/sthg/ Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #736 - CREAM BUTT FLOBBER CATCH Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews and General InterestsGame Development InfoNew Info and Leaks on Mania and Sonic Forces

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/trash/1492488132707.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=dEHOEdDpH40
twitter.com/jerkhov/status/854113964602609664
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

...fast?

Best girl!

>new ABT Nicole pic
That's it. I'm gonna see if he'll do a Sally centerfold.

So is someone actually commissioning this new abt stuff or is he drunk again?

>are you drunk all the time or never?

Where?

This Amy picture does things to me.

ABT gets drunk?

I know he's got to maintain plausible deniability and all that but I'd love to see him stream these recent pics being made.

Check /trash/. Hoping a high-res pic gets uploaded to the booru or something.

I mean, he did draw a couple skimpy goatmoms while chugging whisky during a hurricane last year.

Woah!

And that one Poppy pic of her "unconventional" method of fighting Fazzi. I mean, I know it's not unheard of.

Links?

Check his Tumblr, shouldn't be that far back.

Reposting my autism because people asked me to.

(1/2)

Why 1995 was the start of Sonic's downfall:
- Sega released the Saturn
- Sonic Team took a break from Sonic to do up new IPs
- Sega Technical Institute (US) went to work on a mainline game while Traveler's Tales (UK) did up a couple side games.

Why it was terrible:
- Saturn was a complete disaster in every conceivable fashion.
- Sonic Team's new IPs had variable success: Nights sold well but they didn't follow up on it until 11 years later, while Burning Rangers ended up being a niche title. Additionally, internal politicking solidified Naka and Iizuka as the top two, more on that later.
- X-treme was an absolute clusterfuck of a disaster, easily the biggest load of shit in the franchise and this is the same series that gave us 06 and Boom. At least the later two were released, for all the screwups they had. X-treme didn't even get to that stage.
- So the only Sonic games for the console was a short filler racing game, and a Genesis game that got a rushed port so they could put some kind of Sonic platformer on the Saturn.

(2/2)

The aftermath:
- With the Saturn being a complete disaster, they rushed the Dreamcast out.
- Because of how much of a disaster the Saturn-era had been, not just for Sega as a whole but for Sonic specifically, Adventure ended up having to follow up on all the expectations and disappointments of the past three years.
- At the end of the day, Naka and Iizuka were not up to the job. Naka was a skilled programmer no question, but when it came to actual game design he was more interested in how it "felt" (give me a Mario game I can speedrun) then in the details of actually making it a good game. Iizuka was a latecomer who worked on S3&K as a salaryman, and he had no idea and still has no idea what made Sonic popular. So Adventure ends up being a clusterfuck of different ideas, none of which are executed to their fullest potential.
- The flawed base that Adventure started ends up being the basis for future games up to and including 06. But with Sega's financial issues, they need to churn out Sonic games to make as much money as possible. Devs have no time to actually improve on anything, just tossing in as many ideas as they can to appeal to as many people as possible. With Naka and Iizuka still at the helm, the series suffers from a lack of adequate direction.
- And of course, everything completely falls apart with 06, which combined all the negatives of the Adventure games, Heroes and Shadow into one putrid landfill of a game. But without the disaster that was the Saturn-era, none of this would've happened to begin with. So even though the Dreamcast period was good relative to the Saturn and PS2/GCN/XBox periods, it just ended up being a brief respite that ended up setting up more problems than it fixed.
- tl;dr everything wrong with the Sonic franchise can be traced back to the Saturn era.
- tl;dr wall of text autism

I've been seeing posts that the Sonic Mania animated cutscene gif sn't by Max Collins and he just leaked it. Can anyone confirm/deny?

While I do recall seeing him post it, it's impossible to say if he made it or not. He doesn't talk much on his blog, and if he did make it, I doubt Sega or PagodaWest would let him talk about things like that.

can't do either, but I CAN say Naoto Ohshima retweeted it. That's got to mean something.

also smears are awesome

LIGHTS

The effects animation looks like it was done by Max, probably. But I would be very surprised if Tyson Hesse wasn't involved somehow. It looks just like his work. Has anyone asked him?

Hesse was just trying to emulate the CD opening style, so it's more likely a case of shared inspiration.

Ooshima is hardly involved with Sonic anymore. He probably just thought the GIF looked cool.

>hardly involved
I think he still hovers around SEGA just to see how it's doing. iirc, he himself stated that Sonic was like a son to him.

That goblin on the far right is IIzuka, right?

No, that's Amy.

Never would expect this.
i.4cdn.org/trash/1492488132707.jpg

Say that shit again

Oh, screw you!

>Sonic teasing Conquering Storm
Damn that is too cute.

Such an adorable rat.

damn, don't make me watch Sonic X just for her.

That Amy's a midget.

No/10.

Amy is canonically less than three feet tall.

Why is all this ABT smut suddenly appearing? Is he lonely and left thinking about sonic girls?

Because people keep giving him ideas and money.

X wasn't really a great portrayal of her looking back at it now (I'm a fan of her mind you), at least in the later seasons. I did like the Amy on the Beach episode though.

X wasn't a good portrayal of anyone.

He'll do anything for money.

True. It did have potential to be a good show though.

Shadow was great.

I'd gladly give him both if it keeps this current stream flowing.

He was the worst.

I think they did a good enough job.

;^)

I want to sit this Sally on my lap.

More for this Sally myself.

fug, I don't want to fap tonight again.

This one's straight adorable.

Do it!

How sad.

I want to sit in ABT's lap.

Amy Rose's game, when?
youtube.com/watch?v=dEHOEdDpH40

Marry/fuck/kill who?

Kill Silver

Please, s-stop, there are girls watching this thread.

They can join in too.

...ssso continue?

Hey guys, did you hear the new character in Sonic Adventure is gonna be Bubsy the Bobcat

Sonic is a better trans than you, Bubsy.

I sure did. Looking forward to it!

what? Neither of them are trains though

Sonic uses trains in Sonic Adventure.

I don't know if this means anything about who animated it but he definitely leaked it by accident.

Bubsy rides trains in some of the levels in the first game
i'd ride her train

He appears to be fired too. His twitter used to say he's a studio Yotta animator and now he removed it.

Damn, that's a pretty huge fuckup right there.

who was these messages to?

How do you fuck up like this?

This person who reposted it on tumblr and then got this message twitter.com/jerkhov/status/854113964602609664

>they might be in serious trouble from you sharing this

poor guy got fired from his job after this screw up

Not only did Max get fired for posting that gif, it wasn't even his work. He got fired for posting another animator's shot.

Poor guy nothing. Why the fuck was he sharing unreleased footage without authorization in the first place?

And there you go. It wasn't the animator for the explosion gif that got fired, it was the fuckwit that released it into the wild.

I don't see the big deal. Sonic leaks happen all the time.

Sucks to be him. We got our confirmation of animated cutscenes anyway.

>And there you go. It wasn't the animator for the explosion gif that got fired, it was the fuckwit that released it into the wild.

ohhhhh. Thanks for clearing that up. I feel less bad now. I thought Max was the animator and posted it by accident when he meant to upload something else or whatever.

Silly user, there's no such thing as girls on the internet!

Well, Max still posted it and got fired. But it looks like he didn't animate it. Why did he post it then?

I just watched a girl artist streaming and reading the thread, she saved a Honey The Cat picture because it was cute.

Here is a older / teen Cream from the stream.
Enjoy and Thanks for all who came. You are great.

Posted it by accident, he said that much already.

What can I say she's fucking cuuute

I guess I mean why did he have it. I guess Studio Yotta is working on it if they fired him.

user, this is getting silly. Girls don't like Sonic the Hedgehog!

Pretty cute Cream, lets do it another day. Your streams are comfy.

Marry Amy
Fuck Tails
Kill Rouge

Looks pretty good. Enjoyed the stream!

Marry Wave
Fuck Rouge
Kill Amy

Kill Amy_______
Kill Amy__
Kill Amy______

Patrician taste. Sonic The Fighters 2, when?

Looking at Max's Tumblr, the explosion in the gif looks like an explosion in another OK KO gif. Maybe he was the effects animator.