/mmog/ - MMO General

i cri evrytim edition:

This general is for discussing new, old, and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals. If you are on one of these forgotten/niche games, looking for a guild, or friends, or just want to know the state of the game, ask here!

MOs with documented MMO aspects are also welcome here, such as games like ARK, and Dark and Light.

Card games like Elder Scrolls Legends, Krosmaga, Duelyst and Faeria are also welcome to discuss here.

We have a game of the week that we all try to play together! This week we have: Tears & Despair. Everything is ded, wake me up. Please.

We currently have a guild on Wakfu (Remington) and Archeage (Reckoning) ask for an invitation on this general!

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu (embed)

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht (embed)

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread:

graveyard tags: mabinogi, wakfu, dfo, maplestory, ragnarok, vindictus, runescape, lodoss

Other urls found in this thread:

greedygoblin.blogspot.hu/2014/12/i-can-farm-it-for-free-f2p-edition.html
greedygoblin.blogspot.com/p/do-not-play-league-of-legends.html
lodoss.pmang.jp/info/member/gameinfo/class
novaragnarok.com/forum/topic/3134-write-a-guide-for-rewards/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

remov runscap from op

go back to poe

whoops, I always forget the previous thread:

It's fun. If you get kahii and a decent book, you can punch stuff to death.

I would play with you mate but I'm at work at the moment. I'm a priest

remove revelation already

Did anyone else think revelation online was shit?
I couldnt tell where the tutorial ended, and it seemed really themeparky and not unique
Am I just doing it wrong?

it was your regular themepark shit you aren't wrong

It's just not good. A cash grab, just like everything else that company puts out.

What was the last great MMO?

What's the best way to grind maple equipment for the anniversary event in Reboot?

I'm lvl 18x and all the grinding spots within the range to spawn elite bosses/balrogs all have mobs that take like 4 attacks for me to kill with ~265k range as a NL so it seems inneficent.

I've gotten about 170 equips so far and the quickest way was leeching balrog spawns from noobs in sleepywood but that doesn't progress my character in any other way.

Is there a grinding spot im missing out on or is Hall of Honor in future ereve the quickest?

Has any mmo been great?

>2012+5
>maple

I fucking bet you also LOVE Kingdom Hearts, wear sandals with socks and cargo shorts. Pig disgusting.

Everquest 1 or 2 worth playing if I haven't played it before and don't plan to put money in?

>All I can think about, is that Loddoss is kill
A bunch of people still playing it. I just don't post that much here.

GvG seems like a joke, we had one match scheduled for this week and it was like 30v2 because only 2 people from the other guild bothered to show up.

Also it seems like Japs play with Knight as pretty much their only dps class and seems like that is the best way to go in our version as well which is really fucking sad. The class balance was looking really nice early on.

Other than the comfy party grind and the people I'm playing with I haven't got any good things to say about the game anymore.

Maintenance should be coming tomorrow so we'll see if the devs actually manage to fix shit or if it's time to drop the game.

Anyone playing ロードス島戦記オンライン?

there's been some lodossposting here and there
not a huge amount though

I literally just found out there's an English version. I had been playing the Jp version. Signing up right the fuck now.

Hey /dfog/ just resign to your fate.

You belong in this limbo now.

all they had to do was buff fstriker

>Always choose priest or archer in RO for years
>Try magician in NovaRO this time

damn kiting things with fireballs feels good

End my misery

@autoloot

I member when there was pseudo proto F2P MMO sport games.

Why don't they make one? A MMORPG with, let's say, fantasy soccer, would be fucking amazing, and I FUCKING HATE sports in general.

Probably because a lot of nerds are not going to touch it the second sports are included.

>that sucy

muh dick

play rocket league

this is true

See, I'm not talking about real sports, but fantasy ones. Like, with elves and such. Quests and dungeons; special attacks, etc.

Akko is everything.

I don't want to pay a sub (can pay upfront though) I hate time gates or dailies, and I don't PvP and refuse to put myself in a situation where I can be ganked. Is there an MMO for me?

Wakfu, server Remington (no PvP.) +18 classes to pick from, comfy as fuck graphics and music. Check it out.

RO, you might find it a bit dated for your taste.

It doesn't have to be real sports.

A good example was when the guys who made Frozen Synapse made a new game and the theme was some futuristic sport thing while the game itself was about similar strategic shit as Frozen Synapse. People didn't give a rats ass about their new game because nerds usually don't like sports and don't have good memories from school with them.

What does RO stand for?

Red Orchestra

>shitting on other peoples choices

Everyone here plays or is atleast interested in MMOs. Stop acting like you're not equally as subhuman as everyone else.

I was kinda mad when I wrote that user, sorry. Live and let die.

How does the multiplayer stuff work with it being turn based? Does that confine that to dungeons only, and if so, is that a primary/consistent form of progression?

To ask this another way, will I always be able to play with people or will I be alone until endgame?

You can play with other people right from the start (after the tutorial of course) you can do it anywhere for any job. You do dungeons for xp and gear that don't drop on the outside. There are +200 unique dungeons to do, and all the gear have their own unique 2D graphics for your character.

Again, you can party whenever you want user. On the guild there are always people doing it. If you get into the game, leave your name to send you an invite.

What's so good about Knight? I went with Thief and I'm having a blast with the utility I can put out. That being said, in the higher dungeons, how often do monsters become groggy? Are parties pulling out high damage that they kill them before they get stunned?

I'm not exactly sure what's up with the English version of Lodoss, but it's definitely using an older version of the game compared to the JP server.

Where are all the bloody mummies

Knights make things go groggy faster and you can get a bunch of things to give you more damage when the monster is groggy. Once monsters start to have 100k+ hp you start to see groggy more.

Then there's also the case that you can reduce the monsters phys def but can't do anything about magic def. Though phys def reduc helps scouts and thieves too.

It's somewhat an older version. There are things that suggest that the Shaman class is in the version but it's just not enabled to be made a character with. Someone spoke to a GM and they said they planned Shaman to come out around June I think.

I miss the old Elsword so much... why did they have to ruin it so bad...

>Knights make things go groggy faster
Is that JPN's meta then? How fast they can get monsters to the groggy state? Do Knights have a stun skill? I was surprised that Thieves had one.

Elsword in a nutshell:

Amazing character design, actually unique and creative cahracters
Fantastic action-paced combat mechanics
Fantastic dungeon design, the dungeons are diverse and fun

... But a terrible greedy as fuck cash shop that actually interferes with some game mechanics :c

To be fair tho, if you grind enough you can buy cash shop items from other players with the ingame currency

greedygoblin.blogspot.hu/2014/12/i-can-farm-it-for-free-f2p-edition.html

Friendly reminder TO FUCKING IGNORE THE ELSWORD FAG. This fucking idiot will cry and scream to all heavens about his superior generic anime MMO to death, inciting fights and general cringe. Do NOT reply. DO NOT.

>to be fair
It's not, grinding for shit you should be able to access from the start like additional skill/character slots is the most cancerous p2w model you can ever implement in a game.

>gevlon
what's that faggot up to these days?

>It's somewhat an older version.
It's at least 5 months old, because that's how long ago I played the JP server and back then it was a newer version than what NA is using.

I agree that the fact skill slots are blocked is really silly and annoying.

I'm still playing the game tho because the actual game is quite simply the best dungeon-based mmo i ever played

He played black desert and quit because there are no goals besides getting boss gear and you cant have an impact on the world.

Then he played Albion and is quitting because the gold trading system is broken.

Now he is looking for a new game again.

I've lost interest a long time ago, too many screen cleaners and people going around with +12 or mounts making the pve a shitshow.
And I won't even mention the PvP, elsword's pvp was always shit but at least it was fun, now it's just frustrating and boring.

I feel like every game I try to do group content with people, everyone just wants to rush the same dungeons over and over for loot or they just want to rush to the endgame. Are there any chill people who just want to chat and have fun instead of just rushing through with your cookie cutter build that gives you 7.6% extra dps in silence u til you yell at someone who fucks up and makes your run 5 minutes longer (or kicks you without telling you why).

he should try world of warcraft

A recent updates made all dungeons harder, just letting you know

just started up lodoss is there a guild or anything to join?

>harder
You mean longer health bars ? How thrilling.

thats what he played before EVE

forgot to mention he played league of legends and determined the matchmaker is rigged greedygoblin.blogspot.com/p/do-not-play-league-of-legends.html

i'll give you a healthy long bar if you don't stop complaining

>hmm this NovaRO thing is going pretty well
>hit 85, time for some "gramps quests"
>kill 400 of something
>4
>hundred

I know this is paltry in the grand scheme of grind but when the last quest was 'kill 10' it's a pretty big jump

Sorry I like them smelly and unclean.

easily fixed

Dude secret dungeons aren't easy until you get actual good gear. and there is also heroic mode.

Elsword has enough difficulty

>both things to kill absorb fire
>all I've put points in are fire skills
>well you can reset easy enough
>all the frost skills are fucking garbage compared to the invulnerable 1-2 combo of fire wall and flame pillar

I'm glad I didn't try any of this on the real server or I'd shit myself hollow

You barely notice it when you are partying with people.

It's supposed to be done with a party.

Of course, not like I'm playing an MMO to play by myself after all but whinging is the only way I can bump this thread

why are all the japanese MMOs dead

i dont want these smelly gook corean ones

>How fast they can get monsters to the groggy state?
Fast. And the monsters get stunned when they get groggied so they're less dangerous. And take more damage. It's quite ridiculous.

Don't think Knights have a stun of their own. Paladin does.

Well there's definitely some content simply disabled so hard to say what version it is exactly. The devs haven't been very informative to any aspect of the international server.

Most MMOs are simply designed to rush to the endgame. Even games like ToS that had no endgame at launch were still designed that way. In modern MMOs leveling is an afterthought that gets tedious the second time around if not the first.

In our post WoW MMO world most players also expect that to be the case. So they focus on leveling as fast as possible and think there's a pot of gold waiting at the end. There usually isn't.

Do you know how to get more Class Ability Slots? The Scout + Sorcerer combo to make Final Attack seems like a must have skill for DPS.

>Stopped playing when my CBS's costume expired

>unironically telling people to get on blizz's wild ride

You unlock the second one once you've unlocked 4 class ability passives and the 3rd on with 12.

>Well there's definitely some content simply disabled
It's a significantly old version of the game. Even the character portraits are outdated. I'm pretty sure they're starting the English server from the earliest build of the game. I played the JP server over 5 months ago and it was a notably newer version of the game than what the English server is using right now.

lodoss.pmang.jp/info/member/gameinfo/class

You can search for bows in the AH when there's none in the game world. I doubt that was in the since the beginning which leads me to believe it's some sort of a 'downgraded' version.

The fuck happened to dfo. My level 70 characters are wearing level 80 gears that promptly falls off them at attempting to equip something. My level 23 character is wearing level 25 gears to the same effect.

you probably had a contract that let you equip higher level shit
i think that's conquerer's?

Anyone on NovaRo who needs a healmanslut?

>Anyone on NovaRo who needs a healmanslut?
Gay

I wanna play RO. And I dont mean just scratching my itch but diving in full time.
Any good existing or upcoming servers? inb4 Talon

Nova RO

Talon is stupid shit

Just play Nova.

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

inb4 pre-re manchildren

My only gripe with pre-re is strict exp/loot table.
Say, I'm a Sorc and need cobwebs - I'm better off rolling a new character than actually farming them on my main because of the bullshit drop% penalty.

How does it compare to rebirthRo?

I meant "gripe with Renewal", sorry.

There is no drop penalty in nova.

Well, then I guess I have absolutely no excuse to not start playing.

How is Albion Online?

Are there some good ragnarok builds/guides, because I've got literally no idea what im doing

>The first question is the easiest to answer: the "new champion user" is the buyer. If you purchased a new champion or a skin to a champion you haven't used for long, you want to play this champion! Sure, it's not a 1:1 connection, you can get new champions for free from shards and you can buy skins for your main. But we can agree that someone who just pulled Aatrox for the first time has more chance of a recent purchase (likely buying Aatrox) than someone who played Aatrox 50 times before this game. The company wants to reward paying players. If they win, they are happy and more likely continue to play and continue to pay.

This actually sounds extremely plausible

here's a list of some guides for renewal, some are incomplete: novaragnarok.com/forum/topic/3134-write-a-guide-for-rewards/

>mmos

where did it go so wrong

I see everyone saying you need to multibox 6 accounts to do the content, since you can't complete some stuff without a full party, is this true?