byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/fE3Ts8A

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3568
youtube.com/watch?v=RlqDFPLUhig
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3568

Should morena have been unbanned? Discuss
Personally I think she should stay banned

Threadly reminder: Coders do not care about your poll and it will be ignored even "no" wins, as confirmed by clusterfack

“Foes and false friends are all around me, Lord Arthur. They infest my server like roaches, and at night I feel them crawling over me.” The feathered man’s fingers coiled into a fist, and his beak trembled. “My son Nuklear came to the adminchat a guest. He ate Lord Pain's bread and salt, and hung his banhammer upon the wall to feast with his friends. And they deadminned him. Deadminned, I say, and may the headmins choke upon their fables. I drink with Dragonbro, jape with Sawbones, promise Probe the hand of my own beloved Soca... but never think that means I have forgotten. The north remembers, Lord Arthur. The chicken remembers, and the clown's farce is almost done. My son is .”
adminned

>my son is.
>adminned

>NO SHITPOSTING EDITION - STAY OUT
>STAY OUT
Answered it for me

Stop fueling the thread with drama you fucking disgusting discord lurker

>our girl morena gets denied
>solarious gets unbanned

explain that

>IAA starts with a special version of wallet that is black and has an FBI-style badge inside
>When loaded with an ID, this wallet-badge can be used like an emag to grant the user access to normally inaccessible airlocks and machines/computers, but only for the holder of the item, and only temporarily.
>The function also sends a message to security channel and all silicons identifying the item user's fingerprint if any, current ID, and which door or item is being accessed with it.
>Something like "SECURITY ALERT: Ron Johnson has used IAA badge #4577 to access Engineering Foyer airlock at coordinates (x,y,z), with fingerprint ID of #234661846whatever, using the ID card of Ron Johnson (Internal Affairs Agent)"

>The main purpose of this item would be to gain access to items and areas normally inaccessible so as to investigate, without requiring the help of a HoP, who IAAs shouldn't have to answer to.

>The special access ability might have to be on a cooldown so that it's not useful for just forcing through a bunch of consecutive doors/machines, or during an emergency.

>Ability might also need to have additional checks so that it's at least extremely difficult for anyone other than the original IAA owner to use, like blood or DNA checks, or face scans, etc.

Thoughts?

>our
>girl
Are you sure about that

>IAA becomes a better detective than the actual detective

DLEETE THIS

Bill is morena's boyfriend and she played ss13 on his computer.

She's a girl! A cute one too!

I keep forgetting detective exists as a separate entity to regular security.

How would you feel about detective getting that instead, or both detective and IAA having a version of it, where IAA's only opens doors, but detectives can do computers/machines too?

Did he actually say that

We're not bay. IAA will always be used to blacktide and grief sec when they fall for lil' timtim dindu's sob story. Let the role die.

Detective should get it all, IAA is a roleplay job and detective is best job

you need to go back to

detectives should get it all my dude

I'd be okay with the role being repurposed entirely, too.

The point I think we both agree on is that the role, even at best, severely struggles to have a purpose on Veeky Forums currently.

I wouldn't miss it if it died, either, though. I could think of a million better uses for the station space that the IA office and courtroom take up.

>baystation gets cool features and we get attack animations

This is fine. Actually investigating crimes is more important than typing up reports, I agree.

It does make sense that someone who could do something like that should be more closely tied to security as well. Hell, even as a weaker battering ram that takes longer to use, just for airlocks, it would be great.

it's called pAI, learn to make use of what you already have in the fucking game.

God no. Dets constantly go braindead. suicide, and never work together so they die like a bitch and log off/diona then their stuff is in the wind. The last thing we need is a psedu-emag on he loose alerts or no. Knowing they're grabbing guns isn't going to stop them from popping out of a locker and shooting a lone rambo autist in the face then flushing to loot. Yes, people can hack more successfully but got knows why but somehow shocks do deter the more inexperienced players successfully

They're antags or guilty hardened shitters. There's nothing for the IAA to do beyond once in a blue moon demoting someone having harmless fun with their office gimmick because the IAA is autistic.

There's no way to fix it with the pace the game usually goes at without hamstringing antags and validhunters into having to play along. Even when they be their most useful, inspecting departments cyclically being basically a pseudo-patrol 6-bomb/malf/singuloose detector, it's still inferior to anything else.

Luminol is the only thing not covered in the scanner and I doubt that bag fits in yourbackpack which makes it a liability and a headache. Have you even played detective???

What if we had two detective slots

>Have you even played detective???
Probably more than you

The bag also does fit in your backpack

How about we just rename IAA as NTA (nanotrasen agent), and have their sole purpose be to act as bodyguards to the Captain, or acting captain?

Maximum of two such bodyguards, still dressed like IAAs are by default, but they start with a shoulder holster and NT USP with rubber bullets by default instead of a briefcase.

Boom, the role has purpose, and now the Captain doesn't have to be expected to be so robust by himself.

but then that's breaking and entering

No. A good detective can easily handle everything. Two detectives is pointless.

Two detectives that are cute girls however,
thats 10/10 and should be enforced.

WHY DON'T TRANSFORM RP INTO VALIDS

GREAT IDEA

I challenge you to try to get a pAI even once in five rounds in the morning, five rounds in midday, and five rounds late at night.

Let us know how it goes.

So is using a battering ram. pAIs just hack the door open, so they are indeed just a weaker battering ram

baystation doesn't have a freakout every time content is added and don't they have attack animations as well

>want to play pAI
>nobody uses it
>want a pAI
>nobody wants to be a pAI

suffering

It's called a security officer and you're supposed to stick with them. Barely anyone bothers to stick together regardless of how many times they get jumped and dunked

Admins okayed using looc to ask people to use the pAI/print and use one

Not toasting the circuit is important

If bad content getting a negative response because it's bad is a "freakout" you need to kill yourself.

pAIs don't toast circuits, they just force open doors

W-wouldn't it be funny if we had a day where we pretended to be bay and had high rp??

haha just wondering

Not that guy but battering rams destroy the circuit board in the airlock much like emagging it does.

It'd be terrible and unenforceable. just like the other event days

>If bad content getting a negative response because it's bad is a "freakout" you need to kill yourself.
every other servers coderbus pretty much forces shit through for this reason and that's why you have nice things on other servers. accept it

You're being funny, but think about Veeky Forumsstation for a second. Really think about where a high RP role belongs in accordance with our server mechanics and culture. It's more a case of ideas for transforming a purposeless role that everyone hates into something that's playable at all.

A single or pair of unarmored guys in suits with a magazine of rubber bullets for a pistol, no access to the armory, and a mandate to single-mindedly protect the captain, is hardly a MUH VALIDS issue.

>It's called a security officer and you're supposed to stick with them.
If you've played for more than a day you know that's fucking impossible and stupid to expect in most cases. The reversal of role expectations would make all the difference. A role that is singularly expected to stick to and protect the captain and NOT to go hunting for valids or deal with greyshitters or solve crimes, rather than the captain being expected to seek out sec who are guaranteed to otherwise be busy in the brig or on patrol or dealing with shitters or antags, on top of not having the same access, attire, or tools as sec, would fall into place 9 times out of 10, instead of never at all.

Just try to honestly imagine it. A loyalty implanted Agent Smith type whose starting text and job description is "STICK TO THE CAPTAIN LIKE GLUE AND ENSURE HIS SAFETY. YOU ARE NOT SEC, YOU DONT MAKE ARRESTS OR HUNT ANTAGS, JUST KEEP THE CAPTAIN ALIVE".

Don't you think that would work better even for the densest players for that stated purpose, in every round type?

The real question, I think, is: Do we want such a thing?

Personally, I think it would be cool, and a hell of a lot more interesting and useful than IAA.

>porting blueshields
NO
NONONO
DO NOT

Sounds fun! Reported.

I'm OK with this.

>Admins okayed using looc to ask people to use the pAI/print and use one

And you still almost never see them. Because pAI as a role needs a shitload more work and features to even begin to maintain anyone's interest more than the initial experience of trying it out for the first time and realizing it sucks.

>>porting blueshields
What is that? I don't play or even look at other servers.

Why is anyone using a battering ram unless it's code purple

>What is that
bodyguards
the people who play them are fucking awful and the role is fucking awful

I'm sure the server it's on matters a lot, as well as other details of the job's expected duties.

I think it could work on Veeky Forumsstation, so long as it was tethered strictly to the captain as the body to be guarded. Maybe even just as a special role that had to be requested on code blue or higher for a ghost to be reborn into, just to spitball randomly.

Anything is better than IAA at this point, and the NT Agent theme/aesthetic, if nothing else, is worth keeping around in some more purposeful and relevant form, I'd say.

Can't you just roleplay as an IAA?

PATRICK
BATEMAN

MALLORY
BROOKS

detective love duo :3

There will never, NEVER be anything better than a good newsfeed
I argue that newfeeds about sec are the best, of course
Blueshields are the role the metabuddies of the head players take so they can have an excuse to sit around with their erp partner IC

>can't you just rely solely on other players, on Veeky Forumsstation of all places, to humor you and take time away from whatever hectic shit or autistic projects or other actually gameplay-important activities are going on to make your entire job relevant even 1/18 of the time?

Try it yourself, and see how it works. Try it for years and see how consistently you can scrape tooth and nail to feel halfway relevant as IAA.

>metabuddies
Sounds like you're saying the main issue is an admin concern, and not a gameplay or design concern.

So if the admins are doing their job and meta-shit isn't a concern, what else makes the idea so repugnant?

Discord scum notwithstanding, if it's true, it's true. This kind of behavior only creates more of a divide between the ivory tower coders and the players that are the heart and soul of the server.

post a song that describes your favourite ss13 job

I really don't see it going well. It'll be blacktiding mkII

There's nothing they CAN do

librarian
youtube.com/watch?v=RlqDFPLUhig

It's not a well known fact that it's okay to looc for it now. both from the requster and the guy you're trying to get to do it.

>This kind of behavior only creates more of a divide between the ivory tower coders and the players that are the heart and soul of the server.
You mean lurking through discords just to post it in the thread to make the playerbase hate coders and even themselves?

Everything on this fucking server HAS to be balanced around the idea that someone will use it to validhunt/griff
On a server like bay that wouldn't be the case because they have hardline stances on shitlery but here it's so ingrained that there's no point in responding to anything but the worst cases
if you introduce things thinking that people will use them in moderation or that they won't be idiots you're in for a gitban

How come lifeweb has nearly no admin supervision and he only rules are no shitty names, no OOC in IC and vice versa, and no shitskin, yet the RP there is so much better than our server?

>Everything on this fucking server HAS to be balanced around the idea that someone will use it to validhunt/griff
>introduce things thinking that people will use them in moderation or that they won't be idiots

Yeah, okay, so what do you imagine would be so terrible about a role with less access than sec, limited and unchargeable nonlethals only, no armor, no cuffs, no authority or access to jail or even detain anyone, and a strictly and clearly defined mandate and job description to simply "protect the captain"?

They might ignore their job and go be a shitter?

In that case botanist is more abuseable and dangerous, by fucking far, and it is a role that exists.

Hell, even janitor is a million times worse.

You'd start better equipped to be a shitter as a goddamn bartender, who even spawns with body armor and a gun that they can easily get unlimited ammo for.

No, I mean having the audacity to say you're above player polls. Accuse the thread of whatever you want, you're probably going to be right, but polls are the most accurate judge of player option we have. It doesn't matter if you're a player, an admin, a coder, or Pomf himself. Thinking you're better than the players is going to hurt the server.

*steals ur heart*

He'll only have his default access for less than 30 seconds, he'll have no problem getting lethals, armor is irrelevant in stun n done and, everyone can make cablecuffs, authority is granted by your strength, once the headset's off, anywhere is gay baby jail

I don't really like polls because asking tg and pub shitter immigrants if they want pub shitter stuff is pretty dumb and is a large chunk of the reason why we fell from the med rp pomfstation was founded to be into the low rp dumpster

>>armor is irrelevant in stun n done

>he doesn't know armor can prevent stuns

Opinion discarded, you don't even know how the game works.

Also, by your logic, there can't be any new jobs of any kind ever, because anyone can do all the things you listed, regardless of starting access or starting items.

Get fucked, troll.

*gasp
*gasp
siezes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless

Thinking you're better than anyone using any discord just because you're in the thread is exactly the same.

which job has roundstart armour that prevents stuns?

It's laughably easy to counter ablatives which are inconsistent even with a riot shield and bulletproofs are ass

Armor cannot prevent stuns unless it is high enough to match nuke ops armor
>unironically saying troll

f l u f f

Isn't that only on bullet based stuns as well since they passed a check to absorb it fully?

If it does absorb the hit fully then yes but it's still rare to absorb it unless you're a miner.
I was thinking along the lines of stungun stuns when I wrote out that post.

medbay dream team go

Armor values don't absorb tasers

Op suits can

Debate it all you want, our serb's combat is laughably reliant on stuns. Yes, ablative can reflect energy weapons and some armor has a chance to block stuns, but there's nothing that completely negates them, except for hulking, which has a guaranteed stun once it wears off. If you're against a competent player with a stun gun, you're done. I've seen lots of lifeweb shilling lately and I hate to contribute, but their combat system is excellent. I envy it.

How does it work?

sparq guns

I'm sorry for instantly murdering you, wizard, but it's more or less impossible to safely stun a wizard without any chloral/sleep tox, as if you stun and cuff, they can mindswap you or mobility spell away (among other things)

Got a screen to be sure it wasn't a the electrode narrowly misses the foo?

Don't play stupid just because you want to be right. Saying armor doesn't matter at all, ever, because stuns exist, is asinine.

Yes, stuns are the most important thing, but we've all seen an armored person get the fuck back up and make a comeback because they couldn't be finished off after a stun, because of a lot of factors that include armor preventing fatal damage while they were down, and oftentimes because there's a lot of other shit going on and not every battle is a straight up 1v1.

Don't apologize.

fuck wizzes, kill em all

There's stamina, you can two-hand basically anything, much more targets on the body, crawling on the ground, jumping to people, parrying, dodging, tons of shit. Melee weapons are also much more abundant than ranged weapons.

It's rare enough to not be that huge of an issue. Nearly every fight I have is melee.

He was just running around in maint with a horse curse spell and a shoe snatchin' spell, so i kinda bad

>Armor matters if your opponent is a drooling mouthbreather that can't cuff after the stun
There, fixed

best medbay is solo medbay
if medbay has multiple autists they will just slow eachother down and sperg at cryomixes and pill colorings whole round

for lifeweb they are rare but if we were to put their combat system in then the stun guns would not be rare

but there were only two wizards and neither had horse curse or shoe snatching

>tase
>cuff
>beat until dead
Congrats, you win.

A taser or egun emptied on someone is always going to stun them at least once, regardless of ablative armor, riot armor, ops armor, anything. If you aren't able to stun someone once installed fight with a full taser/egun, that's your fault. Grab a laser tag gun and do some training.

>kick leg until they fall
>kick head
epic

>installed
In a, my bad.

I am absolutely certain that the wiz I kill snatched my shoes

Real talk, lifeweb isn't even that great. Its combat system isn't actually that great as people say it is, it only works with no rules because its literally a no rules server where you can murderrape anyone with the only thing stopping you being metagrudges that happen a lot, their medical system is shit and its populated by erp scum, its shilled here 24/7 by kolith and the shitter club, but other than that, it isnt even remotely that good.

>Join as geneticist
>First block I check is remote view
>second block is TK
>Third block is Xray
>Spend the rest of the round drinking in the bar, watching bar brawls and watching the clown remotely fail miserably as a tratior

I even gave him remote view at one point. He didn't even last a minute after he bought his invisibility sprays.

You're only proving my point. That's better than what we have.

Doing that requires going to a specific combat option, targeting a specific place, and then switching to a new target area and stomping them once you knock them down. Even then, they can still try to crawl away.

I'd say that's a lot better than
>use any stun weapon
>skip next step if they don't have armor on
>cuff
>beat
It doesn't even matter where you aim or anything. Not to mention shit like table stunlocking.

I'm 80% sure what you're saying was taken out of context and that you're behavior is the kind that needlessly creates more of a divide.

>lifeweb disarm spam is somehow better than our disarm spam
>making a combat system all about melee with rare as fuck ranged combat in ss13
>liking melee combat when everyone started joking about it being "robust" when its absolute garbage
You are a moron if you think that relying on melee entirely is bad and you are shit if you cant dodge the slow moving yellow ball. Stamina combat sucks more than stuns and lifeweb, from what you have said, is just disarm spam too.