/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 17th:
1080 – The King of Denmark, Harald III dies and is succeeded by Canute IV, who would later be the first Dane to be canonized.
1349 – Fall of the Bavand dynasty, and rise of the Afrasiyab dynasty.
1797 – Citizens of Verona begin an unsuccessful eight-day rebellion against the French occupying forces.
1895 – The Treaty of Shimonoseki between China and Japan is signed. This marks the end of the First Sino-Japanese War, and the defeated Qing Empire is forced to renounce its claims on Korea and to concede the southern portion of the Fengtien province, Taiwan and the Pescadores Islands to Japan.
1942 – French prisoner of war General Henri Giraud escapes from his castle prison in Königstein Fortress.

>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

w&b

Reminder

La Plata

kys
based

>Advance the flag of t. /gsg/ Hurrah!

blacked

8th for the swiss conquest of french england

why does everything have to be based on a historical start? you've got game mechanics that just operate from the world state provided, so why not random maps and ownership options?

FUCKING COMBAT IN EU4 IS SO FUCKING SHIT.

Do converted saves work with HPM?

after months of study, I have concluded that it is, in fact, gay if you nut on yourself.

That is an option though.

Why do galleys get their massive bonus in all enclosed sea provinces rather than just the coastal ones?

In the Great Northern War Russia rekt the Swedish navy with galleys, but they had to bait them into the shallows because in the open water the Swedish ships of the line would rape them.

Who do I play as and what are my goals in eu4?

Does anyone have a high quality of the Fascist Bhutan flag?

t. attacked into mountain with bad unit comp and no general

if they weren't historical you would get shit like civ

uninstall.exe, the ultimate goal of every EUIV player.

>blobs behind u
>nuttin personnel kid

no

only a redditor would transfer a game from eu4 to a mod specifically aimed at recreation of historical scenarios

DAE GHANDI XD

this
this

>Ottomans

What are some essential mods for EUIII?

what do you plan on doing anyway?
just blob?

MAGNA MUNDI
A
G
N
A

M
U
N
D
I

>deaf in texas

I'm tempted to just change the initial province ownership of every country in europe so that one country corresponds exactly to one culture type, then see how it plays out. latvians kill everyone or something, I guess.

I HAVE A FUCKING GENERAL. I HAVE SUPERIOR NUMBERS. I DID NOT ATTACK OVER A FUCKING MOUNTAIN, OR RIVER, OR SOME OTHER BULLSHIT. I LOSE BATTLES 100% OF THE TIME.

have you tried uninstalling and playing a better game?

What's your morale and discipline like?

Do you have tech?
Do you have morale?
Do you have discipline?
Do you have tradition?
Do you have combat ability?

stop being 3 miltechs behind

Maybe upgrade your military tech even once you mongoloid.

It's the very fucking beginning of the game. I'm Jianshitzou. I attack Yeren. I have more troops. We have the same fucking comp pretty much. We both have a general, and every fucking time he wins the battle.

>defending EUIV
Die, paradrones

>losing as Jianzhou to anyone
stop being a shitter

Then explain to me how this shit works you fucking faggot. You can't, because there is no secret. You're just a nigger and this game fucking sucks.

I didn't even know that was possible.

Have you tried playing as someone easy? Say, the Ottomans or Portugal?

It doesn't.
Hard to generate good random maps that people care about though.

so you're attacking into woods and getting bad dice rolls? did you raise your banners, he did for sure

if his general has 2 more shock than yours you're equally fucked

well if you hate the game then of course the game is going to hate you too

mystery solved

T. Guy who thinks combat width is a thing Stop posting no one likes the ottomans, truly the worst Islamic empire, even worse than the first caliphate which just raped people
Because paradox can't code for shit
Death and taxes

There are none

>even worse than the first caliphate which just raped people
The Ottomans were the best Caliphate because they weren't run by Arabs. Not that being the best Caliphate is a good thing, mind you...

How does one survive as Saxony against the Carolin rape train? Just conquer as much shit as possible to the west before he comes?

>You can't
Here you go. A screen from my last Jianzhou game.
Korea, Yeren, Haixi, Korchin and Ming all raped within twenty years. Maybe you should stick to the Ottomemes.

>Then explain to me how this shit works you fucking faggot.
C=Cbase*UsAtk*UmAtk*(1+CAAtk)*(UdAtk/UtDef), Cbase=15+5*Dresult, Dresult=Droll+LsAtk+UpAtk-(enemy)LsDef-UpDef-Tmod

Convert you fucking heathen. But really, try to kill Karl.

form grob islmaic germaniums

>ironman on
this guys legit good at map painting goys
try blobbing in a real believable world like everyones favourite GSG: liquoria 2 with HYPER PENIS MOD

>finally put down the Stellaris Patriot Rebels
>only to set off a succession war between the anti-EUIV and anti-EUIII nations over our throne
Better hope the Holy Meme Empire doesn't send its gajillion meme vassals after us while our guard is down, our war exhaustion is already too high to fend them off.

>Implying we're EU bore and not Liq Cliq 2010
This rustles my jimmies, where my fellow Victoria Blackshirts at?

What you don't see in this picture is the couple dozen times you started over and/or reloaded to get favorable outcomes on every action.

things are starting to come together

just four european colonies plus my vassal left in SA

Is it pronounced auto-man or oh-toh-man?

Victoria Victor!

latter. like the footstool

You must be misreading what that guy wrote. An ottoman furniture piece is not pronounced with a long 'o' in any English dialect or accent I've ever heard of.

Both the empire and the "footstool" are pronounced more like "ah-toe-min" or "atta-min"

>

In HOI4 if you're not planning to make any carriers are heavy fighters always better than normal fighters?

I don't see any downside to them other than not being able to station in aircraft carriers

lol @ france

god damn, the english are more inbred than i expected

>HOI4

move capitol to Veeky Forums?
we can blob more

I just want faggots like you to fuck off tbvqh.

Reminder that there would be absolutely nothing wrong with it if they had just named it "Smash the Pentarchy" instead. It would even be funny, because rather than just parroting a meme saying it would be alluding to it through the knowledge of the title of the Ecumenical Patriarch.

the downside is that your playing fucking HoI4.

your gold and chocolate income better be huge

rofl

If that lad is still doing a Krakow run, there is an easier strategy:

-Let Russia sphere and ally you
-Declare war on Austria with Russia's help to free Galicia (Preferably around or right before the Hungarian Revolution, it will fail if Austria isn't distracted) Add more wargoals for silesia if you can
-Take decision to annex all of Galicia
-Wait for 1860 Polish Rebellion
-Get a quick CB on congress poland like humiliate, try to occupy it all before Russia can and peace out for 2 polish states, deny Russia military access when you surround CPL and wait (In my run they already had an army through so I later had to take Warsaw through war with Russia, try to deny them it
-Take Warsaw and form Poland

After that it's a matter of destroying Germany and fucking up Russia every time they try to hit you with their shitty units, make sure truces are aligned so they cant both attack you. Dismantling Austria is enough to end that headache but if Italy is weak (like it was in my game) A-H remains pretty strong and can be a headache

Wait, you can place any planes on carriers in HoI4, they don't have to be CAGs?

Literally the only improvement from HoI3.

It is fine as it is.

it's actually pretty disappointing. all my gold has been going to colonies instead of plantations, and my dip has been used on annexation and peace deals

pernambuco wasn't even me, brazil built it up

>tfw no cold war game

It triggered some virgin enough that he took a screenshot of it and posted it as bait (which I took, obviously) in the thread.
Of course, it's not reasonable for anyone to give a shit about it considering that Paradox has a long history of making meme achievements like "poland can into space."

actually i should've sorted by value

>It triggered some virgin enough that he took a screenshot of it and posted it as bait (which I took, obviously) in the thread.
This isn't even the first time he's posted it.
It happened weeks ago or maybe even a couple of months ago.

shit he did it just a day or two ago

that's some quality butthurt

Why does he keep posting it?

Manufactory+Workshop combo does a lot in your chocolate provinces.

If you have cash, but not mana you can build universities in your gold provinces, and get their base production up. I aim for 9 since that gives value even early in the game. You can go higher later in the game, but you usually have more places to spend the mana then anyway.

autism, virginity status, hatred of women

its idea group time lads

i'm gonna need administrative to gobble up ming at any reasonable pace, but i kinda think i need a mil group to make the first couple wars actually happen? or is 30k cav and 115 disc enough on its own?

should just get the miltech instead i wager, although 1 in offensive for another +shock general is tempting

No, I mean seriously, what's the significance?

I have an overly specific question about the AI for you guys, does the AI throw navies with galleys into ocean naval battles or from your observations, is the AI smart enough to leave them in sea provinces?

Admin is good.
Admin into off/aristo/defen/qual
Econ into quality, for emergency policy
Humanist+Yellow Shamanism as Tengri is pretty nice, but that's more for later on I think.
Espionage into Aristocratic isn't terrible. Espionage mostly for something to throw your diplo into while you use swords and paper for more important stuff, then you use aristo and the policy for combat.

hows barguzin doing?

it might be a custom one for that mod

How do you deal with the constant stability drops, negative events and corruption from hordes in eu4?

Also, do you core provinces or raze them if you can? And then how do you deal with all the revolts? Just suppressing them with military power?

"Smash the patriarchy" is a feminist slogan/meme along the lines of "smash capitalism" for commies or "carthago delenda est" for imperials.

white men

Right? So what's wrong with it being a meme achievement? Only reddit faggots care about achievements anyway.

I don't know who you guys are talking about, I just noticed it for the first time like an hour ago, thought it was an interesting thing for Paradox to make into an achievement.

>virginity status
Are you a femanon? The only reason I ask is because calling someone "a virgin" is up there with mockery of penis length. It's a worthless, emotion-based ad hominem that detracts from your point. Instead of mocking that autist for something you have no idea of, try mocking him for that which you know for sure about him.

I would be surprised if anyone who's spent more than ten hours on /gsg/ has had sexual intercourse.

t. babydick

>i know i'll take economic ideas so i'll have more money