/dsg/ - Dark/Demon's Souls General

Got ganked, and cried on reddit about it
Patch 1.13
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75840229415620604

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SRTfcMeqhig
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/177215
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/177223
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/151rdCnXVxKPaMcF8XUq9le2fFBS2uOFsv0kCouNpFpc/edit#gid=357720482
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cleric is still the undisputed starter class for 60 faith builds for good players.

Anyone got unneeded gaels memebow on pc?

What is /dsg/'s opinion of this weapon?

How the fuck do I dex build? My AR seems to be pathetic with a Sharp Longsword +10 at 40 Dex

N...NANI!?

very
good

K***ht

INCREDIBLY FUNNY COMIC

DARK SOULS IS HARD!

I LAUGHED SO HARD AT THE THIRD PANEL WITH THE REVEAL OF THE JOKE
I LAUGH AND I LAUGHED

>receiving hate mail
this is the first time this happened to me
my entire body is trembling with delight
how do other invaders stop this feeling?

>40 dex
That's the problem, you have to go 80 and use Lothric Knight Sword

Pretty okay when used with an offhand fast weapon. But will lose to spears, perserverance weapons, and certain WAs.

shit taste, famalam

>13 luck

You strive to feel it again.

Use lothric sword

Nice try, kiddo...
*backpedals*
*spins*
*backpedals*
*backpedals*
*spins*
*spins*
*does a running r1*
*panic rolls away*
*backpedals*
*throws knife*
*does a running r1*
*loses*
Try better next time, LOSER

Thoughts?
youtube.com/watch?v=SRTfcMeqhig

Shhh, he has to try and justify his wrong choice of starting class. Dont make him cry.

See
We don't need you to tell us your build because it's shitty rings and a bunch of points in end

So, how different do you think Dark Souls 3 would've had to have been for a sneaking system to be relevant?

>tfw Great Club

What's the best soul farming spot with the least effort? I know the fat angels on top of lothic castle give a lot of souls but they're a pain in the ass

My thoughts are that you should stop shilling

Mugen tells me that Lothric Knight Sword has less AR than longsword at any dex when they're both Sharp.

You don't. It's delicious everytime. Savor it. You're a wraith now. Don't forget to drain the residual humanity of DCs!

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/177215

Open to critique. Focus on Saint Bident and some miracles to toss around.

CE

I forgot how far you rest at a bonfire in Dark Souls 1. You could be 4 bodies away and still rest, where in Dark Souls 3 you have to be physically inside the bonfire.

How do I play more aggressively in pvp without getting my shit immediately kicked in?

SL10 on PS4 here, anyone got a spare Dragonslayer Armor chest piece they'd be willing to give away/trade for all my embers? That would be much appreciated. I'm at the Kiln, using password "dsg" if anyone wants to put down their summon sign.

I thought they were just making him straight

How do I low level with Vordt's Hammer? I have too many high end/120 Invaders for my taste. Should I build to one hand it? Or two hand it?

True, it's a slight ar edge but lothric has more range. It's your choice, really, both are extremely good weapons.

what, still here?

>wanted to make a DaS Pyromancer cosplay in DaS3
>no cracked round shield even though some hollows use them
Why do you do this From WHY

They are easy as shit. Just run up to get them to drop and run to the right. Eventually one walks over and you can kill them 1 by 1. I like farming them and ocassionally the pugs ringed knight in front on the spears of the church fight, because he is fun to fight.

Combine it with a fashion or covenant farm if you can. Otherwise Ng+ makes the two silvers on Anor Londo pretty fast and efficient.

Sweeping lothric knights near dancer bonfire is solid too.

What are DCs user.
Disconnects?

Fucking finally people start waking up and denouncing the shitty "DaS2 is bad" meme. It gets increasingly frustrating that people just parrot Matt's complaints as their own. Like come the fuck on.
I encourage anyone to watch this video and see how this player dissects Matt's poorly aged arguments and shows people the good that is Dark Souls 2

No auras at least. More variety in cloth color, maybe even dyes. More areas with tall grass or equivalent. I don't see how chameleon isn't superior in every way
rapport only needs 10 int and a ring or two.

>30vit
??
Also
>40 fth and no miracle boosting rings

reminds me
>that undamaged soldier armor some of the undead soldiers wear on the bridge to the Lorian and Lothric fight.
>they don't drop it

Stop shilling you're video.

yeah cos lothric has 110 crit

Never stop walking straight at them, throw out R1s every few seconds, try to roll catch every single roll they do. If they have a parry tool walk right up and kick their parry into a free R1. If they swing, roll behind them and keep walking right at their face. Be a reactive shitter if they have an ultra weapon or anything with poise but keep walking straight at them. Even if you're low on stamina jog in their face because the more they backpedal the more time you have to regenerate.

When he said you can't riposte with 2h in DaS1, people in the comment section said you could. I tried this on Black Knights in asylum (parry with grass crest, swap to 2h my gravelord) and I can't seem to get the riposte. Is he wrong about it or is he right? I can't seem to do it, but commenters said they can

And I encourage anyone who watches this video to watch Mitch L's response video, it's hilarious how he destroys hbomber in a quarter of the runtime.

You aren't swapping fast is enough is all.

Does anyone have a lower level build that can help me with Friede on PC?

pass is dsg at the chapel, this cunt just doesn't stop and even parrying gives me loads of chip damage

Ah I see. So it's a trade off for a bit more range and better crit if I decide to swap to Lothric Knight Sword.

Meh, I guess I could mix the Hornet Ring into my build and get some pretty nasty crits going.

Yes. Auto win with a hint of tears. Had two yesterday when their white died. Made me rock hard.

Holy shit adding kicks into your mix ups is so fun really makes me want to make a gundyr cosplay, but I was using a SS so it's probably not as effective with a halberd

Ugh.
That sounds fucking amazing.

L2 Triangle R1
I've tried, how fast do you have to input it? Is it a 1frame link or some shit?

Didn't know if I should go with a miracle boosting ring or the sage ring. And I forgot to change the Vit after swapping armor around.

Question:
Do you think this is a good choice of spells for a 40/40 int/fth build?
>Chaos Bed vestige
>Black Flame
>Lightning Arrow
>Great Soul Dregs
Onyx Blade and Demon Scar are both used.

Mostly, I am curious to try GSD since not many people would expect it and it may sinergize well with the other stuff.
Thoughts?

Left Trigger, Y, Right Bumper.

I doubt it was meant as a PvP thing.
Think more PvE.

>guy makes a das2 critique video
>guy makes a das2 critique video critique video
>guy makes a das2 critique video critique video critique video

How deep can we go?

I feel like Dark Souls 3 is almost as awkwardly disjointed as Dark Souls 2 is. Not quite, but almost (nothing will beat the Iron Keep though, so...).

And I feel like the "Lords of Cinder's lands are converging" thing is more or less an excuse to get away with this kind of awkward, nonsensical world building.

Both games aren't up to par with Dark Souls 1's geography layout. If you could warp from the get go in DaS1, 2 and 3 would have nothing to stand on in this department.

it's always a good idea to have varying levels of speed on your spells

This wont work against daggers and straightswords.

It is said, that at the bottom of the Dreg Heap, beyond the Earthen Peak ruins.

Is the Ringed City.

I came back after a year and rolled a pyro, it's amazing what some speed buffs do. Niggas eating orbs for breakfast while wielding lmao2handpoise weapons.

Mitch's video is pretty much "Harris is wrong because I said so"

He provides a lot of evidence that debunks some of Harris' points though.

Revised a bit.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/177223

>tfw FromSoft tricks you into thinking you're going down into DaS Catacombs after killing Demon Prince
>tfw you just use another banner to get a lift from those stupid fucking bats again

I'm on ps4 with it but I'll only meet you at the ringed city bonfire because I thoroughly dislike your build.

Saying getting 99 lifegems is easy to get (29, 700 souls) is laughable. Especially considering SM exists

You can get those point for pve as well, with good ai. It already exists to an extent with hidden body. Or you could just take the TES way out and make it so with high enough luck or whatever, mobs won't notice you while sneaking
just go with pyro offhand and handaxe mainhand
One of the few things ds2 did right, multiple versions of the same armor

>FromSoft tricks you into thinking you're going down into DaS Catacombs
Literally how?
Everyone ingame says how beyond the dreg heap lies the ringed city, why the fuck would you go to the catacombs?

Mitch goes on about how playing unlocked is the "easy route", i stopped watching after that. The video is pretty much what you said

He's right about the healing pool thing though, that small point aside. A bunch of people found Harris' healing argument to be lacking/basically an admission of "this is easier, so its better."

>30 vit
>30 att
>only 40 fth

This kid needs a dose of git gud.

youtube is very limited as a conversation platform, all you can do is make points and people refute them on separate videos

>look at the other videos
>he is a feminist/communist shill
why am I not surprised

How about instead of being cynical share your thoughts on what "git gud" stats are? 60 fai?

Hbomber's shtick is to just make a controversial video and spread it around like aids.

Fair enough, but do you mean the bonfire after the Demon Prince? Because I don't think I can beat him
with +1 weapons.

Redpill me on dex builds, what weapons other than
>Kumo
>LKS
>AGS
are good?

>muh VIT and poise

Frayed

yeah that was the main reasoning behind it, but does the poise from sunlight talisman+lightning spear carry to GSD? that would be pretty amazing.
Also what's best for this setup for casting? Izalith Staff or Murkmen?

How low? Lowest i got is 38.
omw

>bident meme
>no buff

Cool

Either go full faith or don't bother with it. Also leo ring only boosts physical damage so the damage increase with lightning infused weapon will be negligible.

30 proof of concords fucking finally. Never again

He makes an outrageous claim saying 99 x lifegem is readily available.
He makes an odd claim that playing unlocked is equivalent of "easy mode"
He says that because Hbomber criticized Matt's poor play, that he shouldn't be allowed to criticize DaS1's healing system

I don't think he's doing a good job mate

I did him at +2 sl 23

It's actually slower than you think it is. It's very hard to explain but keep practising on standard hollows and you will eventually get it

I see, so like a clickbait article, only in video form right? I remember some German explaining something similar to me on /int/, only he was making videos shitting on Islam and then linking them to Muslims, they can't help themselves click the video and rage in the comments, apparently you can make a living off of that, eventually the channel gets shut down, so he just makes a new one, pretty genius if you ask me.

Frayed, Sellsword, Wolf Knight Curved, Great Scythe, Rapier, Hollowslayer Greatsword, Corvian knife is better sharp than most infusions now.

Frayed
Great Scythe
Darkdrift
Shotel
Sellsword twinblades (but only for PvE really)

I have one I can give later but I won't be home for a while.

They should buff sharpen to make it's effect consistent between the two weapons. Should give both the 10% damage bonus and make each swing heal for 20% of the damage dealt. Anyone disagree?

>walk into firelink on a new character
>see a phantom swinging an axe around
>probably just testing the moveset or whatever
>suddenly gets lifted 5 metres into the air and flung across the room
w-what

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/151rdCnXVxKPaMcF8XUq9le2fFBS2uOFsv0kCouNpFpc/edit#gid=357720482

Alright, thanks