Twenty Battle Stars (for real this time, I promise) edition

Current events (check in-game Events tab for details):
1 win in a CL/DD/CV for 5 smokes.
1 win in a BB/CA/SS for 5 smokes.
50 main artillery hits for 90 merit.
Shoot down 20 planes for 90 merit.
5 wins T6+ for smokes.

> What is this?
Steel Ocean is a multiplayer arcade game focused about warships from World War 2 era.

> Steel Ocean Info
en.steelocean.vludus.com/Main_Page Any way I can play with (You)?
steamcommunity.com/groups/UnityThroughSterns
"NA clan: No Botes Allowed"
We have a clan in the game. Find it on the fleet page and then click application button. Post IGN in thread to get accepted.
Also post a meme.

Tech Trees: German, Burgers, Japan, & British pastebin.com/uwYjZKzJ

>Commander calculator & DD, BB and Cruiser Comparison
An easy way to come up with commander setups without having to deal with the clunky UI. If you have any issues explain them in the thread.
pastebin.com/JYfbLwJN

FREE STUFF: pastebin.com/1gBWLXr8 = Repulse (T5 BB), Thanksgiving, and Anniversary gift Packages. (Port Slots, Silver, Commanders)

Launch from links in there. Once in game go to Claim, then Storage, Non Battle items, click 'use'

Events: (11am-1pm & 6pm-8pm PST)
Sunday: 5v5
Monday: Helena Overlord
Tuesday: Fleet Battles
Wednesday: Fap to botes
Thursday: 5v5
Friday: Scenario mode
Saturday: Fleet Battles/Helena Overlord

Kantai Collection posting allowed.
Feel free to talk about all botes here.
If you have any questions, post them in the thread or read the links.
Remember to love your botes.

Previous admiral:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uzddgJtt0aM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The cutest.

indeed.

>very beautiful

She's a poet.

Yoda, Iowa is.

Maybe she forgot that people hear spoken words right to left over there.

>Meanwhile, going over old screenshots
>Flattop tries to put on makeup for the first time

UV mapping is absolutely horrendous on CVs.

>DD's that rush a battleship without using any sort of cover to close the distance, or any attempt to dodge at all
For, Why!

DD was doing frontline where he was supposed to do in ocean map.
Ahead of the DD was the SS, closing in the enemy capital ships.
And ahead of the SS was a battleship.
An allied battleship.
This was in T9.

That would make a hilarious clip/trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=uzddgJtt0aM
Style

Anybody seen this movie yet?

If so, how was it?

>Shots fired, 11
>Shots on target, 0
>Damage dealt 730
>Laforey's killed via Ramming: 1
GLORIOUS JAPANESE SUBMARINE, FOLDED 10,000 times!

such a beautiful scene.

All of NBA in a watchlist when?

>When you find a new typo after playing for quite some time

Amazed I missed it till now desu

The worst meme
Only wastes everyone's time

What time is the daily reset for this game?

In 2 hours with +- 1 hour error because I can't really remember.

No, it was 1 minute ago

4 am Pacific time

I just played a game in my mutsuki (i'm new) and I got like 8000 exp (2.4k base)

is this good? Is it inflated compared to wows? I got 11 kills so i did well (question mark) but i don't think I would've gotten that much in wows for the same performance

Tiers one to three will be filled up with AI if not enough human players ar present for a 8v8 match. So yes, relative to tier you got a shit ton of exp. 2400 would be a good performance even in tier 9

It's a good amount of xp, there's lots of multipliers so you wont be worrying about xp for a long time.
The chinks will throw tons of premium time/battle too.

What's your battle power, /sog/?

>caring about battle power
Does it even do anything?

How do you know if they are AI or not? in wows the names have a colon before and after it eg :name:

is there something similar here? or is there no way to tell if it's a bot or not

Bots take the names of inactive players. You can only check by trying to view their profile in the post match screen. Bots won't have one, obviously.

No, it's just names of ded players. But if they're scoring kills, they're human. Again, bots are only present in tiers 1-3, which you'll exit quickly.

It is used for matchmaking and the closest you'll get to a skill rating.

>skill rating
You mean winrate?

Winrate is actually a bad indicator of skill. It's easy for someone to get carried by two skilled individuals in a stack. It really only shows whether the player in questions has no idea what he's doing, or if he at least knows how the game works. Average experience (preferably looking at individual ships) and battle power are better metrics.

BP is easy to farm, you only have to play a shitload of boats with mediocre results and thats enough to inflate it. Playing easymode goys also helps because they just throw MVPs at you.

I don't think ship BP is related to your overall BP much. The current number one has a BP that's higher than the BP of all his ships combined.

Goys help out because the xp is included in the calculations for BP.
Just look for individual stats on specific ships that you need for the moment, lets say 5v5s.

>BB: avg damage dealt
>DD: avg xp, damage taken
>CL: same as DD
>CA: damage dealt, damage taken
>CV: xp for a fighterspammer, damage for a hunter
>sub >subs

Don't bully the subs!

They bully themselves constantly and are even worse than the wows baBBies.

I've been playing for two days now. Pretty fun. Is there any point to me joining the fleet this early or should I lurk moar?

Go ahead.

Aye. Larry Boatman, reporting in

Welcome aboard.

Ded battles?

'no'

Should I get this or is it just a meme?

Who that?

It requires a lot of skill and experience

In Steel Ocean most premiums have strengths, but also weaknesses to keep those strengths balanced sort of thing.
In the case of the Ise BBV, you lose a few guns, some secondaries and a bit of armor but gain access to planes and increased AA.

It can be used as a purely scout ship, in which case you get loads of scouts which is rather nice. Can be a pain in the ass at times to fight against

But I would recommend trying to play CV's before deciding on the ship. Because if you can't stand CV gameplay, you would be missing out on the Ise's full potential.
>A battleship that can remove submarines.
>A Battleship that can spot for itself
>A Battleship that can make use of the strengths of a CV
Though again, you could just use it as a BB with a lot of scouts

It is definitely a solid choice, and you could get it without touching CV's in the slightest of course. But if you are able to remove targets with torpedo bombers with relative accuracy. You can remove subs, or other targets that might be seen, but out of range of your cannons, and she can be a monster.

>all this animu

>Option to have sails active on BB
WHEN!

Quality seal turning.

w-why

Bahahahaha. You really did webm it. Good show.

>The crew despairing as the torps close in and the ship starts turning
>Their joy as the ship dodges the torps "WELL DONE Cap'N!"
>Then returning despair as their ship continues turning, once more into the torps.

Those Akatsukis are long.

>almost forgot to stop the VIP time bleeding

fleet battle soon!

I know that feeling. Instead the daily log in just gives me three more days of VIP.

oh?

>Spent 5 minutes tenderly loving an enemy submarine, one german to another.
>She finally can't last and goes down.

Well that was incredibly entertaining, despite being a waste of time.

>Lewding a sub

What other use can you think for a sub?

Going to far off places and seeing bears.

Send help.

Time to quit to maintain those digits.

>not having 200 days

And still only one tier 9. Stop seal clubbing.

Can someone please explain to me how the fuck you aim? I can't hit fucking ANYTHING in a BB.

Well I do hope you let the scattering circle become smaller (the green dotted circle). Otherwise it's all prediction. I think the scale on the crosshair is made to hit a target going in a straight line at about 30 knots. DDs in low tier will be 35-40 knots. Also hitting a DD as a BB at a distance greater than 4.5km is pretty hard if he tries to even slightly dodge. Sucks in low tier where everything is a DD.

How do you use the horizontal notches in non hawk eye mode?

Well, the same. But your scattering circle should line up with the path of your target ship. Also I hope you're not trying to use BB main artillery in non hawkeye mode. Also note that simply pressing shift doesn't get you maximum zoom in either mode. You have to use mouse wheel for even more zoom

I'm more asking about aiming while playing light ships. I don't use the notches at all and kind of guess where to shoot based off my speed and direction vs theirs and the distance.

That's how it works

död

>tfw only 70 days

I do hope you own a Connecticuck though.

Fun fact: middle of december I had 240 days, which means in 4 months I have only lost around 45 days. Chinks are generous.

Thread submerged.

>second week in a row

>Wednesday

I shouldn't be recognising this artist.

who is this disgusting bote

Haguro.