/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Hatching-tide Easter Event Info
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Hatching_tide/

>Callback Campaign
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Patch 3.56 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/26738a49887f2b9f9e6b0aa67ae5f7d1a09dd1f2

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>New info on class changes for 4.0
/r/ffxiv/comments/5xrv3u/more_information_from_korean_live_letter/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/pM6ezqfC

Last time on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ecMSU6BiE8Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Beepy

Without gear.

gay niggas

>In all seriousness if you post screenshots of your character for attention you should drink bleach.
True 2bh

post butts

>Spending all this time shitposting on the internet for attention and lul muh irony and 'triggered'

blue lizards go

>2bh

>posting anonymously
>for attention

u wat

I will bite this catte

>this is anime
only on /xivg/

Good pose

responding gives them attention

they wouldn't post it with their name flapping around because it's not the attention they want

so stop pretending to not be autistic with a question like that bby :3

youtube.com/watch?v=ecMSU6BiE8Q
>You'll never enjoy a Japanese tea ceremony with Shinryu

I want to play please hurry

Who is she?

Just bought the game. Is there anything i should know for leveling my character? Just general advice?

game is pretty retard proof just go do whatever and when you hit 30 level a secondary class for a job crystal

Make sure to do the novice dungeon stuff. It gives you new gear and when you finish all the missions you get a good ring that boosts your exp, which will help when you start levelling other classes later on.

/tits&musclesg/ - People of the Rain General

Whats wrong with having tanking stance on bosses in general? wouldn't less damage offset and more enmity offset the longterm negatives?

Healers gets to do more damage to boot?

If you use your defensive CDs right a healer can still get off their own dps. There's nothing wrong with not dropping it, but the be all end all of this game is speed killing and dps, the more you do the better you are.

Run dungeons until you get to the point where you can do the Palace of the Dead. Much faster, super easy, and let's you try out the end game skills for your class/job. Occasionally still do dungeons to get a feel for doing your role in an active environment.

People will argue about minmaxing even dungeons to the last drop of DPS. You being in damage stance and losing some mitigation is worth more than the healers damage, especially since damage in this game from bosses is extremely predictable.

No, it wouldn't. All you need to do is keep enmity, once you've established that there is no reason to use tank stance; it's a dps loss. Use your CDs properly instead.

I really hate when tanks sit in DPS stance and don't use CDs because I can't dps at all without worrying about their HP plummeting at the drop of a hat.

Disgusting ogre.

So doing 20% more damage is better than not then? what numbers does a tank usually pull at endgame with and without said stances?

Tank DPS boosts > healer DPS

Keeping tank stance on is lazy. Defiance just gives you health which isn't useful outside of tankbusters and convalesence. Grit is the same.

Just taking autoattack damage is usually enough to be healed by regen out of tank stance.

Grit reduces damage taken, WAR is the only stance that grants health.

>Grit is the same.
No Grit actually gives you damage reduction. You're right on every other point though.

Yeah that's what I meant, instead of giving you more HP to take damage it is just a % reduction, which is weak compared to something like shadow wall.

What does that have to do with not using CDs at all

No idea, just a random black girl with bleached hair.

sebers ub

its up

Servers are up chaps

Is tank DPS better than healer DPS?

Stance dancing on a tank isn't even that great of a feat.

Just make sure your big damage reduction is off cd like thrill, sentinel, shadow wall, etc. Make sure your very last hit was your biggest threat combo. Then pop your cd, change stance, go ham, switch back once it's off and you feel like you're taking too much damage.

go

>Servers up
>Balmung full within 30 seconds
>People pretending bots arent a problem

Ahura mazda!

PAY UP

actually lots of people transferred off the big servers because of cross server pf, so there have been a lot of bots created recently on those servers.

yes

yes, unless there is foes and more than one mob

>tfw made an alt on Gilga

hecks yes!

>switch back
naw bruh

nice feet

what if you have a monk being fed enhanced balance and your ninja is trick attacking but not using shadewalker or smokescreen

MNK doesn't need to be fed enhanced Balance to catch up in enmity. If a NIN isn't present, the MNK will inevitably catch up even without an AST in the run

>made an alt on a server that's always desolate at this hour

Wtf on ps4 it says unable to complete version check when i try to log in wat do

Going to do a world transfer soon, what server should I transfer to? Also, what do I need to know about world transfers?

truly posts

lol fuck that fag then

buy the game again, it should work

>Cucks not getting into Balmung
Good

You can bring several characters with one payment, make throwaway alts (if you have the subplan for more characters) just in case you ever feel like having them. And you can only bring a very limited amount of gil.

Holy shit dude you don't even understand i haven't even played the game yet, bought it yesterday and iv'e been having problems non stop. Wtf do i do seriously? If i have to reinstall the game i'm going to be so pissed.

People will pay as always, but its always worth trying once.

How limited? I have about 850k (just started a few weeks ago).

Alt thing is only if you intend to move to a locked server. Gil limit is like a mil + some smaller amount per retainer.

You can carry 1m so you don't have a problem.

Thanks

i was just kidding
you may have to reinstall

Top lewd
More when?

I didn't see anything in the notes about the aethetician

used a cheat engine to apply that hairstyle

Mateus has a 7man queue when I tried to login that means it's not dead right? :^)

There's nothing about this on the support page and reddit says this will not work. I HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED THE GAME YET AND IT
S BORKED. Fuck i'm so mad.

kittycat boys and tall friends

Please shut the fuck up Yysara.

well the servers just came up and there was a new patch. could be related to that.

>lie on bed
>feel like playing
>sit at desk
>feel like going to bed
it's an abstract kind of hell

I'm actually not Yysara though..

good morning

Henlo how is this lizard?

Painfully generic
Would still slurp his schlong though

ugly

This might just be the most generic character I have ever seen

I'm so unbelievably pissed right now, i haven't even played the game and it's broken. There's no apparent fix and now i'm gonna have to call support. Fuck this man i just want to play some vidya, from what iv'e read i can't even reinstall. Fuck i'm mad. $40 down the hole.

Fuck I'm late, is there still a chance for me to get into Balmung, lads?

I worry if I do something creative with Au Ra men it would look too silly in the territory of DRK Questgiver levels of edge

fuck no, it was locked as soon as it came up.

try this maybe?
From the dashboard of the PS4 go to settings>application saved data management>delete>ffxiv and you will see a few files. Most are character information, one is system data. Delete it.

Why am I always unlucky, why is life like this

There is certainly a fine line that must be walked, but he is cool so fuck you go all out!

I FIXED IT. fucking wew holy shit. All i had to do was make a hotspot on my phone and download the patch from that. Holy shit i'm so glad. I was livid, now i can make cute cat girls all is right.

>Being stalked to the point my alt to hang out with friends on a different DC with a completely different name and look is known to be me
Some people need lives.