lmgtfy.com/?q=agdg games
steamcommunity.com/app/519930
steamcommunity.com/app/364960
googumproduce.itch.io/whipthevote
youtube.com/watch?v=QVWAy2-1b_E
youtube.com/watch?v=dlD9K5mY5n8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Asceticism is a lifestyle characterized by abstinence from worldly pleasures

Audio files aren't vinyl records, they are encoded data that your computer must interpret at runtime.

.wav is the closest thing to "pure" audio, there's basically nothing to decode which makes it the best and fastest format.

but gamedeving is a worldly pleasure

I meant voxels limit aesthetic, not that other word i just learned.

Im going for cartoon style, since i dont have a full dev team to make realism.

Im more focused on mechanics than look. But i know kids will be impressed by smooth graphics in a sandbox.

reminder

Who cares, I just use whatever the engine I use supports.

/agdg/ is a lifestyle characterised by abstinence from making game

not if your a salty amerinodev

braces next line
macros are only for conditional compilation / include guards, NULL, PI, MIN(), and MAX()

>loli jam not in the op

/agdg/ is a font of incredible strength

gogem wants to be like a caged hitler?

damn, he is into some kinky shit

pity that i am not gay

Use gcc and a text editor or whatever the heck microsoft heathens do when they defile the chosen language?

These are great mysteries

>tfw working on a game and see that someone else already made a better version in every way
why even live

Do not, my friends, become addicted to progress. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

Steal his ideas and make them even better.

and for logging functions that expand
log("value: %f", value);
to
log(__FILE__,__LINE__,"value: %f", value);

And for lots of other things you don't seem to think of right now.

Did you just assume the dev's gender?

use MSVC 2015 to develop all source code, and to compile and debug on windows

compile on linux with makefiles using gcc from the command line, debug with gdb from the command line

want to change the source code? alt-tab to windows and edit it and save it

dropbox / syncthing / network share to have the linux folder instantly update by the time you alt-tab back to it to remake and rerun it

Link your competition so we can deliver the hate train or praise.

Face it, you need an artist. I could be your artist. Just tell me about your game and let's see if we can work something out.

>73 views published 2 weeks ago

gogem why do you even bother? build an actual fan base for once or just give up

store.steampowered.com/app/364300

Face it, you need an idea guy. I could be your idea guy. Just tell me about your genre and let's see if we can work something out.

Post your idea portfolio

My itch game has exactly the same amount of views.

>mixed reviews
Why don't you read why people don't like it and make sure your game fixes these

ok i'll build an actual fanbase for once
thanks for the motivation

Sandbox mine and craft rpg.
Deliver me ideas please.
Ill take whatever you got.

No I stopped doing that, I just manually put __FILE__,__LINE__ in it now

I forgot why

Also, instead of UNUSED(var) I just go (void)var

But I do have to admit that I wrapped malloc to be like

#define ALLOC(TYPE,NUM) (TYPE*)calloc(sizeof(TYPE),NUM+1)

just to get rid of having to cast it manually all the fucking time

+2 viewers in 1 year

>he thinks FTL clones have any chance of beating FTL

I want to make this game, but with climbing instead of falling, better graphics (16-bit style), a different setting, and melee weapons instead of guns. Could it succeed or would it be seen as too much of a ripoff?

What? You use working things out? Sorry, not interested.

What're your compile times like? I'm always annoyed that I end up switching to my "fucking around" workspace if I need to wait even half a minute. Adding an annoying beep once compilation is done helps. Or have the game immediately launch so it winds up on top of whatever screen I was looking at.

Never get functionality mismatches with different compilers? I guess you're targeting pretty standard architecture. Is MSVC even 64bit?

How do I tell the controls to the player without text or floating pictures of buttons and keys or forcing the player to dig in the options?

Reminder: itch.io/jam/rush-hour-jam

Text-to-speech. Follow conventions. Have your game look for printers on their network and print a manual

Intuition.

STOP BULLY

I compile with -Wall and don't get any warnings when implicitly casting from a void* pointer ...

Also ASSERT() is a prime example for macros, since you want to disable them all for release builds.

conceptualize a game that more than one person will want to play. stop resting on your laurels that because x amount of people bought your games you can't seem to motivate yourself to do anything better.

rrps was you trying to elevate. you aren't like that anymore. you gave up without quitting which is just sad to watch.

Why wouldn't you use text

use static pictures of buttons and keys.

Downwell is not original or impactful enough to have anything being branded as a clone of it.

Mighty Jill Off is actually much closer to what you've described and even then your game wouldn't be a clone.

Instructions
At
The
Point
Of
Need
edwardtufte.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0001HD

Daily reminder that video games are, at their very essence, the visual display of quantitative information (with feedback systems)

>praised for graphics and music
i can't beat that with pixel art, but hey i still have room for mechanics

Anyone has some good vids/read on modeling and rigging shoulders ?
Mine simply "retract" into the mesh when the character lifts his arms.
The only one I've found is too specific and I can't reproduce the same results.
related vid
youtube.com/watch?v=Akmy1ZowcLU

It's too late. Did you not see the screenshots of his loli game? They were deleted and anons were banned because it was literally cp.

He doesn't want success. He wants to be an edgy troll living with his mom until she dies then he will sell her things and basically do this forever. I bet you think I'm exaggerating. Anyway there is a very real chance he will have his internet access restricted or taken away on sex offender crimes soon. It would be pointless to even try to improve himself now.

Player becomes the ruler of a small settlement. Start of with manual resource gathering in the vein of Minecraft and Terraria, but the focus is on building housing and workshops for NPCs to live and work in with a needs system akin to the Anno series. The goal is to become emperor by gaining power on the overworld map through military conflict with troops created in the settlement.

but how do I tell the instructions without breaking the textless aesthetic

No the MSVC IDE itself is still 32bit

MSVC compile times are pretty fast, and it only recompiles as needed, gcc isn't so quick but also the makefile I use puts the object as dependant on its direct source, not on the whole include-chain that it includes, so sometimes I have to make clean, make all

that can be improved but I don't try so hard

If I do a full rebuild, and get up to drink water, it is finished by the time that I am pouring water into my cup

Usually in MSVC you just press F5 or hit the green arrow, which will compile the game and then launch it in the debugger if the build was successful, in makefile I sometimes have launch the game as a final command of building it, but sometimes I remove that

could have a make run that is dependant on make all I suppose

And yes there is the same source files for all platforms, with minimal #ifdefs it is all bog standard SDL and C/C++

Meh, nothing i havent though of before.
Thanks for your time peter.

that is how he is going to quit without quitting. it's like suicide by cop.
>i give up but i'm too afraid so i will just try to get in trouble
true coward.

You sound like the guy I talked to roughly half a year ago about the beauty of Minard's representation of the russian campaign of 1812.

That's a great vid and that man really knows his topology. How is it "too specific"?

Hire an artist, or pray that one will find your project/engine acceptable enough to work with you

make infographics without text

or invent your own clear hieroglyphics

What is your next game going to be?

inb4 it's your previous 2 games with small patches again

pointing out that i get ~50 views consistently on my devlog videos isnt bullying. it's showing that i have ~50 more fans than a nodev like him ever will.

>to jump, press the BIRD button

>Mighty Jill Off
I looked it up but it's not really what I'm thinking of. This would be procedurally generated like downwell and wouldn't focus on the platforming, but rather on the hack and slash mechanic and jumping/breaking through blocks to progress through the level.

For $1,000/month he will "remove the paywall on social interaction trainer"
patreon.com/gogempro
No new ideas. No pitching for another game. He is done making games and wants to retire with a library of Newgrounds Flash games that nobody played or bought.

>How is it "too specific"?
Well to elaborate on that, I'd say it's because he shows his results, but I have no idea how he did that. And I'd have no idea on how to translate his idea to something that looks slightly different. Like for instance if I did something low-poly.

Unless that's come up in multiple conversations here otherwise, yes that was me!

>every view is a fan

>consistently
why else would they keep coming back to watch my mundane progress videos about politics simulation?

If any easily identifyable keys are in the layout (spacebar, return, WASD) just show key relative to them. Highlight one so the player presses it, and they see what happens.

Alternatively just show the whole keyboard with the relevant keys highlighted. I think Hyperlight Drifter did this?

I'm guessing this is just a basic platformer thing. If your controls are more complicated and need explanation I don't know how you ever expected to get away without text

that is REALLY sad

Can someone explain what removing a paywall is? Please tell me it's not just gogem trying to be a special snowflake and it just means "FREE"

Stop.
>captcha: ROAD STOP

Has /agdg/ ever actually made any games?

Nice to see you again. If I recall correctly, you were working on a colony management game with blue + yellow / ochre graphics on black ground during dino jam. What's your current project?

lmgtfy.com/?q=agdg games

>doesnt know what paywall means
i know you retardposters are retarded but cmon.

Icy tower but with enemies and upgrades
Sign me fucking in

>every agdg game must be a 2D platmemer
NO

how do I art
how do I content
how do I music
how do I how do I?

someone send help

Think of an animal that starts with the letter of the key

like a xenoraptor for x or a eskimo for e, etc

then create a contrived screen-sized level where there is literally nothing else you can do but that one game mechanic, and the animal is there on the level

so level one is a pit and you are in it, there is nowhere else to go but up, and there is a walrus sitting on the surface

if the player presses any key nothing happens as all are disabled, except for w which moves him up

then when you go up, the screen changes to the next level

you are in the dead-end of a hallway that leads to the right

and there is a duck waddling around

and you can't move in any direction except right, and only by pressing the d key

and so on, and you just keep on expanding until you have covered all the game mechanics

the initial ones (w,a,s,d) are obvious, people will know them on their own already, but they establish the animal name first letter = key to press to handle the new thing on this level

>lmgtfy now has some gay Mac aesthetic
fucking WHY

No that wasn't me then or it was multiple people. In any case, I'm still doing the same as I was doing then: studying math/stats/data/cs. I only come here because I love OC and the topics interest me and I like giving people feedback. Do you have a project?

1) Majority of their usebase is mac.
2) They dont know how to detect OS from web APIs

he had some kind of achievement only for the person who paid him the most and when people called him out on it he generously promised to make it a normal achievement if he gets a grand of parasite subsidy on patreon
gogem is a plie of human garbage who's giving us all a bad rep and you should avoid any kind of direct correspondence with him at all costs

I'm stealing this

>i have ~50 more fans than a nodev
So you consider fans to be people who like you secretly but don't vocally support you or buy your games.
(If they do I don't see it anywhere
steamcommunity.com/app/519930
steamcommunity.com/app/364960
googumproduce.itch.io/whipthevote )
No fans in your reviews, comments, anywhere.
They secretly are your fans and you know they exist because they watch your youtube videos.
Gotcha.

>Think of an animal that starts with the letter of the key
>like a xenoraptor for x or a eskimo for e, etc
those aren't animals you fuck

though i can't think of an animal name that begins with x

Better than whatever the fuck this shit is.

googoo, i'm sure you're only pretending to be retarded, but these views could be coming from people on /agdg/ who only click these to laugh at you and from many other sources

I get nothing when I try to go to googumproduce.com. When are you gonna fix your site? Also what are you working on? Detective game?

>though i can't think of an animal name that begins with x
Not really an animal name but the phylum that contains horseshoe crabs is xiphosura

there is literally only some gay fish that no one knows

just use the xenoraptor

>xenoraptors and humans aren't animals
really nigga

>what are options

>right click menus that conform to the aesthetic of whatever you are clicking at is wrong

humans aren't animals dummy, we were made in the image of god

and xenoraptors don't exist

>humans aren't are multicellular, eukaryotic organisms

ummm sweetie, humans aren't animals and are made in the image of God

I've got our conversation connected to that game in my head somehow. Could be it was the conversation-starter or something. Whatever.

>Do you have a project?
Sorta. My most recent project (pic) has been sitting idly on my harddrive for over a month now. Had to take a break from gamedev, but now that I have time for it again I'm struggling to overcome my inner nodev.

I know for a fact all of his views are from agdg or the handful of subs he got from agdg.
I posted one of his newest videos to show everyone he was still stealing progress posts here and it got like 400 views because I posted it every couple days for a week.
>youtube.com/watch?v=QVWAy2-1b_E
This was more promotion and visibility than gogem ever gets on his videos so he believes it is "marketing" when other people do it for him. Unfortunately he also got tanked with thumbs downs. Best to conveniently ignore that.

youtube.com/watch?v=dlD9K5mY5n8

When you pull away flash in the pan moments of attention grabbing or someone giving him attention and leave him by himself and see there was absolutely no "marketing" achieved. He remains at ~70 viewers per video like he was a year ago. It's literally all in his head, all of it. The entire gogem empire is a 30 year old man playing make believe with himself for pity.

Hey, first time posting. I'm working on a top down game set in a high school.

Right now I'm working on the multiplayer, which I guesssss could be described as a multiplayer hotline miami. All the weapons work realistically. It's a last man standing type game.

You can only see the room you're in, but there are sound indicators for the rooms you can't see, and if you open a door you get vision that room.

The map is a realistic high school. Like the weight room allows you to pick up bars and use that as a melee weapon, for instance. All the weapons act realistically.

At the beginning, you choose a "faction" like jocks, nerds, etc. Then you start in their corresponding room and they all have unique abilities. Every faction has a "resource" exclusive to them that the other factions would want. This makes it so you can't turtle in your base and wait it out.

I'm hoping to do a single play aspect too, but I'm unsure how to approach. I also might wanna do an office building map, but I don't know how to do factions for that.

Should I shelve the multiplayer aspect and work on single player until I can figure out how to get it to work?

Oh I haven't been around in awhile but I loved the hell out of your progress posting some weeks ago. I hope you win that struggle because I was really into where your game was going.