Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

まだまだ Edition

>What's new?

>Genji Hero Announced
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/genji/
>Hamamura Battleground Announced
us.battle.net/heroes/en/battlegrounds/hanamura/
youtu.be/Dq5-18Vt-c0

>HotS 2.0 Release Schedule (Stop asking when 2.0 comes out)
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/
>Hero Mastery Taunts
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20638785/
youtu.be/RAEDd4nES_M
>Veterans get some good loot when 2.0 drops
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20653218/

>For new players:
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE
>Which heroes should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation or try mode and see who you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked, you'll regret it.

>Current Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20653891/
>Current Weekly Brawl
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20696238/
>Latest Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20696567/
>2.0 Beta Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20696241/

>Hero Rankings, various Statistics, Talent Calculator, & Wiki
hotslogs.com/Default
heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator
heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Heroes_of_the_Storm_Wiki

>Current Tier List
robogrub.com/tierlist

>Where can I find you pro Genjis?
"/join Veeky Forums" in game chat

>Tips and other useful resources:
heroesofthestorm.github.io/tips
heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Heroes_of_the_Storm_Wiki

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky
reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nerf genji pls thanks blizz

Reminder of reddit karma-whoring sell-out rats: reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky Forums_who_has_accurately_leaked/

reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
>ponyfucker

They are in this thread RIGHT NOW!

>enemy team is always together
>my team is always scattered around the map
>they have three times as many kills
How the fuck does one stop this endless cycle of feeding?

bronze btw

Holy fuck, how can you be this sperg for so many months? "I-i found the ponyfucker XD" Jesus Christ.

>Like hammer
>She sucks
Hope Genji's fun

Hammer is great
In the right comp and proper map.

Genji is looking super mobile and a pain to kill, but doesn't have enough burst damage to be worth it if the enemy team has even a little bit of CC.

Give it to me straight /hotsg/ how is the new Uther?
Better?
Worse?
Same?

Better, but mana problems are the only issue.

Better especially in ultra carry comps.

Hammer is fun! Fun!

I've always had mana problems when playing him.
Based on the patch notes I read apparently there's a quest to make Holy Light cost less, so that's something I guess.

In what now?

Have you seen that comps with two healers and two tanks plus Valla? That's a carry comp.

Is that a challenge?

>Pre-7 Tracer trying to solo a tank
Oh lawd.

new map is literally no squishies allowed

>new patch notes
>Sprays have received additional polish that should help them feel more integrated with battleground environments.
What did they mean by this?

Only squishies with good escapes are allowed, otherwise it's good sustain assasins or bruisers with a healer

Ponyfucker, get out.

Lighting applies to them most of the time now, makes them look less shit.

What does butcher qualify as again? Sustain?

Gain the ability to mind control people over the internet.

Sustain with a great engage.

So... is the PTR now Hanamura only or something?

Yeah, and it's got great matchmaking.

2 lane maps are consistently trash

is the new one bad too?

I don't get how additional core damage from destroyed forts + sappers in a cleared lane is supposed to -prevent- snowballing.

kill the enemy team harder than they can kill yours. in short, git gud.
best map ingame, but the cores need like twice as much health. games end at level 16

i don't believe you

It's really fun, feels like what Battlefield of Eternity should be. Just ends way too damn soon, feels liker Towers with 20 health.

>Blizz trying to make revive viable

>feed 7 deaths
>b-but I got 10 kills wtf matchmaking

Two lanes maps are consistently great, what you talking about?
It is pretty good now, still not viable but its getting close. I would really prefer it never to become viable and auriel got a second ult that didn't reward dying but who knows.
>dying that often as a guy who has 2 escapes
Yeah your fault as well, don't blame MM

Can Genji not lane? He seems to be pulling Nova XP contribution levels...

I'm bored. How should I troll my next Bronze HL game? I'm in the queue right now.

>Can Genji not lane?
He shouldn't lane at all.

Play medivh only as a crow and soak non-stop. When questioned, say your scouting for your team.

For Samuro, this is the cookie cutter build, right?

Way of rhe Blade -> Mirage -> Burning Blade -> Illusion Master -> Shukuchi -> Press The Attack -> Bladeaster's Pursuit.

Is there any reason to deviate from that? Because I sometimes feel like the Mirror Image talents at 1 and 13 would be better. The port on Shukuchi is often overkill for everything but chasing, to me, and I feel like I can't always consistently get more than one crit off on people before I have to start on the footwork, and in that situation I just feel like the extra Mirror damage would be better.

He doesn't have an aoe ability so yes, he sucks at it

I honestly try really hard but no he can't. He has 0 wave clear. So your best bet is to roam lots since both your dashes/jumps have a very low cooldown.

I don't want to level Medivh up because of 2.0, though.

Hmm, so is he ambush or roam? I hate not understanding a heroes role. He looks so bad from an on paper stand point.

>another roaming assassin that can't lane

gee

fucking gee

Cam't wait for QM to be even more unplayable. I guess this is their way of trying to push people into playing ONLY HL, to help fix their shit matchmaking.

Worse

>Press The Attack
>Bladeaster's Pursuit

Harsh winds and wind strider is better vs squishes
Your build is good if vs slow tanky targets but low peels

Mirror Image talent at 1 is better only in the midgame if you stack it fast : way of the blade has overall the highest dps

The other team was literally a grandmaster 5 stack, friend.

How so?

Whatever helps you shitpost at night.

Hush now, don't you have time to complain about mmr hell?

Phantom Pain / Harsh winds is better for ganking, burning blade / press the attack better for teamfighting.

I find myself wishing I had phantom pain when I take burning blade though. Personal choice.

If you go Illusion master, way of illusion gives you much punch throughout the match. His damage feels like a wet noodle without it even with the extra crit.

How will the real money skins work now?

You can buy gems with money

You trade the gems for skins when they are weekly featured

As much as I like the new map, good lord its a snowball

this game bruh

so if there's one that i really want, better buy now?

Damn do you suck, why you playing quickmatch?

more like, buy the gems THEN buy the item, it will return in the far future for half price

It does have more burst if you can land less than 11 attacks while critting 3 times plus a W. After that point way of the blade catches up with overall higher dps.

If you start with no blade stacks and manage to get only 3 hits in way of the blade has higher damage too.
If you need to waveclear with burning blade way of the blade is better

In every other scenario illusions is better, as long as you can stack it relatively fast

Butchered his talents to make him more generic and simple, destroyed his Q and now he's basically the same as before with even less builds.
>inb4 muh armor

Butcher is far too easily countered, even in QM. Sorry, but you should probably just stop playing him.

Gold league advice at its finest.
You know some of the game, but not nearly all of it, and so you probably aren't aware that and cannot explain as to why Butcher has one of the highest win rates in the game.
Butcher can be countered but smart play allows him to control around nearly anything except Johanna

Wha the FUCK happened to her? Gela just vanished from nowhere. She was our beautiful serious little russian princess, is she ok? I'll be happy just knowing that.

Easily the best female HotS player around. Loved her GM streams.

>pick nova
>game puts me on infernal shrines
>this happens

So the exact same as before if you skipped on Conjurer's Pursuit... which has now been removed.

Divine Protection looks Vile Infection tier in terms of L20 talents but if Uther still has mana problems post rework but now lacks the only stopgap he had to resolve them (Pursuit) he's worse overall by default.

What the FUCK are you talking about?

So next hero is dva for the overwatch event right?

>watching chu stream
>he can 1v1 leroic with uther

skeleton btfo

uther the new arthas. Those self heals are next gen.

Are the broken Uther changes live right now?

He's probably around 17. Let him enjoy the retarded ass Twitch waifu placebo effect.

No

lvl 1 holy light talent almost cuts the cost in half and you can complete it extremely fast
If you go full retribution build holy shock costs like 5 mana per cast
Armor technically requires you to heal less overall

He will still be mana starved vs a guldan lunara comp but he's way better off than what it was before.

UTHER THE PAINBRINGER
HE'S BACK BOYS

who here /ragequitter/?

Gotta do some afk match bullshit that's taking forever to queue for

There was no reason for me to continue playing in the game I was in. None.

the reason to continue was that you dont get leaver status
it gets worse each time you get it

fuck yea bro /unintentionallygoingtogetlabeledaleaver/ cuz my fukken sick ass dank internet is a total meme right now and its gone out three times in the last two weeks for no real reason ayyyyyy lmao fug idk what my modem meant by this but fuck it pham lmao

Just do like everyone else.

Play passive as fuck. Clear creep waves until you lose. Avoid every team fight. When they start getting near your core, feed so they know they can core.

Cassia is pretty fun to play but I think you shouldn't require like 4 talents before fend is better than auto-attacking people and there are so few auto-attacking heroes in the game that plate of the whale needs to be like twice as strong as it is now, especially since you only regen hp on foot and only sometimes.

With Conjurer's past 13 mana problems were nonexistent if you knew how to rotate for orbs. You could use Radiance and HL on CD and not OOM with Pursuit finished. It was the only way to alleviate his mana issues.

Reintroducing them by force and removing the only way to counteract them is stupid.

Just do camps, ignore objectives and afk push a lane until you lose. It's not worth playing qm games.

TIME TO RIP SOME ABATHUR BOYS

Not that guy but now I'm curious: about how many games does it take to get leaver status?

2.5 mana per second from conjurer made it so you'd get those same 40 saved mana per cast from the new lvl1 talent every 16 secs.
That's 25% more mana considering holy light cd during a fight.
Even considering they reduced the healing from holy light or the interaction between increased mana and regeneration orbs the new uther has less mana issues.

Moreover, they shifted his position more to the frontline, and given his new tyrande like heal absorbing damage is a way more engaging method to deal with mana issues.

You get it if youre d/c'd during the end of a game or during draft, maybe from non participation reports too idk

Soup Dash Salak

so who is vallas hard counter? Lost 3 games in a row to a valla

I need healing

she doesnt have one, you just have to have a better draft in general
if they go for an obvious "shield the valla and we win" comp you can just take anub and web the valla

Me too, man. Me too.

soooo, should you safe your gold for the patch or should i buy some heroes now?

ideally you would wait until they announce which heroes, if any, they will give away with the nexus challenge 2.0, other than that there is no difference from buying now or when 2.0 releases

You don't want to buy heroes now because the last big event gave away 7 dudes for free, 4 that were 10k. But don't save it for after the patch because if you want to re-roll the epic chests you get it costs 1k, 3k, 5k.

i haven't played in a while. why is abathur so weak now?
when i last played he was okay in mostly any team comp, and borderline OP with an illidan, but then they nerfed illidan and he was fine.

the fuck happened?

thanks guys

hes not weak, he has never actually received any nerfs (no one worth a damn uses buggies build), he just shifted out of the meta

its not really that hes weaker than before, other heroes have just been getting buffed/reworked and make the 4v5 fights almost impossible to take