Is it any better on the NA server?

it takes forever to actually get inside

>barik
>stressful to play
Nigga, what? He is probably the best tank for the highest easy to play with to effectiveness ratio.

I rarely see an aimbot at around 2700 elo. The weirdest thing was the last aimbot I saw was on a Torvald.

how can you even tell if a torvald is aimbotting

He was also mounthacking and wallhacking, so his weird spinning was actually suspicious.

>Seris' VA is Black
>Kinessa's VA is White
>Ying's VA is Mexican
>Evie's VA is a walking JoJo Reference

I don't understand this. Because of his deployables? I find the others much less stressful because you can actually take a hit, Barik dies unless you ration his abilities well.

I cant never win agaisnt that bastard

How the fuck do you kill him?

>just evie's va

is 4500 mmr good?

Just be any long range champ and murder him from afar, while he's trying to do some damage to you. Or don't let him set up on point, Barik with two turrets is a tough bitch to kill.

>Decide to try Lex
>Just walk up and click on people
>They're fucked
I can see why he's getting nerfed.

>aimbotting as Torvald, champion that already has bult-in aimbot
Can you imagine sinking even lower? I don't think it's possible.

We like paladins guru system better, check that one

barik is the second best solo tank.

but paladins.guru is inaccurate

I need an essence sink

My main has around 500k essence.
My smurf is struggling, I still play Snek with default legendary there.

they will add another chest that you need to buy with essence. The content are all cards from lvl 2-4.

PS: cards can no longer be upgraded for free in your loadout.

:^)

Barik and Ruckus can't solo tank. They are more of an extra damage and support kinda tanks. Once you have a main tank just make sure you always have both deployables up, shield whenever you need and spam your blunderbuss. You should always have more damage done by the end of the game out of any tanks, except once in a while when Ruckus has an amazing game. I was a Barik main but it gets boring real fast but without putting in a lot of effort he yields great results.

laughingyings.jpg

Which characters would be the best parents?