/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

Last thread link for autists
>Patch 1.13
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75840229415620604

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SRTfcMeqhig
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=62249773
youtube.com/watch?v=N3kkNfH4yco
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What ended up being your favourite and least favourite boss across the games /dsg/?

youtube.com/watch?v=SRTfcMeqhig
Opinions?

Red pill me on prisoner's chain. ls it really worth it? The +5 vig gets nullified by the -4% resistance so it's +10 levels instead of +15. Other rings like steel and protection +3 or life ring +3 seems better overall

Favourite: Midir
Least: The Ornsy and Smuff Show

>least favourite
Royal Rat Vanguard
>favourite
Abyss Watchers

Favourite: Ludwig
Least: Bed of chaos

kys

Stop shilling your shit video.

Did you like the game or not? Becouse that's the only thing that matters. l don't want to sound like a redditor but fuck what the others think. lf you liked the game more than the other souls good for you. l personally did.

>DS2 is so bad guys really

DS1
>All lords are shit
>O+S, Golem, Priscilla, Tauros, Quellag, Gargoyles, are the only fights that aren't broken or undertuned

DS2
>Every boss fight actually works and is balanced

Really makes you think

>>Every boss fight actually works and is balanced

Oh look, it's copypasted big guy in a suit of armor #36

Least favourite: Capra Demon
Favourite: Twink Princes

steel ring is only for pve

prisoner's chain is only 3% more damage and you can stack it with rof+3

nice meme

Reminder that dark souls 3 pvp comes down to whoever attacks first loses.

>tfw finally beat Gael
His high magic resistance made the fight take way longer than I hoped it would. But I git gud. Atleast gud enough to beat him with a moderately suboptimal weapon.

Really fun fight though. Fantastic boss.

>steel ring is only for pve

ls there a defense cap in pvp? l personally use it with armor and get close to 50% slash reduction

I don't think DS2 is a bad game, but you're reaching hard here.

Objectively awful DS2 bosses
>Dragonrider 1 and 2
>Skeleton lords
>Covetous Demon
>Mytha
>OIK
>both rat bosses
>chariot
>Freja
>prowling magus
>both dragons
>nashandra
>throne watcher + defender
>gank trio
>all 3 cats

yeah but who is he

It's effect is reduced and is dogshit as a result. Same with the clutch rings.

Apparently you can't do R1 > Spin sweep > R1 combos anymore?
How do you use that weapon art now?

>Mytha
>Chariot

Sure they weren't hard but they are nowhere near 'awful' territory.
I liked Chariots gimmick.

They sleep in one bed, user...

favorite probably princes or gael

least favorites are bed of chaos, ancient wyvern, and over half the bosses of das2

scared.jpg

horrible bait, you're not even trying anymore

>pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=62249773
He's manly man. Much better than your shit old god from rotten fanfics

Favorite: probably Gael
Least favorite: torn between centipede demon and royal rat authority

>Favorite
Ludwig, or SoC if he doesn't count.
>Least favorite
Bed of Bullshit

Yeah me too, it's one of the lightest offenders on the list.

Mytha was generic as fuck though. I felt like I'd fought the exact same boss several dozen times throughout my life. See that's my problem with DS2 bosses in general. They're far more generic than Souls bosses have any right to be.

>giant rat
>giant suit of armour guy
>giant spider
>grim reaper
>giant demon with big horns
>woman who was once beautiful but now has a fucked up body

royal rat authority was fine, chariot was a great idea executed poorly, throne watcher/def was fine

Least favorite: Bed of Chaos
Favourite: Either Looking Glass Knight or Darkeater Midir

I had more fun with Mytha and Freja than anything DaS1 except Quelagg.

Post phantoms being forced to watch their host be idiots

>switch from +4 cleric's chime to +9 yorshka at 56 faith
>this is going to send my damage through the roof
>10% increase
o-oh

A mystic wizard

It's just shameless, right? I can't tell you how many times a Dark Souls boss threw their own severed head at me.

Then you have shit taste and/or are incredibly bad at these games.

i love ds2 but royal rat authority is a less interesting sif with poison mobs added. it is not good.

vanguard was better and it was pretty shit too.

>Midir
Wow, really? Care to elaborate?

I have to say I probably enjoyed das2 more than 3. I realize it's objectively bad and so on, but at least it tried new things. It also felt like it's own game.
3 just jerked off 1's embered cock until it turned into ash - and don't give me that "it's a sequel" bullcrap. Plenty of sequels do fine with continuing the series, *without* self-fellating.
To be honest I can't wait until they're done with Dark Souls. I want a new game universe. It seems like FROM is at their best when creating new worlds overall (e.g. das1 and BB being the best games they've made)

The head was kinda fun but the appearance in general is what bothers me. Oh look, it's Medusa except according to her name it isn't actually Medusa. Now in which hundred other media sources have I seen Medusa before?

Is there any way to cheese sister friede

summon gael and use bleed

stack frost defense armor too

>Favourite
Midir, Ludwig, Gael, Pontiff, Orphan, Gehrman, Kalameet, Manus. And Gwyn because of ost
>Least
Raid boss Friede. I hate everything about her. Even her lore and dialogues.

>Same with the clutch rings.
But do clutch rings still give the damage bonus in PVP? Or are they completely useless?
On that topic - which rings exactly should you NOT use in PVP (I mean the ones that have different hidden stats in PVE/PVP)

Is Vordt hammer + offhand heavy longsword nice ? Or should i replace the longsword with a small shield and meme with the hornet ring ?

interesting that you say that, because mytha is not only a stereotypical medusa, but she is also a clone of an enemy from king's field 2.

in her concept art, she even has the exact same hairstyle.

You think Taurus Demon, Capra Demon, Sanctuary Guardian, Quelagg, Gargoyles aren't generic?
Even Artorias is lifted straight out of Berserk.

>die 40 times to Friede
>finish game and kill Gael
>realise I can't summon Gael anymore

>Favorite
Centipede Demon
>Least favorite
>The Rotten

Does someone have a good friede scythe build? ls int worth getting?

Explain your reasoning? This is just such a bizarre choice to me.

>grim reaper
???

>that violent spasm into Yamcha slouch

Overall? Either Ludwig or Gael depending on my mood. Gael is an over all tougher fight, or at least the way I fought him (ricard's on NG+7).Took me 3 days to down him, now it only takes a few attempts. But Ludwig is spectacle with his moonlight sword, and is damn near one of the best super big bosses From has made in the series, I was hoping Yhorm would put what they learned from Ludwig to good use but then we got a shitty retread of the Storm King fight.

My build is 40DEX/30INT, does well enough damage.

bleed infused bandit knife then. 2hand it and poke her while dodging like a maniac

Is it because the rotten arm doesn't fight back once you cut it ?

Every boss should stagger after a few good hits with larger weapons.

>Nashandra
>Chariot

>Care to elaborate?

It's a fun, risky, and well-designed fight. Midir himself is awesome to looks at, extremely well-animated with cool attacks. Great music.
And to top it all off, it's one of the only fights in the entire series that isn't over 20 seconds after it starts regardless of your soul/weapon level. I'm not sure what there is not to like, to be honest.

Post more like this. I want to see more similarities between the souls games and KF

Are the KF games worth playing these days? Or have they aged like milk?

Kalameet is cool. The worst boss is either Leechmonger or Dirty Colossus.

who /preparedtodine/ here

Holy shit i dont know if ive become retarded or this character is shit but ive been trying to get to the depths of the painting for 2 hours now and keep dying. I had no trouble on my other characters. Fuck this game

didn't think about nashandra because she was mentioned in a different part of the post but yeah, true
can't how chariot is supposed to look like the grim reaper though

Best build to invade and stealth fuck phantoms/host one by one?

>finally get to lothric
>farm up lothric knight gs
>equip it
>looks weathered as fuck so I don't want to use it on my paladin as the "big" weapon alongside mace

fugge
time to go get great mace afterall

I wish we got more NPC fuckery.

Thomas and Maldron were awesome. Bradley too.

Fav: Ludwig/CHAMP

Least fav: Centipede/both Rat fights in 2

Least favorite is Loran Darkbeast, Oceiros, or Bed of Chaos.
Loran Darkbeast is the worst boss im Bloodborne because it is close to impossible to reliable dodge most his attacks just due to how much he fucks the camera up thanks to his sheer size. Oceiros is just tedious and annoying to fight with how well he can keep distance between you and him in phase 1 and phase 2 has that dash attack with no telegraph animation at all that he spams to the point where it's hard to tell if it's ever safe to attack him.

you can't

they've aged poorly, but if you like souls exploration/lore they are still worth a go.

even though they were on a console notorious for loading times, they managed to pull off an interconnected souls-like world without a single loading screen between areas. even while warping.

>favorite

gonna get shit for this one, but i liked the royal rat vanguard in the grave of saints. Could have been a lot better had they improved the moveset of the rats and changed the arena, but a gang of rats with a boss rat rocking a mohawk is just too good. If they were to remake that fight for a new souls game i think it would be much better.

>least favorite

really anything with a bloated health pool and/or tremendous run back to the boss room, something like the shitty 2cats from ivory dlc.

I hate when I'm free the ENTIRE FUCKING DAY and I waste all my time on for example this board. I could've been playing vidya ffs.
Meanwhile the days that I am busy and have to do other things, I rush home to play souls for like an hour and then have to go to sleep.
It's like it's impossible for me to play video games unless it's night time.

Are they on Steam or do i have to emulate them?

Also, post more if you have it, this is my kind of thing

it won't have anything to do with fromsoft, don't get your hopes up unless you're into god eater or something

I really liked Maria and ludwig. Orphan as well, but only if I'm solo

Fuck ancient wyvern, literally pointless

I'm honestly baffled why they took such a step back in 3 with the NPCs

>They sleep in one bed, user...

I'd like to sleep in one bed with Lothric...
Or Lorian.

>it won't have anything to do with fromsoft
thank god desu

You have addiction to internet communication. I have it too.

we're just a couple of no goods

you have to emulate them, but they all emulate well.

darkmoon ring
magic clutch ring
bellowing dragon ring
free ring slot (prisoner/young/sage/slumbering/scholar)
court sorc/sage's crystal staff
sholar's candlestick
crown of dusk

crystal sour spear/soul stream
hidden body
spook
white branches

60 int

Rate this Friede's Scythe build

>internet communication.
Never heard of that, but now that you say it I probably do have it. I very rarely talk to people in real life too, so maybe I substitute the internet for real people.
How do you deal with your addiction?

The fact that mai husbando is a cripple and I would probably have to do everything for him really isn't doing anything to stop my weird ageplay fetish.

not sure why but this was my first thought
youtube.com/watch?v=N3kkNfH4yco

>>farm up lothric knight gs

but you can just buy it

How's the story?

Why's he laughing?

Does Snap Freeze scale with int?

>you can just buy it
what?

atleast it only took like 10 kills

what's with the 20 attunement? isn't it 18 and 24 for the slots? could take one out and get another fatty point in vigor.

Greirat